Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 15:33   #781
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post

I've been facing this issue since 2018 and around 8k on the ODO. Now I always let the engine warm up for a minute before engaging 'D/R' mode. The ECU lowers the revs after 40 seconds. I wait for a bit longer. This certainly helps and I barely notice any jerks after that.

Mind you, this is specifically about cold starts. I've never faced any jerks/ abnormal lag under normal driving conditions. Currently the ODO is at 30k+.
Many thanks for pointing to the right thread. Got some tips to try out. Like you, even for me, the issue has been only with the cold starts. Nearly 27K on the ODO, I am pretty happy with Ignis otherwise.
Old 20th August 2022, 23:27   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas81 View Post
A few visual add-ons and I am in love with the white & red combination. Tyres are 195/60.
How are the 195/60s holding up now? Don't they bulge out quite a lot, possibly putting more pressure on the sidewalls since the rim is only 5J, less than the minimum recommended for 195?
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:36   #783
BHPian

Hello Ignis owners. I am looking for a nice little city car and Ignis fits the bill perfectly. I love it’s looks too. I am about to pay the booking amount but I chanced an article and probably a video too that there are plans to launch the Ignis with the dual jet engine from the Swift and baleno. Specifically K12N. Is there any truth to these reports? Nexa advisors are understandably non communicative as they want an Ignis added to their sales number. Honestly there won’t be a night and day difference but I will happily wait and buy an Ignis with the new dual jet engine.
Old 23rd August 2022, 07:54   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingpistonz View Post
Hello Ignis owners. I am looking for a nice little city car and Ignis fits the bill perfectly. I love it’s looks too. I am about to pay the booking amount but I chanced an article and probably a video too that there are plans to launch the Ignis with the dual jet engine from the Swift and baleno. Specifically K12N. Is there any truth to these reports? Nexa advisors are understandably non communicative as they want an Ignis added to their sales number. Honestly there won’t be a night and day difference but I will happily wait and buy an Ignis with the new dual jet engine.
You better wait and get the updated Ignis as the dual jet engine will be launched in the forthcoming months.
Old 28th August 2022, 09:05   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I chanced an article and probably a video too that there are plans to launch the Ignis with the dual jet engine from the Swift and baleno. Specifically K12N. Is there any truth to these reports?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelinf View Post
You better wait and get the updated Ignis as the dual jet engine will be launched in the forthcoming months.
I have also heard similar rumors. I would recommend to wait based on a time boxed manner until mid-October or for officially teasers to come in before that if any. The advantage would be two fold - one you could opt for the newer model. If they price it too high, then u could pick up the older model at higher discounts. Do be aware that Maruti will certainly price the newer model higher than the the outgoing model for sure.
Old 28th August 2022, 10:53   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
I've been facing this issue since 2018 and around 8k on the ODO. Now I always let the engine warm up for a minute before engaging 'D/R' mode. The ECU lowers the revs after 40 seconds. I wait for a bit longer. This certainly helps and I barely notice any jerks after that.

Mind you, this is specifically about cold starts. I've never faced any jerks/ abnormal lag under normal driving conditions. Currently the ODO is at 30k+.
This worked like a charm. Thanks. Immediately after the cold start, the RPM was hovering around 1500 and 40-50 secs later dropped below 1000 and settled. I could also observe the engine noise stabilizing. When I moved the car after this, no jerks.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:12   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have also heard similar rumors. I would recommend to wait based on a time boxed manner until mid-October or for officially teasers to come in before that if any. The advantage would be two fold - one you could opt for the newer model. If they price it too high, then u could pick up the older model at higher discounts. Do be aware that Maruti will certainly price the newer model higher than the the outgoing model for sure.
Currently Nexa is giving discount of 50K for Ignis MT but no discount for AGS.
I understand that they are clearing all MT stocks and are manufacturing AGS only on orders. I may be wrong. But logically they may come out with Dual jet engine or they may even phase out the Ignis as it is not giving any traction in terms of sales to MSL.
Old 30th August 2022, 19:23   #788
BHPian

I have a 2017 Maruti Ignis Alpha Petrol MT, 26000 kms on odo. Recently in last one month, i face following problems
1. Clutch release is not smooth, i get traction at end of the clutch travel.
2. Clutch release is smooth, but clutch press is hard and feel something in its way mid way.

I gave it for service at Varun Motors at Rajankunte, Bangalore. Service advisor dodged the problem and delivered the vehicle without addressing the issue. By the way, be cautious going to Varun motors, over charge compared to other dealerships. Normal service charge came to Rs 12,000 with one coat wax polish as per my request.

Coming back to the clutch issue, i kept confronting the service advisor why issue was addressed or no improvement seen, he said clutch needs to be replaced.

Being a Maruti owner in past for 2014 Alto k10, 2015 Ertiga and 2008 WagonR. All of them still in use and never had to touch clutch so far. This is disappointing for me. It is hard to believe. I drive as i drive my other cars moderate and avoid peak hour traffic, thanks to WFH.

Do anyone face the above clutch failure below 30,000 kms? Any recommendation for Maruti service in north Bangalore? How can i approach Maruti to raise a compliant? Any help is appreciated
Old 31st August 2022, 11:07   #789
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest that you go ahead and buy the current one. The current one is available on discounts too. Then Dual jet version is not as good as the current one(I have driven both versions in a Swift) and only marginal increase in fuel efficiency(~1-2kmpl). Further rumored dual jet version of Ignis will cost more too!

So in my opinion if you want the Ignis; now is a very good time to buy it.
Old 31st August 2022, 15:21   #790

Greetings,
I wanted to know if the Delta variant of Ignis (BS6) haves wires for the tweeters already in place. The Delta variant only comes with 2 speakers in front. My plan is to add retrofit the stock speakers and tweeters from Alpha/Zeta to it. I know that there are wires that are already in place for the rear speakers but was unable to find any information on adding tweeters. I don't want to void my warranty by running new cables/cutting the existing ones. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:07   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtron12 View Post
Greetings,
My plan is to add retrofit the stock speakers and tweeters from Alpha/Zeta to it. I know that there are wires that are already in place for the rear speakers but was unable to find any information on adding tweeters. I don't want to void my warranty by running new cables/cutting the existing ones. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!
Why would you want to add on stock speakers? Those are just bare basic ones. I replaced a 6 speaker stock setup on my S cross with some Alpine components upfront and alpine coaxials on d rear. The components alone would make them sound way better.

Now Nexa themselves provide hertz and some other audio upgrade options. Go for them if you are worried about warranty issues.
revintup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:11   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Why would you want to add on stock speakers? Those are just bare basic ones. I replaced a 6 speaker stock setup on my S cross with some Alpine components upfront and alpine coaxials on d rear. The components alone would make them sound way better.

Now Nexa themselves provide hertz and some other audio upgrade options. Go for them if you are worried about warranty issues.
Thank you for your reply. That was my plan initially but I'm on a budget restraint. Also I read somewhere that the HU given in the delta variant might not be powerful enough to drive such high end speakers to it's full potential. I might change it down the road if I find to be lacking in quality but for now the stock ones would have to do as the dealership called me yesterday and I gave them the go ahead to add them to my car.
Old 6th September 2022, 23:43   #793

Quote:
Do anyone face the above clutch failure below 30,000 kms? Any recommendation for Maruti service in north Bangalore? How can i approach Maruti to raise a complaint? Any help is appreciated
I thought this was a problem specific to our car. We bought an Ignis Alpha in October 2021. From the date of delivery, I had doubts regarding its clutch. I only had the chance to drive the Test Drive vehicle for approximately 4 kilometers, and it had a smoother clutch. The clutch on ours was pretty hard, and you could feel it immediately. It has become clumsy to change gears due to the clutch engagement being rough.

Despite raising this issue with my SA, he told me that since the clutch does not come with a warranty, they cannot do anything about it. Although wear & tear components cannot be covered under warranty, which door should we approach since this is a manufacturing defect? Additionally, he told me that even if we replace the clutch, we cannot guarantee that the new clutch will not have the same issue.

This will add more strain to the technicians since there is no guarantee that it won't be the same as before. As well, I addressed this issue at the third service, and they are telling me that I should have told them before the first service. Is there really a difference between the two? More than 10k kilometers had been logged on our car. Also, I would like to know what can be done to resolve this problem.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th September 2022 at 23:56. Reason: Fixed quotes and spacing.
Old 18th September 2022, 20:38   #794
BHPian

Is it possible to replace the white interior body parts in ignis (zeta/delta/alpha) ags variants ? I am planning to replace my 2007 swift with an ignis alpha ags, but don't like the white body parts. Please share any information on this possibility.
Old 26th September 2022, 10:19   #795
Senior - BHPian

We are on the look out for a smaller car for school runabouts and tentatively narrowed it down to Ignis AMT Is this the right time to make a purchase or is any facelift expected ?

Nexa say no discounts for AMT and 2month waiting period since production is stopped and it is on order

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks