Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 18:02   #601
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Get 195/60R15 size
Doesn't this effect warranty since we are size ?
Old 10th September 2020, 08:33   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
What prompted me to write this post though, was a call that I received today from the Maruti Suzuki central team asking about the "service" which was done recently. It was supposed to be a 10 minute feedback call but mid way through the call, the person from Maruti Suzuki realized that I had only got a cable replaced and it wasnt actually a service that was done. He immediately finished the call when he realized this. Rather premium experience, indeed!
I will still suggest to drop an email to Maruti. This has worked out for me most of the time. Maruti is known to keep their dealers under a tight leash.
Old 12th September 2020, 10:56   #603
BHPian

Planning on getting a Ignis Zeta AMT. The first thing I want to do is change those skinny tyres to 195/60R15. Can someone confirm if this will hamper warranty ?
Old 12th September 2020, 12:24   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Planning on getting a Ignis Zeta AMT. The first thing I want to do is change those skinny tyres to 195/60R15. Can someone confirm if this will hamper warranty ?
Theoretically - yes, it voids warranty to the suspension components and the steering components.

There is no straight answer to this.

But from my experience Maruti is the most lenient of the manufacturers when it comes to after market modifications and warranty. Also, it depends a lot to the relationship between you and your service centre.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:05   #605
BHPian

I am planning to buy an IGNIS Delta. Got the following quote from Ajmer dealership. Called the Jaipur dealership and he says that he can offer me the car at much higher discount than this one. Can anyone help me on which charges do I need to negotiate and what is the onroad price I should aim for?
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200912-1.52.28-pm.jpeg
Old 13th September 2020, 12:32   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
I am planning to buy an IGNIS Delta. Got the following quote from Ajmer dealership. Called the Jaipur dealership and he says that he can offer me the car at much higher discount than this one. Can anyone help me on which charges do I need to negotiate and what is the onroad price I should aim for?

The dealer is not offering anything IMO. Let me elaborate,

Ex-Showroom Price is same as on website. Road Tax seems a bit higher than what Carwale quotes. I hope that price includes Green Tax, HP Charges, New Registration charges, Fastag, etc.

5 Year Warranty can be purchased any time before current warranty expires.

Standard Accessories is a scam. Ask for breakup and upload it here. For few silly items, dealers charge big amount. Most of the items in Std Acc. are available online or in stores.

Most Companies offer loyalty benefit of 5k. Here 885 is small figure.

Current offer by Nexa on Ignis Delta is 25k Cash Discount, 5k Corporate, 15k Exchange Bonus. Total 45k.

On Ignis Zeta, its 35k (15k Cash Discount, 5k Corporate, 15k Exchange Bonus.)

Also, look at Ignis Zeta (Rs. 6.05 lakhs) instead of Delta (Rs. 5.74 lakhs). For 31k additional premium, you get following features,

Fog Lamps
Front Grille with Chrome Accents
Alloy Wheels
Voice Command
Smartplay Infotainment System
In-Built Navigation
Push Button Start/Stop
Electrically Folding ORVMs
Rear Defogger & Wiper

Above features make the Zeta VFM compared to Delta.
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:50   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Current offer by Nexa on Ignis Delta is 25k Cash Discount, 5k Corporate, 15k Exchange Bonus. Total 45k.

On Ignis Zeta, its 35k (15k Cash Discount, 5k Corporate, 15k Exchange Bonus.)

Also, look at Ignis Zeta (Rs. 6.05 lakhs) instead of Delta (Rs. 5.74 lakhs). For 31k additional premium, you get following features,
IMO, discount is 40k on delta variant and 30k on zeta variant. You can check at this link,

https://www.autopunditz.com/category/discount-offers/
So if discount is taken into account, the price difference between the two variants decrease by 10k. But even then I will say, zeta variant comes as more complete variant and one should definately consider it before making purchase.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 13th September 2020 at 12:55.
Old 13th September 2020, 13:43   #608
BHPian

I asked this question in the Tiago thread, so i'll here. How abuse friendly is the Ignis? I already know of how well the Maruti engines hold up. But how well built is the chassis? The plastics? Fit and finish over a long-ish period of time? Thanks!
Old 13th September 2020, 14:18   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I asked this question in the Tiago thread, so i'll here. How abuse friendly is the Ignis? I already know of how well the Maruti engines hold up. But how well built is the chassis? The plastics? Fit and finish over a long-ish period of time? Thanks!
Ignis is no Nexon or Polo or old Figo, but it will hold up just as well as any of its competitors. Ultimately, a lot depends on what kind of roads you drive on and how you take care of your car. Don’t push its limits every now and then, and it will last for years and years.
Old 14th September 2020, 10:04   #610
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy an IGNIS Delta. Got the following quote from Ajmer dealership. Called the Jaipur dealership and he says that he can offer me the car at much higher discount than this one.
From what is listed, standard accessories and reward program are optional, but they will try to sell it as though it is compulsory. It is definitely not. You should negotiate for basic accessories free of charge (mudflap, mats atleast) this is standard. You should get a insurance quote yourself, you'll save a few thousand there. Didn't understand 'offer sharad'. Regardless, get a quote from couple of other dealers. I agree with @carguynish, you should consider Zeta, it's much more value. Won't say the same about Alpha though.
Old 14th September 2020, 12:46   #611
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I asked this question in the Tiago thread,
Most Tiago buyers check Ignis for sure. You're also in same boat.
Quote:
How abuse friendly is the Ignis?
We have AMT petrol ignis as BEATER car since 2018. We literally beat it like this . Very happy ownership and takes abuse with aplomb.
Quote:
how well built is the chassis?
If you're looking for drive-ability then excerpts from t-bhp official review: While it is a tall car, body roll is under control and the overall road manners are pretty good.

Quote:
The plastics? Fit and finish over a long-ish period of time?
No rattles, no issues with the car in our 2 years of ownership.

The car replaces their Ritz. It fulfills that gap except for the build quality which is missing in all of new cars of MS.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 14:10   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
We literally beat it like this. Very happy ownership and takes abuse with aplomb.
That's good to know. While I take good care of my cars, my life takes me on bad roads rather often. It's unavoidable at this point and I've accepted it.

Quote:
No rattles, no issues with the car in our 2 years of ownership.
Yeah, that's necessary for me. My Baleno rattles and it irks me to no end.

Quote:
The car replaces their Ritz.
That's another motivation for us. My dad's a proud owner of '10 Ritz ZXi and swears by it. He loves it to no end.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 14:50   #613
BHPian

Guys I am in a confusion. Whether to go for Ignis Zeta or I10 Grande Sportz? The latter one has more seating space, better infotainment system, reverse parking cameras and rear AC vents. Also, it does cost a tad lower than the Ignis. Please help. My advisor at Maruity Jaipur is giving me a deal for 6.7 lakh if I book today. But I am confused. Please tell which is the better of the two?
Old 15th September 2020, 15:10   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am in a confusion. Whether to go for Ignis Zeta or I10 Grande Sportz? Please tell which is the better of the two?
The i10 has better feel and finish, more features but the Ignis drives better. In the end, the best way to decide would be to take the TD and see if you find the i10 acceptable to drive, it's not to everyone's liking.

Ignis is more upright and with those dimensions, you definitely won't need a reverse camera.
Old 15th September 2020, 20:15   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Swapped the Tyres from JTP (185/60/15) with Ignis .
And got a new set of tyres (195/55/15) for the JTP .

Instant change in the steering feedback of Ignis! From choppy sticky PS4 type steering to a much better one ! Atleast to an extent predictable .

Some pics

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-420b0d1a575c417cade5e124c0871692.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-49e3ba7571184059a011d498e4f8af60.jpeg
Mi10 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed