Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 18:37   #196
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I am interested in as to why the clutch failed early, which they haven't told either.
As per them, the car has been driven riding the clutch more than it can take. They also took pictures (attached in my previous post) as evidence that the clutch plate and assembly has gone kaput because of bad driving habbits.

I am not an expert to say anything even after looking at the clutch plate and assembly, can you help decipher the state and probably come up with your interpretation?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2021 at 19:19. Reason: Typo
Old 20th September 2021, 18:50   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

I am not an expert to say anything even after looking at the clutch plate and assembly, can you help decipher the state and probably come up with your interpretation?
I am not sure either. It does look worn, but not sure how much it has worn or if it is worn enough for a replacement.

Maybe someone who knows about that can respond.
Old 21st November 2021, 20:28   #198
BHPian

I am planning to get my tyres changed after using my stock Apollo Alnac 4Gs for 53000 kilometers.

Does anybody here have any good experiences with any other brands in the same size of 195 / 55 R15. I am pretty satisfied with the stock Apollos and may go for them again if there are no better upgrades available for the Aspire

I am looking for a hard compound for long distance driving with a fully loaded car. I don't care too much about high speed performance or the ability to take corners at high speeds as i drive at a speed of 100 about 90 percent of the time and 120 max the remaining 10 percent as i travel with my family and dogs

Posting here because the Figo S and Aspire S have the same tyre size

Last edited by rahul4321 : 21st November 2021 at 20:33.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:56   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
I am planning to get my tyres changed after using my stock Apollo Alnac 4Gs for 53000 kilometers.

I am looking for a hard compound for long distance driving with a fully loaded car. I don't care too much about high speed performance or the ability to take corners at high speeds as i drive at a speed of 100 about 90 percent of the time and 120 max the remaining 10 percent as i travel with my family and dogs

I would say for your mentioned requirements, stick to the same Alnac 4G. From my experience, it is an underrated tyre and does well in all conditions and lasts long as well.
I was pleasantly surprised when I got my car with these tyres.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 16:38   #200
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
I would say for your mentioned requirements, stick to the same Alnac 4G. From my experience, it is an underrated tyre and does well in all conditions and lasts long as well.
Fiat gave my Punto evo with Alnac 4G as stock. I had changed after around 43000 km to Michelin XM2. Now for 3rd set I'm back again to Alnac 4G at 98000 Km. Total VFM product from Apollo.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 17:38   #201
BHPian

Quote:

Does anybody here have any good experiences with any other brands in the same size of 195 / 55 R15. I am pretty satisfied with the stock Apollos and may go for them again if there are no better upgrades available for the Aspire

Go for Yoko Earth 1S. It is specifically designed for India and is VFM product. I have a Michelin on my Figo S from day 1. XM2 is silent, has a firm grip and is smooth. However, neither do I drive aggressively nor do I have the luxury of good roads in Mumbai. My next would be either Yoko Earth 1S or may repeat a Michelin (depending on budget) From few reviews on Figo / Aspire S, the stock Apollo Alnac 4G is rated highly by the users. You may also consider sticking to these stock tyres if you dont want to spend much.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 26th November 2021 at 18:04.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:42   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Fiat gave my Punto evo with Alnac 4G as stock. I had changed after around 43000 km to Michelin XM2. Now for 3rd set I'm back again to Alnac 4G at 98000 Km. Total VFM product from Apollo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Go for Yoko Earth 1S. It is specifically designed for India and is VFM product. I have a Michelin on my Figo S from day 1. XM2 is silent, has a firm grip and is smooth. However, neither do I drive aggressively nor do I have the luxury of good roads in Mumbai. My next would be either Yoko Earth 1S or may repeat a Michelin (depending on budget) From few reviews on Figo / Aspire S, the stock Apollo Alnac 4G is rated highly by the users. You may also consider sticking to these stock tyres if you dont want to spend much.

Thank you so much for your inputs everybody. I guess I will stick to the Apollo 4G's in that case. It also helps that there is a 400-500 rupee difference in the prices of the Apollo versus the same sized ones from Yokohoma which VWAllstar suggested as well as Goodyear ones which I had also heard good reviews about. The Apollo's are costing me 4700 / tyre approximately while the other two are in the vicinity of 5200 / tyre. Guess I will stick the 4G's in that case

Thanks once again everybody!
rahul4321 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 15:30   #203
BHPian

Hey All,

Need some help and pick bright minds here to understand the issue I have been facing with my Figo S's Gear Box. Since sometime now, I have had issues with slotting the gears properly. Twice the gear got stuck at neutral and did not move to any other gear. Then later, the gear got stuck at Reverse and couldnt move to any other gear or neutral.

I recently got the entire Clutch Assembly changed (@ 19K KMs) for premature wear & tear. I had reported the car to service station for gear issues and they mentioned the clutch assembly need to be changed. I tried for a good will warranty and Ford India denied the same.

Since few days, I could see a lot of oil on my parking slot under the left side of front bumper. Took the car to Ford Bhawna (Kalina) and they got it on the ramp. There was incessant dripping of oil (pictures attached) As they are working on it to find the fault / leakage, is there anything I should be knowing in advance? Also, the car was driven with so much gear oil already leaked, so is there a preemptive measure for the Gear Box to taken?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-20211214_113059.jpg  

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-20211214_113303.jpg  

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-20211214_113055.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th December 2021 at 15:31.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 00:33   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for your inputs everybody. I guess I will stick to the Apollo 4G's in that case. It also helps that there is a 400-500 rupee difference in the prices of the Apollo versus the same sized ones from Yokohoma which VWAllstar suggested as well as Goodyear ones which I had also heard good reviews about. The Apollo's are costing me 4700 / tyre approximately while the other two are in the vicinity of 5200 / tyre. Guess I will stick the 4G's in that case

Thanks once again everybody!
Got a new set of Apollo Alnac's fitted into the car at approximately 57000 kilometers. The tyres could easily have done 5000 kilometers more but the left side front was constantly leaking air and no matter how many times, I got the tyre leak repaired, the tyre would still slowly leak air and the air pressure of 33 PSI would go down to 20 PSI in 48 hours or less.

Fed up, got all 4 wheels changed for 4600 rupees / tyre. The car feels great to drive now with better grip and strong sidewalls of the new tyres.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 16th February 2022 at 00:36.
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 14:34   #205
BHPian

Hey Guys I am looking to upgrade the head unit in my Figo S my18. I am looking at Sony xav 5500(7inch). But i am unable to procure a frame for the dashboard. Can someone suggest where I might find one?
Attached Images

Most Viewed