Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2019, 08:30   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Some pics of the light mod that I did for our Ignis!

How the car came! Really too much chrome! Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20181221_103411313_hdr01.jpg

Thankfully it's only on the front end. Both side and rear are like the Swift - the only chrome is on the Suzuki badge. LOL

I first got it wrapped in gloss black at the 3M store here. They actually did a good job. It was really hard and time consuming since the chrome bits are really narrow and with a lot of curves. But the finish wasn't good up close. So, I got it painted. And this is how it looks now. I quite like it.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20190111_080029729_hdr01.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20190111_080026766_hdr01.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20190111_080043660_hdr01.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20190111_080037894_hdr01.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 09:18   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruri Suzuki has begun work on giving the Ignis a mid-cycle update. Production of the current Ignis is reportedly been ended.
Low volumes in January sales figures seem to indicate the same

Quote:
The refreshed Ignis is likely to get the same treatment as the recently updated Baleno. This means a mild design tweak for the bumpers, new-look alloy wheels and subtly updated interiors. Additionally, the Ignis will also get Maruti Suzuki's new SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that made its debut on the Wagon R, and is now also available on the Baleno facelift. Also, just like the refreshed Baleno, Maruti Suzuki is likely to add more features in the lower variants too, especially the stylish LED projector headlamps that are currently available only on the higher variants.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th February 2019 at 09:19.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 13:19   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruri Suzuki has begun work on giving the Ignis a mid-cycle update. Production of the current Ignis is reportedly been ended.
Low volumes in January sales figures seem to indicate the same

Link
While this is good news, I still believe that MSIL should have launched the Ignis as a replacement for it's high selling WagonR, and not the Ritz. It now shares the same platform and with the brand recall that WagonR has, compared to the new gen WagonR, this would have been a really good replacement for the 5 seater version and sold in over 5 digits per month as compared to 4 digits currently, while MSIL could launch the 7 seater Solio/WagonR as next gen Eeco to replace it's Omni/Eeco vehicles.

IIRC, I have read somewhere that the next gen Alto will also be based on the HearTECH platform now. So that means that vehicles based on this platform can be sold at lower rates and not just for Nexa cars, like it has been done with WagonR and now maybe with Alto and Eeco replacements as well.

But, glad to see that they are finally juggling some features and adding a few to make the mid-life update of Ignis. I hope they give those futuristic Toggle Buttons and Auto AC even in lower Variants now with this update. And the Smart Play Studio replaces the cheap looking 2 DIN Audio System of Delta and/or Zeta variants. And please do add Cruise Control as well to Delta and upward variants like in S-Cross and Ciaz. I don't expect the Diesel variants to return with this upgrade, but let's wait and see what MSIL has in store for it's future customers.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 13:57   #439
BHPian

I really wish maruti adds side and curtain airbags to top variant. They can check the market response to additional safety equipment along with giving Ignis a USP which no other maruti can provide..
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 17:13   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I really wish maruti adds side and curtain airbags to top variant. They can check the market response to additional safety equipment along with giving Ignis a USP which no other maruti can provide..
I agree. Currently, I don't see any difference between Swift and Ignis in terms of any feature set, let alone the safety feature. This car is coming from a "premier" brand Nexa and its safety features are supposed to be premier than Swift which comes from the same company. But currently, its the same and there is no differentiation between the two. Probably, difference in safety features could create that gap between these cars.
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 12:04   #441
BHPian

They better provide CVT option, even if cost more. Those who want to buy it will buy it.

Restricting CVT only on Baleno no longer ideal.
Old 9th February 2019, 15:52   #442
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I agree. Currently, I don't see any difference between Swift and Ignis in terms of any feature set, let alone the safety feature. This car is coming from a "premier" brand Nexa and its safety features are supposed to be premier than Swift which comes from the same company. But currently, its the same and there is no differentiation between the two. Probably, difference in safety features could create that gap between these cars.
There is something out there in IGNIS which could actually make a big difference. As per the latest understanding all NEXA cars have SUZUKI TECT body in addition to HEARTECT platform which gives them a stable structure. I know for a usual Maruti customer it may be of no importance, but it does have an impact in actual crash scenarios.
Old 9th February 2019, 16:31   #443
BHPian

MS Ignis is a kind of model as most of them refer as a 'Like it or Hate it' in terms of styling. And personally for me, I liked the model except the rear end.

Any design change in the rear would be a welcoming change.
Sophomore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 18:27   #444
KMT
BHPian

The more I drive our Ignis the more dissapointed I am with the very light build quality, bouncy ride and jerky AMT.

It is used to ferry kids to school daily and a Ritz did the same job earlier. The Ritz felt far more planted, the Ignis is actually a slightly glamourous Wagon R.

It has had two wheelbearing and one shockabsorber changed under warranty so far.

My wife, who drives it 80 kms a day likes the automatic gearbox though! Also, the MID shows a kmpl of 18-19 which is very good.

Last edited by KMT : 9th February 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Typo
KMT is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 19:37   #445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
The more I drive our Ignis the more dissapointed I am with the very light build quality, bouncy ride and jerky AMT.

It is used to ferry kids to school daily and a Ritz did the same job earlier. The Ritz felt far more planted, the Ignis is actually a slightly glamourous Wagon R.
I was having the same thinking (stiff ride, not comfortable) about my Honda City till some time back. My cousin has a Ciaz ZXi+, and it has a very cushioning ride.On his betrothal day, I happened to drive his car for over 400 kms (evening to early morning). I gradually understood what a soft suspension can do to your driving. The drive was so much boring, the corners were taken with less speed, it leans if corners are taken at higher speeds and the braking almost felt like being in a Maruti Omni (nose dive). I now love my city just for the driving pleasure it gives me.
Points to be noted : I have upgraded my tires to 195/60/15 Michelins, 6.5J alloys and I love rev matching downshifts. Many may not understand when I say all these, but I live in Kerala where even the highways have lot of twisties but road surface is smooth mostly.

If you still want to cushion your ride you can increase the tire profile, but may cause increased body roll. As your car is AMT version, I don’t think the above points will ever make sense, I hope the manual gear changes are fun in an AMT
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 03:42   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Some pics of the light mod that I did for our Ignis!
How the car came! Really too much chrome!

Your changes to mask the overdose of chrome are looking good. Can't understand the trend of some manufacturers to overload with chrome and make it look gaudy. The lates Isuzu MUX front grill is another example. Why the hell should they make a rugged SUV look like a pimp??

Last edited by Aditya : 11th February 2019 at 07:55. Reason: Spacing
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 14:35   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

MY19 Maruti Ignis Facelift To Launch On 20th February.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 22:02   #448
BHPian

I just booked a Red Zeta MT version. Just wanted to know if the parking sensors were satisfactory and if people went for a reverse camera which model is a good one.

TIA
Old 20th February 2019, 13:56   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
MY19 Maruti Ignis Facelift To Launch On 20th February.

Link
Any update on this ? I could not find anything on the internet.

Rohan
Old 21st February 2019, 15:46   #450
BHPian

Seems like the new launch is pushed back to 25th Feb.

However the facelift version has been spotted. Seems cosmetically roof rails are coming for the Zeta and Alpha versions.

Source - https://gaadiwaadi.com/2019-maruti-s...tures-revised/
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks