Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 17:36   #541

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

I bought the Tucson in November 2019. After a few thousand kilo meters (around 5k) I started noticing that the front tyre had started to chip off. At this point it was running on the original Nexen tyres. The chipping was more on the front right tyre and little less on the front left tyre. There was not damage on the rear tyres.

After about 9k KM the wheel balancing and rotation was done. The front Left tyre went to the stepney and stepney came in the front right. The front right came to the front left.

The wear and chip on the (now) front left tyre worsen (picture attached). During my second service in Nov 2020 I raised the concern with Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. They accepted the problem and in about a week or so they came back and offered 50% discount on the replaced tyres. I was not very happy with paying 50% for the same tyre since I had lost faith in the brand. I insisted on better discount or I thought I will replace them with Michelin.

After a few months of negotiation finally I was able to get the tyres replaced with Brigstone Turanza 001. Hyundai was generous enough to extend 80% discount on the replacement tyres. This time they replaced only the tyres that had chipped off surface, front two. After the tyre replacement I feel the different in braking and the car rides smother. The chipping on the tyre surface had worsen the cars braking ability. Noise levels are not that low on the new tyres as well but the existing two NPriz on the rear could be adding to it. I can be sure only after I have moved to all turanza's.

I am not sure if Nexen is really that bad or is it more because of the Indian conditions. As far as I have seen the Nexen is OEM tyre in Tucson and Elantra in USA as well. On top of that the Nexen Npriz claim to be an all weather tyre with M+S (Mud and Snow) rating. I am quite surprised they I do not find them so good on my car, not sure if this is because of Indian driving conditions or the tyre themselves are bad. I found the Nexen Npriz fairly noisy as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-tyre_1.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-tyre_2.jpg  

aa-Crecy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 18:54   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa-Crecy View Post
I am not sure if Nexen is really that bad or is it more because of the Indian conditions. I am quite surprised they I do not find them so good on my car, not sure if this is because of Indian driving conditions or the tyre themselves are bad. I found the Nexen Npriz fairly noisy as well.
Nexen tyres on the Tucson are known for this, kindly check this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...xen-tyres.html (Hyundai Tucson | Terrible experience with the OEM Nexen Tyres) thread.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th June 2021 at 18:56.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 12:56   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post
In an ideal world, I would not recommend taking delivery without a thorough PDI but what the year has taught us is that we cannot be immovable about such notions.*
After a long wait my car got delivered on 3rd June. Due to lockdowns I tried to avoid travelling 35 km and requested the dealer to get it home delivered. However dealer asked for an undertaking to be signed during the transit and a fixed home delivery charge to be paid. I did not want to sign an open ended risk letter and instead took the delivery myself and drove back home. Noticed low air pressure in one of the tires and rear window glass loose which they said they will fix during service however I was not amused with the poor Quality checks. The tire was inflated and given to me however after coming home overnight the pressure became 15 and had to visit a puncture shop. Essentially I was delivered a punctured tire. I pushed the repaired tire in boot and fixed the spare tire on car. However after that there has been continuous low pressure notifications, dealer connected to service center and they mentioned it will disappear after 25 km of ride as it needs self recalibration after changing tires. Been over 50 km but still the notification is there though. Expecting a call from service center today.

Tried to play around with bluelink, however noticed that the "Vehicle Diagnostic" is missing, have spoken to the dealer, which he promised to get fixed.

Leaving apart the above, I am just loving the car and the drive. Even it is petrol, I am not feeling underpowered. It was a conscious decision to buy petrol, well aware of the fact that diesel is punchier and torquier. The space, seat quality and every bit of fit and finish feels premium. I am only missing 365 degree camera. Which I find offered in Tucson of other markets. Adaptive cruise is also missing which is again offered in other markets.

Look forward enjoying and sharing my experiences in future. Attaching a few pictures, we are calling it Neelu...ha ha as it is Starry Night...dark blue color.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-1-copy_li.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img6468.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img6474.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img6518.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img6520.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img6521.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-tucson5.jpg  

Dharmen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 14:48   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmen View Post
After a long wait my car got delivered on 3rd June. Due to lockdowns I tried to avoid travelling 35 km and requested the dealer to get it home delivered.

Look forward enjoying and sharing my experiences in future. Attaching a few pictures, we are calling it Neelu...ha ha as it is Starry Night...dark blue color.
Congratulations on your new ride!

Sorry to hear about the shortcomings. I am sure Hyundai and the dealer will provide the support to iron those out.

In my case, I had to pay the fuel charges at actual since it was a 500 kms + drive, which I thought was reasonable. Even though they did not demand charges for the driver, i made sure he was compensated for the effort - especially having to travel back in public transport during the pandemic. I got overinflated tires though - TPMS said 50-55 psi, the funny thing is I realized this only after driving another 2700 kms (that's on me).

Love the color and I would have picked this over the black, but unfortunately in Feb they had none in production in the kit that I was looking for.

Wishing you thousands of happy miles!
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 17:41   #545
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Tucson in that colour is a looker.
No offence, but I feel that is too many Team BHP stickers, which spoil the otherwise elegant look. Wish you many miles of safe and happy driving
sunikkat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 20:27   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
No offence, but I feel that is too many Team BHP stickers, which spoil the otherwise elegant look. Wish you many miles of safe and happy driving
Thanks, I knew someone will notice the stickers and expected the comments😊. I was very conscious of keeping it elegant while sticking them. Kept only one cluster from any particular angle/view and merge with profile and body color. Thanks for the observations.
Old 15th June 2021, 22:07   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Reviewed and removed the yellow coloured side sticker that was looking out of the place. Thanks for your observations 😊 front on I am keeping for the moment and will decide after using it for some time.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-06d0c7fce90842869aad83b0d5accd2a.jpeg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-adedc33863a24e6386ab6a833fa36985.jpeg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-a3a6c3a35a3740ab91e336b52044355a.jpeg  

Dharmen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:03   #548

Nice buy @Dharmen ! Love to hear your review of the petrol engine.

Are there any existing reviews for the Petrol trim here on TeamBHP ? The diesel popularity extends itself to the reviews as well Haven't found much on the petrol though.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd October 2021 at 07:21. Reason: Please capitalize your starting sentence. Thanks.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 23:41   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenglurianBHP View Post
nice buy @Dharmen ! Love to hear your review of the petrol engine.

Are there any existing reviews for the Petrol trim here on TeamBHP ? The diesel popularity extends itself to the reviews as well Haven't found much on the petrol though.
Hi, It is only about 700 km on the Odometer. Please allow me some more time to do that.

I have owned both Petrol and Diesel cars. My rationale to purchase a petrol car in BS6 was hassle free long term ownership as I intend to own this for at least 10 years. I read some horror stories of the complexity and reliability issues of Urea additions as well, hence decided to compromise on Diesel engine’s torque. My usage is not great as I have other cars as well, so was not much concerned about the fuel budget. Based on my current run MID shows 9.5 KMPL.

Overall I am happy with the power and torque for my driving style. Shall follow up with a detailed review after some time and experience. I love this car for its simple design and interiors. It’s elegant and not glamorous. Thanks.
Dharmen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 21:39   #550
BHPian

Nearly 4 years since I got my Tucson diesel. With a recent remap from Wolfmoto, in love with the car all over again!

Itching to make more changes. Good folks of the forum, can I retrofit a steering wheel from the Creta DCT, the one with paddle shifters onto my Tucson ? Or is there any other way I can get paddle shifters onto my steering wheel. I've never used paddle shifters before, but just fascinated by them. Ever since the remap though, have been trying riding in manual for kicks.
sandeep.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 14:08   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.k View Post
Nearly 4 years since I got my Tucson diesel. With a recent remap from Wolfmoto, in love with the car all over again!

Itching to make more changes. Good folks of the forum, can I retrofit a steering wheel from the Creta DCT, the one with paddle shifters onto my Tucson ? Or is there any other way I can get paddle shifters onto my steering wheel. I've never used paddle shifters before, but just fascinated by them. Ever since the remap though, have been trying riding in manual for kicks.
Thanks for your post, i know you are seeking something else, quick question i have a 2020 BS4 4wd Tucson, was this a custom map from Wolfmoto or do they have pre-existing tested tunes ? Could you please share driving impressions in Normal mode and Sports - What has changed. What is claimed as performance gains with the remap. thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 19:52   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
was this a custom map from Wolfmoto or do they have pre-existing tested tunes ? Could you please share driving impressions in Normal mode and Sports - What has changed. What is claimed as performance gains with the remap
Hi,

So wolfmoto maps are all in house. From what Jayanth at Engineering Exponent told me, the stock map of my car had different parameters from the other Tucsons they mapped before ( I presume has to do with different variants/model years ). So Jayanth, I and other friends had Hyderabadi biryani and entertaining small talk for a couple of hours while Rajiv at Wolfmoto coded my custom map.

I love the car even more now. Feels faster across all the three modes. Reduced turbo lag. Was checking mileage using the MID and I don’t think it has been affected in the city driving I’ve done so far, that inspite of spirited driving to test the map. Can’t imagine going back ever to stock. As far as stage 2 is concerned, the current map is entertaining enough so have banished that thought, for now.

Haven’t dynoed the car before or after so I don’t know the numbers but the car is a different beast now, for sure.

Last edited by sandeep.k : 17th October 2021 at 19:54. Reason: Adding answer
sandeep.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:58   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenglurianBHP View Post
nice buy @Dharmen ! Love to hear your review of the petrol engine.

Hi friend, with over 5500 on Odometer and a recent roundtrip of Mumbai-Indore-Guna-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-Vadodara-Mumbai, I am falling in love with this car. I was little sceptical when I started the long journey as I have lower back pain and I was the only driver on-board. The seats and the suspension are extremely good and never felt my backpain. I was pleasantly surprised.

Travelling through different terrain and the traffic conditions I found the car way ahead of my expectations and found it is X3 or Q3 without the Logo on comfort, drivability and on almost all parameters except on power and torque. Experts can comment though, if they find this an overstatement.

I kept hearing on this being under powered or with less torque, however my driving style found it adequate. The car was fully loaded with 5 passengers and boot up to the brim. For fuel conscious people, overall it returned 12 kmpl of petrol. In city in Mumbai it gives me 8-10 kmpl. I thank the Team-bhp team to help me zero down on this beautiful as well as highly capable exclusive machine. Now I find its worth 30L+. Thanks.
Dharmen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 16:41   #554

Almost a bharat darshan @dharmen ! Way to go ...

I am waiting for mine next week.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:56   #555
BHPian

Hi Team - Anyone experienced mild noise, especially at low speed, this prevalent in Eco and normal modes and not in sports mode, almost the same feeling when you shift to a higher gear at lower speeds when driving a manual, anyone experienced the same ? Mine is a 4wd 2020 BS4 model, it does not come all the time but is annoying when it does, my car is due for the 2nd year service so wanted to check if this specific to mine or others have expereinced the same.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks