Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:13   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
AFAIK, the GL trim (brochure pic attached) doesn't come with basic safety features like Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Brake Assist etc. This should be a big deal breaker for most of us who are more safety conscious than the general public. If I was buying a Tucson, I would only go with the GLS trim which has all the safety features one would expect when buying a car for more than 10 lacs.
Actually that is no longer the case. As per the latest update which happened this month all safety features are now standard on the GL trim which makes it a very good package. The second column is the GL variant :
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-brochure.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2017 at 17:56. Reason: removing image from quoted post
Jetblast101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:00   #137
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

The GL AT diesel makes a lot more sense now. It costs about 3.5 lakhs less than the GLS AT, OTR Bangalore.

Missing equipment.

LED headlights vs Halogen

LED tail lights.

Auto hold

Electronic Hand brake

AWD

Auto boot.

Colour supervision cluster VS black & white cluster

For someone who does not need an AWD, the other missing features are not a serious deal breakers.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 23rd October 2017 at 12:22.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 23:48   #138
BHPian

Just need a little clarification. Today I read on one of the automotive sites that the Tuscan doesn't have ESP and TC. Is that correct? For a vehicle to cost almost 30 big ones aren't those glaring omissions.
Old 25th October 2017, 07:07   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Just need a little clarification. Today I read on one of the automotive sites that the Tuscan doesn't have ESP and TC. Is that correct? For a vehicle to cost almost 30 big ones aren't those glaring omissions.

Hyundai calls them VSM and ESC. Different nomenclature but very much present.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 11:02   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Hyundai calls them VSM and ESC. Different nomenclature but very much present.

Thanks for the clarification Arjun.
Old 27th October 2017, 21:30   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
...Hope to see detailed review of Tucson ownership from you.
I took delivery yesterday. White base variant diesel Tucson. This is my first diesel vehicle. Am getting used to diesels, will take a little while.

As regards low seat, the driver seat is ok. But the passenger one seems low. Though this time my wife didn't complain as much, perhaps she is also getting used to it! Plan to take parents/kids for a ride this weekend, lets see how they feel.

It was delivered yesterday without license plates. The salesman said something like RTO web site slow and all. After a lot of chasing, I got a call late today that the license plates are ready, but I wasn't going to go in late traffic to the showroom to get them fixed, so will likely go tomorrow.

Will take my time getting used to the features (GPS, steering controls, reverse camera, etc none of which my former car had). Also its taking a bit getting used to the slow release of clutch that seems to be needed when on say 2nd gear in slow back-to-back traffic. I am unable to experience the famously claimed diesel benefit of "can go in fairly high gear even in slow traffic". I had 4-5 occasions where the vehicle stalled and turned off. Also the headlights operation is a bit odd: The stalk seems to have 4 positions. The 2nd and last (4th) positions seem identical in effect. What am I missing? I wonder! RTFM I guess!

Suspension, power, drive, etc is awesome.

I have a bit of a problem with the keyless-tailgate: Suppose I am walking towards my Tucson with some valuable (say office laptop bag) to take off on a drive. I unlock the car, open the tailgate, keep the bag in the trunk, and then I shut the tailgate. Then as I walk towards the driver seat to drive off, what if someone opens the tailgate in those 2 seconds (remember, its unlocked and doesn't need a key to operate) and runs off with the laptop bag!?! Is there some capability that exists that I am unaware of (in base variant) that'll help avoid this possibility?

Lastly, what is the 3rd button in the remote? It has a tailgate picture on it. But nothing happens when I press it, other than lights blinking for 2 seconds. Again RTFM I guess.

Last edited by vharihar : 27th October 2017 at 21:35.
vharihar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 21:53   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Then as I walk towards the driver seat to drive off, what if someone opens the tailgate in those 2 seconds (remember, its unlocked and doesn't need a key to operate) and runs off with the laptop bag!?! Is there some capability that exists that I am unaware of (in base variant) that'll help avoid this possibility?
In my Octavia, if I have the key-fob in my pocket, I don't need to unlock all doors. I just need to touch the boot sensor to open only the boot; I place the laptop inside and close the boot which automatically locks. Then I open the driver's door with the same touch sensor method and get in immediately locking the door again.

Similarly, in my Cruze there is a dedicated boot button Which opens only the boot.

Maybe the same concepts are there in the Tucson?

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th October 2017 at 21:56. Reason: Clarity
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 21:55   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I took the delivery yesterday
Congratulations! It is a looker IMO...Have fun with her!
Which trim did you go for, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
what is the 3rd button in the remote? It has a tailgate picture on it. But nothing happens when I press it, other than lights blinking for 2 seconds. Again RTFM I guess.
In my Verna I need to keep the boot button pressed for 2-3s before the boot pops open - perhaps you'd want to try the same before you RTFM

Last edited by actinium15 : 27th October 2017 at 21:57.
actinium15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:11   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Congratulations! It is a looker IMO...Have fun with her!
Which trim did you go for, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks! Its the base diesel variant: 2WD MT Diesel. Yes, I also like the looks of the Tucson very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
In my Verna I need to keep the boot button pressed for 2-3s before the boot pops open - perhaps you'd want to try the same before you RTFM
Lol. Ok, will try that tomorrow.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:33   #145
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery yesterday. White base variant diesel Tucson. This is my first diesel vehicle. Am getting used to diesels, will take a little while.
Congrats on the new ride mate!

Can you post some pics of your ride, especially the interiors? I think that yours is the Tucson MT on the forum and I would really like to see how the interiors look like. There is no image of the base variant anywhere on the net as well.

I used to drive the Ford Fiesta(1.4 petrol) before my current ride(Figo 1.5 TDCI). While the Figo has great drivability, the Fiesta was even better. Infact I could go down to as low as 10km/h and the car still used to pick up without stalling. I think that the low speed drivability depends on the car you own and the gearing and not necessarily the fuel option. One example being of the Jetta diesel which keeps you on its toes at low speeds(it is easy to stall) even though it awards you with a nice punch afterwards.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:46   #146
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery yesterday. White base variant diesel Tucson.
Congratulations

Quote:
It was delivered yesterday without license plates. The salesman said something like RTO web site slow and all.
Advaith Hyundai? They did the same to me for my Verna

Quote:
Also its taking a bit getting used to the slow release of clutch that seems to be needed when on say 2nd gear in slow back-to-back traffic. I am unable to experience the famously claimed diesel benefit of "can go in fairly high gear even in slow traffic". I had 4-5 occasions where the vehicle stalled and turned off. Also the headlights operation is a bit odd: The stalk seems to have 4 positions. The 2nd and last (4th) positions seem identical in effect. What am I missing? I wonder! RTFM I guess!
I think you need to start slow. For the first few trips in the city, just use 1st and 2nd gear and get used to the diesel engine. You won't be able to get it right the first time
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 20:46   #147
BHPian

Thanks guys. Awesome car, go for it. Bought it from Trident Hyundai (someone asked).

I took some pics but dunno how to post it. Team-bhp's image posting method seems to expect the pics to be hosted somewhere apriori.

I found the way to post pics. Here they are. Haven't had the time to remove some of the plastic covers yet, nor to clean the leftover vibhuti, etc marks from the pooja. Hope to get round to it this weekend.

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-rearseatsviewfromdrivrseat.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-dash.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-centerconsole.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-centerconsolecloseup.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-scuffplates.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-front.jpg

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-rear.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th October 2017 at 16:28. Reason: Back to back posts
vharihar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 01:00   #148
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The base variant looks quite good IMO. My main concern was the look of the centre console due to the lack of ACC, but Hyundai has given the manual AC controls a good visual and layout.
Old 29th October 2017, 01:27   #149
BHPian

Quote:
I found the way to post pics. Here they are.

Congratulations. Tucson looks stunning in white. Do keep us posted about your drive experiences. Wishing you many happy miles ahead. 😊
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 14:57   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Great looks!

But get all that superfluous vibhuti plus coconut water stains (if any) immediately removed. I was mega pissed with my priest when he showered by 2012 Polo with coconut water :-(

Most Viewed