Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 14:27   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Ignis is a new modern platform for sure, safer, and more efficient and will give less fatigue.

Ignis has 4 cyn engine vs 3 in wagon-r.
Old 5th December 2017, 17:57   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Should I expect major discounts for Ignis as the year comes to a close and Christmas approaches? Also, is the base variant more VFM than delta(All black interiors appreciated)?
For the month of December 2017, Maruti is currently offering a Retail Discount of Rs. 25,000/- for Ignis petrol.
For November this discount was applicable only for Ignis diesel.

Maruti is also offering Rs. 20,000/- as Exchange Bonus.

An Ignis buyer pays approximately Rs. 70K more for Delta variant (over Sigma) to enjoy the following additional features:

Exterior
- Wheel Cover
- Turn Signal on ORVM
- Door Sash Black-Out

Interior
- Dual Tone Dashboard
- Co Driver Vanity Mirror
- Tachometer
- Chrome Accents on AC Louvers

Entertainment
- Audio with FM and CD
- Bluetooth
- USB
- Speakers 2 ( 4 in next higher variant, Zeta also has 2 Tweeters)
- Steering Mounter audio Controls

Comfort and Convenience
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Electronic Adjustable ORVM
- Rear Seat Adjustable Head Restraints
- Rear Seat 60:40 Split
- Rear Power Windows
- Luggage Lamp
- Parcel Tray

Source: Ignis Brochure.

Hope this helps.
Old 5th December 2017, 20:56   #273
BHPian

I've been offered a discount of 25,000/- too. But expected more in the 40,000 range as there is Christmas as well as the year end. Should I wait for the end of the month and then book or 25,000 is the best that they can do? Anyone else getting a better deal anywhere then let me know please. Is it true that NEXA cars cannot be given large discounts as per Maruti instructions?

Last edited by anycatd : 5th December 2017 at 21:11.
Old 5th December 2017, 21:07   #274
BANNED

Quote:
I've been offered a discount of 25,000/- too. But expected more in the 40,000 range as there is Christmas as well as the year end. Should I wait for the end of the month and then book or 25,000 is the best that they can do? Anyone else getting a better deal anywhere then let me know please.
Ignis is not that fast a seller by usual Maruti Standards, so there is very high possibility that you will find 2016 models even in January-Feb. To make sure, just ask for the current stock and its manufacturing date. Unless you are very particular about the Variant+color combo, I would suggest waiting so that you can get discounts higher than current one.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 21:39   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Ignis is not that fast a seller by usual Maruti Standards, so there is very high possibility that you will find 2016 models even in January-Feb. To make sure, just ask for the current stock and its manufacturing date. Unless you are very particular about the Variant+color combo, I would suggest waiting so that you can get discounts higher than current one.
I'm flexible with Delta and Sigma variants. I visited the stockyard and found about 20 Ignis vehicles over there. Tried my best but 25k is all they are offering as discount right now. Should i try again next week before Christmas or after Christmas? I dont want to show them much interest or they would not offer any further discounts.
Old 5th December 2017, 22:19   #276
BANNED

Quote:
I'm flexible with Delta and Sigma variants. I visited the stockyard and found about 20 Ignis vehicles over there. Tried my best but 25k is all they are offering as discount right now. Should i try again next week before Christmas or after Christmas? I dont want to show them much interest or they would not offer any further discounts.
You can try asking for the approx manufacturing month. If its anything more than one month old, rest assured and just tell them to call you if they have any better deals. I'm not sure about the dealer situation in your town, but if you can find another dealer nearby, especially one willing to match the current offer, you can surely get a better deal. Since you may be buying a Sigma variant, I'm sure you would end up putting some accessories in it(it is a bit barebones), they may be more willing to discount accesories such as mats, painting door mirrors, music system etc.
Old 8th December 2017, 07:26   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

The 'eccentric ' Suzuki Ignis takes on Volkswagen's UP!

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 18:16   #278
BHPian

Booked Ignis Zeta version. Red and black dual tone. Planning to take delivery next week. I have few questions:
1. Will upgrading the tyre to 195/15 cause issues with tyre touching the body/suspension?
2. Which is the best tyre to upgrade to keeping comfortable ride quality as the priority?
3. How much can I expect for ecopia tyres as exchange value?

Last edited by SDP : 11th December 2017 at 20:08. Reason: Multiple typos and grammar mistakes. Please proof-read your messages before posting.
shebin is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th December 2017, 20:40   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Booked Ignis Zeta version. Red and black dual tone. Planning to take delivery next week. I have few questions:
1. Will upgrading the tyre to 195/15 cause issues with tyre touching the body/suspension?
2. Which is the best tyre to upgrade to keeping comfortable ride quality as the priority?
3. How much can I expect for ecopia tyres as exchange value?
My recommendations below:
Q1: 195/60R15 should work fine on the Ignis without touching the body/suspension but IMHO the stock tires are decent.
Q2: I would recommend Michelin Primacy 3ST
Q3: If you are exchanging in Bangalore call and check the exchange rates with Millivisions (Krumbigal Rd, Bangalore) or Sai Iyengar And Sons (Lalbagh Road, Bangalore). These two would offer the best rates in my experience.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 11th December 2017 at 20:41.
Old 14th December 2017, 08:56   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Request to owners of Alpha variant,
1. Please take a snap of the location of puddle lamps present on doors and post it.
2. Also post the working, as in a night time snap.

Are they useful?
Old 15th December 2017, 11:22   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Request to owners of Alpha variant,
1. Please take a snap of the location of puddle lamps present on doors and post it.
2. Also post the working, as in a night time snap.

Are they useful?
I have Baleno Zeta and it does come with puddle lamps from factory. Maruti doesn't even mention about them in Brochure .

1. Posted pics
2. Yes, they are useful. I would prefer brighter white led bulbs instead
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20171215_111659.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20171215_111634.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 11:35   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have Baleno Zeta and it does come with puddle lamps from factory. Maruti doesn't even mention about them in Brochure .

1. Posted pics
2. Yes, they are useful. I would prefer brighter white led bulbs instead
Thanks. I was asking about it because I'm planning a retrofit in my Brezza. I did something similar but with much better light intensity in my WagonR. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post3712564
So looking at all possibilities and the decide on which one to procure and start working on.
Old 21st December 2017, 17:11   #283
BHPian

Booking has been done for the past two weeks for a Tinsel blue Delta MT. Still contemplating whether to make the payment and take delivery as the car is already in stock. Will decide in the next week whether to complete the purchase. Just wanted to know if the new Swift will be coming soon enough and whether the price of VXi variant will be within 6.5 lakhs OTR? Getting this Ignis for 5.6 lakhs roughly. Getting a lot of opinions to wait for the swift but maybe it wont be a proper city car to accompany the Brezza that we already own.

The NEXA guys are quoting 29k for the alloys upgrade. I think they're overcharging. Is it possible to order alloys through MGP as a part later on and install it at a local tire shop? They said that we would be given discounts on accessories but now they only offer 500 off which is ridiculous. Won't even get a single accessory free like they used to do in earlier times.
Old 21st December 2017, 18:35   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to know if the new Swift will be coming soon enough and whether the price of VXi variant will be within 6.5 lakhs OTR?
If we go by the speculations going on, new Swift will be launched by the second month of next year.
However, don't go by what your current dealer with whom you booked the Ignis says on the availability of the new Swift. A good salesman who knows how to sell will definitely try to convince you for the Ignis he already has in his stockyard.

Regarding the price, it should be more or less similar to the outgoing model. Maximum 10k or 20k hike across models, if any.

Quote:
Getting a lot of opinions to wait for the swift but maybe it wont be a proper city car to accompany the Brezza that we already own.
Depends upon your criteria for a car to be called as a "city car". Is it the length? The width? Easy Ingress/Egress? Good low end torque? Boot space? or something else. Since both the cars are made from the same platform and shares the same engine, all the above points shouldn't differ much. Ingress and egress can be compared by looking at the International reviews of the new Swift.

If I were you I'd wait for the new Swift unless I can't wait three to four months for the new car or I'm getting some really good discounts on the Ignis.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 21st December 2017 at 18:37.
Old 26th December 2017, 12:26   #285
BHPian

Getting delivery next week. Haven't opted for any accessories. Wanted the alloys but 29k i believe is quoted above normal prices. Do the alloys have any part number in MGP? Currently the plan is to spray paint the wheel caps to black colour.

Last edited by anycatd : 26th December 2017 at 12:28. Reason: deleted repeated question.

Most Viewed