Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 23:03   #616
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Swapped the Tyres from JTP (185/60/15) with Ignis .
Wow ! The rear looks more proportionate now. If possible, please post a straight rear end pic of Ignis. I want to compare those 185 shoes with stock ones and how it looks from behind.

And what about warranty ?
Old 1st October 2020, 20:54   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
On Ignis Zeta, its 35k (15k Cash Discount, 5k Corporate, 15k Exchange Bonus.)

Also, look at Ignis Zeta (Rs. 6.05 lakhs) instead of Delta (Rs. 5.74 lakhs). For 31k additional premium, you get following features,

Fog Lamps
Front Grille with Chrome Accents
Alloy Wheels
Voice Command
Smartplay Infotainment System
In-Built Navigation
Push Button Start/Stop
Electrically Folding ORVMs
Rear Defogger & Wiper

Above features make the Zeta VFM compared to Delta.
I am also enquiring about the Ignis (Chennai Nexa showrooms).

1) On the standard accessories - Attached the basic accessories breakup. The floor mat, side cladding especially seem costlier than options in amazon. They actually charge for the customer docket!!!

2) Discounts - I am offered a flat discount of Rs. 20,000 across variants. Plan to check with other dealers too. My current employer is not in their "corporate discounts" list, does anybody know what it takes to get on that list? Is it better to wait it out till December? Any thoughts?

3) Pricing breakup - Sigma variant ex-showroom price with the dealer differs from what is there on the official site. 5,24,871 (quoted) vs 4,89,320 on the website. I am told the website is not updated! I am also now told that a basic pioneer audio system and rear camera are offered as part of Sigma - the dealer called it Sigma Plus. That might explain the difference. Upgrade of this basic audio system in Sigma to the Zeta variant's 4 speakers + 2 tweeters, with Android and Apple Car Play costs Rs 20,000, but would not have steering mounted controls.

Assuming I go for this upgrade in Sigma, I am now split between the meatier Sigma ( 5.9 lakhs + 20K =6.1 on the road vs Zeta - all goodies at 7L on the road. That is a huge list of items for 90k to think over - The delta for me does not seem to make sense anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-basicaccessories.png  

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2020 at 07:43. Reason: No more than 2 smileys / post please
Old 4th October 2020, 02:25   #618
BHPian

Can we fix camera in Zeta variant?
Looking for a second car for my father; AMT, Reverse camera and tallboy structure being primary requirements. I am also considering the Wagon R, but that car also doesn't have rear camera.
Old 4th October 2020, 07:44   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
Looking for a second car for my father; AMT, Reverse camera and tallboy structure being primary requirements. I am also considering the Wagon R, but that car also doesn't have rear camera.
I am Pretty sure the showroom staff should be able to fit it, I had similar experience with my Celerio where officially reverse parking camera was not an accessory for ZXI(O) variant but they retrofitted it as body panels are same across the variants.

With that point if you are considering WagonR then you can consider Celerio too, it is not billed as tallboy but has that tallboy proportions, has AMt and Reverse Camera can be fitted at OEM, plus has better interiors over WagonR.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 10:44   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can do it. I've done it in my Zeta. A type of camera is available which replaces the number plate light cover and gets fixed there. No drilling required. Cables are routed through the bonnet door holes which are already there. You have to connect it to the AV input and the switching signal from the reversing light.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 18:57   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Yes you can do it. I've done it in my Zeta. A type of camera is available which replaces the number plate light cover and gets fixed there. No drilling required. Cables are routed through the bonnet door holes which are already there. You have to connect it to the AV input and the switching signal from the reversing light.
Can you share the part number if possible? Also just to confirm; is your car 2020 Ignis Zeta(with factory head unit) variant?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th October 2020 at 23:29. Reason: Typos
Old 4th October 2020, 22:13   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Can hou share the part number if possible? Also just to confirm; is your car 2020 Ignis zeta(with factory head unit) variant?
Sorry! I don't know the part number. Mine is a 2018 Zeta. I installed a Sony XAV 100 HU after purchase and I connected the reverse camera to this. The camera is manufactured by Minda and was sourced by local car accessory dealer.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 09:41   #623
BHPian

This is the one which was used in my cousin's Ignis delta(Feb 2020) variant. It was fitted with pioneer mvh g219bt.
Quote:
Can you share the part number if possible? Also just to confirm; is your car 2020 Ignis Zeta(with factory head unit) variant?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20201005_093740.jpg  

Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 20:32   #624
BHPian

Took delivery of my First "own" car, a July manufactured Ignis Alpha in Glistening Grey shade:

First look:

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201017wa0028.jpg

Thankfully paint was relatively swirl free

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0050.jpg

The keys had loads of swirls, noticed this post delivery:

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0052.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201017wa0032.jpg

90 km on ODO at the time of delivery:

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0051.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0061.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0063.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0064.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0065.jpg

Got these mats as freebies:

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0066.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0067.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0068.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0069.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0070.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0071.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0072.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0073.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0074.jpg

Yep, had IJL lamps

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0075.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0076.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0077.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0078.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20201018wa0081.jpg
baby_antu is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:20   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Swapped the Tyres from JTP (185/60/15) with Ignis .
And got a new set of tyres (195/55/15) for the JTP .
OT: Hey Mi10, Is that Gurubaran's detailing centre in Nanganallur I'm seeing in the background? I'm from that locality, and if you're also from that locality, would love to catch up sometime, and meet the JTP once. I don't have a PM yet, so I hope you don't mind me contacting you once I get a PM facility.

Mods please feel free to delete the OT if it's inappropriate.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 13:56   #626
BHPian

I have short listed the ignis alpha AMT for my wife and waiting for Jan 2021 to book the car unless I get some juicy discount in Dec. It seems unlikely though as most dealers don't have any AMTs in their stocks. Current offer is 20k cash discount and 5K corporate discount.

Not sure if MSIL will offer the ignis with a CVT like they are doing in UK.

We did consider Polo Highline plus AT but no discounts, very old interiors, claustrophobic cabin, lack of features for the price, low slung making ingress and egress for elders made my wife veto it though I would have picked it up eyes closed for the build quality, ride and handling, TC and turbo petrol engine..

The other option was jazz CVT with a lot of discount but my wife felt it as too big for her comfort. i10 Nios - ruled out due to 2 star safety and for being expensive by a lakh.
Old 24th November 2020, 15:13   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Not sure if MSIL will offer the ignis with a CVT like they are doing in UK.
At least for now, I don't feel MSIL will invest in bringing the CVT here. AMTs are more or less accepted in the hatchback segments in our market thanks to the economical gains they bring. Overall the Ignis is a good package anyway even with the AMT. Given the lowly sales numbers the car brings for Maruti, little chance that the head honchos at Maruti will opt for further spending into bringing a CVT.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 15:32   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
At least for now, I don't feel MSIL will invest in bringing the CVT here. AMTs are more or less accepted in the hatchback segments in our market thanks to the economical gains they bring. Overall the Ignis is a good package anyway even with the AMT. Given the lowly sales numbers the car brings for Maruti, little chance that the head honchos at Maruti will opt for further spending into bringing a CVT.
I also think so and unfortunately this segment will only have AMTs and CVTs/TC for premium hatches. My test drive with Ignis AMT and after my drives with my friends celerio AMT, I realized that Maruti AMTs seem better tuned than XUV AMT and manual mode more fun on the Marutis. Wish Maruti had tuned the EPS better like the way it is in Swift.

First thing I intend to upgrade are the tyres from stock to 185/60 or 195/60. More inclined towards 195/60 as I guess it will give a better ride due to slightly longer side wall and the prospect of getting a Michelin Primacy P4STs over XM2+ in the 185s
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 23:01   #629
BHPian

Brought home a used 2019 Ignis Delta AMT for my wife. This is my first automatic ownership. Armed with theoretical knowledge of AMTs from TBHP, it took only few kms to understand how AMT behaves. Once I got hold of how AMT works, car became a hoot to drive. I already own an Ecosport 1.5D, and this chap felt even peppier in city. So far fuel efficiency as per MID is around 16Kmpl purely inside city, from moderate to dense traffic.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-tbhp_ignis_reduced.jpg

On the AMT: I used manual mode on those empty stretches, and auto on traffic conditions. Once one understands how AMT behaves, I strongly believe taming it to one's advantage is a breeze. I too hated the head nod during the initial few KMs, but once I understood how/when the head nods, I let go of the accelerator and gave the AMT a second to shift properly. I drove in heavy traffic yesterday and today, and came home without any fatigue and with most of my peace of mind. Reinforcing the matter, even my wife said that she has never see my drive so peacefully in traffic, as I detest driving in traffic from the very depths of my heart.

So yeah, I'm a convert and our next car would be an automatic.

Things planned so far: Floor mats, and tyre upgrade early next year.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:27   #630
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Brought home a used 2019 Ignis Delta AMT for my wife. This is my first automatic ownership.

On the AMT: I used manual mode on those empty stretches, and auto on traffic conditions. Once one understands how AMT behaves, I strongly believe taming it to one's advantage is a breeze. I too hated the head nod during the initial few KMs, but once I understood how/when the head nods, I let go of the accelerator and gave the AMT a second to shift properly. I drove in heavy traffic yesterday and today, and came home without any fatigue and with most of my peace of mind. Reinforcing the matter, even my wife said that she has never see my drive so peacefully in traffic, as I detest driving in traffic from the very depths of my heart.

So yeah, I'm a convert and our next car would be an automatic.

Things planned so far: Floor mats, and tyre upgrade early next year.

Cheers!
Many congratulations on owning this car. We have the same delta AMT as a beater car. Nothing can beat this car . I thoroughly enjoy driving this inside city limits. As mentioned in various reviews AMT isn't as bad as written about. It's a good box for sure.

For highway drives fatigue sets in owing to soft stock seats of Ignis as compared to my Punto for those long hauls. Once did a Trichy-Chennai and back with Ignis. Mileage was stupendous but drive was quite tiring to our family as compared to Punto. Similar situation you may see with Ecosport and Ignis too. However mods can be done to harden seats a bit. Excellent car Ignis is.

And be gentle on man holes/bumps in roads as compared to Ecopsort. AMT engine components sits lower in height than MT in ignis engine bay is what service adviser said me. Don't know if it's true. Anyway be cautious.
Our experience is here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4720067 (Maruti Ignis : Official Review)

Last edited by KPR : 30th November 2020 at 11:31.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks