Team-BHP - Maruti Ignis : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Ignis : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186135-maruti-ignis-official-review-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsbhagwat (Post 4197606)
All wheel drive, heated seats, 4 or 5 seater option and dcbs - why can't maruti bring them here as options?

One word. COST, that is the biggest hurdle for not offering these Premium features.

Quote:

How silly of me, they are not giving abs / airbags in base models.
Really ?
You havent gone through the spec sheet or else you might be in confused state of mind. It happens with Maruti as they have various products. :)

Ignis does have ABS & Airbags as standard across the range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4197615)
One word. COST, that is the biggest hurdle for not offering these Premium features.

Really ?
You havent gone through the spec sheet or else you might be in confused state of mind. It happens with Maruti as they have various products. :)

Ignis does have ABS & Airbags as standard across the range.

Yes - I second that and I have been appreciating Maruti for providing the Dual Airbags and ABS as standard across all variants of the Ignis. This was really the "Deal-maker" for me and enabled me to hop from the top end Celerio/Tiago to the Delta Variant of Ignis without losing the essential Safety features :thumbs up

Update on the fuel efficiency, of the petrol amt, during the second tankful, from Reliance petrol bunk, it came out to be 17.5 km/l, with 50% city and 50% highway. Extremely satisfied with the vehicle, really fun to drive. I have not taken my Ecosport out, for the past one week, been using the Ignis for the short trips. The suspension is good at absorbing bumps, and the good thing is that, it produces very little noise, on rough roads.

Any inputs on how is the availability of outside Nexa accessories for the Ignis?

I am looking for Door Visors, Car Cover, Fog Lamps and a decent reverse camera as I have booked a Delta variant.

I took Ignis out for a weekend highway trip with full load of passengers and luggage and extracted 19.1 kmpl on tankful with ac on and some spirited highway driving. Can't be more satisfying than this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondacity (Post 4203111)
I took Ignis out for a weekend highway trip with full load of passengers and luggage and extracted 19.1 kmpl on tankful with ac on and some spirited highway driving. Can't be more satisfying than this.

That's a good number, but be it any car, you can extract maximum from Highway Runs. While in City, it's opposite.

I get around 14 kmpl in City & have touched 26 kmpl on Highways once in my Tiago. I don't use it for long drives though. (Reason - Unsafe).

With Ignis, if one gets around 15 kmpl in city with medium traffic & at speeds of 20-40 kmph, that would be satisfactory for the owner. :)

I am a bit surprised by Low FE reported by AMT owners.

It's a petrol Mt and not a diesel so difficult to extract above 20 kmpl

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsratta (Post 4198110)
Update on the fuel efficiency, of the petrol amt, during the second tankful, from Reliance petrol bunk, it came out to be 17.5 km/l, with 50% city and 50% highway. Extremely satisfied with the vehicle, really fun to drive. I have not taken my Ecosport out, for the past one week, been using the Ignis for the short trips. The suspension is good at absorbing bumps, and the good thing is that, it produces very little noise, on rough roads.

Thanks for the update gsratta and congratulations on your Ignis!

I too am looking at buying the petrol AMT in the next few months. I took a test drive of the petrol AMT and really liked it too. It is funky and I found it better than the Grand i10.

Could you please confirm the air pressure you are running front and rear? I believe company recommended pressures are 36 and 32 psi.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Took a test drive of petrol amt and found it a pretty well sorted out car in this price range. Planning to book it in coming months, the only downside being it's non availability in top alpha trim. Anyone has managed to install a touch screen in typical place because that red colored display is prehistoric and totally out of place in a modern car. Was interested in installing a reverse camera. Wife a novice driver was very much impressed with the car and found it easier to manage than jazz cvt and baleno cvt.

I had booked a Ignis Delta AMT on 03 May and I received a mail from NEXA about the allotment of the car last Saturday. The RM is saying that it would take about 2 weeks time from the allotment date for actual delivery as they do not have my choice of color in ready stock. Expecting delivery in early June - though he has not yet given a firm date as yet.

For the PDI, he says he will let me inspect the car a day before in the showroom itself prior to sending it for Registration and I do not need to go all the way to the stock yard. He says its better this way as they would have washed the car and any issues (such as scratches) can be readily identified.

Any specific recommendations for PDI of an AMT vehicle from other BHPians is welcome and would be helpful :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by drchernish
Anyone has managed to install a touch screen in typical place because that red colored display is prehistoric and totally out of place in a modern car. Was interested in installing a reverse camera.

NEXA Accessories list has Reverse Camera options. They are offering some Sony TouchScreen models that can work with reverse cameras. They also have separate Reverse Camera + Monitor type of options that are lower in cost as well.

Yes, 36psi front and 32psi at the rear wheels are the company recommended air pressures, and i follow it strictly with all my vehicles. Grand i10 is a good car, but there are a few negatives in the automatic varient, like no ABS, poor single digit fuel efficiency figures of the automatic varient, as reported by most of the users, no keyless entry and go,(push button start), no speed sensitive auto door lock, still the asking price is 60 to 70 thousands more than the Ignis Zeta AMT, which has all the above features, and the Ignis is more fun to drive, in the manual mode.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg (Post 4203303)
Thanks for the update gsratta and congratulations on your Ignis!

I too am looking at buying the petrol AMT in the next few months. I took a test drive of the petrol AMT and really liked it too. It is funky and I found it better than the Grand i10.

Could you please confirm the air pressure you are running front and rear? I believe company recommended pressures are 36 and 32 psi.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Inquired with nexa official accessories guy regarding reverse camera installation. He advised for irvm with screen install or separate screen on dash. Regarding upgrading the hu of zeta to touchscreen from Sony or kenwood he cited unavailability of dash fascia plate for the same hence not feasible 🙁. Now contemplating between the first two variants with more inclination towards the irvm one. Don't like a screen to sit like sore thumb on the dash. Anybody installed the irvm with camera can comment on the quality of this original nexa accessory!

Need a help - does the VIN Decoding instructions provided on the below link work for the NEXA cars from Maruti such as the Ignis as well? Reference URL : URL

I recently bought a Delta AMT as a replacement for a Diesel Manual car. I have to admit that I miss driving a Diesel car - never thought I'd say that. All said and done, I like the new buy though the fuel economy isn't up to the mark. So far I've driven only 200 Kms and the MID shows 13.6 kms. I fueled up 25.6 litres and so far at half tank I've done 190kms. I reckon I'll do about 310 with the full 25.6 as the fuel light comes on. That's actually pretty bad - about 12-13ish.SO far - I've been driving below 70km and using manual 60% of the time. It's fun and meets my criteria - being an automatic, and has the new age safety features.

THe 1st service isn't really going change much since they dont change the Engine Oil. My first true service will be at 10,000km. If morning shows the day, then this low fuel economy of 13ish isn't going to be much fun. I'll try my next tank full, and keep my fingers crossed.

Any other repots.

Ignis draws positive reviews and sales figures in all markets launched so far.

In Europe its popularity is growing due to its quirkiness(+ way) and handling as a city car,

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-capture.jpg

Source:Jato