Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2022, 02:46   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesh.92 View Post
Are you sure it's 17.3 in the city and not 13.7? AFAIK, this is an unrealistic figure. My Zeta petrol MT will turn 4 in June this year and the max it has returned in Pune city is 13 even with a light foot. On highways it easily returns 20-22 if you maintain a speed of 90-100 km/h. As for the steering, I feel it starts to weigh up post 100 km/h.
I guess it would depend on the city and traffic?

I used a new Ignis MT (<6 months, <1000kms old) for about a month in Delhi recently. Majorly stop and go traffic, speeds below 50 kmph, AC ~50%. Max FE I saw on the MID was 15.4 kmpl. Even if we assume it is off the mark by 1-1.5 kmpl, that’s still about 14 kmpl. So, 15+ kmpl is certainly not unachievable.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 01:13   #752
BHPian

Ignis has this gear shift indicator which I diligently follow and I always use the tankful to tankful method and hence in the city with traffic around 8.30 am when I go to my hospital and after 6pm when I return from hospital, this is the mileage I have got. The highway travels were with 3 adults and the luggage I have previously mentioned.

Apart from the gear shift indicator I use my experience as well as the engine speed to change gears and I have always been the sole driver without a heavy left or right foot. The only place where my mileage drops is at extended period of time red lights with AC on all the time. This is just for the skepticism surrounded with my mileage figure.

I do really enjoy my Ignis Alpha and it's although only 2 months old, I am completely in love with my new car and adhere strictly to the maintenance schedule

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 5th May 2022 at 01:14.
ultimatechamp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 08:34   #753
BHPian

How is the Ignis Zeta when compared to the Swift VXi or Soft ZXi?
The Ignis seems to have a poorer efficiency, but has better equipment and a better (higher) driving position compared to Swift. It also seems safer, with 3 stars GNCAP vs 2 Stars for Swift.
Is there anything else that I missed out?
How is the long term feedback for the car?
Is the Ignis AMT good enough for Parents who primarily drive in the City?
Old 7th May 2022, 09:39   #754
BHPian

Ignis is the perfect city car. Gives decent mileage and is very nimble. When compared to a swift it feels more airy. Also, it would be more suitable for your parents with its practicality and easy ingress. Ignis Zeta is the best VFM car now in the Maruti stable. If the rear looks are okay with you, you can go for it, eyes shut.
Joelinf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 11:22   #755
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

As I picked up my Ignis Delta couple of days ago, I have certain queries if anyone could help me out with.

1. I used to drive a Punto Evo in which all the power window switches were illuminated. In the Ignis, only the drivers side switch is illuminated. Is it possible to just swap the other power window switches with the drivers side one so that it also gets the inbuilt light or is the light soldered to the specific drivers side of the PCB?

2. Is it possible to Install puddle lamps which comes in higher variants. Any idea if the wiring is present. I could see that the cutout in the door panel is already there.

3. I plan to install Valeo fog lamps. Is the relay and wiring for the same available separately from MGP or do I need to go the aftermarket route? The only other option would be to get the MGP fog lamps for 4.5k and then swap the reflector unit.

4. The steering feel is absolutely hideous (I knew before I bought the car). A slight touch to the wheel and the direction changes. Can anything be done? Does it recalibrate or is changing the tyres the only solution?

Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 21:27   #756
BHPian

I have an Ignis delta. Puddle lamps can be installed. I have installed them in my Ignis. I swapped the regular bulbs to LED ones. Looks cool at night and adds to the convenience factor as well. The wiring is not present. You will have to get the wiring and the lamps. I ordered them from boodmo.
Joelinf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 21:50   #757
BHPian

1) What kind of fuel efficiency figures are you getting with AMT in city and on highway?

2) Is it possible to install rear camera on the Zeta variant without getting any panel removed/drilling in bumpers?
Old 7th May 2022, 22:05   #758
BHPian

Yes. Camera can be installed without drilling. There is a provision above the number plate.
Joelinf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 06:35   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelinf View Post
I have an Ignis delta. Puddle lamps can be installed. I have installed them in my Ignis.
Nice. Can you share the snaps of the finished work as well as the part numbers of the wiring harness? Also let us know from where the wiring was tapped.
Old 8th May 2022, 08:15   #760
BHPian

I shopped the necessary items and got them installed by an electrician as I am a noob for DIY stuff. So I don't know from where it was tapped. The part no of wiring is 36826M68P00 and the lamp assembly is 3621054G30. Costs 380 and 848 rupees respectively for a pair of them. Will share the snaps tonight.
Joelinf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 19:31   #761
BHPian

Quote:
I shopped the necessary items and got them installed by an electrician as I am a noob for DIY stuff. So I don't know from where it was tapped. The part no of wiring is 36826M68P00 and the lamp assembly is 3621054G30. Costs 380 and 848 rupees respectively for a pair of them. Will share the snaps tonight.
Here are a few snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis-puddle-lamp-1.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis-puddle-lamp-2.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis-puddle-lamp-3.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis-puddle-lamp-4.jpg  

Joelinf is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 23:27   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Here are a few snaps.
Thank you so much. It looks great. I also just placed the order from boodmo for these parts. Hopefully should arrive soon.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 23:25   #763
BHPian

Some update fellas. Finally got new wheels. They are inforged volk racing replicas 8J rims with Yoko S Drives with size 205/55 R15.

Also got the puddle lamps installed, with blaupunkt 9x Pro Led's in the headlamps, as well as Hertz Uno K165 components in the front. Shifted the existing stock speaker to the rear and it nicely fills the sound back there.

During wheel installation, I was slightly hesitant of the size but once installed, I was really happy with the outcome. I am sure some people will think why this size but then YOLO .

Also, post the fitting of new wheels and wider tyres, I don't know how but the fuel efficiency has gone up . Do check the screenshot. Possible variations due to decrease in fuel price could be a factor as well. Haha.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220530_192823.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220530_185551.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220530_184517.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220530_184525.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-screenshot_20220605162721_fuelio.jpg  

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 5th June 2022 at 23:27.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 20:12   #764
BHPian

Good job done with those oversized 205 tyres and wheel . Looks fab. I just want to know whether they foul inside the wheel well, on complete turning the steering wheel from end to end ? Also with a traditional stiffer suspension on Ignis, how is the ride quality with wider shoes ?
ultimatechamp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 15:51   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Good job done with those oversized 205 tyres and wheel . Looks fab. I just want to know whether they foul inside the wheel well, on complete turning the steering wheel from end to end ? Also with a traditional stiffer suspension on Ignis, how is the ride quality with wider shoes ?
Thank you. There is a very slight fouling with the front wheel cladding just behind the bumper. I guess with some running, the same should be sorted as it's in millimeters.

I am keeping the tire pressures at 32Psi and the ride quality hasn't changed much from stock.

Lastly, to all ignis owners, I recently installed Blaupunkt 9x Pro H4 Leds in the headlights and its a world of difference. Although I never prefer 6000k + lights but had no other option as the stock ones were extremely bad. I would actually consider them dangerous ( halogen ones).

I am soon to get proper projectors and HID's for the fog lamps. Will keep you posted. Do please share if anyone of you have installed the same.

Cheers

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 11th June 2022 at 15:55. Reason: Added more information
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks