Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 23:04   #166
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Congrats Gangsta on your new car. I'm too planning on sports variant, did you get any discounts?
Thank you. Dealer offered me 1 lakh discount initially but managed to fetch 40k more discount bcoz i never wanted 15k accessory which was included, rest depending on your bargaining skills. Recently they have a fantastic offer going on loans for figo/aspire in delhi ... upto 4 lakh loan with 0% interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
congratulations for your new ride. The car looks very sporty. I too own an Aspire and I am sure this car will never let you down. By the way, what was the OTR for the car?
Thanks a lot i'm enjoying driving this pocket rocket. It was 7.5L.

Last edited by Gangsta : 25th July 2018 at 23:09.
Gangsta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 23:10   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Thank you. Dealer offered me 1 lakh discount initially but managed to fetch 40k more discount bcoz i never wanted 15k accessory which was included, rest depending on your bargaining skills. Recently they have a fantastic offer going on loans for figo/aspire in delhi ... upto 4 lakh loan - 0% interest.

Thanks a lot i'm enjoying driving this pocket rocket. It was 7.5L.
Looks like an amazing deal. I bought my Aspire Titanium TDCi for 7.88l OTR in Delhi 7 months ago.

Will love to see your ride personally. Maybe sometime in future.

Congratulations once again.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd February 2019 at 07:14. Reason: Spacing
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 08:00   #168
BHPian

Ford Dealers in Mumbai aren't selling or taking orders for Figo Sports Diesel. You are one lucky man to get it with such a good discount. One regret would be that I never got to drive it even for a test drive. Everytime I see the S sticker I feel like asking the driver to let me drive it for a few kms. Hopefully one day I do dare to actually ask for such a thing. Keep posting your experience with the Figo Sports.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th August 2018 at 11:45. Reason: Fixing typo: date = dare
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 22:40   #169
BHPian

do we have any confirmation on the launch date of Facelift Figo? I had heard October but dealers have no clue. am looking for an AT for my wife. Currently my eyes are on Grand i10 but can wait if it's worth. I dont like Hyundai missing out on key features on AT variant.
Old 1st October 2018, 22:43   #170
BHPian

Hello members, need your help to clear my confusion. I am currently looking to buy the Ford figo diesel sports edition. When i enquired about the availability of the stock, one dealer has a silver color which is march 2018 make as figo production has been stopped long back.

1) Now i'm really confused to go for a 6 month old car which is at dealer stockyard(bidadi) for six months.
2) I'm getting the car for 8.7 lacs and for an extra 30-40k, i can get the titanium variant of freestyle with improved gearbox and lot of features.
3) My heart is set on the figo sports edition but mind says freestyle.

Need your valuable advice and inputs

Last edited by harish619 : 1st October 2018 at 22:55.
Old 1st October 2018, 22:52   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Hello members, need your help to clear my confusion. I am currently looking to buy the Ford figo sports edition. When i enquired about the availability of the stock, one dealer has a silver color which is march 2018 make as figo production has been stopped long back.

1) Now i'm really confused to go for a 6 month old car which is at dealer stockyard(bidadi) for six months.
2) I'm getting the car for 8.7 lacs and for an extra 30-40k, i can get the titanium variant of freestyle with improved gearbox and lot of features.
3) My heart is set on the figo sports edition but mind says freestyle.

Need your valuable advice and inputs
Personally, I wouldn’t pick a vehicle that has been lying idle in the yard for 6 months. Moroever, the facelift is just around the corner which makes this an outdated model.

If the Freestyle Titanium is 30 - 40k more expensive than this one, it’s a No - Brainer. Since the Sports edition is offered only on the Titanium trim, you won’t be losing out on safety or convenience features if you opt for the Freestyle Titanium. The Freestyle is a newly launched car too, and will fetch you a slightly higher resale, down the line.

Regarding the suspension, the Freestyle is as stable and handles as well as the Figo Sports. Certainly, due to the stiffer suspension, the Figo would have a slight edge over here. The Freestyle’s suspension combines great stability with excellent ride quality too, something the Figo doesn’t offer.

If I were in your place, my pick would definitely be the Freestyle Titanium TDCI.

Last edited by Prathiiik : 1st October 2018 at 22:55.
Old 15th December 2018, 20:25   #172
BHPian

I walked into a Ford dealership today to casually check out Aspire but what caught my eyes was the Figo S. Enquired about it within 5 minutes of discussion, got indication of good discount. There may be a room for good negotiation but I am wondering if Figo S is worth buying now, given there is Freestyle and new Aspire in market. To put things in perspective, I am eagerly waiting for Tiago JTP which seems to be the perfect unicorn with even showrooms showing diminishing interest.

Honestly, I don't need a diesel since I won't be driving daily but don't mind getting Figo S diesel for slightly more than JTP. But, is the S special enough over Freestyle and new Aspire, when it comes to dynamics and ride, given that all of them share same engine?
Old 15th December 2018, 20:43   #173
Senior - BHPian

The S would have been different when it was introduced in comparison to the old Aspire and Figo.

Now with the Freestyle and new Aspire, both of which don't have 14 inch and 175 tyres, I think the handling and ride would be almost as good as the S. The only part that is different on the S would be the looks and the all black interiors.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd February 2019 at 07:13. Reason: Spacing
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 23:59   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
...Honestly, I don't need a diesel since I won't be driving daily but don't mind getting Figo S diesel for slightly more than JTP. But, is the S special enough over Freestyle and new Aspire, when it comes to dynamics and ride, given that all of them share same engine?
If you manage to get the Figo S around the same price for JTP, you could buy the Figo - Good engine, better mileage for the same driving, bigger car / better space.

I didnt TD the S version, but liked the Freestyle overall, when I drove it. However, someone who has good experience with both these cars told me "Freestyle is a very practical car while Figo S is enthusiastic" - guess this statement makes it easy to decide? At least, made clear distinguish for me

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th December 2018 at 00:00.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 09:58   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The only part that is different on the S would be the looks and the all black interiors.
For some reason, I am smitten by Figo looks. In my excitement, when I visited the showroom, I didn't even checkout the Aspire, even though it was the Aspire I wanted to check since I thought Figo is already discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you manage to get the Figo S around the same price for JTP, you could buy the Figo - Good engine, better mileage for the same driving, bigger car / better space.

I didn't TD the S version, but liked the Freestyle overall, when I drove it. However, someone who has good experience with both these cars told me "Freestyle is a very practical car while Figo S is enthusiastic" - guess this statement makes it easy to decide? At least, made clear distinguish for me
I test drove Freestyle as well since the showroom had only 2 Figo S, one in display, the other in yard, so no TD car. The idea for test-driving Freestyle was to get a feel for the engine. What an engine! There is no push from turbo and very linear acceleration. I somehow don't like the Freestyle look, but then wife liked Freestyle more when I showed her the pics and she's totally against a diesel.

In all, my excursion to Ford showroom is purely academic at present. Unless Ford makes me an offer I can't refuse.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:20   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
For some reason, I am smitten by Figo looks. In my excitement, when I visited the showroom, I didn't even checkout the Aspire, even though it was the Aspire I wanted to check since I thought Figo is already discontinued.

I test drove Freestyle as well since the showroom had only 2 Figo S, one in display, the other in yard, so no TD car. The idea for test-driving Freestyle was to get a feel for the engine. What an engine! There is no push from turbo and very linear acceleration. I somehow don't like the Freestyle look, but then wife liked Freestyle more when I showed her the pics and she's totally against a diesel.

In all, my excursion to Ford showroom is purely academic at present. Unless Ford makes me an offer I can't refuse.
I would suggest going for the diesel in case of the Figo. Doesn't matter if your running isn't much. The diesel engine character is almost there with some petrol engines in NVH too with the bonus of high fuel efficiency.

With the Figo S, the ride will be a bit harsh at slow speeds, but nothing to complain about. Were it shines is at high speeds since it holds its line on curves and is stable on a straight line as long as the road is not too bumpy.

High speeds ruts are dismissed nicely too. You will feel some lightness too if you are used to driving a heavy car before.

If you need the boot space, go for the Aspire. Dynamics wise, both the Figo & Aspire S are similar.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd February 2019 at 07:13. Reason: Spacing
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 18:10   #177
BHPian

So, the Figo S negotiation is going nowhere. To lure the sales person, I even sent him the Figo refresh pics posted on this forum. However, dealer's best quote is actually matching Freestyle Titanium Diesel price. I even told the sales person that at the rate which you are offering me Figo S, I can get Freestyle from you. He agreed and expressed helplessness that it is the best that he can manage. I would really like to hear from him in few months if he managed to sell that Figo S for that price!!
Old 1st February 2019, 21:29   #178
BANNED

Hi,

This is my second post (first being introduction) and I am so glad to share the happiness of booking a Ford Figo Sports TDCI with people who would really understand such a so called weird decision.

I have been contemplating owning this car since 6 months. But with the pricing and my real need of a second car did not really justify my investment. To be honest it still does not justify my decision to put my money on Figo with it's facelift being just around the corner. But it is 'Sports' and the tweaked suspension with an expectation of it being at least 3/4th of what Fiesta S was keeps me happy and eager to start owning the Figo S.

I shall be as transparent as I can with you all. The car as per the VIN is February 2018 manufactured. I have thoroughly checked the car in person and have got a great deal. The car is in good shape and all fluids, oils and filters changed by the dealer before delivery. With the service cost being so less, plan to change all consumables again at 2500 Kms or before.

The warranty will start from the day of delivery as promised by the dealer. Will need all of your inputs to validate the same with documents. Also need help with running in the car as this is a real emotional decision than anything else and I wish to have everything right with this car.

Many posts in Team BHP suggested Freestyle over the defunct Figo S. But I just could not connect with Freestyle, don't take me wrong, it is an excellent product but with the raised height I was not sold with its FTD factor compared to Figo.

Mine is White with all the tastefully done mods in black (except those tacky silver strips at the rear, the sides are still decent). Plan is to swap the tyres with Yokohama Earth 1 as Michelin XM2 are a tad expensive (inputs welcomed as I haven't taken the delivery yet)

Have been watching a lot of Power drift videos on Figo S to keep imbibing the happiness to own a very unique and perfect match to my liking. The delivery could be on the 7th Feb, a week before my birthday. Don't mind celebrating my birthday a week in advance than waiting for The Figo S to be mine a week later.

Accessories planned : Mud flaps, floor mats, parking sensors, ambient lighting, Teflon coating and anti rust treatment.
Feel free to be part of such a fantasy coming true for me and vicarously experience my joy. Special appreciation for my father for being such a sport just for me.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd February 2019 at 07:12. Reason: Spacing
CruiseControl80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 08:29   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl80 View Post
Plan is to swap the tyres with Yokohama Earth 1 as Michelin XM2 are a tad expensive (inputs welcomed as I haven't taken the delivery yet)
The car comes with good rubber. Apollo Alnac4g are good all round tyres and has good grip while pushing the car too. Would be waste of money changing it, for me.
Since the car is standing for a year, check for damages or cracks on the tyre.
Old 2nd February 2019, 10:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl80 View Post
Hi,

This is my second post (first being introduction) and I am so glad to share the happiness of booking a Ford Figo Sports TDCI with people who would really understand such a so called weird decision.
Congratulations brother, you've got yourself an amazing car. I tried searching for Figo S diesel few months back with some Mumbai and Thane dealers and did not find any left. Who is your dealer if you don't mind asking.

I'm sure you are taking all precautions to get the car checked so nothing much to recommend apart from enjoying the ride thoroughly once it's delivered

Last edited by camitesh : 2nd February 2019 at 10:45. Reason: Shortened OPs post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks