Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:40   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Looking at Ignis AMT, any inputs from owners on the real side of AMT usage would be appreciated? Mileage, drivability, any issues like jerking? Do let know how many kms you would have used the car also, just to have a reference point.

With the test drive of 14k kms car, my feedback in short is - Once you figure out the accelerator inputs and shift rpms its pleasant. Or just moving to manual mode is easiest to have a smooth drive. Have to decide the purchase by tomorrow!

Got an Ignis Zeta AMT petrol in May 2017, for wife, it has covered 8000km. Took it for 2-3 longish drives, 250-300km, as well as daily local city drives, AMT is working fine, no jerks. Once you are used to it, you can drive it really smooth. Fuel efficiency is around 16-17kmpl, with tankful to tankful method. MID shows 17.1kmpl, and average speed of 42kmph (as per MID).
gsratta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 11:34   #347
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Brio and the i10 Grand which I had test driven as likely contenders before the purchase.
Wow exact same shortlisting happening here also, waiting for Brio and then negotiate and close the deal on one of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
At around <40 kmph I'm in 4th gear🙄
I guess this is to aid FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Once you are used to it, you can drive it really smooth.
I think so, with modulation of throttle for shifts even 1st 2nd shifts also were seamless.

Thank you all! This surely is useful info, appreciate it.

Will keep you guys posted which one i finalize in a day or two. Car is for wifee, the Santro AT is finally on its way out!
Old 4th April 2018, 18:38   #348
NTO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ignis and Baleno to be offered in Nexa Blue , will replace the Urban Blue shade offered presently.

Attachment 1748282

Link
In my opinion this is a serious color for a car as funky as the Ignis. For Baleno, yes this would be a good color.
Old 4th April 2018, 19:59   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ignis and Baleno to be offered in Nexa Blue , will replace the Urban Blue shade
Been seeing the colour on registered cars, since about a month or so.
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 20:33   #350
BHPian

Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Nexa blue shall be offered in Ignis as a replacement of Urban blue . The factory shall start dispatching the new Color cars shortly .

This month deal on Ignis Petrol as told by the dealership guy is 25k cash discount , 3100 is the corporate discount and another 25k is exchange bonus .

Breaking news :- Ignis diesel stands discontinued . Source:- Pasco Nexa , MG Road , Gurgaon

I am buying Alpha AGS petrol in Nexa Blue as soon as the car is available in this color.

Last edited by .Albatross. : 5th April 2018 at 20:36.
Old 5th April 2018, 21:34   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow exact same shortlisting happening here also, waiting for Brio and then negotiate and close the deal on one of em.
Same dilemma as you guys.
Would like to know of your homework regarding
a) Effectiveness of the AC.
b) Esp. in case of the Brio, real world usage ground clearance.

Don't think the Freestyle 1.5 + AT is going to happen.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 5th April 2018, 22:09   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
b) Esp. in case of the Brio, real world usage.
Sutripta, the AC in the Brio seemed alright to me during the test drive, perhaps the blower may have been too loud.

Overall you won't go wrong with the Brio too, however, the main cause of rejection in my case was the extremely jittery ride quality. I took a test drive twice, checked the air pressure the second time to make sure. Did not find any issues with the ground clearance as such.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 18:10   #353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Test drive was at 1 noon, AC was little mellow for my taste. Had to crank the fan to 2 or 3 IIRC. Ignis at 3 pm was good at 1 blower position, so i would give Ignis higher rating.

Quote:
b) Esp. in case of the Brio, real world usage ground clearance.
3 people on board, Brio barely made it over the typical road hump. With four people am sure it would have scraped.

Whatever said and done, Brio is a better car to drive in automatics. And i have paid for Ignis Alpha AMT

One thing i realised over this week is- we don't have a single automatic option that would tick all the boxes for OTR 8 lakhs in BLR. Each one of them has a compromise to deal with! I bit the AMT bullet and placed my trust on Maruti which is a very well known devil for me. lol
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 21:03   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I second everything stated above. I recently purchased a Ignis Zeta AMT and drove only about 400 km all of which is in peak city traffic. I'm getting 11.5 in MID. Except the mild jerk while shifting between 1-2 everything is smooth. Coming from a Tiago AMT which ran about 2600 km it is a vastly superior experience. Can't predict anything long term. But overall it is a very good car. My only gripe is the transmission shifts too quickly. At around <40 kmph I'm in 4th gear🙄
Oh! Any specific reasons for moving from the Tiago to the Ignis AMT? Would be interested to understand the reason behind your move - I was very close to buying a Tiago AMT and ended up with the Ignis AMT in the last minute...
Old 6th April 2018, 21:04   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Sutripta, the AC in the Brio seemed alright to me during the test drive, perhaps the blower may have been too loud.

Overall you won't go wrong with the Brio too, however, the main cause of rejection in my case was the extremely jittery ride quality. I took a test drive twice, checked the air pressure the second time to make sure. Did not find any issues with the ground clearance as such.

Cheers
Quote:
Test drive was at 1 noon, AC was little mellow for my taste. Had to crank the fan to 2 or 3 IIRC. Ignis at 3 pm was good at 1 blower position, so i would give Ignis higher rating.

3 people on board, Brio barely made it over the typical road hump. With four people am sure it would have scraped.

Whatever said and done, Brio is a better car to drive in automatics. And i have paid for Ignis Alpha AMT

One thing i realised over this week is- we don't have a single automatic option that would tick all the boxes for OTR 8 lakhs in BLR. Each one of them has a compromise to deal with! I bit the AMT bullet and placed my trust on Maruti which is a very well known devil for me. lol
Thanks guys.
Back to the drawing board for me!

Regards
Sutripta
Old 10th April 2018, 12:00   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Yes, I did notice it. Test drove a 2017 Ignis petrol recently, and the clutch wasn't being released smoothly even though we take the foot off the pedal in a very seamless manner. Thought it was a problem particular to that car only.
Thank you for the the feed back, @jetsetgo. Was getting worried since nobody was responding on this one.
Quote:
Same here.
In my test drive car this effect was too prominent. Sometimes that even resulted in stalling the car. The was about 15K KM run.
Thank you @Archat68.How prominent was it? The car that my friend owns , initially had issue all the way till 4th. After the service center visit it is between 1 & 2. Wondering about it's effect on drivetrain on longer term.
BTW got a test drive on brand new car (not a TD one ) after informing the service center that problem still persist till 2nd gear. Guess what - the new car also got the same issue.
Old 10th April 2018, 12:19   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithin.J View Post
BTW got a test drive on brand new car (not a TD one) after informing the service center that problem still persist till 2nd gear. Guess what - the new car also got the same issue.
At what RPM you shift up from first to second gear?
In our petrol Swift, if the upshifting happens at less than 2000 rpm, the car jerks.

Try once with a delayed upshifting than your usual. Hopefully the problem will be solved.
Old 10th April 2018, 12:42   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithin.J View Post
BTW got a test drive on brand new car (not a TD one ) after informing the service center that problem still persist till 2nd gear. Guess what - the new car also got the same issue.
The one that I drove was a personal car, 7k km's old. So, I guess the issue is in all cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
At what RPM you shift up from first to second gear?
In our petrol Swift, if the upshifting happens at less than 2000 rpm, the car jerks.

Try once with a delayed upshifting than your usual. Hopefully the problem will be solved.
May be you are right. The additional low end torque could be the reason causing jerks esp. on early up-shifts. But, somehow the clutch isn't released seamlessly even when we release the pedal gently, something to do with the clutch pedal & wire play. An adjustment of the clutch wire to add some additional play in the pedal should fix it IMHO.
Old 14th April 2018, 18:39   #359
BHPian

Hi,
I have purchased 2018 ignis alpha. My cars don`t have autolock features as soon as gear is engaged or car is above 20kmph. Also door mirrors don`t open and close when car is locked -unlocked. Is ignis not supported with this features.
Old 14th April 2018, 20:13   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal9999 View Post
Hi,
I have purchased 2018 ignis alpha. My cars don`t have autolock features as soon as gear is engaged or car is above 20kmph. Also door mirrors don`t open and close when car is locked -unlocked. Is ignis not supported with this features.
Congratulations Vishal!

Please go thru your manual, the auto door lock/unlock feature is there in settings. It will lock at 20 kmph and will unlock when you switch the engine off.

Ignis does not have the mirror open/close option with the lock/unlock.

Wishing you a happy ownership.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks