Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 09:05   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Im guessing the motion controlled boot opening, panoramic sun-roof and the cooled seats are available in petrol 2wd form too?
Panoramic Sun roof => Both GL(O) and GLS.

Power/Smart Tail Gate => Only GLS.

Ventilated Seats => Was not available with Tucson as of Nov last year. Don't think anything changed since then. May be going to be part of facelift version.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:51   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
Panoramic Sun roof => Both GL(O) and GLS.

Power/Smart Tail Gate => Only GLS.

Ventilated Seats => Was not available with Tucson as of Nov last year. Don't think anything changed since then. May be going to be part of facelift version.
Thanks for that pachchu. I am going for the VTVT 2WD AT GLS. Anything I maybe missing out on in terms of features in comparison to the Diesel 4WD GLS? Besides the 4WD itself?
Old 7th March 2019, 13:35   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I am going for the VTVT 2WD AT GLS. Anything I maybe missing out on in terms of features in comparison to the Diesel 4WD GLS? Besides the 4WD itself?
Other than 'Advanced Traction Cornering Control (ATCC)', I see only these 2 (rather cosmetic) features that are not available with Petrol (as per feature list on HMIL web site)

Front and Rear Silver Skid Plates (DSL only)

Twin Chrome Exhaust (DSL only)
Old 8th March 2019, 15:30   #304
BHPian

I have been looking to buy the 2019 petrol AT GL(O). the dealers do not have a TD vehicle and it will be some time before the vehciles come. I have a few questions for which I have not been able to find answers for.
1) Will the 2019 (India) Tucson be the refreshed international version with the floating central touchscreen or will it have the older, console embedded one. The brochures on the Hyundai website have the updated specs in terms of the GLO and the pano roof, but the console seems to be the older one. So any info around this owuld be helpful. There is one YouTube review which talks from Kanpur I think, which has a in showroom review of the 2019 model, but it has the older console (I wonder ho that showroom had the 2019 car so early on even though it is not avialble anywhere).
2) I will continue to look for reviews around the Petrol AMT. Most people have bought the diesel and the petrol reviews are hard to come by. So pointers would be apprecaited. (I do not want to buy a diesel as my driving per month is around 800 KM max and also have a manual diesel right now. )
3) I did not find any other (or many) options in the 20-30 lac range when it comes to AT SUVs. I am not looking for a 7 seater as such, but I was surprised at the dearth of options (actually all cars) in this range. Nearly all options are sub 20Lac cars with their top end models falling in this range. Not much vareity. I would have explored the Tata Harrier asa an option, but it does not have an AT. What options have folks on this forum explored?

Thanks in advance. Will post a few more as I do more research.
amitdan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 18:06   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
I have been looking to buy the 2019 petrol AT GL(O). the dealers do not have a TD vehicle and it will be some time before the vehciles come. I have a few questions for which I have not been able to find answers for.
1) Will the 2019 (India) Tucson be the refreshed international version with the floating central touchscreen or will it have the older, console embedded one. The brochures on the Hyundai website have the updated specs in terms of the GLO and the pano roof, but the console seems to be the older one. So any info around this owuld be helpful. There is one YouTube review which talks from Kanpur I think, which has a in showroom review of the 2019 model, but it has the older console (I wonder ho that showroom had the 2019 car so early on even though it is not avialble anywhere).
2) I will continue to look for reviews around the Petrol AMT. Most people have bought the diesel and the petrol reviews are hard to come by. So pointers would be apprecaited. (I do not want to buy a diesel as my driving per month is around 800 KM max and also have a manual diesel right now. )
3) I did not find any other (or many) options in the 20-30 lac range when it comes to AT SUVs. I am not looking for a 7 seater as such, but I was surprised at the dearth of options (actually all cars) in this range. Nearly all options are sub 20Lac cars with their top end models falling in this range. Not much vareity. I would have explored the Tata Harrier asa an option, but it does not have an AT. What options have folks on this forum explored?

If you book one now you will get the non floating touch screen one. Can you provide link to that youtube video? The other option for you will be the Compass AT and if you can wait for a few months you can checkout the MG Hector
Old 8th March 2019, 22:51   #306
BHPian

Quote:
All the best in your new car search.
Autocar has posted an article today regarding discounts on various Hyundai cars.
The Tucson is getting upto Rs 80,000 off.
Please confirm with your dealer if this is applicable for the vehicle you are interested in.

Source: Discounts on Various Hyundai Cars - Autocar
Old 9th March 2019, 23:56   #307

Quote:

The refreshed international version of Tucson you are referring to is the midlife revision of the version that is currently sold in India, launched around the world last year and is due for launch in India later this year (between May and August some time). While the international AT Tucson is launched with an 8-speed torque converter AT, India is likely to get the currently available 6-speed torque converter AT only (sadly) to keep from further price rise. But most of the other revisions are expected to be there, including floating central touchscreen you had referred to.

I would also hope for front seat ventilation feature to be brought in, something sorely missing in the current model [especially given that it is available in the lesser costly Elantra (my father has a 2012 Neo Fluidic Elantra CRDi SX(O) AT and I love that car)].

This mid-life revision is a fair bit of revision and therein worth the wait, unless the current available discount of Rs 80,000 (or even more) on the current Tucson could lure you.

The other petrol AT SUVs that would become available (some even available already) soon are:

1. Kia SP2i (not directly a Tucson competitor, but the top-end petrol AT might be worth consideration) - expected by June 2019
2. Morris Garages' Hector petrol AT - expected by June 2019
3. Jeep Compass petrol AT - already available
4. Tata Harrier petrol AT (if they launch an AT in petrol; the AT BTW would be from Hyundai only, the 6-speed torque converter also in Tucson, Elantra, Creta & Verna) - could come out by end-May or June 2019
5. Tata Buzzard petrol AT (the seven seater Harrier) - by end-2019/early-2020
6. Volkswagen Tiguan (not in petrol AT; only available in diesel AT)

Although, my pick would be Hyundai Tucson AT only (personally, I would rather stretch for a diesel CRDi AT, as that engine is more fun to drive, with the petrol AT being the close second). And the soon to be launched mid-life revised Tucson at that.

Apart from awaiting the 2018 Tucson's launch, I am also hoping for Hyundai to bring back the latest Santa Fe to India. Some news articles did suggest so. And there was also news of Hyundai introducing a 7-seater Tucson in 2020 or 2021 instead of bringing back the Santa Fe to India. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the Santa Fe to be brought back to India. Let's see.

Last edited by ankurkundan : 10th March 2019 at 00:09. Reason: Had forgot to mention about the Santa Fe and the 7-seater Tucson possibility.
ankurkundan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 00:16   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Lakshmi Hyundai Hyderabad had informed me that a Petrol Tucson is available for test drive (usually parked in their stock yard). Not sure if it is an AT, but you should be able to confirm that easily by calling them up.
kranti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 10:44   #309
BHPian

Thank you for the replies. Got a few updates since I last posted.

I got a call from the Hyundai showroom (actually I called them) regarding the TD for the petrol AT. The salesman who was pretty confident earlier about getting a TD vehicle this week, mentioned that the HQ is not ready with the new vehicles, and it will be some time before the new Tucson and the TD vehicles make their way to the showroom. They are eager to finish their earlier 2018 models first. The video review which I have mentioned in my earlier post is posted here. I think this is touted as the the new/upgraded Tucson, but from what I have gathered, even this model will be phased out to bring in the 2019 version.
There have abeen a few new videos where the new Tucson's release date has been mentioned as May 2019. My guess is that whenever the new Tucson comes, it will be the internationaly available version wiht floating display, but with limited engine options.

Regarding the other options in this price range. This is my POV:
Jeep Compass - Just doesnt cut it from my perspective. Too expensive for a Jeep and for that size of a vehicle. Its fine for a 15 lac +, but I would not want to spend 20+.
MG - Too new and unproven. Although I was the early adopter of the Duster, when Renault was not established, but I have my reservations about a wholly Chinese owned product's long term dependability (both from quality and service).
VW Tiguan - Again over priced by a few lacs. I would rather get an Endeavour/Rexton if I want to spend that much...but I dont want that big a car, or spend that much as well.
Harrier - Looks like a great product, with the right price, but I only want an AT.

I still plan to hang around for the new Tucson, as its reviews have been good (internationally as well) and its subtle, understated and hopefully reliable as well. I know the newer diesel's are more fun to drive, but, with all the regulations and new around emissions, I am not sure about one. Had we had a even half a** charging network, I would have had waited and gone for the Kona. Anyhow I will keep you folks posted and please let the comments coming
amitdan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 15:30   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
All the best in your new car search.
Autocar has posted an article today regarding discounts on various Hyundai cars.
The Tucson is getting upto Rs 80,000 off.
Please confirm with your dealer if this is applicable for the vehicle you are interested in.

Source: Discounts on Various Hyundai Cars - Autocar
They are offering discosunts on the older models. Delaers are offering a corporate discount along with other offers, and in some cases it is coming up to INR 1 lac. One of the dealers has a top of the line diesel on which the discounts are much more (dont remember the exact amount though). I think I will wait it out for the newer model.
amitdan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 18:02   #311
BHPian

I have been actively speaking to a dealer and they are offering huge discounts (2.5 lakhs ++) on 2018 petrol AT models but only one catch - they are the previous GLS which does not have Sun-roof, wireless charger & available only in white color in the factory. Now if that suits you, its still a better buy than the compass or any other car coming up in my view. I personally don't like the face-lift and further expect it to increase the cost on an already overpriced car for a brand like hyundai.

The only reason i am still dithering is because i feel that if i am spending 25 lakhs on a car, it better have everything in it. I want the LED headlamps while my son wants the sunroof & so now am leaning towards the civic (only grouse being the low seating position & lack of black color) which has everything along with peaceful honda ownership experience.

If I get the black GLS with all bells & whistles at the same cost, I might still go back to GLS but i expect that only to happen by May/June when the face-lift comes in for stock clearance & so waiting to take a call by then. PM me if you want more details.
Old 11th March 2019, 19:55   #312
BHPian

I am getting 2.5 lacs discount on current top end 4wd diesel tucson. Wondering if I should go for it or wait for the updated version. Would love to have ventilated seats and that 360 camera.
Old 11th March 2019, 20:33   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I am getting 2.5 lacs discount on current top end 4wd diesel tucson. Wondering if I should go for it or wait for the updated version. Would love to have ventilated seats and that 360 camera.

Is this facelift model with Sunroof or older 2018 model?
Old 11th March 2019, 20:45   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Is this facelift model with Sunroof or older 2018 model?
the facelifted sunroof version, 2019 manufactured vehicle
Old 11th March 2019, 20:55   #315
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post

Well, if its a 2019 model with sunroof, then you should go for it although I think you can push a little bit more on discounts! Unless you want the ventilated seats so badly, suggest you take it because its not worth 2.5 lakhs and the camera with front sensors is more than enough for most scenarios! There wont be any discounts when the facelift comes in June.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2019 at 09:23. Reason: Poorly typed post
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed