Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2019, 18:51   #361
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
There is one price range where the consumers have very few options. Tons of options below the range. And decent options above the range. But hardly anything in the range.
1. Cars: 20 to 30 lakhs
2. Smartphones: 20 to 30k
3. Homes: 2 to 3 crore
Hahahaa....Nice observation.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:33   #362
Senior - BHPian

Launch delayed again. https://gaadiwaadi.com/hyundai-to-la...year-in-india/

With the Harrier being released under R&D stage, CRV overpriced and Hector, unproven, Hyundai had a real chance here I felt.
Old 24th May 2019, 12:59   #363
BHPian

I don’t know what’s the point of launching so late when a redesigned one is expected to be unveiled next year. The facelift has already been on sale since last year, Hyundai should have brought it few months ago, can’t believe they are delaying it further.

Harrier 7 seater
Jeep Compass Trailhawk 9 speed auto diesel
MG Hector and may be 7 seater end of year?
Kia SP2i
VW Tiguan facelift?

These are the possible cars that are going to be launched this year, should have taken advantage of the gap there is in the market for the 20-30L segment.
Old 24th May 2019, 13:16   #364
BHPian

Any discounts on Tucson now? Checked with Bangalore dealer, they are not willing to budge below 1L for Diesel Automatic. I am seriously considering between Tucson and compass trail hawk. While I am waiting for trail hawk launch, I feel Tucson 2WD diesel topend at around 28 might be a good buy as Trailhawk might touch around 32 on road here.
Old 26th May 2019, 20:31   #365
BHPian

I've been offered a 1.25 lakh discount. I've been looking for a replacement for my Octavia which I sold a few months back after driving around 90k KM. Haven't managed finding the right contender yet. The Civic turned out to be a dud in terms of the engine and the Compass doesn't appeal to me. I have a Fortuner too, so not looking for an offroader. Kept waiting for the facelift of the Tucson, but I think with the discount on offer, it makes an appealing contender.

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2019 at 09:28. Reason: Poorly typed posts. Please type your posts out properly
rugsrags is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2019, 18:31   #366
BHPian

I've decided to take the plunge and booked a Gl(O) diesel in white today. The facelift isn't being launched this year as per autocar so decided to go ahead since a car was overdue. Delivery time of around 15 days has been given.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 23:56   #367
BHPian

I can imagine that this has been frustrating for you to wait, I’m in the same boat. On the bright side, more choices are coming up like Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Hyundai Kona etc.

Anyway, all the best on the new car.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 14:05   #368
BHPian

So as mentioned in my earlier post i'd decided to take the plunge and booked the Tucson. Today i received a call from the dealer and was informed that the production of Tucson is not scheduled at the plant till the end of next month! They are refunding my booking amount and have sent the cheque for the same back to me already. Does this mean there is a possibility of the facelift coming in finally? I don't know but regardless i'm now moving on to another vehicle since this has highlighted another issue of spare part availability in the long run for what is a comparatively slow moving vehicle. Now i'm in a dilemma since i'd finally made up my mind after a lot of deliberation and i'm back to square one. For information i'd got a 1.15 lac discount on the car with the option of getting my own insurance which was saving me approx another 50k. So a total of 1.65 off the sticker price.
Old 21st June 2019, 14:09   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
So as mentioned in my earlier post i'd decided to take the plunge and booked the Tucson. Today i received a call from the dealer and was informed that the production of Tucson is not scheduled at the plant till the end of next month! They are refunding my booking amount and have sent the cheque for the same back to me already. Does this mean there is a possibility of the facelift coming in finally? I don't know but regardless i'm now moving on to another vehicle since this has highlighted another issue of spare part availability in the long run for what is a comparatively slow moving vehicle. Now i'm in a dilemma since i'd finally made up my mind after a lot of deliberation and i'm back to square one. For information i'd got a 1.15 lac discount on the car with the option of getting my own insurance which was saving me approx another 50k. So a total of 1.65 off the sticker price.
So what do you have in mind now? What is your requirement? Are you planning for the Hector? I havent seen the Kia seltos, but it looks promising to me.
Old 21st June 2019, 14:28   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
So what do you have in mind now? What is your requirement? Are you planning for the Hector? I havent seen the Kia seltos, but it looks promising to me.
I come from driving a Skoda Octavia. My requirement was for a sedan since I have a Fortuner and a X1 in the family but no option seemed exciting in terms of the engine. I had shortlisted the Civic and also seen the CRV. The Camry had a very long waiting period and also was very steeply priced and I haven't seen any on the road in my hometown. I'll probably look at the C class now though i was not very keen on any Germans. My requirement is for a reliable, pocket friendly highway cruiser with low maintenance cost. I checked out the Hector though didn't drive it but it seemed too narrow and the body feels too big for the wheels. Also there was no new car smell in it maybe because of the MG perfume they had in the car

Skoda dealer shut their operations recently and though a new one has opened in my neighbouring city I don't know how the service experience will be and the volkswagen dealer in my city showed no interest in selling the Passat so I don't expect any good experience with service either. Hence the dilemma any advice will be welcome.
Old 21st June 2019, 15:05   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Hence the dilemma any advice will be welcome.
If you are not in a dire need, will suggest to wait for the new Tucson to be out. Do check if other dealers too say the same.

Its a nice SUV (Tuscon), in the past one year, has gone to hills multiple times, has been to Varanasi, Lucknow, Delhi and Kolkata and its nice to pilot it on the fast GQ type roads. My friend has it and I was with him in a lot of long drives.

CR-V? Diesel isn't exciting though or the Compass?
Old 21st June 2019, 15:22   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If you are not in a dire need, will suggest to wait for the new Tucson to be out. Do check if other dealers too say the same.

Its a nice SUV (Tuscon), in the past one year, has gone to hills multiple times, has been to Varanasi, Lucknow, Delhi and Kolkata and its nice to pilot it on the fast GQ type roads. My friend has it and I was with him in a lot of long drives.

CR-V? Diesel isn't exciting though or the Compass?
There is no news of the new Tucson. All the dealers in my city had said that since new features were added to the Tucson (The Panaromic sunroof and the wireless charging) very recently Hyundai would not be making any more changes especially with the BS6 deadline round the corner and also the launch of Venue and the new Elantra in the pipeline. I'd been waiting for the update too but with no news i don't wish to wait any longer as i'm running on a borrowed family car (My mom's Honda city) and she's now asking for her car back as she finds my wife's car (Grand i10)too small for her.

Ive been watching online reviews of the CRV and apparently both the engine options are really bad. The petrol because of the CVT and the diesel (which i've driven) is completely underpowered. Compass doesn't excite me since its the only product in the market and an entire company riding on one model looks like a major risk especially in the current market scenario.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:44   #373
BHPian

My 7 month old Tucson had to undergo a tyre replacement recently.

A 4 inch long glass piece pierced the sidewall resulting in a wide crack. Impact must have been fairly severe for glass piece completely disappeared into the tyre and we found out the cause/culprit for the crack only after taking the tyre off the wheel and there it was !

As expected/feared Nexen (tyre manufacturer) refused to cover this under warranty since it was not a manufacturing defect.

But then, our friendly service advisor (Mr. Pradeep @ Advaith Hyundai, BGR/BLR) pitched in and took it up with Hyundai considering it is their premium product. And the fact that, we upgraded from Creta to Tucson with the same dealer, also helped ! To our delight, Hyundai readily agreed to bear 90% of the cost as a goodwill gesture. So, what could have been a 15k affair (12k+28% GST) came down to a mere 1.5k for us.

Three cheers for the SA/Dealer/Hyundai !!
pachchu77 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 14:56   #374
BHPian

Any update / news on the new Tucson? Guess the new one will come directly with BS6 engine now.
Old 26th July 2019, 15:17   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Any update / news on the new Tucson? Guess the new one will come directly with BS6 engine now.
Yes and I think it will be a little bit more costly than the current one, the top end manual diesel hector is 20L otr and the top end automatic diesel tucson is 33L, the new tucson if launched might be a whopping 15 lacs costlier than the current outgoing top end diesel hector. Hopefully we should see the new BS6 tucson by end of 2020 or early 2021

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks