Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2018, 19:22   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

I have the base diesel variant. The red lamp on the door doesn't glow when I open the door. Isn't it supposed to glow? (What's the name of this lamp, btw? Door pocket lamp? Or puddle lamp?)
Old 24th February 2018, 20:25   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I have the base diesel variant. The red lamp on the door doesn't glow when I open the door. Isn't it supposed to glow? (What's the name of this lamp, btw? Door pocket lamp? Or puddle lamp?)
If this happens for all the doors, then it might be possible that the variant you own doesn't get puddle lamps on the door but only reflectors. My VW Jetta has it this way. Check if your variant is equipped with this feature. Puddle lamps are also present underneath the ORVMs in certain cars.
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 08:47   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
If this happens for all the doors, then it might be possible that the variant you own doesn't get puddle lamps on the door but only reflectors. My VW Jetta has it this way. Check if your variant is equipped with this feature. Puddle lamps are also present underneath the ORVMs in certain cars.
Mine has under the ORVM. But I think it's more useful to be on the door.
Old 25th February 2018, 09:48   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Mine has under the ORVM. But I think it's more useful to be on the door.
The official review has an image of the door and looks like none of the Tucson's variants have puddle lamps on the doors. Here's an image:
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-2016hyundaitucson23.jpg

It's only a reflector. You can install puddle lamps on the doors by wiring them to your cabin lights but that would void warranty and is not something I would suggest.

Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 13:17   #185
BHPian

New top end variant GLS+ could be launched with panoramic sunroof and ventilated seats

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/hyundai-ind...compass-762839
aviraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 17:24   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
New top end variant GLS+ could be launched with panoramic sunroof and ventilated seats

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/hyundai-ind...compass-762839
With video:
https://www.cartoq.com/exclusive-hyu...p-compass-suv/

Looks great!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 20:44   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
Hi it's been a few months now since you got the Tuscon AT petrol. What mileage are you getting in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
Sorry for the late reply was a little busy last month. Mileage seems to have settled around 10kmpl but that's mainly because of the light footed driving I do. With a slightly heavy foot it drops to 9kmpl or even lower in bumper to bumper traffic. Highways you can expect around 12-14kmpl depending on your driving style. I hope this answers your query.
P.S. All figures are quoted from MID so expect some deviations from tank full method.
Old 9th April 2018, 15:07   #188
BHPian

Re: Hyundai-Tucson2.0 CRDi-AT-Electronic Parking Brake issues

Hi all Tucson Owners,
I had a peculiar issue last evening. Events were as follows;
I was exiting a local Mall parking and there was unfortunate accident with some cars on the lower parking ramp for which there was a huge line of cars from level 7 down to level 1 of the parking that were on hold.
1. My car was in "AUTO HOLD" mode on a steep incline and was in this position for about 35 to 40 minutes, engine running, ac on.
2. Suddenly I got a beep alarm and a pop up message on the dash to say "parking brake activated automatically"
3. I disengaged the electronic parking brake and again depressed the Auto-hold function, but this message kept popping up and the car Parking brake would automatically engage.
Eventually I took it Off Auto-Hold and drove home with this feature off.

This morning all was normal. I could engage Auto-Hold and no Warning.

I feel it was probably because of overheating of some solenoid/relay as the car was in Auto-Hold for long period of time.

Have any of you faced this issue ???
Thought I'd just share this.

Warm regards,
Seacat
Seacat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 16:09   #189
BHPian

Re: Hyundai-Tucson- Problems and Solutions thread

If vehicle is on auto hold for prolonged period, parking brake gets engaged automatically. I have noticed the same in friend's Tucson and in my XC90 as well. I don't think this is a issue or niggle.

Last edited by mjumrani : 9th April 2018 at 16:09. Reason: Fixed typo.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 19:34   #190
BHPian

In an unfortunate event, drivers side view mirror broke and since then the car has started throwing errors such as air-conditioning would start immediately upon starting the car, central locking system would not work, MID would switch to a different screen, automatic boot opening would not work.

The problem was detected to a few blown up fuses and was resolved temporary. With an hour or two, the same issues cropped up.

Any pointers or suggestions in such a scenario.

Note: the side mirror is still not repaired and parts have to be ordered from chennai.
Old 13th April 2018, 06:24   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
In an unfortunate event, drivers side view mirror broke and since then the car has started throwing errors such as air-conditioning would start immediately upon starting the car, central locking system would not work, MID would switch to a different screen, automatic boot opening would not work.

The problem was detected to a few blown up fuses and was resolved temporary. With an hour or two, the same issues cropped up.

Any pointers or suggestions in such a scenario.

Note: the side mirror is still not repaired and parts have to be ordered from chennai.

The problem was traced to a few blown up fuses and resolved in an hours time by replacing those.

BTW, the side view mirror costs Rs. 22500+ labor
bhavit46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 09:08   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
The problem was traced to a few blown up fuses and resolved in an hours time by replacing those.

BTW, the side view mirror costs Rs. 22500+ labor
Wow that's pretty steep. I better be careful about my Tuscon's ORVM. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 13th April 2018, 09:12   #193
Team-BHP Support

When would the new face-lifted Tucson come to India, any information?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 13:43   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
When would the new face-lifted Tucson come to India, any information?
I was also waiting for the face lift of Tucson.
I had really liked it in the test drive but the drab interiors and missing sun roof (which now Creta also will get) had deferred my decision. Dealer is saying that it is 100% that face lift would not be available in India this year.
Now, I am waiting for Compass Trailhawk launch(I am particular about automatic) as this is the only other luxury 5 seater automatic SUV option below 25 lakhs ex show room.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 01:23   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I was also waiting for the face lift of Tucson.
I had really liked it in the test drive but the drab interiors and missing sun roof (which now Creta also will get) had deferred my decision. Dealer is saying that it is 100% that face lift would not be available in India this year.
Now, I am waiting for Compass Trailhawk launch(I am particular about automatic) as this is the only other luxury 5 seater automatic SUV option below 25 lakhs ex show room.
I am not sure which dealer you spoke to - the one I am interacting with has been very honest. He has mentioned a late April / early May as possible time frame and a premium of a big 1+ for the new GLS+ variant. Ofcourse until we get an official confirmation we need to take these with pinch of salt.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks