Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2017, 18:06   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
You do get a manual seat height adjuster for the driver's seat. I was mentioning the front passenger seat here. It is set very low and it does not get any height adjustment.
You're absolutely right. I took my wife to check out the base diesel version Tucson and she outright mentioned that the seat height is too low. She could only see the dash despite being about 5'4"!

The accessory guy in the showroom said the seat height will get raised by nearly an inch once they put leather seats, but I think they're exaggerating.

I then googled on "hyundai tucson passenger seat height low" and sure enough, there are lotsa people who've had the same complaint. Eg.:

See:I showed the latter option to the salesman and asked if they'd install it if I purchased it. He refused, saying that they aren't authorized to make such modifications and that I'd better try other places to make the modification (seems a straightforward modification, but yet I'd prefer a professional doing it).

Has anyone successfully tried any resolution for this "seat height" issue?

Last edited by vharihar : 21st October 2017 at 18:13.
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:28   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
See:
Has anyone successfully tried any resolution for this "seat height" issue?
Hi,
Just a quick question..... Would installing these height adjusters make the insurance null and void in case of an accident ??? I ask because you know how good Insurance companies are with trying every trick to wiggle out of paying.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2017 at 15:25.
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 13:39   #123
BHPian

It can be fabricated locally, don't have to buy expensive stuff, adding few risers will not void warranty nor will be a issue with insurance.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 13:51   #124
Senior - BHPian

This is crazy, you pay almost 32 big ones OTR and we still trying to get the perfect seat height in an SUV. I thought SUVs should have always have had high seating. Wonder what the Hyundai engineers are smoking?
Old 22nd October 2017, 17:51   #125
BHPian

Quote:
This is crazy, you pay almost 32 big ones OTR and we still trying to get the perfect seat height in an SUV. I thought SUVs should have always have had high seating. Wonder what the Hyundai engineers are smoking?
I feel Hyundai should do a recall and install these "risers" on all Tucsons.
Old 22nd October 2017, 18:54   #126
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just a little off topic. I am considering booking the Tuscon in AT GL petrol option. Though I had considered the XUV500 and Hexa my running is very low and a diesel doesnt make any sense for my usage. Tuscon is definitely costing significantly more but feels like a more premium offering. So any suggestions to help me make my choice will be highly appreciated.
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
Hi guys,
Just a little off topic. I am considering booking the Tuscon in AT GL petrol option. Though I had considered the XUV500 and Hexa my running is very low and a diesel doesnt make any sense for my usage. Tuscon is definitely costing significantly more but feels like a more premium offering. So any suggestions to help me make my choice will be highly appreciated.
My running is also quite less, about 650 km per month. I too considered the petrol (albeit base variant), before booking the diesel (base) last week, am awaiting delivery. Reasons being:

- Hyundai seems better known for their diesels than petrols (as I surmise from various posts on various Hyundai forum's at team-bhp),

- Fuel Economy of petrol in city scared me (despite the initial saving in purchase cost), and

- Resale value of petrol SUV may not be good, I felt.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:07   #128
BHPian

Quote:
before booking the diesel (base) last week, am awaiting delivery.
Congratulations on finally booking a new vehicle - Tucson. I know you owned an SX4 and were evaluating various vehicles like Corolla, Elantra etc. You had even mentioned about retaining SX4 for some more time. Hope to see detailed review of Tucson ownership from you.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:16   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Congratulations on finally booking a new vehicle - Tucson. I know you owned an SX4 and were evaluating various vehicles like Corolla, Elantra etc. You had even mentioned about retaining SX4 for some more time. Hope to see detailed review of Tucson ownership from you.
Thanks! And wow, you have a very good observation/memory!

Last edited by vharihar : 22nd October 2017 at 19:19.
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:23   #130
BHPian

Quote:
My running is also quite less, about 650 km per month. I too considered the petrol (albeit base variant), before booking the diesel (base) last week, am awaiting delivery. Reasons being:

- Hyundai seems better known for their diesels than petrols (as I surmise from various posts on various Hyundai forum's at team-bhp),

- Fuel Economy of petrol in city scared me (despite the initial saving in purchase cost), and

- Resale value of petrol SUV may not be good, I felt.
Thats true regarding mileage. Elantra owners have been quoting a low avg. efficiency as well. But the diesel automatic is costing almost 3 lakhs more OTR which is too much IMO. My running may not be even 650kms and I am a very sedate driver and driving automatics for almost 10 years in Mumbai so I am confident I squeeze a couple of KMS more out the avg efficiency.
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:42   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My running is also quite less, about 650 km per month. I too considered the petrol (albeit base variant), before booking the diesel (base) last week, am awaiting delivery.

Congratulations on your booking. Where did you book? Any discounts?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:54   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your booking. Where did you book? Any discounts?
Thanks. I booked at Trident Hyundai. I got a 1L exchange bonus and 30K corporate discount.
Old 23rd October 2017, 00:35   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
Just a little off topic. I am considering booking the Tuscon in AT GL petrol option. Though I had considered the XUV500 and Hexa my running is very low and a diesel doesnt make any sense for my usage. Tuscon is definitely costing significantly more but feels like a more premium offering. So any suggestions to help me make my choice will be highly appreciated .

Hi. Just a humble suggestion. Kindly check out the Jeep Compass petrol AT as well. It will cost you lesser than Tucson and it's interiors are quite premium too. Also consider the resale price of a petrol SUV. It's depreciation is much more than a diesel variant. All the best for the new vehicle.
Old 23rd October 2017, 09:21   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi. Just a humble suggestion. Kindly check out the Jeep Compass petrol AT as well. It will cost you lesser than Tucson and it's interiors are quite premium too. Also consider the resale price of a petrol SUV. It's depreciation is much more than a diesel variant. All the best for the new vehicle.
I completely agree with you I had considered the Compass as well though I haven't checked out the car personally. I just felt the Compass was omitting too many features for the sake of a premium branding and the thin dealer network is not exactly confidence inspiring. Petrol ATs do have a lower resale value but I am planning to keep this car for at least 5 years and Tuscon is offering much more safety and feature kit which Jeep has conveniently left out. Though I feel an XUV or Hexa are also VFM products but dont have that premium factor.
Old 23rd October 2017, 09:58   #135
BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree with you I had considered the Compass as well though I haven't checked out the car personally. I just felt the Compass was omitting too many features for the sake of a premium branding and the thin dealer network is not exactly confidence inspiring. Petrol ATs do have a lower resale value but I am planning to keep this car for at least 5 years and Tuscon is offering much more safety and feature kit which Jeep has conveniently left out. Though I feel an XUV or Hexa are also VFM products but don't have that premium factor.
AFAIK, the GL trim (brochure pic attached) doesn't come with basic safety features like Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Brake Assist etc. This should be a big deal breaker for most of us who are more safety conscious than the general public. If I was buying a Tucson, I would only go with the GLS trim which has all the safety features one would expect when buying a car for more than 10 lacs.

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-x6eft4.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2017 at 17:57. Reason: Uploading image as attachment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks