Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2019, 13:59   #481
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
I faced the same in our 2018 April Ignis Alpha Amt and Maruti replaced the Ac compressor under warranty to get rid of it . After replacement the car has been driven more than 5000kms and that whine is absent now .
There was another whine which cropped up after the second service at 5000 km but I was told that it's a typical maruti car trait .
It was a task to make the different service engineers take notice of the different whines and squeaks .
is this whine like a really loud squeak every time the compressor engages? i'm having this squeak coming from the Ac compressor whenever it cuts on or off (sounds a lot like a slipping belt.) guess i'm going to have to send the trooper to have this checked out. BTW mine is a 2018 Alpha which i took delivery of in August.
Old 17th April 2019, 22:30   #482
BHPian

Hello,

Based on the reviews and after TD of various cars, I had gone with the purchase of Ignis Delta AMT. I had booked the car by March and got it delivered today. I was told it is the new 2019. Just checked the Vin and it is Jan 2019 manufactured. From the news and websites like overdrive, it was mentioned that the new Ignis gets reverse sensors and passenger seat belt reminder as standard across all variants. Can anyone please confirm this. The minor facelift came by February mid. Please suggest how to go with this
Old 18th April 2019, 10:56   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_freaky View Post
Hello,

Based on the reviews and after TD of various cars, I had gone with the purchase of Ignis Delta AMT. I had booked the car by March and got it delivered today. I was told it is the new 2019. Just checked the Vin and it is Jan 2019 manufactured. From the news and websites like overdrive, it was mentioned that the new Ignis gets reverse sensors and passenger seat belt reminder as standard across all variants. Can anyone please confirm this. The minor facelift came by February mid. Please suggest how to go with this
I am afraid if yours is a January manufactured model it most likely doesn't have those additional features as its most likely the pre facelift version:(

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the car ? If you got a substantial discount then you can easily add the parking sensors and still would have saved a good amount over the facelift model which would not be sold with any discounts since its 'fresh'.
Old 18th April 2019, 11:44   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the car ? If you got a substantial discount then you can easily add the parking sensors and still would have saved a good amount over the facelift model which would not be sold with any discounts since its 'fresh'.
I booked by mid March 20 for the facelift only, they said the vehicle is in transit. Only regular discount of 15k was given along with 15k exchange bonus. Just spoke to the dealer and he said they have so far not received any facelift models, only a Zeta facelift as a demo has come. Not sure if it's true. But I feel cheated by Maruti and the dealer. They introduced the facelift by Feb and when I get delivery by April, I expect it to be the new model. The reverse sensor could only be a matter of few thousand rupees. But I am losing out on the originality of the vehicle and above all feel duped. If anyone else has taking delivery of Ignis, please share if it was the pre or post facelift model.
Old 18th April 2019, 13:00   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked by mid March 20 for the facelift only, they said the vehicle is in transit. Only regular discount of 15k was given along with 15k exchange bonus. Just spoke to the dealer and he said they have so far not received any facelift models, only a Zeta facelift as a demo has come. Not sure if it's true. But I feel cheated by Maruti and the dealer. They introduced the facelift by Feb and when I get delivery by April, I expect it to be the new model. The reverse sensor could only be a matter of few thousand rupees. But I am losing out on the originality of the vehicle and above all feel duped. If anyone else has taking delivery of Ignis, please share if it was the pre or post facelift model.
Please complain directly to Nexa about this and give a link to this post. This is not acceptable at all.
Old 18th April 2019, 13:15   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Please complain directly to Nexa about this and give a link to this post. This is not acceptable at all.
But I would like to clarify whether the facelift Ignis is already on delivery at other showrooms before I go on with the complaint. Suzuki, this is what happens when you release facelifts like these. Hope others who are purchasing do make the point clear. They are selling pre facelift Ignis 2019 and facelift Ignis 2019s at the same time.
Old 18th April 2019, 15:14   #487
BHPian

Yes do send a complaint to suzuki ASAP. But if you have the car with you do check if there is reverse parking sensors. That should tell you if you have the facelift version. If the dealer has communicated that you are getting the facelift version and since you have booked well after the facelift version was released you should have received the facelift version only.
Old 19th April 2019, 00:04   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Yes do send a complaint to suzuki ASAP. But if you have the car with you do check if there is reverse parking sensors. That should tell you if you have the facelift version. If the dealer has communicated that you are getting the facelift version and since you have booked well after the facelift version was released you should have received the facelift version only.
The reverse sensor is not there. I am sure this is the pre-facelift version. Have to find out if the facelift ones are out on delivery on other showrooms. Will keep all updated. Thanks for the responses.
karthik_freaky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:22   #489
BHPian

Good Day!

The sales team has acknowledged their mistake of delivering a pre facelift Ignis. They said they were unaware of it themselves as the vehicle reached them only last week and Delta being a small upgrade, they didn't notice it. I am not convinced. But the sales rep is asking me not to escalate the issue and that he would be penalised. He is telling that the management has put the blame on him and hence he will try to arrange for the reverse sensor. Though I feel sorry for the sales rep, I am thinking of approaching Suzuki. Sorry if this is all out of topic.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd April 2019 at 22:44. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:47   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Good Day!

Though I feel sorry for the sales rep, I am thinking of approaching Suzuki. Sorry if this is all out of topic.
You can still use it to your leverage by asking them to give you a good amount of discount. If they don't agree or if the discount offered by them is not good enough to compromise for the goof up, then by all means you should complain to Maruti directly.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 22nd April 2019 at 17:49.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 22:18   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Good Day!

The slaves team has acknowledged their mistake of delivering a pre facelift Ignis. They said they were unaware of it themselves as the vehicle reached them only last week and Delta being a small upgrade, they didn't notice it. I am not convinced. But the sales rep is asking me not to escalate the issue and that he would be penalised. He is telling that the management has put the blame on him and hence he will try to arrange for the reverse sensor. Though I feel sorry for the sales rep, I am thinking of approaching Suzuki. Sorry if this is all out of topic.
Sad to hear your fears were confirmed. Definitely demand a discount for giving you an old model. No two ways about it as you were not given the latest models and older models are sold at a substantial discount.
Old 23rd April 2019, 00:09   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Good Day!

The sales team has acknowledged their mistake of delivering a pre facelift .Though I feel sorry for the sales rep, I am thinking of approaching Suzuki. Sorry if this is all out of topic.
Hi Karthik- Which showroom is this and sorry if I have missed this earlier. If the missing items are only reverse parking sensor and missing reminder for passenger seat belt, I would urge you to move on by getting the reverse sensor installed and some goodies from the dealer. I hope these are the only 2 minor upgrades done from the earlier version and not anything else- Please reconfirm. Mistakes do happen and am sure nethier suzuki or the dealer is going to make amends and only the sales person will be penalized. Choice is yours and have a happy and safe miles in the new car
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:42   #493
BHPian

First service done !

Just finished with the first service of my Ignis Zeta MT. So far I have been very happy with the car and I feel confident in putting down some of my experiences with the car so far.

I had a budget of around 6 lakhs and I wanted a manual car mainly because I find AMT gearboxes to be very boring to drive and I use my car just once or twice a week. My dad had a Nissan Micra CVT which had a smooth gearbox but none of the cars in my budget offered CVTs. And the rubber band effect of the CVT used to drive me insane at times when I slammed the accelerator and was greeting with the RPMs going higher and higher but the car maintaining the same speed as before.

I wanted 4 things in the car I would buy - Touchscreen system with Android Auto, Alloy wheels, Good engine, Reliable car as I wanted to keep the car for at least 8 years since my running isn't much.

At a hard budget of 6 lakhs I only had B1 segment cars or I had to get a base variant of B2 segment cars like the Grand i10 or Swift. Since I was buying the car in March I found lots of 2018 models on offer at great discounts so decided to get a 2018 B2 segment car instead.

Buying process

I had shortlisted 3 cars - Hyundai i10 Grand Sportz, Tata Tiago XZ and the Ignis Zeta. The Santro and Wagon R was also on the table but while I liked the Santro it was priced just too close to the i10 which was sold with substantial discounts so I dropped the idea. The Wagon R had oodles of space but I didn't care for the boxy looks and since its just me and my wife we didn't need the extra space on offer so we dropped the Wagon R from shortlist.

I went about buying the car the wrong way actually because I wanted to buy only 2018 model cars to take advantage of the substantial discounts on offer and most of the showrooms near my place didn't have any old stock left. I placed a request on cardeko (yes I know !) and waited for the calls to come through.

Unfortunately while I received calls from from Hyundai (i10 Grand) and Maruti (Ignis) there were no calls from Tata. And while I never asked for I got calls from Datsun asking me to check out their Datsun Go. After a few days I even got a call from Volkswagen for the Polo who told me they had lots of 2018 models at hefty discounts but still no call from Tata.

I tried calling the nearest Tata showroom which was a bit out of the way from me but no response from them so I dropped the Tiago from shortlist.

i10 Grand Sportz

Pros

- Clean design which generally will please anyone.
- Excellent interiors. Definitely the best interiors in my choice of cars.
- The 1.2l kappa engine is a gem of an engine and every bit as good as the Suzuki K12 engine.
- The dealer without bargaining came down to 6.5l all inclusive
- It had everything I wanted except Alloy wheels which can be easily added in future.

Cons

- The price was still 50k above my budget. I knew I could bargain a bit more by dropping the useless accessories but it was still above by budget by a good margin.
- The variant I was looking at (Sportz) missed out on alloy wheels as well as a rear wiper which was something I also wanted as rains in Mumbai are quite heavy at times. The alloy wheels are easy to add aftermarket but the rear wiper not so much
- He had just one model in the 2018 stock which was Passion orange which my wife didn't care for.

Datsun Go and Volkswagen Polo

I also tried both the Datsun Go and the Polo. Dropped both of those from my shortlist immediately after the TD.

The Datsun Go was so cheaply built it was crazy. Felt like a 4 lakh car masquerading as a 6l car. The interiors looked really really cheap. My old 2009 Alto had better quality plastics.

The Polo was waaaaaay out of budget even after the 40k discount and worse I didn't like the car at all. The space inside was cramped both in the front and in the rear. Rear space was shockingly bad. And that 1.0l 3 pot engine felt so out of place in the Polo that the less said about it the better.

Tata Tiago

After all this I had almost settled on the Ignis but a friend who bought the Tiago put me onto his dealer who was very far from my house. He was a good person to deal with but Tata has got to learn to up their service.

I went to the showroom which is an hour and half away and he didn't even offer to give me a test drive. He just told me the price and that was it.

I asked for a TD but he said the car was out and didn't offer to arrange a TD later on either.

Thankfully my neighbor has a Tiago and he offered to let me drive it for an hour at least.

Pros

- Nice spacious interiors for a B1 segment car.
- Solid body. You can just feel the reassuring thud when you close the doors
- Brilliant music system. Crazy good at this segment.
- Excellent stability. I braked hard and the car never lost its composure. Very reassuring to drive the Tiago.
- For a heavy car the mileage is also excellent. Great features on offer too. Except for touchscreen everything I wanted was there in the Tiago.

Cons

- The poor dealer response had already left a bad taste in my mouth.
- The new XZ version had so many nice features removed and only one car was left in the old model which had the extra features but in a colour I didn't like.
- The Tata service center is a few kms from my place.
- Lastly the Tiago engine never appealed to me. Lots of lag at slow speeds and I didn't like the seating position of the Tiago no matter how much I adjusted the seat and steering wheel

Ignis

Finally I asked the Ignis dealer for a TD which was the last car I took a TD

Cons

- I hated the white colour of the Ingis dashboard. Its a dirt magnet and the TD car looked horrible as the SA himself told me they never give the car for wash even once as it would mean less sales :(
- The build quality is so different from the Tiago. You can just see how light the car is compared to the heavily built Tiago.
- The music system is nice with 4 speakers and two tweeters but no match to the Tiago music system.

Pros

- That engine is a gem. It brought a smile to my face even though its no speed demon.
- The tall body design worked wonders for a person of my height. I just loved the driver seat position and it felt comfortable to drive the car
- Easy ingress and egress
- Aside from the touchscreen it had everything I wanted
- I loved the Ignis Ruby red colour and that was also in stock

Ultimately at the end of the day a combination of the relaxed driving position and that wonder K12 engine won me over. It was a blast driving the Ignis. In traffic the minimal lag and light steering made the Ignis a breeze to drive. On an open road the Ignis has no problems being pushed hard and I had a nice big smile on my face after the TD.

Without bargaining he quoted me 6.3 lakhs but I bargained hard with the SA and he finally agreed for 6 lakhs since my car was a Sept 2018 manufactured model. Only the accessory bundle I didn't get but the SA gave me floor mats and mud flaps on delivery.

So far I have done around 1000 kms and my feedback is as follows

Some of the positives are -

- Fantastic engine.
- Very nice AC. Cools the car in minutes. None of my earlier Maruti cars had good ACs.
- Nice gearbox. Makes for a fun drive.
- Music system is decent. No complaints
- Suzuki's excellent after sales service makes for peace of mind. I get regular calls to book my service and after the service got a feedback call to make sure everything went off smoothly.
- The last positive is rather silly but I love the keyless start. I would have preferred to have a touchscreen system over a push button start but starting the car with the key in my pocket wasn't something I ever expected to find in a low budget car

Some negatives

- I am missing the touchscreen system. I use my phone for navigation but its not as nice as having a proper touch screen system.
- No rear camera which I feel is a must especially in a city like Mumbai where parking in tight places happens regularly. Ill add one after all the free services. So far I haven't had any issues relying on the parking sensors but having a camera is a much better solution IMO.
- Poor safety. There is no two ways around it. The car is definitely not as well built as say a Tata Tiago that is actually a full segment below the Ignis. With two airbags, ABS and other safety features I do fell safe in the Ignis but when I sat in the Tiago I felt much more confident.
- No return to center. Its most irritating to have to manually move the steering wheel to the center after a full U turn.

But all in all very happy so far with the Ignis.
bf1983 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 14:31   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
If they don't agree or if the discount offered by them is not good enough to compromise for the goof up, then by all means you should complain to Maruti directly.
Quote:
Sad to hear your fears were confirmed. Definitely demand a discount for giving you an old model.
Have asked the dealership to come up with a proposal. But their branch head has still not contacted me and heard is blaming the sales rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi Karthik- Which showroom is this and sorry if I have missed this earlier. If the missing items are only reverse parking sensor
It's the Chennai OMR showroom. I have confirmed that the only changes in Sigma and Delta are the Passenger seat belt warning and reverse sensors. While Zeta and Alpha get roof rails added along with these. Hope other bhpians are careful during this transition period of Maruti Suzuki. They have also launched facelifted Alto to adhere with the new government safety regulations. So these mishaps can happen everywhere. I feel bad for the rep, so have given him two days to sort it out. But no way I would accept a lapse like this from the dealer or Maruti Suzuki. It is not about the cost, it is about owning up to their mistake and how much effort they put in sorting it out for the customer.
Old 25th April 2019, 18:38   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have asked the dealership to come up with a proposal.
There is difference in ex-showroom price of new and pre-facelift Ignis. So apart from any additional discounts you are able to manage,do make sure you get the difference amount too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks