Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 16:14   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

I would be picking up a Tucson AT in a week. I couldn't find any other well built international spec diesel AT crossover with all the safety kit and decent reliability under 30 lakhs. I was eagerly waiting for the Jeep Compass, but I had to decide against it because it's AT gearboxes aren't really trouble free internationally. Absence of 6 airbags in 4x2 variants and poor pricing of Compass AT variant didn't help too. I am planning to keep the car for 10+ years and Tucson matched my requirements pretty well.

It is very unfortunate that we are not getting reliable 5 star safety rated AT cross overs out here that are comparable to Tucson.
ece2k2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 16:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I would be picking up a Tucson AT in a week.

Good choice. Though Jeep Compass is totally desirable when you see it from the exterior,it just doesn't have the finesse on the interiors. Though I haven't driven the Jeep as yet, have seen it a couple of times and once seated inside, it just doesn't seem special. Not that Tucson feels 3 million bucks but there is something about it that says 'all is well'.

Jeep definitely has got the 6 airbags variant all wrong and I have been saying that it should be optioned out from the Longitude version onwards.

Any discounts on offer?
Old 14th August 2017, 17:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Yes thats what i did. Got a Trend 3.2 Endeavour for 27 lac otr with ongoing discounts. Its so much like a car to drive having upgraded from Elantra. Its extremely refined and has that tough drive feel which really escalates the driving pleasure. Have done close to 5 k on this now and absolute gem on highway and city. Only negative being the fuel consumption which is close to 9. Hyundai seriously got its pricing wrong on this one.
You said the fuel efficiency is 9 kmpl. You're referring to the diesel one or petrol? On highway or in city?

I am considering the *petrol* Tucson base model. Any idea whats the *actual* fuel efficiency in city and in highway (as opposed to the ARAI figures in the brochure)?

Any *Bangalore* Tucson owners in this forum? You could help me by stating *actual* Blore city FE figures (given Blore's notorious traffic), I'd be much obliged.

Last edited by vharihar : 14th August 2017 at 17:52.
Old 14th August 2017, 18:09   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Good choice. Though Jeep Compass is totally desirable when you see it from the exterior,it just doesn't have the finesse on the interiors. Though I haven't driven the Jeep as yet, have seen it a couple of times and once seated inside, it just doesn't seem special. Not that Tucson feels 3 million bucks but there is something about it that says 'all is well'.

Jeep definitely has got the 6 airbags variant all wrong and I have been saying that it should be optioned out from the Longitude version onwards.

Any discounts on offer?

Thanks Arjun. The max I could manage was 60K cash discounts and 10K worth of (useless) accessories on 2017 manufactured Tucson GLS AT. I felt that the offer was on the lower side given the poor sales of Tucson, but the other dealers in my area didn't even match the aforementioned offer. I was told that Hyundai has set a sales target of just 1 Tucson a month for each dealership which explains the lack of push from the dealer side. In fact the dealers are acting as if they are doing me a favor by getting me the car before GST hike happens.

I was happy with Jeep compass and would have picked one if the OTR for the petrol AT was around 20 lakhs. Since it is priced at ~23 lakhs OTR with missing side/curtain airbags and if 1.5-2 lakhs GST hike comes into picture, I believe it would make Tucson look like a VFM proposition. Based on Compass petrol AT pricing, the diesel AT 4x2 if offered with 6 airbags and GST hike would be matching the current Tucson's prices

Last edited by ece2k2 : 14th August 2017 at 18:12.
Old 20th August 2017, 21:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I would be picking up a Tucson AT in a week. I
Please share your ownership experience and the pictures of the Tucson, will look forward to it. I am also in negotiations for GLS AT, hope to conclude this week, pointers from you will help.
Old 20th August 2017, 22:44   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Please share your ownership experience and the pictures of the Tucson, will look forward to it. I am also in negotiations for GLS AT, hope to conclude this week, pointers from you will help.
I will post some pics once I get the car delivered this week. All I could get was 60k discount, underbody coating, teflon coating and full floor mat. I took the insurance outside as it worked out to 56k as opposed to around 80k quoted at the showroom. While I believe that I can get a much better discount if I wait until the year end, I was concerned about the potential GST hike and had to close the deal quickly. Surprisingly other dealers in my area didn't show any interest even to match the offer I got. Please let me know the offer that you could manage.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 20th August 2017 at 22:45.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:58   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know the offer that you could manage.
It's a work in progress, I took a long test drive today in the Mumbai rains and roads (read pot holes) was very reassuring, a tad soft on the suspension setup, as compared to Skoda Laura.

I got a quote of 56K for the insurance, with NCB, it will go down further by 2-3 K. Did you opt for bumper to bumper with engine protector?
amitk2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 18:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
It's a work in progress, I took a long test drive today in the Mumbai rains and roads (read pot holes) was very reassuring, a tad soft on the suspension setup, as compared to Skoda Laura.

I got a quote of 56K for the insurance, with NCB, it will go down further by 2-3 K. Did you opt for bumper to bumper with engine protector?
Good to hear that the drive was good under harsh conditions.

I took the nil dep insurance, but I don't think there is engine protection included in the policy.
Old 26th August 2017, 15:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I will post some pics once I get the car delivered this week. All I could get was 60k discount, underbody coating, teflon coating and full floor mat. I took the insurance outside as it worked out to 56k as opposed to around 80k quoted at the showroom. While I believe that I can get a much better discount if I wait until the year end, I was concerned about the potential GST hike and had to close the deal quickly. Surprisingly other dealers in my area didn't show any interest even to match the offer I got. Please let me know the offer that you could manage.
Currently the 70k exchange bonus option is available. is it the same that you got or cash discount directly?
Old 27th August 2017, 08:35   #85
BHPian

While I am in negotiations for GLS AT, I took a short TD of the Tiguan, planned for a long drive on my regular road to work on Monday, will share updates from my end soon.
Old 29th August 2017, 17:54   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that the drive was good under harsh conditions.

I took the nil dep insurance, but I don't think there is engine protection included in the policy.
Congrats on ur new car. I had also ordered a Silver GLS on 23rd August and the dealer called me on the 28th and said that the car is ready to be picked up. On checking the VIN i find that the car is a May 2017 Manufactured vehicle. The Sales guy tells me that for premium cars delivery is usually a car manufactured 3 months ago.

I'm not able to buy the argument. Can u confirm when was ur car manufactured? Or can u share the 10th and the 19th Digit of ur VIN#.

Thanks
Bharathan

Last edited by bharathan : 29th August 2017 at 18:15.
Old 29th August 2017, 22:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Congrats on ur new car. I had also ordered a Silver GLS on 23rd August and the dealer called me on the 28th and said that the car is ready to be picked up. On checking the VIN i find that the car is a May 2017 Manufactured vehicle. The Sales guy tells me that for premium cars delivery is usually a car manufactured 3 months ago.

I'm not able to buy the argument. Can u confirm when was ur car manufactured? Or can u share the 10th and the 19th Digit of ur VIN#.

Thanks
Bharathan
Thank you. Mine is also a May 2017 manufactured one. I wanted a more recent piece, but was told that the latest available one was from the May batch.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 22:27   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Mine is also a May 2017 manufactured one. I wanted a more recent piece, but was told that the latest available one was from the May batch.
Thank you very much. The decision making process now begins.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:43   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Currently the 70k exchange bonus option is available. is it the same that you got or cash discount directly?
I didn't have a car for exchange and all I could manage was the 60K cash discount. Took the insurance outside that saved me around 25K.
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:16   #90
BHPian

Quote:
A friend is also purchasing the top end Tucson. His car just arrived at the dealership. It is also May manufactured.

Quote:
I didn't have a car for exchange and all I could manage was the 60K cash discount. Took the insurance outside that saved me around 25K.
He got 95k in form of corporate discount and dealer discount. Beyond this there was exchange bonus of 70k, though they undervalued his exchange car significantly, so net benefit was lower.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks