Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Have you brake-pads been replaced?
Nope, they haven't been replaced.
Old 19th December 2019, 09:19   #467
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I have my build log in a different forum about the same, not sure if i can share the link here. Can any mod confirm this ?
Hi - can you please PM the link? I would like to understand your setup. Also did you consider Focal speakers?
Old 13th January 2020, 19:29   #468
BHPian

Hi All - Wishing all a happy new year. I recently got my Tucson 4wd, i have a specific question regarding the Auto hold feature, so is it ok to use the feature in stop and go traffic without holding the brake pedal (So to stop the car while on Drive) or is the intended feature on the car is different ?
Old 14th January 2020, 11:22   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi All - Wishing all a happy new year. I recently got my Tucson 4wd, i have a specific question regarding the Auto hold feature, so is it ok to use the feature in stop and go traffic without holding the brake pedal (So to stop the car while on Drive) or is the intended feature on the car is different ?

That's exactly its intended purpose, you are not doing it wrong.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 16:59   #470
BHPian

Do dealers in Bangalore currently have stock or completely stopped, waiting for BS6 versions to come in?
Anyone inquired with dealers recently?
Old 16th January 2020, 09:36   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Do dealers in Bangalore currently have stock or completely stopped, waiting for BS6 versions to come in?
Anyone inquired with dealers recently?
I recently bought my car in Bangalore, and also confirmed the story with Mumbai dealers as a colleague of mine was trying to get one as well. Looks like they have no Diesel 4wd available, they may have a few petrol still around , what are you looking for ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
That's exactly its intended purpose, you are not doing it wrong.
Thanks a ton, i have a few more questions sorry these are a bit fragmented as i get more used to the car.

1. What is Tyre pressure you maintain - when i got the car the car was 36 psi on all of them, ride was harsh, i have brought it down to 34 as i am alone in the car most of the time.

2. Boot - Auto close - This one takes forever to close and open - Will it be a problem if this is closed manually - Any experience on this ?

3. Fuel Economy - This hurts a bit, i moved from a Vw Jetta to a Tucson, i haven't seen the display go beyond 8.5 , Jetta used to be around 13-15Kmpl in the city, highway was easily 22+. Does it improve post the service at least low double digits ?

Overall a fantastic car, acceleration is brilliant and a nice sound system as well.

Cheers.

MOD NOTE - Please use Multi Quote (QUOTE +) button instead of typing one reply after another on the SAME thread.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th January 2020 at 11:23. Reason: Back to back posts.
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 10:59   #472
BHPian

Quote:
I recently bought my car in Bangalore, and also confirmed the story with Mumbai dealers as a colleague of mine was trying to get one as well. Looks like they have no Diesel 4wd available, they may have a few petrol still around , what are you looking for ?
Was looking for the top end diesel - but doesn't look like there's any left anywhere.
Thanks anyway!
Old 20th January 2020, 11:07   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton, i have a few more questions sorry these are a bit fragmented as i get more used to the car.
Hi,
1. Tyre pressure: I have had the car for 3 years now and tried various combinations from 34, 33, 32 psi. I feel 32 works best in terms of comfort and fuel eco
2. Boot: yes its slow to open and close. And more frustrating is unless you put it in park it wont open. They should have at least allowed opening when in neutral so that checking at Malls/Hotels, etc is easier :-)
3. Fuel eco: I get varying depending on traffic condition Mumbai city - anything between 8.5 to 10.3 km/ltr. Have done Mumbai Pune on expressway and got max 14. This is with car in Drive mode and not eco or sports mode.
4. Wish they had increased height of the passenger seat too.

Kind regards,
Seacat

Last edited by Sheel : 20th January 2020 at 11:24. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thank You!
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 07:54   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi,
1. Tyre pressure: I have had the car for 3 years now and tried various combinations from 34, 33, 32 psi. I feel 32 works best in terms of comfort and fuel eco
Seacat
Need to try 32 psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi,
3. Fuel eco: I get varying depending on traffic condition Mumbai city - anything between 8.5 to 10.3 km/ltr. Have done Mumbai Pune on expressway and got max 14. This is with car in Drive mode and not eco or sports mode.
Kind regards,
Seacat
I recently tried to be more throttle efficient, I am surprised to see 14 kmpl in Bangalore traffic in the afternoon, on eco mode. This is one area moving from the Jetta i do miss.

Wife clicked the pic while i was driving.

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img20200118wa0018.jpg
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 08:51   #475
BHPian

Is it possible to install a "jump seat" in the Tucson's trunk, for the occasional use as a 6-seater, like one can do in the Duster?

Is there a safe provision for it (mount points)? Are such accessories available?
Old 4th February 2020, 10:31   #476
BHPian

^^On further thought, I don't think its possible. Just examined the headroom and it just doesn't make sense to fit a jump seat there. So I wouldn't be surprised if the required support mount points and such an accessory are unavailable.
Old 25th February 2020, 13:15   #477
BHPian

Some warning lights including ABS light lit up this morning. Took the car to the service centre to learn that ABS sensor has gone bad. Part would be changed under warranty but need to wait for 3 days for the part to arrive. I was told that the car could be driven at sane speeds for now. Odo reading is at 11500 km.

From my Google search, this looks like a known issue with Santa Fe’s, not sure how frequently it crops up in case of Tucson.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 25th February 2020 at 13:17.
Old 25th February 2020, 17:09   #478
BHPian

I am in market for a Seltos/Compass and on insistence of my office colleagues I went to see the Tucson but I was less than impressed while compared to Seltos and Compass. The space is more or less the same and the only plus is the engine.

Anything I am missing here?
Old 26th February 2020, 18:26   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
Anything I am missing here?
Did you have a test-drive?

Compass is comparable to Tucson in almost all aspects. It is better in some and not in others.

Seltos is not a competitor to the Tucson, at least not in my books, rather, it can be compared to the Hyundai Creta.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:45   #480
BHPian

Seltos is priced similar to Creta than Tucson. Since they are from the same group, that should be a good hint on what it should be compared to. Of course it has set the bar high and this segment is creeping into the Compass/Tucson segment in terms of features similar to what c-segment sedans did to D segment ones, but there is still some way to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks