Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2018, 14:17   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki is speculated to have axed the diesel variant of IGNIS.

Link
There was an info some time back that Maruti was halting production of diesel Ignis time and again due to low sales. The diesel Ignis was a seriously overpriced car, more so in face of competition like the Ford Figo and it had to go. That Petrol variant is surviving only because of the brilliant K12M engine.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 13:17   #392
BHPian

Short review of IGNIS 1.2 ZETA.

My ignis has covered 8000+ kilometers and is in due for service soon. Few observations regarding the car are below.
• It’s fun to drive once you are accustomed to its dynamics. I am using yoko earth 195/65/15 tires which has helped very much in enjoying the full potential of vehicle.Tyres will make a whole world of difference to this car.
• Ride quality has improved now though cannot be called supple. But its good and the balance between ride and handling are good. Initially I wasn’t comfortable with the ride quality at all since my other car Nissan sunny is way too comfortable for me. But after adjusting the tyre pressures to 32 and 30(front and back respectively) it has become good.
• Tyre noise after crossing 100 is intrusive.NVH levels are not up to the mark. I am planning to visit 3M to see if I can get any solution. Wind Noise is felt at speeds of 120 which is disappointing.
• Speeds up to 130 is comfortable (with upsized tires).But the lack of aerodynamics is felt at high speeds where the vehicle struggles in the range of 140 on open roads.
• The car is very stable at high speeds and you don’t feel nervous while cornering also. It holds the line well. Ghat sections are fun to drive and the engine responds fantastically with a sweet growl.
• Suspension makes some noise over bad surfaces and sometimes jolts are felt at standalone sharp bumps which I feel is due to short wheel base. But if the tyre pressures are maintained it won’t be of much irritation.
• City driving is super comfortable with excellent visibility and light steering. The clutch is also light. Gear box is not to my exact liking since I feel it's not as precise as the swift and my previous ritz.But not much to complain.
• Few buyers have complained about the steering not returning to the centre. But I am not facing the issue except in crawling speeds.
• Mileage is around 15.5km/L tank to tank method.Expecting to settle around 17Km/L once 3rd service is done
• Ground clearance of 180mm is not to my liking. I feel 170 mm would have made the vehicle more settled on high speed and helped ride quality.
• My wife owns a baleno and she prefers ignis due to its more peppy nature, compact dimensions and high seating. I felt ride quality of baleno is slightly better.
• Build quality wise ignis seems to be better compared to baleno but nowhere near the ritz. Light weight nature of the car is not felt while doing speeds. It’s very stable and the chassis is very nimble and tight.
• No rattles as of now except for the rear parcel tray.
• Interior slowly grows on you. Audio quality is average. Storage spaces inside is average but boot space is good for small families.
• Seats are good and space is also good enough for four well built people. Extra roof height and high seating helps here.
• Safety aspects are really nice with ABS and EBD helping to have confidence at high speeds.EBD seems to help a lot when vehicle is fully loaded with luggage and passengers. The other features are all good and enough for daily use(ZETA).

I exchanged my alto K10 for ignis, the only reason being safety. The zeta model after exchange and discounts costed me 6.75 lakhs on road, which I feel is worth the money put.AMT was not in my preference. My cousin has recently bought an AMT petrol and is very happy about the car, though I pushed him for FORD freestyle. Overall I feel the car is good except for NVH and slightly stiffer ride. The rear design could have been better though.

Last edited by shebin : 17th June 2018 at 13:22.
shebin is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 10:17   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Looks like Ignis is available only in Petrol now. Saw this in newspaper. Only 1.2 VVT Petrol is mentioned.
Yes, MS stopped 1.3 Diesel due to low sales. I think people have alternatives within MS family, the Swift. Maruthi made it a crowded segment. I remind me the Ritz story. (To me, the rear look of Ignis reminds me, Ritz too).
Old 4th July 2018, 11:31   #394
BHPian

There are some great discounts being offered for IGNIS in Bangalore. I was given a 48k discounts without even asking for it and this does not include the additional 15k or 20k exchange bonus. With these discounts, i have jumped from Wagonr/Celerio to Ignis as the Celerio ZXI (O)after discounts costs 6.3lakhs on road in Bangalore whereas Ignis Delta is 6.2 lakhs OTR and Zeta is 6.65lakhs OTR. I am going with Zeta variant most likely. At this current price, I feel IGNIS is a good value for money.
sairamboko is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 16:22   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
There are some great discounts being offered for IGNIS in Bangalore. I was given a 48k discounts without even asking for it and this does not include the additional 15k or 20k exchange bonus. With these discounts, i have jumped from Wagonr/Celerio to Ignis as the Celerio ZXI (O)after discounts costs 6.3lakhs on road in Bangalore whereas Ignis Delta is 6.2 lakhs OTR and Zeta is 6.65lakhs OTR. I am going with Zeta variant most likely. At this current price, I feel IGNIS is a good value for money.
I took a test drive of the ignis petrol manual and amt at Nexa Museum road and was impressed more by the peppy nature of the manual. The gear shifts are smooth. If the zeta version had driver seat height adjust, I would have gone for it. Alpha single tone is 8.12lakh on road before discounts. They offered me upto 36 k in discounts and a 25 k exchange bonus. May I know which showroom you are interacting with, as I can put some added pressure on the sales chap.
drjkonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 16:48   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
I took a test drive of the ignis petrol manual and amt at Nexa Museum road and was impressed more by the peppy nature of the manual. The gear shifts are smooth. If the zeta version had driver seat height adjust, I would have gone for it. Alpha single tone is 8.12lakh on road before discounts. They offered me upto 36 k in discounts and a 25 k exchange bonus. May I know which showroom you are interacting with, as I can put some added pressure on the sales chap.
Sure- its Nexa Pratham, Sarjapur road. On the other hand, due to some sudden change of plans, i have booked the Breezza VDI Started my search with Celerio, Wagon R, Ignis and now finally its down to Breezza!
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 16:58   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Sure- its Nexa Pratham, Sarjapur road. On the other hand, due to some sudden change of plans, i have booked the Breezza VDI Started my search with Celerio, Wagon R, Ignis and now finally its down to Breezza!
I think you have explored the whole portfolio in your buying decision. If I recall I think due to some car lease issue you had finalised the wagon r over the ignis. It would be fascinating to know your journey and the rationale you took to finally decide the car you wanted. Itvwould surely be a good read. I have to agree we enthusiasts are surely a confused lot and want so much from our cars that we often tend to get confused.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 17:15   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I think you have explored the whole portfolio in your buying decision. If I recall I think due to some car lease issue you had finalised the wagon r over the ignis. It would be fascinating to know your journey and the rationale you took to finally decide the car you wanted. Itvwould surely be a good read. I have to agree we enthusiasts are surely a confused lot and want so much from our cars that we often tend to get confused.
Thank you! So going a bit

First thing was we were planning for both the car lease & home loan by next month. That meant we had a restrictive budget for the car. So went with Celerio first. We have a wagon r daily and its driven by dad. Instead of going for naother Wagon R we went with Celerio. However after test ride, i felt that the comfort is not equal to Wagon R's . In the meantime, our bhpians audioholic and jetsetgo suggested Ignis Delta versions. Its cute, small on the outside but spacious inside and I liked the performance of this car. Coming from Altos, Wagonr's, one is bound to like any other higher capacity cars because of the torque and pickup. However the dealer messed up here with the discounts due to car lease. Hence decided to stick with Wagon R, however the Vxi + one. Yesterday i was visiting the showroom with my dad to show him how the Vxi + model looks like. We were waiting and in the meantime we were roaming and just checking other display cars. Breezza was there and we were stunned by its seating comfort and the boot space!! In fact compared to Wagon R, Breezza was SPACES SPACES SPACES everywhere!! Yesterday evening, due to some other developments , the housing project got postponed to next year summer. Armed with this sudden decision, we took test drive of the breezza and its sealed!! This is my first diesel in the family! I am not an enthusiast, however if i had the budget I would have gone for Ecosport. My eligibility for car lease is 10 lakhs OTR in my office and hence selected the VDI variant. Breezza was the second best and its easy to convince everyone in the house if its Maruti. Even we are stunned by the sudden turn out of events
sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 09:41   #399

I am zeroing in on Delta 1.2 MT as my city drive. What FE can i expect in city with 100% AC. If i change to an alloy of 14in and also the tyres (downgrading!), will the ride become more plush due to more side wall width. Anybody did that?
Old 20th August 2018, 10:48   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Few observations regarding the car are below.

• Ground clearance of 180mm is not to my liking. I feel 170 mm would have made the vehicle more settled on high speed and helped ride quality.
Most of your observations are spot on and I agree with you. I just wanted to clarify on your point on Ground Clearance - since you upgraded to the 195/60 R15 tires, your GC has increased to 185 mm and it is no more at 180 mm...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 09:53   #401
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis based Compact Sedan Rendering

I had asked fellow BHP-ian SRK to make a digital render of how would a Compact Sedan based on Maruti Suzuki Ignis look.

And he did a quick digital mock up and sent to me.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-7.jpg

What all can a little stretch of imagination do to a car!
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:14   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
What all can a little stretch of imagination do to a car!
May be someone can try a 7-seater render with Brezza'ish rear. The car will then look like a shrunken fortuner/endeavor.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 01:43   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I had asked fellow BHP-ian SRK to make a digital render of how would a Compact Sedan based on Maruti Suzuki Ignis look.
Looks more like a compact pick-up truck than a sedan. Oddly enough, I seem to like this design for a compact pick-up truck. May be Suzuki should take up this render seriously and design a compact pick-up truck
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:52   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
May be someone can try a 7-seater render with Brezza'ish rear. The car will then look like a shrunken fortuner/endeavor.
Yes, maybe instead of WagonR based 7 seater, a 7 seater Ignis MPV under 4 meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Looks more like a compact pick-up truck than a sedan. Oddly enough, I seem to like this design for a compact pick-up truck. May be Suzuki should take up this render seriously and design a compact pick-up truck
Yeah, maybe they can do that. Ignis already comes with Suzuki's AllGrip system in Japan, maybe instead of bringing Jimny to India, they can make Ignis into a 5 seater Mini Pick-Up, under 4 meters, and sell it in 4x4 model as a niche segment vehicle, thereby opening up an entirely new segment in India as well.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 11:57   #405
BHPian

quick question, Anyone here going for the Ignis drive event at the lalit tomorrow?

Most Viewed