Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 17:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
With the prices going up on the Tucson and with Compass off to a flying start, I expect Hyundai to react.

I just think that the AWD will be launched around the festivities.

Hoping for the AWD with black interiors and ventilated seats.

Wishful thinking or will Hyundai react?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even the pricier Tiguan is off to a better start than Tucson. Tucson is a tough positioning between these two!

Not sure if Hyundai will really respond though. They have their hands full with the Verna being a fresh launch, and the Creta facelift might be the next big launch planned.[/url]

Quoting myself.

Birdie time.

Production of Tucson GLS AT 2WD stopped.

Hyundai will launch the GLS AT top spec in AWD.

Hope this is true. Fingers crossed.

Also there will be no feature additions or deletions. Ventilated seats and sunroof will not be added..

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 4th October 2017 at 17:03.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:14   #107
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Quoting myself.

Birdie time.

Hope this is true. Fingers crossed.

Also there will be no feature additions or deletions. Ventilated seats and sunroof will not be added..
I have driven my Tucson for close to 1000 km in all sort of roads during my recent trips to Kodaikanal and Alleppey. In spite of challenging ghat and severely potholed roads under rainy conditions, the car performed flawlessly. I am still wondering if AWD is something that we really need for the typical family runs that Tucson is going to be subjected to by most of its owners in India. I would happily opt for the ventilated seats or better high beam headlights instead of the AWD that we might not use at all. Am I missing something?
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I have driven my Tucson for close to 1000 km in all sort of roads during my recent trips to Kodaikanal and Alleppey. In spite of challenging ghat and severely potholed roads under rainy conditions, the car performed flawlessly. I am still wondering if AWD is something that we really need for the typical family runs that Tucson is going to be subjected to by most of its owners in India. I would happily opt for the ventilated seats or better high beam headlights instead of the AWD that we might not use at all. Am I missing something?

Sure, agree to your views here. I so badly wanted the ventilated seats, but looks like Hyundai is stinging here. Verna at half the price gets it.

Also looks like they isn't a choice here for consumers who are opting for the top spec GLS AT.

Are the high beams bad ?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 4th October 2017 at 19:24.
Old 4th October 2017, 19:31   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

This is good if they keep the price increase minimal. That means Hyundai would have having a direct rival to the Tiguan Comfortline, at a value pricing.
Old 4th October 2017, 20:37   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, agree to your views here. I so badly wanted the ventilated seats, but looks like Hyundai is stinging here. Verna at half the price gets it.

Also looks like they isn't a choice here for consumers who are opting for the top spec GLS AT.

Are the high beams bad ?
Yeah, i was also pretty keen on the awd when I was purchasing my first SUV (X3), but couldn't find any use for it until now. May be it is just a psychological factor for our usage.

High beam definitely isn't great imho. May be i am missing the xenons that offers a great illumination compared to tucson's halogen high beam setup.

The only other shortcoming in Tucson is slightly stiffer ride quality - compared to X3. I think the Nexen tires aren't as good as the michelins on X3.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:55   #111
BHPian

Hyundai launches the Tucson 4wd in top Gls spec priced at 25.19lacs ex showroom Delhi.
Source
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-t...9-lakh-1759488
Old 7th October 2017, 16:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Picked up a Silver GLS end of last month. So far the feeling is excellent and maybe just about a lac or 2 above the VFM bracket. This is a fantastic car with great comfort and reasonably premium feel.

There is a 1.2 lac increase in OTR in Hyderabad, which I still think is decent for the comfort and features it provides.

As mentioned before there is no cheaper Automatic 5 seat Crossover which provides the safety and comfort that Tucson provides.
Did you get the petrol automatic ? if yes then how is the fuel consumption as per you ?
Old 7th October 2017, 17:16   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Did you get the petrol automatic ? if yes then how is the fuel consumption as per you ?
No I got the diesel. Miealage is about 11, primarily on eco mode and 80% in the city

Last edited by bharathan : 7th October 2017 at 17:17. Reason: Addition
bharathan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:22   #114
BHPian

With the 4 WD and small increase in price compared to earlier FWD, Tuscon seems to be more exciting and VFM.
Has anyone got the 4 WD delivered already? I am due for new car in Feb 2018 - Topspec Tuscon and Endeavour are the 2 contenders right now.
Does any one know if the sun roof is going to be available in Tuscon soon?
Old 13th October 2017, 12:13   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
With the 4 WD and small increase in price compared to earlier FWD, Tuscon seems to be more exciting and VFM.
Has anyone got the 4 WD delivered already? I am due for new car in Feb 2018 - Topspec Tuscon and Endeavour are the 2 contenders right now.
Does any one know if the sun roof is going to be available in Tuscon soon?
I doubt they will add a sun roof anytime soon, they could have introduced it with the 4WD but they left it out. Perhaps if the Compass Trailhawk is launched with a sun roof it might force Hyundai to add one too.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 17:49   #116
BHPian

With the recent addition of AWD variant and drop in prices of other variants, have they removed cruise control in the base variant?

You can see that the Tucson base variant had cruise control:
Tucson brochure as of Jan 2017: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-img_1485.jpg

But the latest version of brochure shows that cruise control is missing in the base variant:
http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...7280616009.pdf

Very frustrating to see Hyundai drop a feature in a Rs 24 lakh model that is available even in Rs 12 lakh models nowadays!
Old 16th October 2017, 16:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Nice review. Rated superb.

Checked out the Tucson yesterday. They had only the base manual trim on display. The external look, feel and size is spot on.

The interiors felt very bland and just not what should have been in a 30 lakh SUV. Assuming that the interior would have a leather trim in the top end model it wouldn't have made much of a difference. The armrest is also not adjustable and very small.

The biggest deal breaker for me is the front passenger seat not being height adjustable. I was told by the sales guy that even the top speck doesn't have height adjustments on the front passenger seat. The seat by itself is set very low and me being a almost 6 feet tall couldn't see out of the front windscreen. Wonder how people at 5 or 5.6 feel on this seat. My wife is 5 feet nothing and she will be able to see only the dash.

Did anyone else feel this way or is it only me ?
I TD'ed the Tucson last week. Now that you mention it, I also felt that the visibility beyond the hood is not adequate. You have to raise the seat height to highest position to do justice to this. And this coming from a man who has a relatively long trunk and I find visibility easier on most cars compared to other people!

I thought the base version had a manually adjustable height lever. Is that not true?

Question: I am considering the diesel base version (2WD MT Diesel). Most reviews I've come across are for the auto tranny. Anyone here who owns a manual tranny diesel base Tucson? Whats been your experience? (noise inside as well as outside cabin, FE, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
With the recent addition of AWD variant and drop in prices of other variants, have they removed cruise control in the base variant?
Looks like the full list of features removed from the base version are:
- Cruise Control
- Roof Rails
- LED positioning lamps (not sure what this is; tried reading about it, didn't quite follow it, esp as regards difference wrt DRL),
- Net for luggage rack

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2017 at 17:08. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use the MULTI QUOTE feature (see the FAQs for more details). Thanks!
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 21:26   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I thought the base version had a manually adjustable height lever. Is that not true?

You do get a manual seat height adjuster for the driver's seat. I was mentioning the front passenger seat here. It is set very low and it does not get any height adjustment.
Old 16th October 2017, 22:59   #119
BHPian

Sad to see Tucson doing just double digit sales. Had Hyundai priced it a bit competitively it would have sold better number of units. It's a good VFM car but overpriced by a couple of lacs IMHO. At 25lacs on road this car could have been a real seller. Hope Hyundai makes price correction and sell it in better numbers. Santa Fe failed due to its increased price tag and they certainly wouldn't like the Tuscan meeting the same fate.
Old 17th October 2017, 10:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please note that this is wrong, because the rules were changed by ARAI. Earlier GC was calculated with unladen weight.

Currently it is calculated with laden weight. Which is why you see even the big SUVs like even the new Fortuner having a ground clearance of 184mm only. A direct comparison between the old figures and new ones can't be made.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...en-weight.html

Can someone tell me what exactly is the GC of the Tucson (and kindly specify unladen or laden when stating)? I've seen various sites claim 162 mm, 170 mm, 172 mm, 195 mm, etc. The brochure doesn't state it, the Hyundai brochures state the Santa Fe's GC, but not the Creta's or Tucson's).

Here are the various dimensions I've come across (and they don't say unladen or laden, hence the confusion perhaps):

170 mm per this thread so far.

162 mm per https://www.carwaar.in/hyundai-tucson-ground-clearance/ (shown drawn in figure)

172 mm per http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4095008 (which cites an overdrive source)

195 mm per https://www.cardekho.com/hyundai/hyu...ifications.htm and also http://www.indianauto.com/cars-in-in...ai-tucson.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks