Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2018, 10:50   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Can you please elaborate on the missing features. Will help me in my decision as well.

Hi, sreejinair
Foll are the missing items which I feel they should have provided. (maybe i am nitpicking too !!). For guidance mine is the top of line Diesel AT.
1. Rain sensing wipers
2. Heated OVRM
3. Passenger seat height adjust- even a mechanical one would be welcome
4. Auto dimming OVRM
5. Height and slide adjustable center arm rest (This is the best feature of any Skoda car- really comfortable whilst driving)
6. Tyre Pressure monitor
7. Adaptive front lighting
8. Headlamp washer
9. Door Panel Integrated rear side window blinds (black netting type)
10. One touch window function for all 4 windows. Presently only avail for the drivers window.
11. Toll ticket clip- This was a very useful feature on the Skoda - you could clip your toll tickets on the windscreen clip- Very thoughtful.
12. Wireless charging - This I believe though is avail on newer models .

Additionally I feel that having knob controls for the AC blower speed is much more practical as you do not need to take your eyes off the road when adjusting the blower speed. (More a safety issue). Push buttons in my opinion are a big no no.

These are the least they could provide for a car that costs this much.
Note I compare this against the Skoda Superb which is really well kitted out.

Regards,
Seacat
Seacat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 15:12   #272
BHPian

Confirmed from the showroom, the ground clearance is 172mm. Now thats really low for a car of this size
Old 24th December 2018, 16:30   #273
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson-Alarms lit up-Help !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I honestly believe it because of some error codes. And this can only be determined when the car is hooked to the laptop.

Whatever be the issue, it should be covered by the warranty, please get extended and customer care should help & intervene in case the ASC acts smart.

Do let us know if you feel something expensive is being suggested, there are many who can provide a solution.
Hi Guys,
Car just serviced. There were two error codes namely;
C12082 -Wheel Speed Sensor Rear-LH Range / Performance / Intermittent
C120702- Wheel Speed Sensor Rear LH Range/Perf/Intermittent

Modi Hyundai (Mumbai) said they have checked and found nothing wrong so they have reset the codes. Now will need to check if this comes again.
Regards,
Seacat
Seacat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 19:59   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed from the showroom, the ground clearance is 172mm. Now thats really low for a car of this size
What? It’s that low? It doesn’t look like anything less than 180mm.
Old 24th December 2018, 20:03   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
What? It’s that low? It doesn’t look like anything less than 180mm.
I havent TDed it yet, will be doing that soon. Should get an Idea, but yes thats the number confirmed from a sales fellow who found out from the company, at least thats what he said. Not sure if its a laden or an unladen figure.

Also there arent any huge discounts available. I was expecting some decent discounts since its not something that sells and also the year is about to end.

On a totally different topic, merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance
Old 25th December 2018, 06:35   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Don't trust the showroom guys. If it's not stated in the brochure, you have no way of knowing. The salesman will just ask someone and relay it just to show you that he has done his job (never mind if the other guy himself was guessing or bluffing!)

If it's indeed 172, I'm sure it's fully laden.

I've owned a Tucson for over a year and driven it on some pretty bad roads in and out of Blore. Hopelessly bad speedbumps etc. Never had any issues.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 01:44   #277
BHPian

I think I know the answer to this one, but this version doesnt come with a center diff lock like the Australian (2015-18) version right? Also the console looks totally different.
Old 26th December 2018, 23:25   #278
BHPian

Hello,
We have currently short listed the Tucson and the yet to be launched civic.
Although I’m leaning towards the Tucson, the civic looks promising. We’re looking for a car with a comfortable backseat, and one which is easy to drive in the city. Now I’m completely confused. If it’s the tucson, should we wait for the face-lift in may, or get the outgoing one ? Or wait for a while and get the civic.
Please suggest.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th December 2018 at 23:29. Reason: typo
Vinay23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 07:49   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
Hello,
We have currently short listed the Tucson and the yet to be launched civic.
Although I’m leaning towards the Tucson, the civic looks promising. We’re looking for a car with a comfortable backseat, and one which is easy to drive in the city. Now I’m completely confused. If it’s the tucson, should we wait for the face-lift in may, or get the outgoing one ? Or wait for a while and get the civic.
Please suggest.
These 2 vehicles are of completely different classes. They both have their strengths. Tucson is a SUV with high seating while the Civic is a sedan with really low seating.

The Honda Civic will have the world's favorite sweet fuel efficient Honda i-vtec petrol engine. I own a Honda City and the super silent i-vtec engine gives me 17+ kmpl on long drives. The Civic is a class above the Honda City and really hugs the ground, has beautiful interiors, great stability and handles very well.

The Tucson is also a great SUV. I have read somewhere in this forum that the interiors of the current Tucson are quite similar to the Verna etc., given that both vehicles are Hyundai products. The Tucson also has many gadgets, creature comforts and really looks very nice and is ideal in size for a city plus highway driving.

The one major point that needs decision on your side is that, do you need a vehicle that makes you sit high (Tucson) or the need is for a sporty low seating (Civic) vehicle in which one can zip around the city traffic. I am also assuming that if you go in for the Tucson, it would be diesel while the Civic would be petrol. The current difference between diesel & petrol is about Rs. 5; so it really should not be a deciding factor for a INR 25+L vehicle.

Both vehicles are good with modern engines, great creature comforts and are available in international markets. You really cannot go wrong with either.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 22:40   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
These 2 vehicles are of completely different classes. They both have their strengths. Tucson is a SUV with high seating while the Civic is a sedan with really low seating.

The Honda Civic will have the world's favorite sweet fuel efficient Honda i-vtec petrol engine. I own a Honda City and the super silent i-vtec engine gives me 17+ kmpl on long drives. The Civic is a class above the Honda City and really hugs the ground, has beautiful interiors, great stability and handles very well.
Yes, I do acknowledge the fact that they are from completely different segments. I, personally, like sitting high. I'm 6 footer, so i'm usually not comfortable in low slung sedans. My mom, on the other hand HATES SUV's, she loves the sloping rooflines in sedans. Her choice is the Civic, and mine, the Tucson. And we're planning on getting a premium sedan a few years later, so that rules out the point in having two sedans in a house, but still, the civic seems to be a better option for city driving, compared to the tucson.
Any opinion regarding the pre-facelift/facelift dilemma ?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th December 2018 at 02:26. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 31st December 2018, 07:39   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the pre-facelift / facelift, again, both have pros and cons. If the facelift version is going to be cosmetic only and if there are good discounts on the pre-facelift version, one could evaluate and take a call based on available discounts, budget availability etc. For instance, when I purchased my Honda City there were few sedans remaining from earlier lot, before the new facelift Honda City version came into market. The discounts offered at the time by both, Honda & the dealer, were very tempting.

However, if the new version is going to be more than just cosmetic facelift (e.g. total new looks, platform / engine re-design, new color additions, better interiors, more creature comforts etc.) preference would be to go for the fresher look version (even if it costs more) as that would be staying in productions for a longer time before the next big facelift comes along.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 11:57   #282
BHPian

Quote:
I almost booked the outgoing AWD diesel since I was getting a massive 3.5 lacs discount. Unfortunately there was no black color option there was only white in the plant and the plant is supposed to be closed till 2nd or 3rd Jan. Buying it in Jan meant no big discounts. When I decided to let go of the black color and wanted the white i.e. 2 days later the option was gone.

Anyway coming back to your question, I'm waiting for the facelift version. This video might help you find out whats new.

sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 14:19   #283
BHPian

Quote:
I almost booked the outgoing AWD diesel since I was getting a massive 3.5 lacs discount. Unfortunately there was no black color option there was only white in the plant and the plant is supposed to be closed till 2nd or 3rd Jan. Buying it in Jan meant no big discounts. When I decided to let go of the black color and wanted the white i.e. 2 days later the option was gone.

Anyway coming back to your question, I'm waiting for the facelift version. This video might help you find out whats new.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zABva-G3l68

Are we going to get the new 8 speed transmission as well?
Old 4th January 2019, 22:50   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Regarding the pre-facelift / facelift, again, both have pros and cons. If the facelift version is going to be cosmetic only and if there are good discounts on the pre-facelift version, one could evaluate and take a call based on available discounts, budget availability etc.
However, if the new version is going to be more than just cosmetic facelift (e.g. total new looks, platform / engine re-design, new color additions, better interiors, more creature comforts etc.) preference would be to go for the fresher look version (even if it costs more) as that would be staying in productions for a longer time before the next big facelift comes along.
Actually, i'm quite tempted by the new grille on the front and the changes made overall to the car. And I don't think there will be any more features added to the car, maybe ventilated seats, but that's about it. Answering your previous question, we are planning on getting the car in the petrol guise.
Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zABva-G3l68
The only gripe about the facelift is the HU whish is sticking out of the dash. Not really a fan of oi after the clean looking dash of the current car.
Old 5th January 2019, 12:40   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So am I. I was about to buy the car in December but the face-lift looks tempting and decided to wait until mid 2019.

Engineering wise the current car is great, but it looks and feels dated.

I hope the 8 speed transmission makes it to the 2 wd version as well that great carribean blue colour.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 5th January 2019 at 12:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks