Team-BHP - Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186894-ford-figo-sports-edition-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 (Post 4395503)
May be you are aware, but just to reiterate -

195/55 -> 107.25mm sidewall. (Figo S)
175/65 -> 113.75mm sidewall. (Figo)
195/60 -> 117mm sidewall. (Punto Emotion Pk)

With the low profile tyres a considerable amount of cushioning is lost, esp. if the car is equipped with stiff springs. Performance suspension setup will further worsen the ride quality.

I think I didn't put it the right way. With bounce I mean the suspension seems to be on softer side. So it bounces on slight undulation. On corners/braking/lane change it dives a little too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4395384)
I got the regular Figo in Feb'18 and upsized to 195 55 R15. This seems to have increased the ground clearance by 6mm. Coming from Punto I feel the ride is bouncy. Is this just me who feel Figo ride is bouncy compared to older model. I am contemplating a change of suspension springs because this bounciness is killing half the joy this car could offer.

I have exclusively driven the old Figo & the Aspire (which I believe has a similar suspension setup like the new Figo). Strictly speaking from ride quality point of view, the Punto has a noticeably better ride quality than the Figo & the Aspire. Punto surely did have a magic carpet ride quality, even the likes of Polo are no match for the Punto when it comes to ride quality. Having said that, changing some suspension part might improve the ride quality but don't expect Punto like ride quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 4395469)
Congrats on your new car!!

Regarding the scheme - does it mean that your car will be registered without mortgage info since you haven't taken any loan yet?

No, car is registered with hypothecation. It's like taking a loan with 1 year moratorium period. You have the option to prepay without any charges.

Done first inspection of my "Sunsuni" today, mileage 2500 kms in 3 weeks. For last couple of days, had a jarring sound coming from the passenger side door when car body vibrates in uneven road. The service engineer tightened the door latch n speaker area with some packing n the sound is gone for now. Will need to monitor for a few days.

My Aspire Sports is delivering 20 kilometres to a litre of diesel. Outstanding. I miss the sheer weight and build quality of my Punto though. Guess you can’t have everything

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul4321 (Post 4397676)
My Aspire Sports is delivering 20 kilometres to a litre of diesel. Outstanding. I miss the sheer weight and build quality of my Punto though. Guess you can’t have everything

Have you checked by the tankful to tankful method? It will be much accurate that way.
Also the driving conditions in which you get these figures.

I get 15 kmpl in city with moderate traffic and AC.

Posting on behalf of a friend who is not a member on this forum. Can the touchscreen from the new Freestyle be retrofitted onto the Figo Sport model? If yes, any idea on the costs involved?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4399812)
Posting on behalf of a friend who is not a member on this forum. Can the touchscreen from the new Freestyle be retrofitted onto the Figo Sport model? If yes, any idea on the costs involved?

Not sure if that will be possible and if yes, whether Ford will do it.

On the Sports, the spot were the touchscreen is, there is the music system. The other option would be to replace the full dashboard with that of the Freestyle., if that is again a possibility.

Too complicated for a touchscreen I would say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4399812)

As another option, there is an aftermarket frame available for the Figo that facilitates fixing of a Double DIN touchscreen HU. Like this.

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-41xyholevfl.jpg

Booked an aspire sports diesel today. After discounts 8.54 OTR Trivandrum. The sales representative also promised to give parking sensors free on delivery.

Is it a good deal ?

I wanted the Ruby red one, but the SA said that since production has already stopped to make way for the facelift, it is almost impossible to get that colour and that the only aspire sports they have in stock is white.

Also on my query if the honeycomb grill of Figo sports can be fitted to the aspire sports, the SA was doubtful and he said that the clips could be different and might need a full bumper replacement. Is anyone aware if that is really the case ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardoop (Post 4403264)
Booked an aspire sports diesel today. After discounts 8.54 OTR Trivandrum. The sales representative also promised to give parking sensors free on delivery.

Is it a good deal ?

I wanted the Ruby red one, but the SA said that since production has already stopped to make way for the facelift, it is almost impossible to get that colour and that the only aspire sports they have in stock is white.

Also on my query if the honeycomb grill of Figo sports can be fitted to the aspire sports, the SA was doubtful and he said that the clips could be different and might need a full bumper replacement. Is anyone aware if that is really the case ?

The bumpers of the Figo and Aspire have subtle differences. There is no way a Figo grill can be fitted in an Aspire unless you change the bumper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardoop (Post 4403264)
Booked an aspire sports diesel today. After discounts 8.54

I recently took delivery of a Black
Aspire Sports. I sent an email to Ford asking them if they can give me the blackened out alloys of the Figo Sports instead of the silver alloys of the Aspire Sports and they still said no- when the size of the rims wheels etc were all the same. I also told them I would gladly pay the difference if any. But they still said No. If they say no to such a simple request, they surely wouldn’t entertain complex queries as factory fitment

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul4321 (Post 4404510)
I sent an email to Ford asking them if they can give me the blackened out alloys of the Figo Sports instead of the silver alloys of the Aspire Sports and they still said no-

Did you also try exchanging your alloys with the accessory division of your dealership? Emailing Ford will surely result in a negative response as they would not want to change the looks of the OEM car by allowing modifications as parent company themselves. But if you speak to the accessories person, he may be able to get you a good deal on your alloys in exchange for the alloys from the Figo S. Unless they too denied the request, then the only option is to go aftermarket or place an order for the black alloy wheel separately if you like the design of the Figo S alloys.

Recently purchased Figo Sports and did few changes like All pillars black and tyres changed to Yoko S-Drive 205/55/r15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta (Post 4433702)
Recently purchased Figo Sports and did few changes like All pillars black and tyres changed to Yoko S-Drive 205/55/r15

Congrats Gangsta on your new car. I'm too planning on sports variant, did you get any discounts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta (Post 4433702)

congratulations for your new ride. The car looks very sporty. I too own an Aspire and I am sure this car will never let you down. By the way, what was the OTR for the car?