Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 14:21   #211
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post

2) the car was parked in hot sun
6) A/c took time to cool cabin. Family at back seat didn't complain.
7) speeding over humps , esp ones on UCPE ground road was very stable, no rolling etc.

Congrats buddy on booking the WRV.

I accompanied my friend a couple of days back for a short WRV TD. I was the rear passenger trying to identify all sorts of rattles, squeaks. Crystal Honda Bavdhan had a petrol version available for TD. Took the bypass route upto NIA and back.

The front seat was set for his 5' 6" frame and I was pleasantly surprised with the acres of space available. The salesman (@ 6') had pushed his seat around midway mark. But that too left generous space for rear left passenger.

For points 2, 6 - AC, I found it lacking in cooling for rear passengers, may be since the car had been baking in almost 40C heat. It wasn't chilly at all but did not feel suffocated. The blower is noisy.

For point 7, I noticed quite a bit of vertical movement in the rear when going over humps or pot holes at a moderate speed.

A fair bit of road noise was filtering in from the boot area. I highlighted this to the Sales person and he said the TD vehicle was involved in a not so major rear end accident and could be the reason for it. But surprisingly for a TD car that too out of an accident, the vehicle was rattle free, road noise that crept in was not intrusive or jarring. The seats were comfy but a tad softer.

Overall I was impressed with the vehicle. But sadly not in the market for a new car right now.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
But can't have magic seats at a million rupees (gulp), can't give you split seat at a million rupees (gulp, gulp), don't bother about the adjustable rear headrests for a million rupees.

I agree. Rear passengers too should have adjustable head rests. Not just for comfort, it saves greatly in case of being rear-ended. My car was rear ended heavily by an Innova, and our heads really pressed hard into the headrests. I shudder to think what would happen if the headrests weren't there. It is unfortunate that even in the new Amaze, the same pillow type rear seat is continued.

Split seats too should be present. The rear seat thinking of S-cross is perfect, with flat folding seats, 60:40 split and headrests. I hope some premium version of WR-V addresses these issues, though I think getting proper rear headrests can never be achieved in these cars.
Old 16th May 2018, 17:45   #213
BHPian

Frankly, not having adjustable rear headrest is a big NO NO. It is a huge safety issue.

In case one ever has a front impact, one sees it coming and in whatever reaction time available, becomes kinda ready to bare the impact. However, if someone ever gets rear ended, chances are that the person sitting behind would have absolutely no clue about it, and the sudden impact will impact the neck so badly that the person might have to roam around with a neck belt for the rest of his life, UNLESS the person is so short that his head is completely supported with whatever those tiny fixed headrests are.
Old 21st May 2018, 08:41   #214
Senior - BHPian

To all WRV owners, what type of floor mats are you using. The ones given to us were totally worthless and to top it off they misplaced one of those during the first service. I am looking for customized floor mats for WRV and not the generic ones that you need to cut and fit.

Anyone got the original Honda WRV mats or any other aftermarket one please share your feedback.
Old 26th May 2018, 12:39   #215
BHPian

WRV seriously needs an AT, 1.5 ivtec, 6 airbags, rear arm rest and it will knock out the competition in this compact suv club but Honda is just sleeping 😴 peacefully into oblivion. Fools.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 18:59   #216
BHPian

Did a 2150 KM trip Hyderabad - Chennai -Tirupati-Chennai- Hyderabad in sweltering 43 degrees heat. Here are some observations:
1. WRV travelled the Hyderabad -Chennai (690 KM) without breaking a sweat in that heat. It took 12 hours with 4 adults on board and luggage stuffed to the brim.
2. AC was a chiller. We felt very cool and comfortable inside with AC set to 22.
3. Got a fabulous mileage of 22.7 (AC ON full time) for the Hyderabad - Chennai drive. Overall mileage was 21.5, including the drive to Tirupati (ghat road) and about 250 KM of Chennai city traffic.
4. Used cruise control extensively. It was a boon, as There was no strain in the feet. For those who think that cruise control is a useless feature, please think again. Of course, you need to be on a highway without too much need fro breaking and where you can maintain constant speeds for considerable distances.
5. While there is a lot written about the engine noise percolating into the cabin, my experience was a very quiet cabin on the high way (I recently migrated to WRV from Honda City I-Vtec, which had one of the whitest cabins).
6. The engine pulls fabulously. The 6th gear is the highlight of the trip. With cruise control ON in 6th gear, the drive was effortless both for the car and me the driver.
7. I fixed the smart card before the trip and boy, it was useful. It has reduced wait time at toll plazas considerably.
Overall, I am very pleased with my WRV I-Dtec.
iVtec is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 19:33   #217
BHPian

I think the Honda iDtec is most fuel efficient engine. Found a way to consistently hit 50kmpl instantaneous economy, set cruise in 5th gear at 65-70kmph. Have tried this on Nice road and it just sticks to 50 or closer to 50 most of the time.

During city drives, shift to 4th around 40 speed and this guage stays above 25 mark.

My car is still under run-in period before 1st service.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-screenshot_20180610192407.png  

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 10th June 2018 at 19:34.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 08:25   #218
Senior - BHPian

I just say drive one WR-V to realise how good a car it is, both petrol and diesel variants have high fuel efficiency. A fellow bhpian took TD of my WR-V petrol variant and was very appreciative of the vehicle performance.
Old 18th June 2018, 10:02   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
WRV seriously needs an AT, 1.5 ivtec, 6 airbags, rear arm rest and it will knock out the competition in this compact suv club but Honda is just sleeping 😴 peacefully into oblivion. Fools.
Yes, an AT with Paddle shifters. Something, that will make me visit a Honda showroom. Why is the same offered in City and Jazz missing in WRV? Is the price point stopped Honda?
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:50   #220
BHPian

I had test drove this car for a friend and felt the car nice and practical. Below is what I felt about the car.

- Typical to all Hondas - has a pleasant, comfortable & ergonomic cabin and seats

- Diesel engine with 6 speed gear box, fuel efficiency should be great and highway cruising would be nice with engine spinning less or around 2000 rpm.

- Engine has a strong linear pull, will not struggle to climb inclines and is comfortable to drive in bumper to bumper city traffic.

- The high speed dynamics of WRV wasn't confidence inspiring, there is too much vertical movement on bridge expansion joints at speeds of 100 kmph.

Question:
Has anyone tried Rogerab suspension stiffeners on the rear for WRV. I feel this may solve the soft rear, thoughts?

Seems like most Honda cars have soft rear suspensions - http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum...ension-40.html
Old 18th July 2018, 22:06   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a 20km test drive of the Honda WRV diesel today.

Liked the car a lot.
Brisk acceleration. Even on 6th gear the car pulls decently.
I was okay with the NVH as my current cars are Etios petrol and an old gen Figo Diesel.
The brakes are responsive with good bite.
The handling is strictly average on curves. It wont disappoint but it's not to an enthusiasts choice either. Its very neutral. The Ecosport shines here.
The car is spacious.
The ride is fairly comfortable though their is a bit of vertical movement on undulation's but its acceptable.
I liked the way Honda tuned the suspension keeping a balance between comfort and handling. Ride is not too harsh like the Ecosport nor too soft.
The view from the drivers seat is also good with no unwanted blind spots.
The driver's side arm rest is an ergonomic disaster.

Its overall a very good all-rounder car.

It has the Honda badge, the reliability tag, fuel efficient, spacious, comfortable, chilling A/c, high ground clearance to tackle bad roads. Its has all the ingredients to keep a buyer happy.

The only thing that surprised me was- In the beginning the turbo was not kicking in and the rpm needle was not exceeding 2,000rpm. I floored the pedal in 3rd but the car didn't cross 60km/hr. I asked the Sales executive, he told its due to low fuel and the low fuel lamp was glowing. As soon as we refueled the car, it accelerated normally and the turbo was kicking in with the rpm climbing up as desired! I was not used to such a feature in any other cars before!

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_8898.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 18th July 2018 at 22:13.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 23:43   #222
BHPian

I had the very same experience recently, when my WRV was low on fuel. For a few minutes I thought that my car's turbocharger was malfunctioning. But luckily, I was close to my fuel station and once I refuelled, the car was back in its elements! It never occurred again.
iVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 09:39   #223
BHPian

Need help from owners!

I test drove the diesel and both me and my family loved the overall package. It checks all the right boxes. However, I have some reservations:

1. Stability and fun at high speeds (in excess of 120 kph) given the soft suspension and body roll.

2. Panel noises after say 15 - 20k Kms?

3. Service intervals and costs.

4. Slotting the gears into 5th and 6th given there is no separate knob for engaging reverse.

If existing owners could throw some light on these little concerns, it would help me make my buying decision. Thanks!
Old 26th July 2018, 10:59   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
WRV seriously needs an AT, 1.5 ivtec, 6 airbags, rear arm rest and it will knock out the competition in this compact suv club but Honda is just sleeping �� peacefully into oblivion. Fools.
Maybe they are scared it will cannibalize sales of the CITY itself as that's one of the strongest points of CITY. 1.5 iVtec AT . Already the WR-V petrol VX with 1.2L ivtec MT is priced at 9.09L(ex-showroom Bangalore). 1.5+AT would take the price above 11L ex-showroom as the sub 4m benefit would go plus bigger engine. In city itself you can see a difference of ~1.5L among MT and CVT(bangalore ex-showroom). Expect more in WR-V if its a 1.5 AT. That will be encroaching into city's territory and maybe Honda wants to avoid that.

Having said that even the Ecosport petrol AT titanium plus retails at 11.3L ex-showroom, so WR-V shouldn't have much of a problem in isolation. What that would do to the CITY is probably stopping HONDA. Ford on other hand doesn't have any product in that space , so they couldn't care less.

P.S: What's stopping them from atleast getting the 1.2 ivtec mated with AT, that's doing duties in the Jazz already?

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th July 2018 at 11:23.
Old 31st July 2018, 04:42   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
3. Service intervals and costs.

4. Slotting the gears into 5th and 6th given there is no separate knob for engaging reverse.

If existing owners could throw some light on these little concerns, it would help me make my buying decision. Thanks!
Hi Mate,

I own a Jazz IDTEC and I could provide my view on the above quoted ones.

1) Mine is 2015 July and falls under 6months or 10000km service cycle.

I am using mineral oil only and my service cost is approx 3 to 4k..

2) I have never encountered any issue while slotting to 6th.While attempting to reverse, I have never slotted to 6th.
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks