Team-BHP - Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186894-ford-figo-sports-edition-official-review-13.html)

Hello People

I have a 2017 Figo Sport Petrol. I'm looking at upgrading the Infotainment system to Android Auto. Any one has done it or has any inputs on the same?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Ford Recalls Figo / Aspire & Freestyle manufactured between Sep 2017 to April 2019 for wiring harness issue for BMS.

Story first broke by FZ Rider here at Aspire thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 4617714)
It is related to body control module reprogramming. It may be VIN specific.

Respective owners may get notifications from Ford or people can check with their respective service centre or search in Ford VIN database for recall information

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/field-service-actions/

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4537990)
Congratulations brother, you've got yourself an amazing car. I tried searching for Figo S diesel few months back with some Mumbai and Thane dealers and did not find any left.

From your display pic, seems like you have got yourself an Abarth Punto. Now, that you were looking for a Figo S, must have definitely done a thorough comparison I am sure.
It will not be very correct to put these two side by side, although I too own a Figo S, Abarth is a special car. It was in my list but my monthly running and expensive parts made me move away from Abarth. Sometimes I do regret it but then Figo S also keeps me and my wallet happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4652593)
From your display pic, seems like you have got yourself an Abarth Punto. Now, that you were looking for a Figo S, must have definitely done a thorough comparison I am sure.
It will not be very correct to put these two side by side, although I too own a Figo S, Abarth is a special car. It was in my list but my monthly running and expensive parts made me move away from Abarth. Sometimes I do regret it but then Figo S also keeps me and my wallet happy.

I couldn’t really manage a good long test drive of Figo S but from all my research back then, I reckon it to be fantastic package altogether at that price point. I did drive the normal Figo TDCI quite a bit and loved the overall package so Figo S could have made me very happy had I got one. My close second in the list were Freestyle or Ecosport in their diesel avatars but life had other plans.

Well, things happen for a reason and I stumbled upon a chance to fulfil my long-awaited dream of owning the crazy little monster that the Abarth is. Things moved quickly and I had the Abarth in my Garage within a month from my heart winning the battle over the mind. After 7 months and almost 9,000 wonderful kms on the ODO, I don’t regret anything, not even the abysmal mileage. But I really hope I can say the same after a couple of years as well!

Nevertheless, both of these are special cars which are neither made nor bought too often in India so let’s enjoy these little pocket rockets and ignore those little short comings, if any 😊

Few random pics where my fellow Fiatians let me be a part for their drive. After all only the Figo S comes close to the handling of a Fiat.

Hello,

I am urgently looking to replace my 2016 Figo's (1.5 DCT) OEM chrome grill with Figo S mesh grill.

When I contacted 2 Ford dealers/workshops in Pune - Talera and Shivalik and the official Ford parts distributor - Autoji, they have not only failed to confirm me wether the grill from Figo S will fit the standard Figo, but have also failed to look up the Figo S grill part number because none of them had chassis number of any Figo S to look up the same. It went as far as they almost discouraging me to go ahead with this.

Would be of tremendous help if any of you could help me with the part number of the Figo S grill, or details of any specific dealer (anywhere in India) who would just sell it to me. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri (Post 4769068)

Would be of tremendous help if any of you could help me with the part number of the Figo S grill, or details of any specific dealer (anywhere in India) who would just sell it to me. Thanks

For the part #, you need to visit one of their parts depot with a VIN which one of the owners here can help you with.
As for the size, it should be the same as the size difference is between the Aspire and Figo grills.

Hi, I was in search of a second hand car and narrowed down to Figo S petrol and Jazz 1.2 petrol. I know both these cars are not a proper comparison, but based on my budget I had to narrow down to these two cars.

Would be really helpfull to know the FE of Figo S Petrol, as the FE is my deciding factor between these 2 cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chembilath (Post 4901866)
Would be really helpfull to know the FE of Figo S Petrol, as the FE is my deciding factor between these 2 cars.

If FE is the most important criteria to chose a good car for yourself then I suggest you look for a well maintained Swift. Jazz should be your second option and Figo S the last. If you can get your hand on a Figo/Freestyle with dragon petrol engine then you may consider it. Swift should be your topmost choice and with so many around, you may well get a maintained one. Servicing is cheap, parts are easily available and the car is very reliable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4902230)
If FE is the most important criteria to chose a good car for yourself then I suggest you look for a well maintained Swift. Jazz should be your second option and Figo S the last. If you can get your hand on a Figo/Freestyle with dragon petrol engine then you may consider it. Swift should be your topmost choice and with so many around, you may well get a maintained one. Servicing is cheap, parts are easily available and the car is very reliable.

Thanks for the input, but I've become a Maruti hater since they introduced their pathetic EPS. Having owned a CIAZ for 5 yrs I can say I'm done with Maruti just because of the steering. Tried living with it, but could not. Fought with Maruti a lot and changed my whole steering unit under warranty but was of no use I knew. Every maruti I took a TD had the same pathetic EPS.
Hence, guess I will go with Jazz itself
Thankyou

Need help: Understand the estimate provided by Ford Service Center (Bhavna - Mumbai) for clutch replacement.

In my Figo S TDCI, I was experiencing difficulty with slotting gears, hard clutch and judder in 1st gear.

Hard clutch issue has been since the initial 3 months itself however the service center mentioned that Ford Clutch assembly is a bit more hard (spring back action) than the other diesel cars. They even bleeded the clutch once and mentioned that there is no issue.

There were 2 events where the gear did not slot when the engine was on. We then had to turn off the engine, slot the gear and then carefully drove it straight to the service center.

Now when they tested the car and opened up the clutch assembly, it has to be changed. Below is the estimate provided by them along with the pics of the clutch plate. My contention is, if the issue has been for several months now and after so many months they have come up with the solution, Ford should help out with a Good Will warranty cover. The car has been driven for just 18K KMs and around 90% of the KMs have been on the Mumbai - Pune expressway. All my cars so far have gone past 50K KMs before a clutch replacement and feel this could not be because of our driving style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 5152601)
Need help: Understand the estimate provided by Ford Service Center (Bhavna - Mumbai) for clutch replacement.

Now when they tested the car and opened up the clutch assembly, it has to be changed. Below is the estimate provided by them along with the pics of the clutch plate. My contention is, if the issue has been for several months now and after so many months they have come up with the solution, Ford should help out with a Good Will warranty cover. The car has been driven for just 18K KMs and around 90% of the KMs have been on the Mumbai - Pune expressway. All my cars so far have gone past 50K KMs before a clutch replacement and feel this could not be because of our driving style.

It is surprising that the clutch wore out in 18k kms. Even being a diesel, it should have lasted atleast 60-70k kms.

I think you should pursue with Ford for a good will warranty replacement since this is a premature part replacement. Not sure how they will honor this or respond because of the scenario now, but no harm in trying.

The other option to save some money if they don't agree, would be to buy the parts and get it replaced at a reputed garage outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 5152601)

In general, clutch replacements hardly are covered in goodwill warranty unless the vehicle is in its first year (even then, it is under their discretion). I say this because I saw many M&M owners facing clutch issues under 10000 (< second free service!). Many still had to pay even when their vehicle was under warranty. Now, I am not sure how Ford will deal with this situation, given the age of your car and mainly their current scenario in India. Hope you will be able to settle it amicably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5152737)
It is surprising that the clutch wore out in 18k kms. Even being a diesel, it should have lasted atleast 60-70k kms.

I think you should pursue with Ford for a good will warranty replacement since this is a premature part replacement. Not sure how they will honor this or respond because of the scenario now, but no harm in trying.

The other option to save some money if they don't agree, would be to buy the parts and get it replaced at a reputed garage outside.

Update: Had few calls with the Ford Customer Care & Service Manager at Bhavna Ford and they have denied to cover it under warranty.

I have escalated to a level above the customer care representative. However from their tone, they seem to be unwilling to help or even consider a middle path.

I offerred them to pay 50% and rest to be covered by Ford. Even on this they were reluctant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 5154307)
Update: Had few calls with the Ford Customer Care & Service Manager at Bhavna Ford and they have denied to cover it under warranty.

I have escalated to a level above the customer care representative. However from their tone, they seem to be unwilling to help or even consider a middle path.

I offerred them to pay 50% and rest to be covered by Ford. Even on this they were reluctant.

It will be difficult to get a warranty replacement.

If you can get the cost of the parts, check with a good FNG, but this may only save a small amount. Rather get the work done at the Authorised centre to be on safe side in case of future issues.

I am interested in as to why the clutch failed early, which they haven't told either.