Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2017, 22:49   #241
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
We were also considering these two options Ignis Zeta AMT and Tiago XZA for my dad.
What Tiago has on offer above Ignis Zeta is mainly Seat height adjustment, better music system, variable intermittent front wiper, heavier body ( whether its advantage or not is still a question) etc.

Ignis over Tiago
Electrically foldable ORVM, push button start, better engine ( much smoother in my experience), gear shift were less jerky , auto down driver power window, 60-40 split rear seat and of course the Maruti service network.

With a price difference of 1 Lakh was justifiable and finally booked Ignis Zeta AMT, and awaiting delivery next week.

Hi .. i am in the boat which you have already sailed .i.e. Tiago XZA vs Ignis (Delta) Auto. I have tried to compile differences between the two as below(with corrections by vsrivatsa).Comparison with Zeta/top end Ignis is difficult because of the huge price difference therein !

The IGNIS DELTA AMT does not have:
  • Sports mode drive
  • rear parking sensor
  • GPS Navigation
  • Alloys
  • Rear defogger and wiper
  • Cooled glove box
  • Follow me home lamps
  • Gear shift indicator(?)
  • Height adjustable driver seat
  • Tinted glasses
  • The HARMAN KARDON Audio with 8 speakers
  • Warranty for 40k KMs (as against 75k for Tiago)
  • lower RATED fuel efficiency (16.8 vs 19.2 city)
Conversely, it does have:
  • a rear which is (pardon me) ugly
  • 4 cylinders (3 for Tiago)
  • Lesser weight
  • Shorter turning radius
  • 15" tyres
  • Middle rear seat belt
  • Child seat anchors
  • CD player /DVD (who keeps CDs now ?)
  • audio remote
  • Rear reading light
  • Anti theft alarm
  • Keyless entry
  • Seat belt pretensioners
  • Better service and maybe better resale value

Kindly correct/advice !

Last edited by drasitkhanna : 28th August 2017 at 23:16.
Old 31st August 2017, 23:01   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
[*] lower RATED fuel efficiency (16.8 vs 19.2 city)
Sorry but from where on Earth are those Fuel Efficiency figures from?

The Ignis would possibly give 14 to 16 kmpl in city driving. In Bumper to Bumper heavy traffic it would be 14 kmpl. The Tiago would definetely not provide you 19.2 kmpl in city driving. If it does I will sell my Ignis

You could at most expect the same figures or lower than Ignis for the Tiago. The issue is the Tiago drinks a lot of fuel when the AC is ON - much more than the Ignis since it struggles with the AC. Please check more on the Tiago thread to gather some realistic FE figures for city driving...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 31st August 2017 at 23:03.
Old 1st September 2017, 00:22   #243
BHPian

I know of my colleague who gets 15-16 kmpl in Whitefield traffic in Bengaluru in his Tiago. What's so surprising in it? My Zest petrol returns 10-11 kmpl with AC on.
Old 1st September 2017, 07:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
[*] lower RATED fuel efficiency (16.8 vs 19.2 city)
Check the following threads for actual input from owners on Fuel Efficiency on the Tiago AMT:

1. 10 kmpl : URL

2. 10 kmpl : URL

3. 13.5 kmpl : URL

4. 14.5 to 15 kmpl : URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I know of my colleague who gets 15-16 kmpl in Whitefield traffic in Bengaluru in his Tiago. What's so surprising in it? My Zest petrol returns 10-11 kmpl with AC on.
The surprise was over the claimed 19.2 kmpl in City for the Tiago Automatic. I was calling out that its too high to expect from an Automatic for City Driving Conditions. It maybe possibe on the highway...

Does your colleague have the Manual or Automatic?
And is the 10-11 kmpl on the Zest - is that an Automatic?

Although most Car manufacturers are claiming similar ARAI figures for Automatic variants, in reality, especially in City Driving Conditions, an automatic will give a lower mileage as compared to a Manual Car. This is especially true in case of the AMT Technology used by Maruti and Tata.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st September 2017 at 07:37.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 06:16   #245
BHPian

Hi all I got the figures and all other stats from carwale .. That's why I asked to be corrected/adviced ! The guy who has given me TDs in fact claims even higher but acknowledged on road in city figures around 16- 17, so I add a pinch of salt and assume around 15 max..

Last edited by drasitkhanna : 3rd September 2017 at 06:18.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:59   #246
BHPian

I have driven my Ignis (Zeta AMT) over 7,000kms and It has given me a mileage of around 15 kmpl. The data if from fuelio app. MID shows 16kmpl.

My average daily drive is approximately 50-60 kms with 80% driving in NCR traffic and 20% on highways like NH8 or Noida expressway (AC on at all times).

I see many people claiming average of 19kmpl and over 21kmpl at times. Wondering if it for a small portion of driving.
Old 18th September 2017, 21:51   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
I have driven my Ignis (Zeta AMT) over 7,000kms and It has given me a mileage of around 15 kmpl. The data if from fuelio app. MID shows 16kmpl.

My average daily drive is approximately 50-60 kms with 80% driving in NCR traffic and 20% on highways like NH8 or Noida expressway (AC on at all times).

I see many people claiming average of 19kmpl and over 21kmpl at times. Wondering if it for a small portion of driving.
15kmpl is amazing. Im in Pune , and with 80% AC all city conditions - I'm at 13. I drove a short distance on the highway the other day - and ended up with 15.6. IN city conditions with the AC running, suspect it wont cross 13-13.5 kmpl. Waiting for the 10,000 km service to see if anything changes.
Old 24th September 2017, 11:31   #248
BHPian

Has anyone experienced mild shuddering in 2nd gear of the AMT? In Bangalore traffic, fuel efficiency is about 13km/litre
msd63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 14:19   #249
BHPian

I have . Im dealing with it...IN fact got a call from the NEXA Feedback market research agency, and I gave them horrible feedback. The 1st and 2nd gears are getting really difficult to cope with , having come a manual transmission. Ive driven a TSI and agree that one can't and shouldn't compare these two. IGNIS is absolute terms is still not living up to my expectations - low fuel economy ( about 13 in city conditions with 85% AC). Highway drives haven't been bad - so may end buying a CNG WagonR as an alternative.
Old 1st October 2017, 18:12   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Ignis is globally acclaimed a success, enters top 10 in the city-car category.

Quote:
The new Suzuki Ignis hits top 10 city-car ranking and is already more popular than other big players like C1, Citigo, Karl, Forfour

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ig.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:25   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis impresses the Europeans - this time the Germans!

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 17:19   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Has anyone experienced mild shuddering in 2nd gear of the AMT? In Bangalore traffic, fuel efficiency is about 13km/litre
hello, what is this new observation? has any other user experienced the same experience, is this a mechanical or Software glitch? I just now spoke to the Nexa SA, to query this, he is of the opinion that all AMT variants of Maruti have this anomaly, contrary he says its more of a LAG. & definitely not an issue.
Because I am concerned & expect to take delivery of my New Ignis Zeta, this month end. Appreciate feedbacks from other Ignis owners,
Old 13th October 2017, 08:42   #253
Senior - BHPian

I have a few questions about the Ignis from existing Ignis AMT owners/ users :
Considering 60% highway running Which of the 2 engines performs better on the highway in terms of pickup, performance, driveability, overtaking at 100 - 120kph?
How does the AMT gearbox respond at high speeds?
Any AMT gearbox issues faced in ownership?
Is the engine noise intrusive in the cabin at those speeds?
How much wind noise inside the cabin at those speeds?
Any evident intrusive tire noise at those speeds?
Is the suspension setup stiff, spongy or perfect - perfect being gobbling up all road undulations?
Anyone with a Ignis in Mumbai or any pothole infested city - How is the suspension response in pothole infested Mumbai?
Is there any lag in engine response in bumper to bumper traffic?

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 13th October 2017 at 08:50.
Old 13th October 2017, 13:05   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt1948 View Post
hello, what is this new observation? has any other user experienced the same experience, is this a mechanical or Software glitch? I just now spoke to the Nexa SA, to query this, he is of the opinion that all AMT variants of Maruti have this anomaly, contrary he says its more of a LAG. & definitely not an issue.
Because I am concerned & expect to take delivery of my New Ignis Zeta, this month end. Appreciate feedbacks from other Ignis owners,
I've been using my Ignis Delta AMT for 5 months. On auto mode with aggresive driving, the 2nd car does at time shudder. I've been told the same thing by the SAs at Maruti. Honestly, I had heard of this feedback before buying , however had understood the shudder is not a problem - but more of a working as designed situation. That means - if you drive with a low throttle it should be fine. I've moved over to driving on manual in recent times , after my 2nd service. Other feedback - I changed by engine oil in the 2nd service , as opposed to the 3rd service 10000 service - and I feel a significant difference.

My mileage (tank-to-tank) before service was 12.5 in Pune, and now its gone with 13.8(with spirited driving). I've driven the car on the highway, and the rather muted engine performance at below 2000 rpm doesnt make high way much fun. Keeping in mind that this is 1.2 Swift petrol engine, I figured I'd revv the rpms - and yes definitely better.

I'm going on aroad trip tomorrow (1200kms) tomorrow, and I'm concerned that this car might ruin the journey. I'm looking for any feedback on the 1.2 petrol engine - how do I make this thing go peacfully to 120km/h and stay around 100 on the highway. Left in pure auto - the car drives sedately.

Do note that Im not unhappy with the car . as a city commuter - its excellent. Great ground clearance, modern interiors, spacious seating and all that - and not to forget its peppy engine. But overall the AMT still a lot to be done . So for an enthusiast driver - no , not a good choice. I had bought this for my wife, and she's very happy with it.
vankito is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 13:07   #255
BHPian

I'm surprised you felt that way about the 1.2 petrol. I've never felt that the K series engine was that underpowered. Along with Honda's iVTEC, the K series is great little engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
I'm going on aroad trip tomorrow (1200kms) tomorrow, and I'm concerned that this car might ruin the journey. I'm looking for any feedback on the 1.2 petrol engine - how do I make this thing go peacfully to 120km/h and stay around 100 on the highway. Left in pure auto - the car drives sedately.

Don't worry. The engine certainly won't let you down, unless you're planning on keeping up with a big German saloon with an enthusiastic driver at the wheel. The 1.2 can do speeds of 120kph quite easily, and getting there isn't much trouble either. If you feel the acceleration in auto mode is slow, you can always use the manual mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks