Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2020, 17:29   #496
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
After reading some forum threads, I was thinking of using PolicyBazaar/Coverfox to get the quote, but go directly to the insurer's website to get the policy. Is this a good approach?

I read that IDV = 95% of the ex-showroom price for the first year, should I set it to 100%?
Intermediaries/agents generally manage to give you a lower premium than you get with the insurer directly. If you manage to get the lowest premium with the insurer directly, go for it!

The guideline is that cars less than 6 months old can be insured for 95% of the ex-showroom price. I insisted on a IDV of 100% of ex-showroom price, since the dealer was providing the insurance and the amount of the premium was included in the deal. However, since you are buying this yourself, you may wish to save the difference in policy premium by setting it for 95% only. But do go for the Return to Invoice cover to ensure you are fully protected.
kranti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 17:54   #497
BHPian

How do I opt for the "Return to Invoice" cover when purchasing insurance online at policybazaar.com? I don't recall seeing that option there.
Old 18th March 2020, 12:54   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
As per the SA, car will be launched on 17-Mar-2020. Test drives will be available from the day of launch. SA says 15 or so cars will be immediately available, and you can book them now itself (which is what I have done).

I have attached the PDF of the launch brochure given by the dealer as well as the difference between the variants. Expected on-road in Bangalore is INR 31-33L (for 2WT AT Diesel).
Thank you so much for the brochure. So we went to the Hyundai Showroom (Pavan Hyundai) on Saturday and all they said was the vehicle hasn’t come to showrooms yet. They didn’t have the older Tucson on display too.

The SA called today and said the vehicle is expected to be in the showrooms by month end.

May I know which showroom you enquired with. My cousin is looking for the GLS 2WD Diesel.
Old 18th March 2020, 13:03   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Thank you so much for the brochure. So we went to the Hyundai Showroom (Pavan Hyundai) on Saturday and all they said was the vehicle hasn’t come to showrooms yet. They didn’t have the older Tucson on display too.

The SA called today and said the vehicle is expected to be in the showrooms by month end.

May I know which showroom you enquired with. My cousin is looking for the GLS 2WD Diesel.
Yes, sorry I was planning to update but forgot. The SA called up and said that the Tucson launch is postponed due to Coronavirus. Even Creta launch became a "soft launch" as per the SA. He said he will keep me posted on when it is launched, they don't actually have a firm date for it. He actually said that they have the new cars, but since it is not launched, they cannot give a test drive. I'm not sure what this means, but that's what he said.

The SA is from Trident Hyundai. I haven't gone to the branch yet, will go once the test drive vehicles are ready.

I will update here if I get any other news, thanks.
Old 19th March 2020, 19:55   #500
BHPian

Hi Guys - Question - Do any of you experience phone (Samsung Note 10) getting disconnected when connected via usb cord in the Tucson console, i get a message phone not accessible all of a sudden, checking if this is software glitch i need to let my SA know. Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 22:28   #501
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi Guys - Question - Do any of you experience phone (Samsung Note 10) getting disconnected when connected via usb cord in the Tucson console, i get a message phone not accessible all of a sudden, checking if this is software glitch i need to let my SA know. Thanks
Try with another USB cable and see if it happens again.

Is this happening when connecting the mobile to HU for Android Auto/Car Play?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 16:47   #502
BHPian

I have a 2017 Nov GLS 4WD AT run about 20K kms

1) Breaks wear out at about 15K Kms and were covered under warranty
2) I get the balancing and alignment at Tyre Empire every 10K kms
3) 70% used on the highway with an average of 12KMPL and city of 8KMPL due to massive traffic jams as i pass through KR puram and Whitefield in Bangalore.
4) Tire wear has been quite reasonable as i keep getting her balanced and alined every year / 10K
5) At times I do feel the lack of 3rd row

I wouldn't compare the car with the seltos as that is a rebadged Creta. while I was deciding between the Tuscon and the Compass, Jeep hadnt released the 4WD diesel AT yet, I also noticed that while Compass was almost the same dimensions, when I sat in the Tucson the seat felt wider both the front and rear. In addition, their 3 yrs full covered service nailed the deal for me.

In the past 2.5 year the only thing I have paid for is the wheel balancing, pick up drop charges everything has been covered by Hyundai.

Other may have had different experience some good some bad. just thought of sharing mine
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 11:43   #503
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Facing an issue with My Tucson AT door lock button on the drivers side door handle. It will not function when pressed to lock/unlock the car. For guidance, I had changed the key fob battery 2 months ago and all was well.
The door unlocks/locks only with the key fob now.
Has anyone faced this? Some inputs may help.
Regards,
Seacat
Old 9th July 2020, 16:59   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi Guys,
Facing an issue with My Tucson AT door lock button on the drivers side door handle. It will not function when pressed to lock/unlock the car. For guidance, I had changed the key fob battery 2 months ago and all was well.
The door unlocks/locks only with the key fob now.
Has anyone faced this? Some inputs may help.
Regards,
Seacat
It is probably the button itself. It is a little finicky on my car too, and I'd get it checked the next time I'm at the service center.
Also one of my keys needs battery replacement. Did you get it done from Hy or elsewhere?
Old 9th July 2020, 17:22   #505
BHPian

Hi ach1lles, thanks for the quick response. I did replace the battery myself. Quite easy to do and local shops have the battery in stock (CR2032 type)
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 18:23   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
It is probably the button itself. It is a little finicky on my car too, and I'd get it checked the next time I'm at the service center.
Also one of my keys needs battery replacement. Did you get it done from Hy or elsewhere?
Talking of the door lock and opening, have you faced the issue of the car not recognising the key when you walk upto it? I'm facing this issue when sometimes the vehicle does not acknowledge (such as ORVMs not opening and the puddle lights not coming on) and it can't be unlocked from the request sensor but has to be unlocked from the key fob. But after one or two times it becomes normal again. It is more prominent if I'm using the car after few days. Lockdown meant that I was starting the car only in about 7 10 days, and it seems that if you don't unlock it for long, the memory of the key is erased which I don't think is the case here. HASS checked it, but could not find any fault codes as well.

Any pointers from you / members will be much appreciated.
Old 21st September 2020, 12:52   #507
BHPian

Hi,
Yes I too have faced this issue a couple of times. Not sure why though (even when the key fob battery was OK). No clue why this happens. BTW the door lock button started working Ok now :-))) Just cant figure out what on earth was wrong.
regards,
Old 21st September 2020, 13:02   #508
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson :Tyres and other fault issues

Hi Members,
AA ) Just wanted to know if any of you have replaced your original Nexen tires ?
Any good suggestions. Priority is ;
1. Reasonably priced
2. reduced road noise intrusion
3. Ride comfort

BB) Strange issue whilst driving in bumper to bumper traffic:
Bumper to bumper traffic, start stop every 10 secs or so. Got the following alarms on the MFD :
a) Auto Hold-ORANGE colour
b) ASR fault- ORANGE
c) EPB fault- Orange colour
d) Hill Descent-orange colour
e) Gear Indicator-Blank square - normally shows if in Drive/Park etc

Went to Modi Hyundai Service the next day. No fault appears when scanning done. !!!!Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-d6aef978b0ba40388a70c78cb1f675d6.jpg
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:16   #509
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson :Tyres and other fault issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi Members,
AA ) Just wanted to know if any of you have replaced your original Nexen tires ?......

........... Got the following alarms on the MFD :
a) Auto Hold-ORANGE colour
b) ASR fault- ORANGE
c) EPB fault- Orange colour
d) Hill Descent-orange colour
e) Gear Indicator-Blank square - normally shows if in Drive/Park etc
Attachment 2057628
I did change my tyres. However, getting a choice of tyres in the OEM size is a pain and I finally ended up getting 4 Bridgestone Turanza T001s which were readily available in that size.

This was just before lockdown and this has meant that I haven't really put them to use much. But, I did have a sidewall break in only about 100 kms of use in the city only. I'm absolutely sure it was not high speed hit or anything of that nature and I believe it was more of a manufacturing defect. Bridgestone covered 50% cost under warranty at the time of the change of that tyre.

Regarding the errors, did they check the ABS and / or the Wheel speed sensors? I had similar errors flashing and it turned out to be the wheel speed sensors.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 09:42   #510
BHPian

Hi,
Thanks for the inputs. Regards ABS and wheel sensors, this was checked. No issues found.
Now I only need to re-check in heavy traffic if this recurs.
Cheers !!

Most Viewed