Team-BHP - Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186894-ford-figo-sports-edition-official-review-2.html)

Thanks for the crisp review. Definitely aids my selection process. How I wish Ford India re-thinks its current strategy of not offering any Test Drives of Figo S to potential customers. This will definitely help some of the enthusiasts take the plunge after all.

Besides, I really don’t get it why some Ford Dealers are proactively advocating against Figo S. Just got off a call with manager from local ford dealer who said Figo S just has cosmetic changes only. I was surprised at such a statement in these days of super quick online reviews especially from media drives such as this one. I politely highlighted to him some key differences like bigger rims, tyre width and stiffer suspension setup to which he said all of these really don’t matter that much & recommended to go for Titanium+ version of regular figo instead. I can understand the probable cause for this as shortage of Figo S allotment to particular dealer in question but this is no way to play down a wonderful offering such as this. Hoping to TD the car soon, if not from the showroom, then maybe from some direct contacts looking to get this baby. Meanwhile, it would be wonderful to see some real life pictures of Figo S in other colors apart from White & Black.

Great review.

Any possibility of this car making a debut in AT guise, we are in the market for an AT car for my dad, and though everyone in family feels Baleno is the best bet, i am somehow not convinced. Add to it the fact that i will get to drive it quite a bit, i really want a peppy motor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4198814)
Great review.

Any possibility of this car making a debut in AT guise, we are in the market for an AT car for my dad, and though everyone in family feels Baleno is the best bet, i am somehow not convinced. Add to it the fact that i will get to drive it quite a bit, i really want a peppy motor.

Don't see Ford offering the car in the A/T guise unfortunately. This would bump up the prices and cause sticker shock to prospective and uninformed Indian customers.

I do understand your dilemma but luck is something that isn't favouring you right now I would say. Why don't you check out the 1.5 petrol+DCT combination. Could help you in making a better decision. Additionally, if you want to stick to a diesel automatic only, check out the Ignis 1.3 AMT. You could also look at the Ameo 1.5 TDI DSG if you extend your budget slightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishy76 (Post 4198837)
Don't see Ford offering the car in the A/T guise unfortunately. This would bump up the prices and cause sticker shock to prospective and uninformed Indian customers.

I do understand your dilemma but luck is something that isn't favouring you right now I would say. Why don't you check out the 1.5 petrol+DCT combination. Could help you in making a better decision. Additionally, if you want to stick to a diesel automatic only, check out the Ignis 1.3 AMT. You could also look at the Ameo 1.5 TDI DSG if you extend your budget slightly.

I test drove the 1.5 petrol + dct combo, but found it lacking. The AMT ignis is not in alpha, I did not like the interior of delta. No sedan, as it is our secondary car as I already have a vento TSI. New swift dzire might convince him, but he is convinced that he wants a small car.

Guess will go with baleno, would have been awesome if this was in AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myavu (Post 4198791)
But none of the variants (in regular Figo) including Titanium + provides adjustable headrests.:Frustrati:Frustrati

Oh but they did. All Titanium+ cars after October 2015 had rear adjustable headrests. Here's the post with a link to pictures of the same:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 3848376)
It seems Ford has updated the rear headrests to adjustable ones, nice addition, I think they are listening to what people have to say.

Link (Post # 120) -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...-review-8.html

Thank You !! The review I was waiting for. I was disappointed that my tryst with Ford would end soon once my 5 year old Mk 5 Figo starts showing its age, which itself replaced a 7 year old Ikon. Looks like I need not go any where else for my next hatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4198861)
Oh but they did. All Titanium+ cars after October 2015 had rear adjustable headrests. Here's the post with a link to pictures of the same:

No, they didn't. Mine is a March 2016 manufactured Figo 1.2 Titanium+. It has fixed headrests in the rear seat.
Link to the post

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 4198885)
No, they didn't. Mine is a March 2016 manufactured Figo 1.2 Titanium+. It has fixed headrests in the rear seat.
Link to the post

Not sure how your car is missing the adjustable rear headrests but I have personally seen them at the dealership. Plus if you see the link in the post, there's a pic of the rear headrest which is adjustable.

Perhaps it was dropped off soon after or missing in some batches or it might be only for diesel models and not for the 1.2 petrol. However the Titanium+ was being sold later on with adjustable headrests that's for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4198861)

Yes I also read it long time back. IIRC that doesn't make it into production version. The leaked one was of export variant.

Please find the updated brochure attached. No mention in that also.

figo-brochure.pdf

NB: Right now I had just confirmed it from Delhi Ford. None of the Figo variants have rear adjustable headrests.

Cheers!

This is absolutely drool material. I had casually visited Ford showroom , the Figo S was so good that I was tempted to swap my Ecosport . The front seats were spot on and gives you a big car feel unlike the competition. While the car did not feel as solid as Ecosport, it was definitely ages ahead of Maruti/other Japanese and Koreans.

Thanks a lot for the thorough report of the car!! Was waiting for team-bhp version of the review since all media houses have released theirs some time ago. The wait was worth it as it captures a lot of detail compared to other reviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4198678)
The Figo Sports Edition gets a suspension system similar to the UK-spec Figo. Both - the front and rear springs - have been chopped off and thus, been lowered by 10 mm. The anti-roll bar has been beefed up and the car gets wider 195 mm tyres with 15" wheels.

On the above, is it only the spring height that has been reduced or are there any more changes to the suspension components? Curious as if it is just the spring height, this can probably be retro fitted on a normal Figo (probably a buyer who wants T+ for safety but the ride quality of the Sports) unless there are changes to the sub components of the suspension as well.

In fact I drive the new Figo with the 195/55-15 set up & my car feels just right in terms of comfort over bad roads & steering feel at parking speeds as well as highways, the only limiting factor when taking corners with passengers on board is the body roll. If this lowered springs and beefier anti-roll bar can be retro-fitted on to the regular variant as well, I would surely go in for this! Also if you have seen, what is the size of the wheel (6J or 6.5J)?

Thanks for the wonderful review, Viddy! Was waiting with bated breath for this one for long.

I may be looking for a small hatch to replace my almost 16-year old WagonR, and this seems to be the perfect one. However, I might even go for an Ecosport or any of the to-be-launched compact SUVs in that segment.

But as it is primarily for my wife, I might end up with this only. I am still content with my Fiesta 1.6. But the replacement for the WagonR will only be after a year. Meanwhile, I hope the government announces some policy for scrapping old cars, so that I can have the best of both worlds!

Thanks for the detailed review. :)
Good to see that Ford made sure that the changes are not merely superficial.​ I remember what Maruti did with the Swift RS in 2013 and Ciaz RS later in 2015. (They pretty much didn't do anything except adding a body kit lol: )

The additional 50K is justifiable in my opinion unlike the Baleno RS' premium of 1.5 lakhs over the ordinary Baleno. But, they could have offered the sports version on the top variant too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4198734)
Was eagerly waiting for this review especially since I will be getting my Aspire S next week.

The white stitches on the Aspire should have been red as on the Figo and they should have re-designed the speedometer console on both.

Apart from that, I am hoping this lives up to the super driving experience I have had with my previous gen Figo for the last 7 years.

+1. I too was waiting for the teambhp review of the Figo S. I booked a Figo diesel S Ingot Silver in the last week of April and am expecting the car by the end of this week or latest by next week beginning.

The dealers seem to be allotted only very few cars and from what I have heard from the dealer here, the waiting period comes close to 2 months now.

Test drive seems to be unavailable and everyone there is clueless about it.

The Aspire S does not quite look as sporty and tasteful as the Figo S. Good job with the Figo though clap:, having borrowed a few cues from the International Fords - front looks very much like the Focus (thats mine :D)