Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 14:01   #511
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson :Tyres and other fault issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Talking of the door lock and opening, have you faced the issue of the car not recognising the key when you walk upto it
Can't really recall this ever happening, except maybe when the fob battery was low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi,
BTW the door lock button started working Ok now :-))) Just cant figure out what on earth was wrong.
LOL same. The button's not missing any presses now. Maybe it was just dust or debris that got cleared, or water that dried out.

Quote:
Just wanted to know if any of you have replaced your original Nexen tires ?
Yeah I'm up for a tyre change too, did you ask for a quote on the OEM tyres? I'd prefer to upsize to 235. How's the P4ST?

Quote:
BB) Strange issue whilst driving in bumper to bumper traffic
Yikes, that certainly seems like an electronic failure of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
I finally ended up getting 4 Bridgestone Turanza T001s which were readily available in that size.
What did this set cost you?
Old 27th September 2020, 08:54   #512

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Currently, contemplating between the Tucson and Compass with inclination being towards Tucson. Of course, I like the panoramic sunroof on both. However, have a few questions on the Tucson Sunroof, looking for experience advice from Tucson owners as I haven’t been able to personally go and check it.

1) Is the Tucson Sunroof curtain a translucent one or completely opaque? Does it let the light in when the Sunroof curtain is covered?
2) How is the AC performance with the Sunroof Curtain covered and, in the state, wherein Sunroof curtain is open with the fixed glass roof?
3) Any particular shortcomings of the Tucson Sunroof that you want to share?

Look forward to your responses. Thank you.
mobfest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 18:26   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobfest View Post
Currently, contemplating between the Tucson and Compass with inclination being towards Tucson. Of course, I like the panoramic sunroof on both. However, have a few questions on the Tucson Sunroof, looking for experience advice from Tucson owners as I haven’t been able to personally go and check it.

1) Is the Tucson Sunroof curtain a translucent one or completely opaque? Does it let the light in when the Sunroof curtain is covered?
2) How is the AC performance with the Sunroof Curtain covered and, in the state, wherein Sunroof curtain is open with the fixed glass roof?
3) Any particular shortcomings of the Tucson Sunroof that you want to share?

Look forward to your responses. Thank you.
Bought one absolutely no complaints. Changed oe nexen to pirelli p zero rosso 245 50 r18. Absolutely amazing to drive. Got a ceramic coat from car plus. Looks simply gorgeous.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-20200912_141422.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-20200912_141354.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-20200912_141438.jpg  

Deepu Sharma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 09:15   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Bought one absolutely no complaints. Changed oe nexen to pirelli p zero rosso 245 50 r18. Absolutely amazing to drive. Got a ceramic coat from car plus. Looks simply gorgeous.
Looking awesome. Good choice. So, you are happy with the AC performance with the Fixed glass roof?
mobfest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 09:33   #515
BHPian

Hi,
Congrats!! the car looks "wow" !! Just curious....pirelli p zero rosso 245 50 r18.
Are they a comfortable ride?
Do get a lot of road noise intrusion ?
What did the tyres cost ??

My main 2 gripes are road noise and comfort. ;-)
Regards,
Seacat

Last edited by Sheel : 28th September 2020 at 09:37. Reason: Request you to please proof read your post before submitting them. Thank You.
Old 28th September 2020, 10:13   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Congrats!! the car looks "wow" !! Just curious....pirelli p zero rosso 245 50 r18.
Are they a comfortable ride?
Do get a lot of road noise intrusion ?
What did the tyres cost ??

My main 2 gripes are road noise and comfort. ;-)
Regards,
Seacat
Extremely comfortable no noise and superb ride quality. Cost me 34k in exchange for all 4 tyres.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:15   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobfest View Post
Looking awesome. Good choice. So, you are happy with the AC performance with the Fixed glass roof?
Extremely satisfied with all parameters mentioned. Previously owned 3.2 endeavor. Prefer this over it for comfortable ride quality and peppy engine.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:19   #518
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson :Tyres and other fault issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
What did this set cost you?
As far as I remember, the tyres cost me ~ 13k a piece.
Old 20th October 2020, 08:51   #519

I am thinking of getting the Petrol GLS Tucson in Starry Night colour. Have looked at various cars, compared it with all its rivals but Tucson does seem very good, specially with the added fact that it is a Hyundai so hopefully the service experience should be good.

I currently have a 2009 Fiat Grande Punto Emotion Pack Petrol which I am in love with. While it was running fine till the last few months, it got submerged to a large extent in Gurgaon rains. It still works but reliability has gone for a toss.

What I am looking for is a decently reliable car which can transport four people with ease in comfort and as much luxury which 25-30L can afford. Any inputs would be welcome.
Old 20th October 2020, 11:46   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absingh911 View Post
I am thinking of getting the Petrol GLS Tucson in Starry Night colour.
Any inputs would be welcome.
Hi, fellow T-BHPian, I also recently went through a search and settled on the Tuscon (black, diesel GLS). Just a couple of notes that might be useful:

- currently, delivery time (in Bangalore) is 7-8 weeks for the 2WD GLS. I'm not sure if this is only for diesel or all models. The dealer says that it's because of new quarantine restrictions at Chennai port causing delays in import from Korea.

- dealer was hinting at possible discounts in November, but currently there are no discounts available. I can send you details of the price breakup if you want it.

- dealer was fine if I wanted to take insurance outside. He also promised to give me a discount on the (dealer) insurance if I took it from him. I will know more once the car is allotted to me.

Good luck in your search for a new car. Will give more updates once I get delivery of the car.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 20:56   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
- currently, delivery time (in Bangalore) is 7-8 weeks for the 2WD GLS. I'm not sure if this is only for diesel or all models. The dealer says that it's because of new quarantine restrictions at Chennai port causing delays in import from Korea.
I was told that this is very dependent on color and variant. For example, the color I like (Starry Night) will take much longer but black and white are easily available in 2 weeks or so.

Quote:
I can send you details of the price breakup if you want it.
Would really appreciate that.

I was also told that if I get insurance from dealer than they will offer whatever margin they have as a discount and otherwise I can bring in my own insurance. Do keep us posted as your booking proceeds, I will do the same.
Old 20th October 2020, 22:16   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absingh911 View Post
I was told that this is very dependent on color and variant. For example, the color I like (Starry Night) will take much longer but black and white are easily available in 2 weeks or so.
Looks like different parts of the country have different dates. For me, I was told 7-8 weeks for GLS diesel regardless of colour. (Off-topic: I like Starry night but my wife likes black.. and she wins!).

Price breakup attached. Please note that:

- extended warranty of INR 14798 is not applicable. Instead, we can pick between 3yr/unlimited or 4yr/60k km or 5yr/50k km warranties (as part of the basic cost).

- standard fitment is INR 2250 and not INR 6000.

- Finally, the road tax in Karnataka is high and may not be the same as in Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-tuscon_price_list_sep2020.jpg  

QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 00:10   #523

Quote:
Price breakup attached.
Thanks for those details. Leaving the registration and insurance apart, I have been able to convince the dealer of some discount. While the final cost at delivery applies (depending on what offers are present at that time), but looks like you might be able to get 30k-50k off depending on your negotiation skills.

Quote:
- extended warranty of INR 14798 is not applicable. Instead, we can pick between 3yr/unlimited or 4yr/60k km or 5yr/50k km warranties (as part of the basic cost).
I would be going with the 5 year/50k km warranty. There is an extended warranty available at around 25k rupees which increases the mileage to 1.4 lakh km. I have not checked the details yet though. 3 year Bluelink subscription and 3 year maintenance (including consumables like engine oil) are also included in ex-showroom cost.
Old 27th October 2020, 08:32   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Driving the 2.0L Diesel AT

The 6-speed slushbox is a regular torque converter unit, and I would say it is satisfactory in performance and behaviour. You can't compare it with the DSG or ZF boxes, yet it does the job and no owner will be complaining. The gearshifts are smooth and cannot be felt most of the time. Shifting speed is also decent, and it doesn’t feel slow like some yesteryear Hyundai ATs. Using the manual mode and shifting with the gearstick is not fun though, since there is a distinct lag from the time you tap the shifter to the time the ratio actually changes. Best to keep it in 'auto' mode only. If you put your foot down, the AT holds the gear almost till the redline (4,500 rpm) and then upshifts on its own. What you won't like is the engine note after 4,000 rpm which will make you want to upshift early. It sounds strained, as if it is saying that it has had enough - please upshift! In terms of acceleration, the Tucson is not slow by any means and it certainly picks up speed quickly. But it's no BMW X1, even though it has a similar horsepower rating on paper. The gearbox probably has a big factor to play here as it cannot match the 8-speed on the Bimmer and really sucks up some of the power.

Hi Akshay,

I read the T-Bhp review of the 8 speed-AT on the new Tucson. However, I did not see observations of the 8-speed AT in comparison with the 8-speed Aisin gearbox in the X1. I am sure the latter would be better. But T-Bhp’s views on this aspect will help form a stronger opinion.
Old 29th October 2020, 09:37   #525
BHPian

Hello everyone
My tucson has clocked approximately 46000 kms and the oe nexen tyres will need to be changed in another 4000-5000 kms max. The oe tyre size is 225/55/R18. I wanted to ask can I upsize the tyres to 225/60/R18. Checked on internet and came to know that it will result in speedometer error. I want to know apart from speedometer error what other disadvantages it may have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks