Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2019, 22:54   #376
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Is the above dates from definite sources? If yes that’s too long for me to wait. I am hoping they will do much earlier, when I enquired with my SA, he assumes that it would be early next year with BS6.

With MG Hector, Harrier, Compass world today, I still hope Tucson for a premium price still worthy than experimenting, especially when I need a solid reliable vehicle to replace my 6 year old swift.

Any pointers?
Old 5th August 2019, 11:54   #377
BHPian

I own a Tucson for more than 2 years now. Mainly driven by my wife in the city and me when we go on a road trip. I'm having steering alignment problems with my car for more than a year now. The car drifts significantly to the left when steering is in the neutral position, and the problem is more evident in the highways, due to higher speeds. I have to hold it a little to the right to make it go in a straight line.

In the city, its not much of a problem due to the light steering. But on highways and long rides, it can be a problem. Given the car to service center more than 4 times last year and they went all the way up to changing the tie rod to fix the issue. It was OK for a while, but now its started to appear again. Multiple wheel alignments done and Hyundai is not able to fix the issue. Does anyone face the same issue with this or any other Hyundai car. Any solution for this? Due to this problem, all my planned road trips on this car, are now on hold.
bharathan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:44   #378
Senior - BHPian

Hey, what's the make and mileage on the tyres? Have you done Tyre rotation in these two years? Is your Tucson a 2WD or 4WD variant? Petrol or Diesel?
Old 11th August 2019, 22:27   #379

Hi guys,

Just took delivery of a 4x4 GLS Tuscan white colour 4 days ago. Driven it about 350 Km’s and I absolutely love it to bits.

Easy to use and good info system
4 wheel drive capability
Love the sunroof(kids are crazy about it)
Decent ground clearance
Lovely music system seamlessly connects to my phone
Wireless charger. clap

Dislikes

Brakes don’t bite. I have been spoiled on the 3 series and the yeti so find the brakes a bit disconcerting.
The ride on the rear seat is a little hard.

Any advise with this car?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st August 2019 at 22:35. Reason: typos fixed
Ashboyt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 12:41   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey, what's the make and mileage on the tyres? Have you done Tyre rotation in these two years? Is your Tucson a 2WD or 4WD variant? Petrol or Diesel?
Its the 4wd diesel. The problem has been there since 6k km. Now its at 11k. I got tyre rotation done at 6k when the problem first occurred. And multiple wheel alignments as well.
Old 18th August 2019, 13:22   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Its the 4wd diesel. The problem has been there since 6k km. Now its at 11k. I got tyre rotation done at 6k when the problem first occurred. And multiple wheel alignments as well.

It seems like an issue with camber adjustment only. Either the workshop has the wrong alignment numbers, or their technicians are not as skilled.

You could try some professional wheel alignment shops, ask for original alignment chart and later corrected one. Make sure they choose your exact car variant in the alignment machine.
Old 21st August 2019, 19:27   #382
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Between the 20 to 25 lakhs, no other vehicle ticks the boxes like the Tuscon. I have booked the Kia but I find the headroom to be less and will be quite common after launch as well. The civic is too low and rear seat is claustrophobic with less thigh support. The only issue being BS4 and so confused. Both the petrol GLS & diesel GL(O) are quite similar cost and confused which one to buy. My usage is quite low but worried about resale value of petrol SUV and generally Hyundai petrol guzzles fuel. However the diesel BS4 would have the same fate I guess after some couple of years. From feature perspective dont lose much between both variants but diesel is better to drive. What do you guys think?
Old 21st August 2019, 20:09   #383
BHPian

Well If I get the Tucson diesel automatic for that price (OTR) I will buy it, in Maharashtra the top end AWD diesel costs 33L with discounts and everything it goes down to about 30L, still 5L more than what you are quoting, are you looking at a used one?
Old 21st August 2019, 20:41   #384
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Well If I get the Tucson diesel automatic for that price (OTR) I will buy it, in Maharashtra the top end AWD diesel costs 33L with discounts and everything it goes down to about 30L, still 5L more than what you are quoting, are you looking at a used one?

The GL(O) 2WD is around 29 lakhs on road and with my Jazz car exchange and hopefully good discounts, hoping to get diesel automatic at around 21 to 22 lakhs. we anyway dont keep any car more than 4 to 5 years but thinking if BS4 will impact the resale later & so kind of confused between the petrol top end (which is also BS4 but I guess its diesel which gets banned) as it will be quite close to this cost.

Last edited by urajkumar : 21st August 2019 at 20:43.
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:31   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Between the 20 to 25 lakhs, no other vehicle ticks the boxes like the Tuscon. I have booked the Kia but I find the headroom to be less....
Very similar confusion for me. I've also booked Kia but looking at the their Creta-ish pricing, I wonder if Tucson makes more sense with its bigger engine tand more space. I had test driven both Tucson and Tiguan, liked Tiguan's sophisticated feel but it's even more pricey. Tucson seemed to tick boxes but Kia promised to over deliver and I waited.

The BS4 questions are very valid so hopefully someone explains in plain terms what it's going to mean for people buying BS4 cars today (at the same time don't forget that all cars like Hector are still BS4).

What are the realistic discounts one can expect on Tucson?
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:43   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Very similar confusion for me. I've also booked Kia but looking at the their Creta-ish pricing, I wonder if Tucson makes more sense with its bigger engine tand more space. I had test driven both Tucson and Tiguan, liked Tiguan's sophisticated feel but it's even more pricey. Tucson seemed to tick boxes but Kia promised to over deliver and I waited.

The BS4 questions are very valid so hopefully someone explains in plain terms what it's going to mean for people buying BS4 cars today (at the same time don't forget that all cars like Hector are still BS4).

What are the realistic discounts one can expect on Tucson?

With an car in exchange, we can look at 2 lakhs discount which frankly is much better than paying for the gimmick MG (rightly pointed out as BS4) and the glittery Kia which is not made for big guys like me. So might work out 5 lakhs more but worth the leap in segment I think. Negotiating now on the same.
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:25   #387
BHPian

Quote:
So might work out 5 lakhs more but worth the leap in segment I think. Negotiating now on the same.
Lets us know how the negotiations goes?
Do you think waiting till year end would go with more discount, especially as we already own a car and not in urgency?

I am in similar boat in between Tiguan and Tucson.
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:52   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Lets us know how the negotiations goes?

Do you think waiting till year end would go with more discount, especially as we already own a car and not in urgency?

I am in similar boat in between Tiguan and Tucson.

I dont think it will change much and with the new SOPs introduced by govt, they might be more reluctant. Also I feel car makers like Hyundai are not used to passing on high discounts (like the big 3 Germans) considering their experience in small cars discounts from my experience dealing with them in the last couple of months. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You could however try if they have older models where you could push a little bit more (I got a steal 3 months back on a non-sunroof version GLS but I missed it) but you might not get your color option or version of choice.

All in all I realised the variation between deals is not so much in Mid & small segment cars like this and we should buy the car when our heart says so. 😁
Old 29th August 2019, 14:36   #389
BHPian

After a lot of thought, i cancelled the Kia due to multiple reasons (mentioned in the Kia thread), Happy to inform that I have booked a Petrol Tuscon GLS (Black) and awaiting delivery by next week.

I am nearing 40 (supposedly my prime - age wise & career wise) & so did not want to compromise on my requirements like i have been doing over the years & wanted my next car to tick all the boxes and move up a segment possibly.

Petrol Vs Diesel confusion was there till the last minute but
- City driving mainly
- Expect Diesel BS4 to be banned after 10 years in urban cities in the near future bringing down the resale cost
- More features compared to similarly priced GL(O) Diesel like the Dual barrel headlamps, Parking brake, Front sensors etc
- Silent! Silent! Shhhh

Why Tuscon?
- No other car between 23 to 28 lakhs which ticks all the boxes like this
- As 6 footer, find it easy to walk-into (Civic rejected for being too low)
- Perfect length, not too long for parking woes but not too short
- European looks, i have always turned back to give it a second glance
- Elegant interiors & spacious (Did I mention the panoramic Sunroof)
- Hyundai service assurance (thought expensive they offer free maintenance till 30,000 KM)
- I hate the face-lift & expect a huge premium due to BS6 later
- Being BS4 got a good discount & exchange deal (Ping me separately if you want to know)
- Stand out in the crowd of CRETAs & Seltos & MG

Now started planning for the accessories Will keep this group updated

Last edited by urajkumar : 29th August 2019 at 14:40.
urajkumar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 10:07   #390
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of thought, i cancelled the Kia due to multiple reasons (mentioned in the Kia thread), Happy to inform that I have booked a Petrol Tuscon GLS (Black) and awaiting delivery by next week.
Congrats ! May you have a very pleasant, fully satisfying ownership experience with this gentle beast ! (Btw, it is Tucson ... not Tuscon )
Did you get to test drive Petrol variant ? When I was looking to make a choice between Petrol/Diesel Tucson last year, my dealer had only diesel variant available for TD.
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed