Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 23:46   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
After a very annoying sales experience from Laxmi Hyundai. We finally received our 2019 Hyundai Tucson petrol AT. Wanted the stardust grey shade but ended up having to settle for silver.

Apparently the dark grey shade have many ordered backed up at the factory and they won't deliver for another two months. Great car though. Haven't driven it more than a couple blocks in my layout. First impressions were great.
Congratulations! Please pen down an ownership review soon. I think it looks great in silver too. If you can, please share the price breakup. Any discounts on the petrol variants?
Old 20th April 2019, 19:21   #332
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

@Fullrevs, Congratulations. Its looking great.

BTW I got mine 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by mkc15 : 20th April 2019 at 19:27.
Old 20th April 2019, 21:12   #333
BHPian

Congratulations both of you! The Tucson in silver colour looks great!

@mkc15 which version you opted? What was the total discounts?

I am looking at this for my buy, and I am confused to wait until new facelift! Please share your buying decisions and experience.
Old 20th April 2019, 22:00   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
We finally received our 2019 Hyundai Tucson petrol AT.
Haven't driven it more than a couple blocks in my layout. First impressions were great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
BTW I got mine 2 weeks ago.
@Fullrevs & @mkc15, congratulations on your vehicles.
@Fullrevs, the grey colour looks very good on the vehicle.

Would be great if both of you could post your ownership threads.

Did either of you consider the newly launched CR-V while making the decision to opt for this vehicle. Since @Fullrevs has picked up the petrol AT, is the CR-V petrol a worthy opponent to the Tucson.

Wishing both of you miles and miles of splendid ownership.
Old 20th April 2019, 23:21   #335
BHPian

Thank you all. Will post my ownership thread with all details in a day or two. I did look at CR-V but dropped it for 2 reasons, 1) CVT and 2) I wanted Diesel this time and petrol CR-V seemed highly overpriced. I took Diesel Auto GL. Here is a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_20190405_125355.jpg  

mkc15 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:36   #336
BHPian

Hi All - Anyone have any recent info on the 2019 Tucson, i found an overdrive article indicating a May launch, but nothing recent, anyone else have any update on this. Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:36   #337
BHPian

Being Hyundai busy to launch new product Venue next few months, I suspect Tucson facelift will come at year end! I too contemplating this version to buy, other option for me is Octavia, though both are of different segments and taste!
Old 25th April 2019, 13:46   #338
BHPian

I am thinking of buying tucson AT. Now the question is, should i go for petrol or diesel?

The petrol spec is 155bhp and 190 nm torque,
Whereas diesel is 185bhp and 350nm torque!

Without considering the price, which one is good in performance? And how about the diesel engine, is it very noisy?

Any suggestions please?
Old 25th April 2019, 14:08   #339
Senior - BHPian

In my experience the CRDI motors by Hyundai are one of the most refined ones. Cabin insulation was good when I took a TD sometime back and the engine is quite punchy. The whole package is quite enjoyable to drive. Haven't driven the Petrol but the figures on paper would riddle down to reality as well, anything less than 250nm on this huge vehicle will be underwhelming, at the same time AT does a good job in the city. If your primary use is within city, you can choose the petrol AT. If you want quick off the line starts and high cruising speeds on the highway, CRDI for sure.
Old 25th April 2019, 14:29   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post

Numbers tell you the story. Almost double torque in CRDi will give you immense driving pleasure coupled with AT.
If i would have been in your place, i would have gone for CRDi eyes close.
Just imagine adrenaline rush when turbo kicks in
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 23:22   #341
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of buying tucson AT. Now the question is, should i go for petrol or diesel?

Without considering the price, which one is good in performance? And how about the diesel engine, is it very noisy?

Any suggestions please?
Eyes closed DIESEL!! Hyundai diesels are extremely refined, supremely punchy and very reliable.

That 2L CRDI puts out 184bhp and 400Nm of torque. It is a phenomenal engine.

I own a 1.6CRDI and can vouch for Hyundai Diesels anyday

If it only wasn’t priced so high, I would have one sitting in my garage now.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 25th April 2019 at 23:24.
drhoneycake is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 09:49   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
In my experience the CRDI motors by Hyundai are one of the most refined ones. Cabin insulation was good when I took a TD sometime back and the engine is quite punchy. ........
How about diesel engine in long run? I am more concerned about engine noise and bharat norms VI.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th April 2019 at 09:54. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 26th April 2019, 10:02   #343
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about diesel engine in long run? I am more concerned about engine noise and bharat norms VI.
As far as noise in concerned, Hyundai diesels are extremely refined. But yes, technically speaking, there is no denying that petrol is going to be even more refined. So, it basically comes down to your own level of noise acceptance. For the most of us, I think it will be a non-issue.

As far as BS6 is concerned, don't worry, every manufacturer is going to have diesel post BS6, especially in higher segments. Yes, there is indeed little to deny that petrol engines have a brighter future than the diesels, but it is almost impossible to determine the exact implication of this 'not so great future of diesel' and how and when will it actually affect us, especially in India. I'd say if you intend not to keep the car for more than 8-10 years, this should be a non-issue.

Last but not the least, 'Is it worth to avoid going for the much superior Tucson diesel just due to the distant not so great future of diesels?' You decide.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 19:45   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
As far as noise in concerned, Hyundai diesels are extremely refined. But yes, technically speaking, there is no denying that petrol is going to be even more refined. So, it basically comes down to your own level of noise acceptance. For the most of us, I think it will be a non-issue.

As far as BS6 is concerned, don't worry, every manufacturer is going to have diesel post BS6, especially in higher segments. Yes, there is indeed little to deny that petrol engines have a brighter future than the diesels, but it is almost impossible to determine the exact implication of this 'not so great future of diesel' and how and when will it actually affect us, especially in India. I'd say if you intend not to keep the car for more than 8-10 years, this should be a non-issue.

Last but not the least, 'Is it worth to avoid going for the much superior Tucson diesel just due to the distant not so great future of diesels?' You decide.
Any recommendations for much superior diesel than tucson?

I had test driven petrol tucson and was happy. (Any i10 user would be happy driving it lol). Will do a diesel TD before taking a decision.

There aren't any cars in this range, compass being small and i cancelled it a month after booking it.

Tiguan's quite high in price and looks a bit dull, according to me.

Volvo xc40 is quite good with features, but price is 50+.

I dont see any other
Old 26th April 2019, 20:05   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for much superior diesel than tucson?

I had test driven petrol tucson and was happy. (Any i10 user would be happy driving it lol). Will do a diesel TD before taking a decision.

There aren't any cars in this range, compass being small and i cancelled it a month after booking it.

Tiguan's quite high in price and looks a bit dull, according to me.

Volvo xc40 is quite good with features, but price is 50+.

I dont see any other
I almost booked the Tucson, after a lot of research found out the actual ground clearance of the tucson is 163mm, found out from the Australian website. Now I know why they havent mentioned it in any of the websites or brochures in India, surprisingly not even on the American website. I go a little off the road or I'll say I do a little bit of "off roading" for my photography so this lovely car wasnt for me. On your other question, any particular feature that you are looking for that is not in the MG Hector?

Last edited by sreejinair : 26th April 2019 at 20:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks