Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2019, 21:21   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I almost booked the Tucson, after a lot of research found out the actual ground clearance of the tucson is 163mm, found out from the Australian website.
Almost all manufacturers have to jack up the ride height of almost all passenger vehicles before they can ply safely on "Indian roads". I'm talking of the ones manufactured or sold new here. Why, even so-called 'Low Floor' buses have to be meticulously planned out and have the ride heights at suitable levels. It's a known fact. So keeping that in mind I don't think Australia's or America's ground clearances would have even remote similarities to Indian ones.

I think you'll have to do a recheck. You most probably will be surprised at the differences.

Hope this helps.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 21:32   #347
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post

I think you'll have to do a recheck. You most probably will be surprised at the differences.

Hope this helps.
Wonder why Hyundai doesn't mention it in their brochures or their official Indian website. After checking with few sales guys in Aurangabad and Pune the best (maximum) figure I got was 170mm.
Old 26th April 2019, 21:59   #348
BHPian

Quote:
, any particular feature that you are looking for that is not in the MG Hector?
Haven't gone through its reviews yet, and since its not launched there are no full reviews.
New to Indian market. Not sure about maintenance.
Guess it would be priced above 30.

In total, a few uncertainties.
Old 26th April 2019, 22:09   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
Haven't gone through its reviews yet, and since its not launched there are no full reviews.

That's true, it is new to the Indian market hence now full reviews. By the way if you are looking for petrol the Hector will come with a 48V mild hybrid and DCT and it should be priced between 20-23 lacs. Expect aggressive pricing, but yes lots of uncertainties.
Old 26th April 2019, 22:31   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sir. Why be pioneers with an unknown brand. Our own home grown brands were using the initial batch of customers as guinea pigs to sort out all clinks that they should have sorted before launching.
MG is a new company in our market.
Spending Rs 30 lakhs of our hard earned money demands due diligence on our part and most folk will stick to a tested brand like Hyundai or upscale to the Fortuner if they can afford to.
With news that Maruti will be phasing out its Diesel engines from April 2020, would be interesting to see how a company like Hyundai responds.
Old 27th April 2019, 09:06   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Go for the diesel eyes closed if you love driving. Even at 120kmph, if you floor the A pedal, the AT will drop a couple of gears [not as fast as a DSG, but I would say its fast enough w/o much lag & much much better than body on frame SUV's AT] and shoot you forward.

Quote:
I almost booked the Tucson, after a lot of research found out the actual ground clearance of the tucson is 163mm,
You can't purposely off-road, but bad roading won't do much harm. If I can put it that way, clears where an XUV/Creta/Compass goes, of course as far as monocoque goes, the Duster is ahead, but this is on par with others.

And please don't go by on paper figures, my 4WD Scorpio's GC is pegged at 180 and I know it can go where the higher rated WR-V/EcoSport can't even dream to dare.

The best part is, you won't feel you are driving a Hyundai, its much European in nature.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th April 2019 at 09:09.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 12:21   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And please don't go by on paper figures, my 4WD Scorpio's GC is pegged at 180 and I know it can go where the higher rated WR-V/EcoSport can't even dream to dare.

The best part is, you won't feel you are driving a Hyundai, its much European in nature.
Yes you are right about that, I shouldnt go by the numbers. One other reason not to buy was, I looked at used Tucsons too, specially 1-2 yr old. For some strange reason when I checked their history and 3 other cars all of them where accidental and all of them had the under belly hit. Might be a coincidence.
Old 27th April 2019, 12:26   #353
BHPian

Quote:
I almost booked the Tucson, after a lot of research found out the actual ground clearance of the tucson is 163mm, found out from the Australian website.
I don't believe these numbers tell the true story. My VW Vento has a ground clearance of 160mm, which is as much as the Honda City's. In the 5 years of owning the car, not once have I had any issue in the low ground clearance. The stiff suspension makes up for the low ground clearance. I believe you should test drive the car to know its capabilities off road, and not go through the numbers.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 17:56   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for much superior diesel than tucson?

Tiguan's quite high in price and looks a bit dull, according to me.

I dont see any other
Tiguan is a superior diesel in every way. Latest MQB platform, standard 4WD, seven speed dual clutch auto, exceptional quality inside and out and a global best seller in this segment. That Sunroof is sweet! Looks are subjective but I would bet that 6-7 years from now, you will feel today's Tiguan looks better than today's Tucson, the design of the Tiguan is so timeless. As for price, I believe there are good discounts going on now.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th April 2019 at 17:59.
Old 27th April 2019, 21:40   #355
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Tiguan is a superior diesel in every way. Latest MQB platform, standard 4WD, seven speed dual clutch auto, exceptional quality inside and out and a global best seller in this segment. That Sunroof is sweet! Looks are subjective but I would bet that 6-7 years from now, you will feel today's Tiguan looks better than today's Tucson, the design of the Tiguan is so timeless. As for price, I believe there are good discounts going on now.

Agree with you on the interiors and the timeless looks, but have to disagree with you on the engine. The Hyundai engine is refined and powerful. I would pick this diesel any day over the VW engine in the current state of tune.

The Hyundai torque converter gearbox gets the job done as well, nothing to complain as the torque available low down in the rev range more than makes up.

In terms of performance the Tucson just blows the Tiguan away.

It's the average interiors of the Tucson that really spoils the party.

For someone shopping in this segment now, I would recommend waiting a couple of months for the Compass Trailhawk.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 27th April 2019 at 21:49.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 09:16   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Agree with you on the interiors and the timeless looks, but have to disagree with you on the engine. The Hyundai engine is refined and powerful. I would pick this diesel any day over the VW engine in the current state of tune.
Engine apart, the VW playing second fiddle to Skoda got my goat. You never know how things would pan out with a VW.

Trailhawk would be more off-road friendly but the space inside won't be as generous as the Tucson.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 10:06   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
It's the average interiors of the Tucson that really spoils the party.
I dont see any concrete update on the new tucson. I am on the verge of booking diesel tucson, but thinking to wait for some more time. Even if its 6 months wait, i feel it should be worth it.
Dealer offered about a lakh+ discount, so the price of top end will cost me something 29+.
Still the que remains unanswered, should i wait or go with discount.
Old 30th April 2019, 18:49   #358
BHPian

Quote:
I dont see any concrete update on the new tucson. I am on the verge of booking diesel tucson, but thinking to wait for some more time. Even if its 6 months wait, i feel it should be worth it.
Dealer offered about a lakh+ discount, so the price of top end will cost me something 29+.
Still the que remains unanswered, should i wait or go with discount.
I'm in the same boat too. There is no news at all regarding the facelift. I'v been trying to figure out online but there is no news except an expected May launch. Will wait till a week -10 days of May and then take a call.
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:18   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
@Fullrevs & @mkc15, congratulations on your vehicles.
@Fullrevs, the grey colour looks very good on the vehicle.

Would be great if both of you could post your ownership threads.

Did either of you consider the newly launched CR-V while making the decision to opt for this vehicle. Since @Fullrevs has picked up the petrol AT, is the CR-V petrol a worthy opponent to the Tucson.

Wishing both of you miles and miles of splendid ownership.
Hi Ithaca!I couldn't get the stardust grey, the dealership suddenly dropped a 4 week delivery delay if in case I wanted the darker grey (which is the shade i actually chose to buy initially). I actually own a 2.4 AT CRV which is personally used by me as a daily runner. It is a 12 year old car.

One of the decisions of going for the Tucson was also the price as compared to the CRV. The Tucson seemed to be the least priced car amongst them all. The person driving the car (66 yr old gentleman) also didn't want to drive a Fortuner or an Endeavour as it seemed a bit too "toughened up and too elevated in road height" for him. Not to forget that those SUV's are quite large also. Reason for buying a petrol is because all the top management in my firm buys only petrol.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 2nd May 2019 at 18:20.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 10:07   #360
BHPian

Recently I sat in a Tucson ( Friend's car). Highly impressed with the ride quality and NVH levels. Of course the exterior is stunning. The only negative is that interiors dont wow you.
Slightly off topic. I observed something interesting. There is one price range where the consumers have very few options. Tons of options below the range. And decent options above the range. But hardly anything in the range.
1. Cars: 20 to 30 lakhs
2. Smartphones: 20 to 30k
3. Homes: 2 to 3 crore

Quote:
Any recommendations for much superior diesel than tucson?

There aren't any cars in this range, compass being small and i cancelled it a month after booking it.

Tiguan's quite high in price and looks a bit dull, according to me.

Volvo xc40 is quite good with features, but price is 50+.

I dont see any other
adithya.kp is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks