Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 10:57   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I would be picking up a Tucson AT in a week. I couldn't find any other well built international spec diesel AT crossover with all the safety kit and decent reliability under 30 lakhs. I was eagerly waiting for the Jeep Compass, but I had to decide against it because it's AT gearboxes aren't really trouble free internationally. Absence of 6 airbags in 4x2 variants and poor pricing of Compass AT variant didn't help too. I am planning to keep the car for 10+ years and Tucson matched my requirements pretty well.

It is very unfortunate that we are not getting reliable 5 star safety rated AT cross overs out here that are comparable to Tucson.
Good choice mate... if you had the time, you could have waited to see the Compass Diesel auto but that's easily 4-6 months away. I test drove the Tucson ATs and the petrol was very average (especially for that price point). Diesel is a much better vehicle.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:02   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
He got 95k in form of corporate discount and dealer discount. Beyond this there was exchange bonus of 70k, though they undervalued his exchange car significantly, so net benefit was lower.
Did he take the insurance outside? Thanks.
Old 7th September 2017, 15:27   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Did he take the insurance outside? Thanks.
Yes it was through a personal contact.
Old 9th September 2017, 15:29   #94
BHPian

Have booked one of the last 2 available at plant. got a decent deal - 66k corp discount + 44k dealer discount + 70k exchange bonus [+3.5L for my sparsely run (24k km) Polo Comfortline 1.5TDi]. On-road price came down to 26L (excluding car exchange but including bonus). Getting insurance from dealer so that's where could have saved a bit more. Also, while exchange car value is low, but with exchange bonus, seemed ok.
Old 11th September 2017, 13:50   #95
BHPian

Re: Heated OVRM for the Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
There is no switch. It's always on and noticeable when it rains. Fog doesn't sit on glass. Please read the car manual before scratching your head. It's all in there will the details.
Hi mjumrani, in continuation of this topic, I checked with the ASS regards this and found out that the Diesel AT model does not come with OVRM heating. Even the Owners manual mention's it as on "selected models only".
Nevertheless thanks for the info.
Old 11th September 2017, 14:45   #96
BHPian

Re: Heated OVRM for the Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi mjumrani, in continuation of this topic, I checked with the ASS regards this and found out that the Diesel AT model does not come with OVRM heating. Even the Owners manual mention's it as on "selected models only".
Nevertheless thanks for the info.
It does come with it. I am 110% sure about same, there are heating coils behind the glass.

Last edited by mjumrani : 11th September 2017 at 14:46. Reason: Added more information.
Old 11th September 2017, 20:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

With the prices going up on the Tucson and with Compass off to a flying start, I expect Hyundai to react.

I just think that the AWD will be launched around the festivities.

Hoping for the AWD with black interiors and ventilated seats.

Wishful thinking or will Hyundai react?
Old 11th September 2017, 20:58   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
With the prices going up on the Tucson and with Compass off to a flying start, I expect Hyundai to react.
Even the pricier Tiguan is off to a better start than Tucson. Tucson is a tough positioning between these two!

Not sure if Hyundai will really respond though. They have their hands full with the Verna being a fresh launch, and the Creta facelift might be the next big launch planned.

Hope they give more importance to safety features if they update the Tucson. Currently - it is only the top spec GLS AT variant that ticks options in the safety department.

Edit -

Guess I couldnt be more wrong. Cartoq reports more than a lakh discounts on the Tucson due to the Compass effect.

http://www.cartoq.com/jeep-compass-e...lakh-discount/

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th September 2017 at 21:05.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 21:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Cartoq reports more than a lakh discounts on the Tucson due to the Compass effect.

http://www.cartoq.com/jeep-compass-e...lakh-discount/
1 lakh discount for MY 2016 has been there in place for ages, but there is hardly any 2016 stock - at least from my recent purchase experience

Last edited by ece2k2 : 11th September 2017 at 21:34.
Old 12th September 2017, 20:21   #100
BHPian

Picked up a Silver GLS end of last month. So far the feeling is excellent and maybe just about a lac or 2 above the VFM bracket. This is a fantastic car with great comfort and reasonably premium feel.

