Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2019, 21:16   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissflag View Post
So a quick follow up on purchasing our second Tucson -
Do you have an email communication with the dealer or just telephonic. If latter, best thing to do is to initiate an email thread and copy Hyundai customer care with all the details and ask the dealer to update on the location of your car.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2020 at 08:02. Reason: quoted post trimmed
mkc15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 21:54   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My wife is fed up with the SA attitude and told him that we simply want to cancel now and get the refund (-3000 INR deducted from booking amount). He said it will not be possible now since the car has a VIN and allocation (whatever that means).
One conclusion that is beyond doubt is that you're dealing with a total idiot. Here's what you can do

1) Read the terms on your booking charge receipt. It will clearly state that you can cancel it and the amount of the refund should also be specified. Make sure it is indeed 3000INR according to the terms on it (there's a good chance that your SA is pulling numbers out of his ass).

2) You are under no obligation to accept a vehicle with a defect. This is the purpose of the PDI. Even if the car is perfect but you change your mind, the only thing you lose should be the cancellation amount in the booking fee and not a dime more.

3) If I were you, I'd cancel the booking and go to a different dealer anyway. Heck, you might get a bigger discount that covers the cancellation fee. This dealer (please name him!) doesn't deserve your business and Delhi has plenty of Hyundai dealers to take care of your needs.

You are the customer and in this market, they really should be bending over backwards to satisfy you - not the other way around.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 10th October 2019 at 22:02.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 22:05   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Do you have an email communication with the dealer or just telephonic. If latter, best thing to do is to initiate an email thread and copy Hyundai customer care with all the details and ask the dealer to update on the location of your car.
So far it's been on phone only (me calling them mostly, and rarely a call from the dealer on updates). But for the cancellation, they do require an email to their corporate office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Read the terms on your booking charge receipt. It will clearly state that you can cancel it and the amount of the refund should also be specified. Make sure it is indeed 3000INR according to the terms on it (there's a good chance that your SA is pulling numbers out of his ass).
The booking docket does mention the amount 3000 INR. I am just fed up with the delay and lack of transparent communications. Like I said, I am surprised they cannot track (or so I am told) a 25l car in transit from Chennai.

On your 3rd point - sure - Its Koncept Hyundai in S Delhi. I owned first Hyundai from Elroy (also in S Delhi) but since the previous SA who sold me my first (what a wonderful experience it was - booking to delivery in 14 days) went on to join Kia, the existing SA there were least interested in selling me second Tucson, to a 2nd time customer . So, I went to this time with Koncept but what a nightmare so far, without even the sale! I cannot imagine what their service would be post-sale . I think I will make the call tomorrow if they still cannot give me a verifiable response.

Thanks again both :-)

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2020 at 08:03. Reason: quoted post trimmed
Old 11th October 2019, 15:33   #424
BHPian

Quick question for all the Tuscon owners.

How is the spares and maintenance cost for the Tuscon? Is it made in India or imported as a CKD?

Any pointers are helpful. Have shortlisted it and negotiating with the dealer for the right price.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th October 2019, 15:50   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Is it made in India or imported as a CKD?
Found this on a quick search -
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Tucson is a CKD, whereas Seltos, Hector and Compass - all are manufactured in India. Hence the obvious price difference. That said, I wouldn't bring Seltos into comparison here.
On this thread -
Link - TBHP Article (Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019)
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 15:51   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Is it made in India or imported as a CKD?
Tuscon is CKD, assembled in Chennai.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 21:46   #427
BHPian

Hyundai seems to have silently introduced a new shade on the Tucson- Starry Night. I Called up the nearest Hyundai outlet to confirm the same, but they weren't aware of it and was told they would get back to me on the same. They also went on to send me pictures of the Verna in Starry Night, and quite honestly, it looks GREAT. I've always been a sucker for the Cavansite blue shade on the C Class, and i'm sure this would look bomb on the Tucson. This might just be the last push I needed to finalize the Tucson as our next car
Attaching pictures of the Verna as received from the SA.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-6a9dc51adf1748359f7dd38d4b03663a.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-7a12db52d4724c6a858b0cf329a90a11.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-32b94ac23ede45ffaa8b3bac4852d6e8.jpg  

Old 16th October 2019, 23:30   #428
BHPian

Yes, I saw it when I went for a test drive. But I was also told that it's not promoted actively for some reason.
Old 18th October 2019, 15:25   #429

Quote:
So far it's been on phone only (me calling them mostly, and rarely a call from the dealer on updates). But for the cancellation, they do require an email to their corporate office.
Another update: Its been 1 week since we were told 20 Oct date for delivery of car. We even went to showroom and asked for evidence to know where the car is, and we were shown a log of cars which the dealer has in transit, it has 3 tucson in it, one being our. We were now told 21 Oct is when it will arrive.

Today I get call from SA, telling me it wont be 21 oct, but probably sometime between 20-27 Oct (Diwali) when we will get it, and even this is not confirmed because they keep saying we dont know where the car is!...So we finally have given up and decided to cancel this all together. What a nightmare getting it from this dealership.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2020 at 08:04. Reason: quoted post trimmed
Swissflag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 19:03   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Today I get call from SA, telling me it wont be 21 oct, but probably sometime between 20-27 Oct (Diwali) when we will get it, and even this is not confirmed because they keep saying we dont know where the car is!...So we finally have given up and decided to cancel this all together. What a nightmare getting it from this dealership.
Looks like he has sold one for a higher price and wants you to cancel it somehow. Just cancel it and go to some other showroom. If you still have some patience, call up/email Hyundai customer care with all details and see if they can fix the dealer.
mkc15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 19:19   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Looks like he has sold one for a higher price and wants you to cancel it somehow. Just cancel it and go to some other showroom. If you still have some patience, call up/email Hyundai customer care with all details and see if they can fix the dealer.
Yes, absolutely agree there with you. Because I cannot think of any other reason the dealer will delay the delivery of a car by 50 days!. Its not a Kia Seltos ffs! VIN decoding tells me 7 Sept 2019 as production date and we placed the order on 12 Sept 2019. Nothing adds up to explain this delay, perhaps the dealer has outstanding dues or whatever....I will certainly write to Hyundai
Old 18th October 2019, 19:20   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So we finally have given up and decided to cancel this all together. What a nightmare getting it from this dealership.
Good move from your side. Please ensure that Hyundai hears this story about Koncept Hyundai - they are pulling something and should face the music for it. And maybe it doesn't matter but in principle, they should give you your entire deposit back and Hyundai might be happy to do that if you go with a different dealer.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 19:45   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Good move from your side. Please ensure that Hyundai hears this story about Koncept Hyundai - they are pulling something and should face the music for it. And maybe it doesn't matter but in principle, they should give you your entire deposit back and Hyundai might be happy to do that if you go with a different dealer.

Yes, I have now mailed to HMIL about this horrid experience and how Koncept Hyundai deals with second time premier car customers (in a market where very few are buying cars). I hope they show more responsibility in replying as compared to their dealers.
Old 19th October 2019, 19:25   #434
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Quick question for all the Tuscon owners.

How is the spares and maintenance cost for the Tuscon? Is it made in India or imported as a CKD?

Any pointers are helpful. Have shortlisted it and negotiating with the dealer for the right price.

Thanks in advance!

Well the good news is for 30,000 km / 3 years, no maintenance cost for Tucson (except exceptional breakage etc) and its included in the car cost until the 4th service. So literally its zero cost for first 30000 km. Its CKD and that quality shows - a notch above the other Hyundai made in India cars.

Last edited by urajkumar : 19th October 2019 at 19:27.
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 11:29   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Well the good news is for 30,000 km / 3 years, no maintenance cost for Tucson (except exceptional breakage etc) and its included in the car cost until the 4th service. So literally its zero cost for first 30000 km. Its CKD and that quality shows - a notch above the other Hyundai made in India cars.
Yes, I understand. My question was for understanding the cost after 3 years. Especially around things like headlights and tail lamps etc, once they are out of a zero dep insurance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks