Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2017, 12:01   #196

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower11 View Post
Our SA also mentioned that engine waxing will be done (to prevent rust in the engine block), although I am not sure why that wasn't done during the anti-rust procedure itself before delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Engine waxing is a paid value added service. I doubt it does anything to protect your engine. Ask him if the manufacturer has given them directions to do this? Usually these items are done only at the request of the customer as they are entirely unnecessary, and the only value they add is to the profit of the service center
Okay, turns out that the engine waxing is indeed a paid value added service costing approx. Rs 2.5k (I thought it was free earlier). Not really sure if we should go ahead with it. We do live rather close to the sea with heavy monsoons every year, so needed recommendations on whether it's required.
Old 15th July 2017, 13:23   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower11 View Post
Okay, turns out that the engine waxing is indeed a paid value added service costing approx. Rs 2.5k (I thought it was free earlier). Not really sure if we should go ahead with it. We do live rather close to the sea with heavy monsoons every year, so needed recommendations on whether it's required.
It is absolutely useless, please avoid it.

Get an underbody coating done from 3M if you want.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 18:35   #198
Senior - BHPian

even underbody coatings are of different types - and they offer no guarantee. My car's underbody was rusted and had o be replaced, and when i asked the folks who did the underbody coating about the warranty, they said the warranty was on the coating, and not on the effectiveness, and had the nerve to offer another coating.

Also, another vendor was offering undebody coating, which turned out to be applied on the wheel arches etc, and not on any of the metal bits, so I asked them what's the point of an anti rust coating on plastic. It turned out that the coating was being offered by the vendor for noise reduction, and not anti rust

Similarly, even 3M sales guy (especially the untrained ones) tend to make up fake stuff . I bought a glass polishing treatment for my windscreen, after the sales guy convinced me that it would remove any scratches.After several hours of hard work, and escalating to the workshop owner who was a through gentleman, he admitted that windshield polish is purely cosmetic, and cannot remove any scratches, and gave me a full refund!
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 09:56   #199
BHPian

As far as mileage is concerned im getting around 23 kmpl if driven sedately around 2k RPM (in city in non peak hours). Not able to post a pic here for some reason though I just posted one in the 'milege' thread. 23.4 is what I got recently.
rahul412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 11:08   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
As far as mileage is concerned im getting around 23 kmpl if driven sedately around 2k RPM (in city in non peak hours). Not able to post a pic here for some reason though I just posted one in the 'milege' thread. 23.4 is what I got recently.
Is this the Diesel variant?
Old 16th July 2017, 12:13   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
Is this the Diesel variant?
Sorry forgot to mention its the petrol version.
Old 16th July 2017, 21:34   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Sorry forgot to mention its the petrol version.
Wow!! I have a Petrol variant AMT in Pune. My driving conditions are mostly - in city non peak hours (with a mix of 25% peak hours). 60%non AC and 40% AC. Ive clocked 2400Kms so far, and my mileage is at about 13.5. I've opened a complaint dialogue with Nexa, and the SA is supposed to fix up an appointment next week. 23Km/L for me is like a dream. My driving style isn't aggressive, so I'm slightly surprised with my mileage. Any tips?
vankito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 00:26   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
Wow!! I have a Petrol variant AMT in Pune. My driving conditions are mostly - in city non peak hours (with a mix of 25% peak hours). 60%non AC and 40% AC. Ive clocked 2400Kms so far, and my mileage is at about 13.5. I've opened a complaint dialogue with Nexa, and the SA is supposed to fix up an appointment next week. 23Km/L for me is like a dream. My driving style isn't aggressive, so I'm slightly surprised with my mileage. Any tips?

I personally haven't heard of any petrol cars other than the Tata Nano and Maruti 800 to be giving mileage of more than 20 kmpl in city driving. Even in highways, it's very rare irrespective of ones driving style. And I am sure if a Maruti car doesn't give a 20+ mileage I can't think of any other car to be even coming close to it. With AMT you can reduce 1.5 to 2 kmpl from the manual version. I have driven Alto, Ritz, Swift, Wagon R and Celerio and have never crossed 20 kmpl, so what you are getting is decent numbers. My Celerio gives 15 kmpl in 50% city and 50% highway driving with AC in Delhi NCR. Even in my Diesel Ritz and Brezza I have never got more than 19 kmpl in city driving. All figures are on tankful method and not on the basis of MID display.
Old 17th July 2017, 00:53   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Even in highways, it's very rare irrespective of ones driving style. And I am sure if a Maruti car doesn't give a 20+ mileage I can't think of any other car to be even coming close to it.
I've consistently gotten 21-22 kmpl from my A-star on my regular Chandigarh - Delhi trips with sedate driving and AC on the whole time.
Even in city driving (Chandigarh), I used to get 17-18kmpl consistently with AC on the whole time. Checked via tank method.
It was such a versatile vehicle allowing me to get such great fuel average as well as allowing me to cover Chandigarh-Delhi in just 2 hrs when I stomped the pedal and got lucky with no traffic one morning.

P.S. - My friend also gets 20-21kmpl on his Diesel Vento on his Chandigarh - Delhi trips by driving at 80kmph in the 5th gear.

Last edited by rdst_1 : 17th July 2017 at 00:55.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:11   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I've consistently gotten 21-22 kmpl from my A-star on my regular Chandigarh - Delhi trips with sedate driving and AC on the whole time.
Even in city driving (Chandigarh), I used to get 17-18kmpl consistently with AC on the whole time. Checked via tank method.
It was such a versatile vehicle allowing me to get such great fuel average as well as allowing me to cover Chandigarh-Delhi in just 2 hrs when I stomped the pedal and got lucky with no traffic one morning.

P.S. - My friend also gets 20-21kmpl on his Diesel Vento on his Chandigarh - Delhi trips by driving at 80kmph in the 5th gear.

That's great considering the Celerio was launched in place of A-Star! 17-18 kmpl for city is great. As I said, I get 15 kmpl in Gurgaon- Delhi and return daily commute. In winters without AC I have got a maximum of 16.5 kmpl. For highways, you can still get those numbers with consistent speeds around 80 km/hr, which I can't resist and particularly on Delhi - Chandigarh route with less traffic.

For Diesel cars on highways there is no comparison as I got 20-22 kmpl on highways with Ritz & Swift on single lane highways and 20+ kmpl in Brezza (before crossing 10K km on ODO) from Gurgaon- Dalhousie with speeds around 100 - 110 kmph.
Old 23rd July 2017, 12:14   #206
BHPian

Does anyone have any information regarding the launch of ignis alpha amt, now with baleno cvt alpha launch?
Old 31st July 2017, 16:57   #207
Senior - BHPian

As per the Ignis accessories price list, there is a Kenwood touch screen multimedia (cd+usb+FM+aux+bt) + camera for INR 23990.00

I am planning on booking the Zeta AMT in this week, has anyone got this fitted from Nexa itself?

If yes, please give the pros and cons.

Also, is it worth doing from the showroom itself? I mean from the fit and finish point of view or will they mess up the dash section to create rattles soon.

+1 to Dr. Chernish's query regarding the Alpha AMT launch, has anyone got any information?

Appreciate a response soonest.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2017, 18:27   #208
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Does anyone have any information regarding the launch of ignis alpha amt, now with baleno cvt alpha launch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
+1 to Dr. Chernish's query regarding the Alpha AMT launch, has anyone got any information?
Alpha AMT launched today.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...7-01-lakh.html
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 15:28   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis is adding to Suzuki's list of hits globally, does very well in S Africa,

Old 10th August 2017, 16:55   #210
BHPian

The Indonesian motorshow is on and Suzuki Indomobil has showcased a few concepts of the Ignis, one being the S-Urban Concept. The Ignis has always been marketed as a crossover hatchback. When it was introduced in India earlier in the year, the car featured 180 mm ground clearance, higher than any other hatchback in the segment. Keeping that crossover theme in mind, Suzuki has come up with a rally ready concept based on the Ignis.
It now has a custom off-road bumper which looks very menacing and a new grille, which looks inspired from the XA Alpha concept. The bumper also houses new auxiliary lights now. It has fat plastic cladding all over. The bonnet now receives a new air scoop and the vehicle now has custom off-road tyres. It has also been raised, since the stock vehicle doesn’t have such a high ride height. On top, the car gets a new roof rail and at the back, there is a new bumper which is an off-road spec one. It has a lot of plastic cladding and there is a diffuser on it as well.
While the Ignis does look quite unique and rugged, this one takes it to an all-new level. Maybe Maruti should consider a few of these parts as accessories to bring to the Indian version, like the grille and the extra plastic cladding. Given how we like vehicles that intimidate other road users, this should be successful in doing just that.
As far as engines are concerned, the Ignis there also gets the same 1.2 liter K Series petrol engine that is on sale in the Indian market. It produces 82 Bhp and 113 Nm and comes mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT. This Ignis that is on sale there is made in India and exported from here.

http://www.cartoq.com/ignis-s-urban-...gnis-you-want/

Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-1.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-2.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-3.jpg  

sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed