Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2017, 14:23   #256
BHPian

Our Ignis has crossed six thousand trouble free kms and still feels and drives like new. Highway economy a stunning 23 kpl at a steady 80 kph. Can't ask for more from a funky little missile.
hondacity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 14:48   #257
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Technical question for Ignis-
1) Does it have hydraulic or cable clutch?
2) Does it have drive by wire throttle or cable throttle?
Old 14th October 2017, 16:14   #258
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to replace my K10 with Ignis. Initial plan was Swift, however I liked the looks of Ignis. Need some inputs to finalize.

Since the GC is high and the car is of tall boy design, will there be any issue in fast cornering and expressway speeds. I will be upgrading the tyres by keeping the same rim size. The car will be extensively used on highways and Ghat sections and I do some spirited driving when alone. K10 was quite satisfactory (with upgraded Yokohoma and alloy wheels), with minimal body roll and straightline stability, for a budget hatch. I am wondering if I can expect the same FTD nature from Ignis if I upgrade the tyres.

If not, then Swift will be the next option as I am not usually comfortable with tallboys and their associated body roll.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2017 at 10:42. Reason: Poorly typed post
shebin is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th October 2017, 19:20   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

My mom was looking for a compact sized automatic from a company that would give us a peace of mind ownership experience. After years of Hyundai attempting to fleece us at every service of the i10, we decided to look at options from Maruti, the first time we have done so since my parents bought the original Maruti 800 back in the mid 80s. Ive probably driven around 50 kms in the Ignis AMT and I can safely say that Im not a fan of it at all due to 2 main issues.

The AMT is easily the most confused gearbox that I have ever encountered in my life. If you drive sedately and expect not to overtake anyone, then the AMT is well mannered and does its job perfectly. If however, you decide that you need to get the car moving and prod the accelerator, the gearbox pauses, thinks about it, finally decides that it took too long to make a decision, shifts down, overcompensates by giving too much acceleration and gets going accompanied by the loud vocals from the engine. What this does however, is translate to a boat like experience, as you keep rocking back and forth each time the car does this which is very unnerving especially for the others in the car. The first couple of times that this happened my wife was asking me why I am driving in such a funny manner (compared to the experience in our Jazz automatic). So the AMT is not for those who are spirited at heart.

This brings me to the second problem - the Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 tires. For regular usage they seem to be fine. However if you get your car on a slope and have to brake (say to talk to the security guys at a building) and then have keep driving, the car exhibits the same herky jerky behaviour as above but with the addition of some extra throttle to negate the slope, the tires squeal louder than a pig being chased around the farm. This has happened to me on 4 occasions and is quite embarrassing as you get weird looks from people who think you are a boy racer. If only they knew!

Meanwhile the Nexa service experience in Cochin has been quite disappointing, I will share details in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
Do note that Im not unhappy with the car . as a city commuter - its excellent. Great ground clearance, modern interiors, spacious seating and all that - and not to forget its peppy engine. But overall the AMT still a lot to be done . So for an enthusiast driver - no , not a good choice.
+100!
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 21:23   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The AMT is easily the most confused gearbox that I have ever encountered in my life.
Agree to your points. The AMT takes away the Fun to Drive factor of the car. However do note that the way that this AMT works is one of the best compared to the other lower AMTs that Maruti has on offer such as the Alto K10, Celerio and Wagon R. They are all essentially the same AMTs but the combination of the same AMT with a 4 cylinder engine provides a better experience in Ignis and Dzire. Try driving one of those cars and the AMT experience is even worse...It's an inherent drawback of the technology itself.

The Jazz is a CVT and hence would surely provide a better experience for sure.

Like you called out the AMT takes time getting used and one can live with it. It is definitely not for the experienced driver and takes a lot of fun out of driving. However, the mileage is decent (Petrol variant) and it has returned me 13kmpl+ always under all types of horrible traffic conditions.

However for beginners it is a blessing - my wife just likes the fact that the vehicle will not switch off and she does not have to worry about switching gears. I guess its meant for a different category of drivers
Old 27th October 2017, 10:07   #261
BHPian

Soon to be Ignis owner here. Has anyone swapped the tyres on their car to meatier rubber? I've been through several of the tyre discussions and it's something I want to do.

Also considering getting the 16x6J rims from the Baleno or Ciaz on the Ignis. Any thoughts?
Old 27th October 2017, 10:14   #262
BHPian

Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Booked yesterday alpha petrol amt dual tone, the test drive car a zeta amt had airbag icon glowing in console. When asked Nexa representative he couldn't give any explanation as to why it is glowing? Well anyways now the wait begins.Strangely no discussion on offers while booking. Was told that offers will be applicable to the month in which delivery will take place. Or I can cancel at that time with full refund of booking amount.

Last edited by drchernish : 27th October 2017 at 10:19.
Old 31st October 2017, 07:29   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ignis was Suzuki's 3rd bestselling car in Europe in Sep/17. It outsells Skoda Citigo & Smart Forfour!

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-dnzqwlmx4aawfr.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 08:45   #264
BHPian

New owners - What was the run time / driving time in your Car at the time of delivery? Wanted to know, whether it’s connected to the Engine or the wheels, like a speedo.

How can a Car with 60 kms on the odo can have a Run time of say 6 hrs?

Also, If anyone has the accessories price list of Ignis, please post it here.
Old 12th November 2017, 21:17   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
New owners - What was the run time / driving time in your Car at the time of delivery? Wanted to know, whether it’s connected to the Engine or the wheels, like a speedo.

How can a Car with 60 kms on the odo can have a Run time of say 6 hrs?

Also, If anyone has the accessories price list of Ignis, please post it here.
The driving time starts with ignition, not actual time spent driving Jazz. Sorry don't remember the driving time for my car at delivery. Took delivery on 23rd September 2017. You may reset it by pressing and holding down the "Info" button for a couple of seconds. I got my car at 63 kms.

I would suggest you reset the driving time and just go about enjoying your car

Sorry buddy, discarded the accessories list after delivery.

Have fun with the little cheeky car.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 16:23   #266
BHPian

Guys one of my neighbour who is particularly excited about my knowledge of cars as a BHPian wanted to take some feedback on the Ignis.

He was saying that the interior has black and "white" plastics and he wanted to check if it requires high maintenance. I was not able to believe in the white when I myself went and witnessed that the interiors were many tones whiter than beige. The test drive cars had scar marks on the whites and his question seemed relevant to me.
Old 27th November 2017, 00:44   #267
BHPian

Negligible maintenance unless someone wants to fiddle around spoiling the interior. No problems in our zeta petrol in our nine months of regular use.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:23   #268
BHPian

Folks,

Brought the elusive Ignis Sigma (base) variant. Wanted a car with abs and airbag and 4 cylinders to replace our 3 year old k10 wagon r stingray. The exchange price was too good and the on road price of 5.2 even better.

Cant imagine a 4 cylinder petrol car with abs and airbag for 5.2 on road. Also has front power windows , ac and (manual) central lock.

Old Car sold and new one arrived in a record one week ( Nov 17 make -checked vin using team bhp). Indus trivandrum nexa showroom( by-pass) and sales agent Shambu did a swift job . Would recommend him for his no- nonsense approach.

Car was delivered to house. The customary cake and flowers were there. Cake was good and kids gobbled it up in no time.

There was some mix up in the billing and I have to get 11K back, so waiting for that.

Got a discount on accesories and the total price was 13 K which I think is very reasonable for MGP parts with warranty

Accessories added
- Mudflap ( obviously)
- Floor Mats ( ignis branded- rubber for kerala conditions)
- Parcel Tray (MGP-Ignis)
- Remote Central Lock (MGP)
- Reverse Sensor (MGP)
- Number plate ( yet to arrive as car is on temp. reg)

Special mention must be made that they did not push any accessories down my throat ( as i politely told them that it is for driver use) . Also they allowed me to take insurance from outside without any nagging/moaning.

Some details I observed:

- Showroom is air-conditoned and very clean ( a far cry from some of the dealers i visited before where ac was not even on and we roast in the glass buildings !)

- for 5.2 L , quality of the product is very good.

- Specifically went for base model , as I needed all black interiors

- Under hood insulation even for base petrol

- Strut tops are covered in proper plastic cones ( little details)

- Wiper base plastic has small openings to channel water down and looks neat

- Engine doesn't allow double cranking ( brother stalled and he has to switch off and on , same as VAG/euro cars)

- Horn of good quality and no need to upgrade- big change from typical beep beep on maruti cars

- Engine is super silent and gearshifts are slick like santro although not a match for the original MH410 zen.

- Ignis has inbuilt rear mudflap, but since it comes as a set, now i have 2 additional rear mudflaps - unopened.

- Ditching the Bridgestone Ecopia and going for MRF ZVTV 185s ( yes, yes MRF- but the service provided by their dealer in panavila is top notch and for me, that matters and I have had no problems with the 165 zvtv upgrade they had done in the wagon r for me . Also mrf have come a very long way from the old days and somehow i feel an indian company can only understand Indian road conditions - i hate punctures )

Detailed ownership will put up later.

Tried to upload pics, but some problem with team bhp server?
Nanolover is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 14:03   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Since the GC is high and the car is of tall boy design, will there be any issue in fast cornering and expressway speeds. I will be upgrading the tyres by keeping the same rim size. The car will be extensively used on highways and Ghat sections and I do some spirited driving when alone. I am wondering if I can expect the same FTD nature from Ignis if I upgrade the tyres.
The high speed stability of Ignis is very good - I have done speeds of up to 120 kph and the car is stable. Further the car feels extremely peppy and given the light body weight the power seems abundantly available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Cant imagine a 4 cylinder petrol car with abs and airbag for 5.2 on road. Also has front power windows , ac and (manual) central lock.
Congratulations on your new car and wish you many happy miles with it. The lower variants of Ignis are well loaded and value for money. The smoothness of the 4 cylinder K12M Engine is truly a treat!
Old 5th December 2017, 13:06   #270
BHPian

Looking to buy a tallboy small predominantly city car to supplement our Brezza. WagonR and Ignis are the options. Our budget is of around 5.5 lakhs. The car would be replacing our F10D WagonR which met with an unfortunate accident about a month back. So the question for me is whether there is any reason to not buy Ignis and go for the WagonR? Any major issues about the Ignis? Delta Ignis MT costs around 5.9 and WagonR VXi ABS around 5.3 here in Goa. Should I expect major discounts for Ignis as the year comes to a close and Christmas approaches? Also, is the base variant more VFM than delta(All black interiors appreciated)?

Last edited by anycatd : 5th December 2017 at 13:08. Reason: caps correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks