Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 18:23   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Are you sure its a GLS, AFAIK Petrol just comes in GL AT. The dealer I spoke to made it clear that petrol comes only in GL variant, the GLS top spec is limited to the 4WD Diesel. The price point of a 4WD GLS Diesel is much higher than the Crysta 2.8 AT Touring sport, the other alternative I have been considering (please dont beat me up on comparing cars from 2 different spectrum - but those are my 2 choices right now). It would be nice to know if a Petrol AT is indeed available in the GLS variant.
How long back did you check with the dealer ? This car was a Petrol 2WD GLS AT. That's what the rear quarter glass window sticker said too. Plus, I'm pretty sure because this car had the powered tailgate, electric parking break, LED lights, electronic drivers seat.I think there was a slight model rejig and model update sometime around when the 4WD GLS diesel was launched. Do check back with the dealer.
Old 26th December 2017, 18:56   #167
BHPian

Your review of the Hyundai Tuscon Petrol is spot on. I took delivery of a Petrol GL AT last month and was informed about the updated GL model with additional features. But GLS model was not an option for petrol model even in the brochure. So its possible Hyundai has started giving the GLS model also nowadays. I got very good mileage on a recent 500 km trip almost 14-15 on MID, I managed appox 530 km on half a tank of fuel at speeds above 100 kmph but I drove almost completely on ECO mode which definitely helps matters. GL is also very well loaded now but you do miss the LED headlamps and auto tailgate which were not hugely important for me. Plus you save around 1.3 lakhs if opt for the GL.
Old 26th December 2017, 20:10   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How long back did you check with the dealer ? This car was a Petrol 2WD GLS AT. That's what the rear quarter glass window sticker said too. Plus, I'm pretty sure because this car had the powered tailgate, electric parking break, LED lights, electronic drivers seat.I think there was a slight model rejig and model update sometime around when the 4WD GLS diesel was launched. Do check back with the dealer.
Appreciate your prompt response. I just looked up the Hyundai website after reading your response. They indeed have the price option specified for Petrol GLS. I will check with the dealer again in the morning.
Old 26th December 2017, 23:41   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
Your review of the Hyundai Tuscon Petrol is spot on. I took delivery of a Petrol GL AT last month and was informed about the updated GL model with additional features. But GLS model was not an option for petrol model even in the brochure. So its possible Hyundai has started giving the GLS model also nowadays. I got very good mileage on a recent 500 km trip almost 14-15 on MID, I managed appox 530 km on half a tank of fuel at speeds above 100 kmph but I drove almost completely on ECO mode which definitely helps matters. GL is also very well loaded now but you do miss the LED headlamps and auto tailgate which were not hugely important for me. Plus you save around 1.3 lakhs if opt for the GL.
Just checked the price difference is 2.25 lakhs
Old 31st December 2017, 19:36   #170

Quote:
So guys finally took delivery of my Hyundai Tuscon Petrol AT GL in white. Amazing car with very stable ride and handling miles ahead of my Honda City.
Haven't driven it much now but MID shows around an avg of 9Kmpl in city driving primarily which is what I expected. Delivery time was spot on by the dealer and I got the updated GL model with additional safety features (ASM, VSC, BA etc.). Hoping for a good ownership experience.
Hi I am quite keen on the Tuscon but am worried that the mileage will be very poor in Mumbai. The Hyundai petrol engines are know to give poor mileage. I would be happy with 9 but to get 6 would be a bit much. Can you help out . What is your mileage
Old 1st January 2018, 02:08   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
Hi I am quite keen on the Tuscon but am worried that the mileage will be very poor in Mumbai. The Hyundai petrol engines are know to give poor mileage. I would be happy with 9 but to get 6 would be a bit much. Can you help out . What is your mileage
If you read my post no. 167 I did manage to get a pretty good mileage over long drive in the Tuscon recently. In the city being a petrol automatic the mileage is sure to suffer. But experience of driving in Mumbai in real bad traffic my mileage came down to 8kmpl but it improves quite fast once you hit a open stretch. But in my experience 8-9 kmpl is quite doable in severe traffic. So if you like the car just go for it its wonderful to drive. Please let me know if you have anymore queries.
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:26   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Hi! recently (Nov'17) I got a Petrol MT, I am hoping to do a detailed review for the benefit of those looking for the Petrol MT as I had a tough time making the decision without any idea on how the front assembly, lamps, alloys, interiors, etc look on the GL model of Tucson. Its frustrating that no dealer would have even a picture of a GL model, test drive is impossible.