There is a 1.2 lac increase in OTR in Hyderabad, which I still think is decent for the comfort and features it provides.

As mentioned before there is no cheaper Automatic 5 seat Crossover which provides the safety and comfort that Tucson provides.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 22:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Picked up a Silver GLS end of last month. So far the feeling is excellent and maybe just about a lac or 2 above the VFM bracket. This is a fantastic car with great comfort and reasonably premium feel.

There is a 1.2 lac increase in OTR in Hyderabad, which I still think is decent for the comfort and features it provides.

As mentioned before there is no cheaper Automatic 5 seat Crossover which provides the safety and comfort that Tucson provides.
I definitely agree. While the Tucson doesn't entertain me as my other 2 cars (X3 and Linea TJet) when driven enthusiastically, it is a very comfortable all rounder on city roads as well as highways at almost all usable speeds. It is amazingly refined, brisk to upshift/downshift gears when needed, masks speed as good as my X3 atleast until 120 kmph and steering isn't too bad compared to VW/Skoda. In fact when driven at sane speeds on the majority of our so called roads, I hardly find any difference between my Tucson and X3

Given its better reliability over the Germans, it offers a lot more peace of mind as well with no DSG or unreliable electronics under the hood to worry about. I must say that I am pretty satisfied with the car and the only gripe is the missing ventilated seats that Hyundai could have easily included in this price range.
ece2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 08:10   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I definitely agree. While the Tucson doesn't entertain me as my other 2 cars (X3 and Linea TJet) when driven enthusiastically, it is a very comfortable all rounder on city roads as well as highways at almost all usable speeds.
How is the seat comfort of the Tucson, especially the front ones as compared to the X3?

Last edited by petroguzzler : 30th September 2017 at 08:12.
Old 30th September 2017, 08:46   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
How is the seat comfort of the Tucson, especially the front ones as compared to the X3?
For me tucson's front seat comfort is almost as good as X3. It just falls short for a couple of reasons - X3 has sports seats that literally hugs you and the passenger seat is identical to driver's seat with a plethora of adjustments. Tucson's rear seat is way better than the one on X3 though.
ece2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 15:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:
While the Tucson doesn't entertain me as my other 2 cars (X3 and Linea TJet) when driven enthusiastically, it is a very comfortable all rounder on city roads as well as highways at almost all usable speeds.
I recently realised what driving pleasure truly means, and since then I've been finding driving the Tucson a bit lacklustre. However, it is the other things, specially the fuss free nature and comfort the car provides that pleasantly surprised me. The car has already done 14k kms, and I now enjoy just taking a ride in the car a lot. I've been meaning to update my thread but honestly, there isn't much that's there to add, which would be meaningful.

The car still draws attention, specially in the early evening times with the white lights on. There aren't many of these around, and I haven't seen another in black yet. It appears far more premium from a distance than it is, and it really feels tight while taking a ride. It's the little things, really.

Quote:
and the only gripe is the missing ventilated seats that Hyundai could have easily included in this price range.
Oh, man. The goddamn Verna gets 'em. Verna. VERNA. Grrrrr..
ach1lles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 22:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
I recently realised what driving pleasure truly means, and since then I've been finding driving the Tucson a bit lacklustre. However, it is the other things, specially the fuss free nature and comfort the car provides that pleasantly surprised me. The car has already done 14k kms, and I now enjoy just taking a ride in the car a lot. I've been meaning to update my thread but honestly, there isn't much that's there to add, which would be meaningful.

The car still draws attention, specially in the early evening times with the white lights on. There aren't many of these around, and I haven't seen another in black yet. It appears far more premium from a distance than it is, and it really feels tight while taking a ride. It's the little things, really.

Oh, man. The goddamn Verna gets 'em. Verna. VERNA. Grrrrr..
You are spot on with your observations. I couldn't think of a better alternative to Tucson when all I need is a well built safe Diesel AT SUV that I could use on any road without having to worry about the drive ability, over taking ability and reliability. I drove it on narrow and non existent Kerala roads for the past 2 days and I must tell that I am impressed. If I had taken my X3 for this trip, I would have had multiple heart attacks by now.
ece2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks