Team-BHP - Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186894-ford-figo-sports-edition-official-review-4.html)

Great review there!

Excellent addition to the Figo range albeit a bit lacking on the safety front as Ford decided not to have the Titanium+ for the S.
And at the time when petrol is gaining back, a Figo S with 1.0 Ecoboost engine would have been ideal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 4199378)
Yes, I saw the post and I am surprised.

My sales executive too confirmed that the Figo Titanium+ models that they sold, never had Adjustable rear seat headrests. Titanium+ Figos are rare and the last one he sold was in Aug 2016 and even that didn't have them. Even the 2017 models in their stockyard don't have it. So it is puzzling.

What are the chances of an export model having ended up at the showroom by mistake and may be that's the one you saw?

Your post might give the clue why they did not introduce the sport variant based on Titanium+

Its been said that EcoBoost is not being plonked into this Figo, since in most european markets(and even many others) it sells alongside the Fiesta, which btw its based on.
So putting the Fiesta's flagship engine(in the mainstream versions) would clearly create a competition within the family, and the enthusiasts will pick the cheaper product.

But they should rethink this strategy in a market like india where the Figo has no ford to compete with, the ecosport is a good 3 lacs more (50 percent more). And i think it would be rather cheaper for Ford to introduce a Fiesta hatch in here with the ecoboost than to mate the Figo chassis with the Ecoboost. Whatever they do, just do one of them. Team bhp is desperately waiting!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4198984)
Agree with that.
My guess was they wanted to showcase the drift capabilities of the Figo.

A FWD car with improved handling should ideally have nothing to do with drifting I guess :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 4198758)
Am I the only to feel the choice of location for the media drive (a salt pan) to be a visual disaster? The cars are full of dust and the wheels are eek.

And let me get this right,

1. Ford India takes Ford Ka.
2. Tinkers with Ford DNA i.e replaces Ford ish parts with Maruti ish parts.
3. Tries to sell Figo twins in India. Typical Maruti buyer doesn't care. Typical Ford buyer is shocked and disappointed.
4. Eureka moment at Ford. Replace parts tinkered in #2 with the original aka Ford Ka parts and sell it a premium as Figo Sports.
5. Typical Maruti buyer still won't care. Typical Ford buyer may buy; but wait he can't have all. He can't buy it with 1L ecoboost or 1.5L Petrol or Titanium+ trim. Force him to choose the dieselclap:

Even though this is a good attempt from Ford, I cannot forget the fact that the damn car should have been with this handling spec from day1.

Agree.
Ouch. It hurts. Just saw a look at Carwale price for diesel which is the sportier version. More than 8.8 lacs on road in Mumbai. Will punch a hole in the pocket at that price point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 4199504)
A FWD car with improved handling should ideally have nothing to do with drifting I guess :)

A different kind of drifting rather.

Quoting from the review ;

The Figo Sports is also more eager to turn in and will hang its tail out ever so slightly if you lift off the throttle mid-corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayram.r (Post 4199706)
Agree.
Ouch. It hurts. Just saw a look at Carwale price for diesel which is the sportier version. More than 8.8 lacs on road in Mumbai. Will punch a hole in the pocket at that price point.

At 8.8L on road it's cheaper than the Ignis diesel with a 1.3L engine and the 3 cylinder Grand i10. I would say the Ignis and Grand i10 punch a bigger hole in the pocket. With the Figo 8.8L gives you a stonking 1.5L engine with 99BHP and the sportier suspension. In terms of performance, the Grand i10 and Ignis are not even in the picture.

The top end Ignis Alpha is 60K more for LEd lights, reversing camera and touch screen.

The choice is between few extra features or the heart of the car i.e. engine and chassis. It's probably the only well priced hot hatch in India today

Ford India should atleast start considering plonking the 1.5L EcoBoost engine in the Figo. Its already available with Ford Focus in a few markets since 2015. With 150 PS of power, that will put the diesel firmly in its place.:D

Great Review Vid6639 :thumbs up

Good attempt by Ford especially on the Exteriors, but still i somehow i believe my FIGO looks better :D ;

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616454.062967.jpg

Just need that front honeycomb grille & im set

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4200004)
Just need that front honeycomb grille & im set :)

Agreed! Those alloys are just awesome. Apart from the grille, see if you can get your hands on those dampers and springs that come with the S variant and you should be all set :D

Quote:

Great Review Vid6639 :thumbs up

Good attempt by Ford especially on the Exteriors, but still i somehow i believe my FIGO looks better :D ;

Just need that front honeycomb grille & im set :)

No offence meant dear friend, to me the Figo S looks better. Probably a rare occasion where the stock car looks great. While your car has better rubber and alloys, the stock Figo S looks wicked with that lowered suspension resulting in a squat position. The blacked out roof, mirrors,headlamps, grille etc. makes it stand out.

Quote:

Great Review Vid6639

Absolutely, great review by Vid6639 and equally great set of pictures too :thumbs up

Quote:

Good attempt by Ford especially on the Exteriors, but still i somehow i believe my FIGO looks better

It does look good, but can you coax fellow bhpian abhinav.s to share a pic of his newly acquired hot hatch and then decide ?

OT : he generally maintains low profile even on a HIGH profile wheel and alloys.

abhinav.s are you listening ? :)

Any idea what is the engine rpm corresponding to 100, 120 and 140 kmph in the top gear, for the diesel variant?

Also, the NVH levels while cruising at 100kmph?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keynote (Post 4200176)
It does look good, but can you coax fellow bhpian abhinav.s to share a pic of his newly acquired hot hatch and then decide ? OT : he generally maintains low profile even on a HIGH profile wheel and alloys. abhinav.s are you listening ? :)

:uncontrol Come on dude, you know very well, there is nothing high or low profile! Just that I do not have too many pics that I have taken. The car has now completed 4400 in 2 months of ownership & below is a pic taken from mobile on the day of delivery after the alloy and tyre change.

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-edited-figo.jpg

@CrazyDriver, , have not paid close attention to the RPM at different speeds, but NVH for this class of vehicle is very very good. On good divided National Highways, you will hardly notice the engine sound at 110-120kmph speeds and since I have changed the tyres from stock MRF, there is no road noise seeping in as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4200202)
Any idea what is the engine rpm corresponding to 100, 120 and 140 kmph in the top gear, for the diesel variant?

Also, the NVH levels while cruising at 100kmph?

Crazy driver, check the original Figo review linked in the second post, it's mentioned there.