To your point, I mostly drive very short distances (around 1km), which includes a few minutes of engine idle time and the digital calculation displayed is usually about 7.4 to 7.8 kmpl, some days 7.1 too. Longer distances, i have seen 8+ and on the highway, i saw 12+ even though it was not free flow empty roads. The pick up seems sluggish or the car masks the speed, I am not sure, but, I always find myself braking hard to come to a stop, this could be a reason too for lower average I am seeing in the city. I am learning to change my driving style to get more FE as I am pretty sure you cant push a Tucson like a Cedia I hope this information helps!
kartho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 22:49   #173
BHPian

After Arjun Reddy coaxed ach1lles into buying the TPH cover here, I ended up getting the aquatec TPH anniversary special cover for my Tucson too

The fit is excellent. Fits the Tucson like a glove. Looks the part too.

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_3508.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_3505.jpg

Have to confess the colours were suggested to me when I placed the order ( the other choices were yellow and orange ). Wife is reminded of superman for some reason. All is good except for a pissed off wife. I did tell her the ~8k is after a pretty good discount but she thinks I'm crazy because I think ~8k for a car cover is a good deal.

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_3506.jpg

Magic trick of water proof cover didn't appease wife.

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_3509.jpg

Comes with a pretty handy carry bag and a cloth cover as well.
sandeep.k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:37   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have the Tucson Diesel AT since 01 year now and it gives me 8.7km/ltr in Mumbai Traffic. Occasional 9.2km/l on open stretches. To be honest a little disappointing. My previous car Skoda Laura AT gave me a consistent 11km/ltr on the same route throughout the five years that I had it.
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 16:11   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi, I have the Tucson Diesel AT since 01 year now and it gives me 8.7km/ltr in Mumbai Traffic. Occasional 9.2km/l on open stretches. To be honest a little disappointing. My previous car Skoda Laura AT gave me a consistent 11km/ltr on the same route throughout the five years that I had it.
My 2017 diesel MT Tucson gives me 10.2 kmpl with AC mostly off and only occasionally on, being Blore winter (manually checked using tank-top to tank-top method, MID shows 10.4 kmpl).

I am hoping in the summer with AC mostly on, it dips to atmost 10 kmpl and not below.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 18:00   #176
BHPian

Since the discussion about Tucson FE is going on here, my friend who owns diesel AT Tucson sent me these.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-photo_20180108_175856.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-photo_20180108_175939.jpg  

Last edited by mjumrani : 8th January 2018 at 18:05. Reason: Fixed attachements
mjumrani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 16:15   #177
BHPian

Got a call from Hyundai customer service asking for feedback from my Tucson purchase. One specific question was 'Would you have like the presence of a sunroof on your Tucson ?'.

I obviously said yes. But that got me thinking. Wouldn't the right customer sample to ask this question be the people who enquired about Tucson and not bought it yet ? Kind of seems redundant Hyundai asks these questions to someone who has already bought the Tucson!

Last edited by sandeep.k : 10th January 2018 at 16:36. Reason: Typo
sandeep.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 21:12   #178

Quote:
So guys finally took delivery of my Hyundai Tuscon Petrol AT GL in white. Amazing car with very stable ride and handling miles ahead of my Honda City.
Hi it's been a few months now since you got the Tuscon AT petrol. What mileage are you getting in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.

Last edited by ampere : 27th January 2018 at 22:27. Reason: Trimmed quoted Post
Old 9th February 2018, 02:23   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.k View Post
Have to confess the colours were suggested to me when I placed the order ( the other choices were yellow and orange ). Wife is reminded of superman for some reason.
Man. He didn't say yellow was as option, or I would've ordered the yellow flanked by black; Batman colours. Now I hate this choice
ach1lles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:22   #180
BHPian

Tucson is available in GLS trim also with the same features as Diesel GLS except the 4WD
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed