Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 09:10   #256
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kota/Bengaluru
Posts: 28
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Guys, need to change the high beam bulb of 2018 manufactured Tucson. The 4WD version.

Need to know the specifications, whether its an H7, H4.
This is from the Owner's Manual for my 2018 Tucson ...

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-bulbwattage.png
pachchu77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 14:17   #257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Hyundai Tucson-Alarms lit up-Help !!

Hello!
I intermittently get the Hill descent, ABS and ASR lights up on my dash, but I find no difference in the driving. I have tried to switch off the engine , wait a about a minute and re-start the car with no effect. Then after maybe a minute of driving the alarms disappear. !!
This is not a steady alarm so I really don't know whether to be concerned or not.
Can anyone help !!
The car is due for her 2nd service any day now (19,490 kms) and I want to be adequately prepared in case the ASS takes me for a ride.
A fast response will be greatly appreciated.

Name:  IMG_0484.jpg
Views: 1894
Size:  25.2 KB

Regards,
Seacat
Seacat is offline  
Old 21st December 2018, 15:05   #258
Team-BHP Support
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea (Bihar)
Posts: 6,860
Thanked: 8,855 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson-Alarms lit up-Help !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
A fast response will be greatly appreciated.
I honestly believe it because of some error codes. And this can only be determined when the car is hooked to the laptop.

Whatever be the issue, it should be covered by the warranty, please get extended and customer care should help & intervene in case the ASC acts smart.

Do let us know if you feel something expensive is being suggested, there are many who can provide a solution.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 17:28   #259
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 57
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Hi guys, I purchased a 2wd AT GL Tucson on 15th of october. I am quite happy with the vehicle. The only thing i wish could be better is the sound system. What do you guys have to say about the sound quality? I find it too bland. Should have been sharper.
aboveallkaran is offline  
Old 21st December 2018, 19:51   #260
BHPian
 
sreejinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 449
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Planning to buy the diesel GLS 4WD or the GL(O) 2WD, but I keep hearing the ground clearance is too low. Some websites say its 195 some say its 172, some 176. What exactly is it? Also to the owners have you guys ever taken it "off road"

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2018 at 09:39. Reason: Minor typo.
sreejinair is offline  
Old 21st December 2018, 21:53   #261
BHPian
 
Ithaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: MH 43 // MH 46
Posts: 309
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Planning to buy the diesel GLS 4WD or the GL(O) 2WD, but I keep hearing the ground clearance is too low. Some websites say its 195 some say its 172, some 176. What exactly is it? Also to the owners have you guys ever taken it "off road"
I remember this query being asked before too.

Autoportal site answers this query as saying the ground clearance is 195 mm
Autoportal

On this very thread on Page 8, Post No 120 by vharihar had a similar query.

Posting same below for your reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Can someone tell me what exactly is the GC of the Tucson (and kindly specify unladen or laden when stating)? I've seen various sites claim 162 mm, 170 mm, 172 mm, 195 mm, etc. The brochure doesn't state it, the Hyundai brochures state the Santa Fe's GC, but not the Creta's or Tucson's).

Here are the various dimensions I've come across (and they don't say unladen or laden, hence the confusion perhaps):
170 mm per this thread so far.
162 mm per https://www.carwaar.in/hyundai-tucson-ground-clearance/ (shown drawn in figure)
172 mm per http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4095008 (which cites an overdrive source)
195 mm per https://www.cardekho.com/hyundai/hyu...ifications.htm and also http://www.indianauto.com/cars-in-in...ai-tucson.html
I don't believe member vharihar received the reply to his query.
If he is reading this, maybe he could shed some light on this.

I would suggest you call up Hyundai call center and ask because going by my experience when the vehicle was launched, the sales team at local dealership were also clueless about this and actual fuel tank capacity and I did not follow up since I did not pursue the purchase.

Off Topic, Are you getting any good year end discounts for the Tucson.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2018 at 09:39. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Ithaca is offline  
Old 21st December 2018, 22:59   #262
BHPian
 
sreejinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 449
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Off Topic, Are you getting any good year end discounts for the Tucson.
I called a friend of mine who works at a Hyundai showroom, He'll let me know tomorrow. I'm not sure if there will be a huge discount though.
sreejinair is offline  
Old 21st December 2018, 23:24   #263
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ghaziabad, NCR
Posts: 15
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Was looking forward to buy diesel GL (O) 2wd. But sadly none of the dealerships in ghaziabad or noida have a TD vehicle with them. Even in delhi only 1-2 dealers have a TD vehicle. Even the hyundai plaza has only petrol TD vehicle with them. This is a very sorry state for hyundai even in a market like Delhi- NCR there dealers do not have a single display or TD vehicle with them. Why launch a product when you cannot support the sales.
Not a single dealership in Delhi-NCR has the updated model with sunroof for display.
Kshitizag is offline  
Old 22nd December 2018, 11:52   #264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 578
Thanked: 665 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I don't believe member vharihar received the reply to his query.
If he is reading this, maybe he could shed some light on this.
Nope, I didn't receive a clarification on that. But I went ahead and bought the manual tranny Tucson, and am very happy with it (except for the low passenger seat issue, which is a stupidest thing done by Hyundai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
... I keep hearing the ground clearance is too low. Some websites say its 195 some say its 172, some 176. What exactly is it? Also to the owners have you guys ever taken it "off road"
I don't know the GC numbers, but I've driven it extensively on all kinds of bad roads, and it has never ever scraped the bottom, not even when fully loaded.
vharihar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 11:57   #265
BHPian
 
sreejinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 449
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitizag View Post
Was looking forward to buy diesel GL (O) 2wd. But sadly none of the dealerships in ghaziabad or noida have a TD vehicle with them. Even in delhi only 1-2 dealers have a TD vehicle. Even the hyundai plaza has only petrol TD vehicle with them. This is a very sorry state for hyundai even in a market like Delhi- NCR there dealers do not have a single display or TD vehicle with them. Why launch a product when you cannot support the sales.
Not a single dealership in Delhi-NCR has the updated model with sunroof for display.
That seems to be the case in Maharashtra as well. Just like the last time this will be discontinued and owners will have to wait for months to get the parts. I have the old tucson and I have to go through the same problem when it comes to parts.
sreejinair is offline  
Old 22nd December 2018, 11:59   #266
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 578
Thanked: 665 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Passenger seat height increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi,
The Hyundai Tucson Passenger seat is really low and i want to increase it.
Has anyone done this to their Tuscon?. I had asked the ASS but they dont do it and the local seat shops whom I visited advised that they could put a spacer between the mounting bolts but its a risk in case the threads get damaged or the existing bolt length might be insufficient.
Its very irritating to be seated so low and I just dont know why Hyundai did not give a basic hand pump type activated seat height adjust.
Please do share if you have any ideas.
regards,
Seacat
See https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4291514 (Hyundai Tucson : Official Review) and the related discussion including pointers to some riser vendors, on this very thread.

I don't think there is a good solution. Seat-risers will likely void warranty (though I myself haven't verified this thought), but more importantly, they could be dangerous. Your local seat shops are quite correct.

Hence I decided to just live with it.

The best one can do to alleviate the problem a wee bit, is to install seat covers or seat mats, etc. I haven't done even that.
vharihar is online now  
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:06   #267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Thanks Vharihar, Yes I did see the link you have provided but honestly I don't want to fool around with spacers. Too scared they fail. As you said a seat cover hopefully will do the trick. Would love to see HMIL be a little proactive and provide these small details in their cars. When you pay large bucks for a car the least one can expect is some basic standard items. There are so many small but essential items that are missing on this car.
Thanks again !!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2018 at 09:38. Reason: HIML > HMIL.
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:08   #268
BHPian
 
sreejinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 449
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
There are so many small but essential items that are missing on this car.
Thanks again !!
Can you please elaborate on the missing features. Will help me in my decision as well.
sreejinair is offline  
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:20   #269
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 750
Thanked: 2,520 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson-Alarms lit up-Help !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hello!
I intermittently get the Hill descent, ABS and ASR lights up on my dash, but I find no difference in the driving. I have tried to switch off the engine , wait a about a minute and re-start the car with no effect. Then after maybe a minute of driving the alarms disappear. !!
This is not a steady alarm so I really don't know whether to be concerned or not.
Can anyone help !!
The car is due for her 2nd service any day now (19,490 kms) and I want to be adequately prepared in case the ASS takes me for a ride.
A fast response will be greatly appreciated.


Regards,
Seacat
If the issue hasn't been resolved yet, it is most likely to be a faulty wheel speed sensor or ABS sensor which has gone wrong. All the systems which are throwing up the alarms directly or indirectly rely on the data provided by these sensors and will thus be inoperable or won't work correctly.

After driving a few hundred meters, the car recognizes the faulty sensor and ignores the erroneous data from it. Be warned that ABS on that wheel might not work.

It's a common occurrence on VAG cars. Hyundai should replace it under warranty.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:25   #270
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Tucson-Alarms lit up-Help !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
If the issue hasn't been resolved yet, it is most likely to be a faulty wheel speed sensor or ABS sensor which has gone wrong. All the systems which are throwing up the alarms directly or indirectly rely on the data provided by these sensors and will thus be inoperable or won't work correctly.

After driving a few hundred meters, the car recognizes the faulty sensor and ignores the erroneous data from it. Be warned that ABS on that wheel might not work.

It's a common occurrence on VAG cars. Hyundai should replace it under warranty.
Thanks Vishy76, Looks like the most likely cause !! I seem to be plagued with this. Even my last car (Skoda) had ABS sensor issues !!
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks