Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 08:46   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That's really amusing to note. The review of Ignis from UK states the steering feel as almost like what we have in India.

And I love Fiesta' EPS unit. Guess we both are looking for different things here.
We both have a different way of how we perceive a particular steering set up. What it is in absolute terms is not relevant.

What I prefer/like is different from yours.

On this little car:

From TG India:
A light but direct steering

From Caradvice:
The Suzuki’s rack-and-pinion steering is quick from centre but also a touch too resistant (or heavy) at low speeds

From Carsguide:
it steers perfectly adequately

Etc. etc. If I have said it a dozen times on this forum, I will say it a thousand times more: never believe the Internet!

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 4th May 2017 at 08:51.
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 10:53   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Even lower variants of Swift with relatively narrow rubber (compared to stock Ignis) give a better feel through the steering wheel at city speeds.
Completely agree on this. Coming from a Swift VXi, I experienced the same while test driving Ignis. But Maruti may not go back to the "Swift" kind of steering experience hereafter, as the feather light (and very very "disconnected") steering wheel of Hyundai i10 and i20 attracted a lot of urban buyers. And "urbanization" drives the car sales in India.

I like heavy steering, my Swift was amply providing that earlier, and a recent tyre change added to that.
Old 7th May 2017, 23:37   #108
BHPian

I am expected to take delivery of my Zeta AMT in coming week. Was wondering

1. If I should opt for extended warranty. Considering AMT feedback on different forums, it looks like a must.

2. Seat covers from Nexa or outside? Any good place for seat covers in Gurgaon.

3. Should I get any underbody rust coatings or paint protection job? If yes which ones.

4. I am thinking of buying a reverse camera as these thick C pillers are going to make reverse/parking jobs real difficult. Any feedback on this from current owners.

5. Any specific accessories which fellow ignis owners are using?

Would be great to know your feedbacks. 😊

Last edited by roushan84 : 7th May 2017 at 23:42.
Old 8th May 2017, 09:11   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
I am expected to take delivery of my Zeta AMT in coming week. Was wondering

1. If I should opt for extended warranty. Considering AMT feedback on different forums, it looks like a must.

2. Seat covers from Nexa or outside? Any good place for seat covers in Gurgaon.

3. Should I get any underbody rust coatings or paint protection job? If yes which ones.

4. I am thinking of buying a reverse camera as these thick C pillers are going to make reverse/parking jobs real difficult. Any feedback on this from current owners.

5. Any specific accessories which fellow ignis owners are using?

Would be great to know your feedbacks. ��
Get extended warranty - its always good to stay protected.

Do get 3M protection (prefer outside as dealers keep a cut when you take such services through them resulting in service provider cutting corners).

There are several stores in South Delhi and West Delhi for seat covers and allied accessories. A friend got his Ignis seats from Moti Nagar and he is very happy (about 10.5 k for seat covers and floor mats complimenting each other), the seat covers do not carry embossed "Ignis" because the seller said, these are branded stuff and they cannot violate copyright by embossing model name.

He got proper bill and warranty for 3 years (1 year replacement and 2 years repair arranged by the shopkeeper)

In all, he is happy with car !

Last edited by i74js : 8th May 2017 at 09:13.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 12:44   #110
BHPian

Just an update on the fuel consumption after approx 2500 km in 2.5 months. It's now inching towards 19 kmpl on average basis which is exceptional for a petrol powered vehicle in horrible city traffic.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 15:47   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Just an update on the fuel consumption after approx 2500 km in 2.5 months. It's now inching towards 19 kmpl on average basis which is exceptional for a petrol powered vehicle in horrible city traffic.

That is good mileage indeed. Do you use the start/stop function? Is yours the hybrid version as well?
Thanks
Jeroen
Old 10th May 2017, 15:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
That is an extremely good figure and I am hearing a consistent number in the range of 19 kmpl from multiple Ignis Petrol MT owners on and off this forum. On highway drives people have got more than the ARAI claimed mileage also

The feedback on the AMT seems varied with many reporting mileage below 15 kmpl. Would appreciate if more owners of Petrol AMT of the Ignis report their mileage figures here.
Old 10th May 2017, 17:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
That is good mileage indeed. Do you use the start/stop function? Is yours the hybrid version as well?
Thanks
Jeroen
Hi, yes indeed but Ignis isn't a hybrid here. I basically use the shift indicator to change gears and am using a restrained right foot for a change with occasional speed bursts as per legal limits.
hondacity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 10:51   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Ignis , a Global review.

Old 12th May 2017, 11:19   #115
BHPian

Bought an Ignis, Zeta AMT petrol, for wife two days back. Considered Celerio, Grand I10 and Brio as options, Jazz and Baleno were ruled out being out of budget, and also wanted smaller footprint vehicle.
Grand i10 looked good, but only 4-speed auto, no ABS, no speed sensitive auto door lock, poor single digit fuel economy, as reported by most users were the deal breakers.
Brio is a good car, did not like the shape, poor monthly sales were discouraging factors.
Considered Celerio first, but seeing the price difference of around 1.2 lacs with Ignis zeta amt, also ignis has a much better engine, smoother ride, better looks, more features example keyless entry and go, no additional costs required, celerio zxi amt has no alloy wheels, no fog lights, no parking sensors, finalised the Ignis.
Driven around 200km only, the amt works well when driven with a light foot, for spirited driving shift to manual, and it is fun to drive. MID is showing fuel efficiency of 19.7km/l, yet to find it by tankful to tankful method. Overall very much satisfied. Will update as the odometer clocks more miles.

Last edited by gsratta : 12th May 2017 at 11:22.
gsratta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 16:21   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Bought an Ignis, Zeta AMT petrol, for wife two days back. Considered Celerio, Grand I10 and Brio as options, Jazz and Baleno were ruled out being out of budget, and also wanted smaller footprint vehicle.
Grand i10 looked good, but only 4-speed auto, no ABS, no speed sensitive auto door lock, poor single digit fuel economy, as reported by most users were the deal breakers.
Brio is a good car, did not like the shape, poor monthly sales were discouraging factors.
Considered Celerio first, but seeing the price difference of around 1.2 lacs with Ignis zeta amt, also ignis has a much better engine, smoother ride, better looks, more features example keyless entry and go, no additional costs required, celerio zxi amt has no alloy wheels, no fog lights, no parking sensors, finalised the Ignis.
Driven around 200km only, the amt works well when driven with a light foot, for spirited driving shift to manual, and it is fun to drive. MID is showing fuel efficiency of 19.7km/l, yet to find it by tankful to tankful method. Overall very much satisfied. Will update as the odometer clocks more miles.
Congratulations on you purchase. I am scheduled to do PDI for Zeta AMT tomorrow and hopefully delivery on Sunday.

Do you have any specific advise for PDI, or if you had created any customized checklist of PDI
roushan84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 16:45   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
1.2 lacs for these features and much newer mechanicals is definitely good value. How was the Booking process, waiting etc. At Ludhiana? And which dealer did you choose? (Was it the doctor one)
If you're getting anywhere near the 19.7kmpl(even if the mid is 2 points above expected) that is phenomenal for a Petrol automatic in a city (assuming you're running it in ludhiana)
Old 12th May 2017, 17:51   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Congratulations on you purchase. I am scheduled to do PDI for Zeta AMT tomorrow and hopefully delivery on Sunday.
Thanks, no specific or customized PDI, just the points mentioned in the team-bhp checklist. Congrats to you also for new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
1.2 lacs for these features and much newer mechanicals is definitely good value. How was the Booking process, waiting etc. At Ludhiana? And which dealer did you choose?
The booking was done at Stan Nexa, Ludhiana. I had booked the silky silver colour, and the waiting period was mentioned to be 4-6 weeks, i was told that it may be earlier also. After about two weeks, from the date of booking, the sales person called me and told that pearl white and glistening grey were readily available. I opted for the grey, and got delivery, around 26 days after i had booked the car. The fuel efficiency is 70% highway with speed around 80 to 90 km/h, and 30% city driving.

Last edited by ampere : 12th May 2017 at 21:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 12th May 2017, 20:21   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

It is amazing how much more car we get in our cars today for the same $$. The features and finish of the Ignis is very similar to our Cielo bought in 1997. It came for Rs 6 to 7 lakhs in then rupees which is roughly like, I would say, Rs 17 lakhs to 18 lakhs today. Other than size being different the Ignis is a lot of car for its price relative to the recent past.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 21:26   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki Ignis , a Global review.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=qgCJS1dZlpQ
All wheel drive, heated seats, 4 or 5 seater option and dcbs - why can't maruti bring them here as options? How silly of me, they are not giving abs / airbags in base models.

Regards
Nikhil

Most Viewed