Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 09:06   #226
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
In city itself you can see a difference of ~1.5L among MT and CVT(bangalore ex-showroom). Expect more in WR-V if its a 1.5 AT.
Lot more difference in the WRV because it would fall into the higher tax bracket as well, compared to the 1.2 versions.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 02:48   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
I have never encountered any issue while slotting to 6th.While attempting to reverse, I have never slotted to 6th.
Thanks a lot for your service feedback. I faced the issue when the car was stationary. While driving no issues.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2019 at 07:01. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 14th August 2018, 14:36   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
Need help from owners!
I own a Diesel WRV, which has just completed 10 k and the 3rd free service.

1. Driving in the highways at 130 kph, I did not feel any stability concerns. Over bad roads and pot holes, the soft suspension and body roll shows up though not to the extent to be concerned.
2. So far noise has not been a disturbing factor. This is my 3rd Diesel vehicle.
3. 1st year free services at 1000/5000/10k kms or 1/6/12 months. Then on, it is every one year or 10k kms. The last free service cost me about Rs 2450/ for cost of oil and filter changed.
4. No problem for 5th at all. Initially I had some problems getting to 6th (it went to 4th) Now familiar and hence ok.

It is good car over all, with unbeatable mileage. But not the SUV to outpace the other big cars on the road. Yes front arm rest is a flop. Adding an AT would have definitely made this a fast seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
To all WRV owners, what type of floor mats are you using.
I got original 3d mats from the dealer when I purchased the WRV in Aug 2017, as part of the freebies offered.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2019 at 07:02. Reason: back to back posts merged.
tomchacks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:25   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
To all WRV owners, what type of floor mats are you using.
I got transparent plastic floor mats from the dealership as a freebie. However, I was not satisfied with the quality of those floor mats. Recently, I purchased 3M Nomad floor mats. It is a perfect fit-it & forget-it type of solution. If you want low maintenance mats which you can clean at your convenience, 3M Nomads mats are the best option.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 18:06   #230
BHPian

Thanks guys for your guidance. Got home my WR-V VX i-DTEC today :-) Review coming soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-20180817_145448_hdr.jpg  

R.Daroga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 14:20   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
I own a Diesel WRV, which has just completed 10 k and the 3rd free service.

Any idea on engine running in? I wasn't given any instructions by the service manager at the time of delivery. When asked, he said there's no need to run in the engine. I couldn't find any info in the owner's manual either. I'm still shifting just above 2k RPM till first service.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2019 at 07:02. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 20th August 2018, 05:39   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
Any idea on engine running in? I wasn't given any instructions by the service manager at the time of delivery. When asked, he said there's no need to run in the engine. I couldn't find any info in the owner's manual either. I'm still shifting just above 2k RPM till first service.
Hi Mate,

Even i too didnt receive any specific run in period instruction for my idtec.

However I diligently followed the Team-Bhp advice referred in the below link

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-run-your-new-car

Just a thought on how I upshift in our 6 geared Idtec.

In city traffic , I would shift up early and tap mildly in the accelator. This is sufficient to reach 60, if you have free flowing traffic(atleast on sunday early mornings).

I have never experienced any discomfort(read as knocking or lack of power) in keeping up with the traffic.To me every 10kmph per gear within city.

Happy motoring and wish you a lot of miles.

Last edited by DieselTorq : 20th August 2018 at 05:43. Reason: Typos
Old 1st September 2018, 16:07   #233
BHPian

Great review. And I agree, WR-V's USP over say Ecosport is better AVN, Sunroof, very good mileage for petrol and a very spacious cabin, both for front and rear. Plus it's the ideal size for an urban SUV that doesnt scrape over speed humps and one you occasionally take up into the hills. Doesnt have an onerous drive like many SUVs. I don't want to buy a diesel vehicle at this time with BS-6 sword hanging over my head.

Looks are subjective, but I really liked WR-V looks except the vertically curving rear and strange taillamps. Had it had THE 1.5VTEC, I would have booked it in a heartbeat. Perfect size, view and ride comfort for city roads as well as occasional getaways.

I wish Honda announces a sport version with 1.5VTEC+CVT version . I would wait for the launch in that case.
Old 6th October 2018, 19:30   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post
Looks are subjective, but I really liked WR-V looks except the vertically curving rear and strange taillamps. Had it had THE 1.5VTEC, I would have booked it in a heartbeat. Perfect size, view and ride comfort for city roads as well as occasional getaways.

I wish Honda announces a sport version with 1.5VTEC+CVT version . I would wait for the launch in that case.
I'm hoping for a CVT variant, even if in the 1.2 avatar. I think WRV is a great car, with just CVT missing. I'm okay not to have sunroof, but with the B2B traffic in Bangalore, I'm definitely looking for a CVT in my next car. My mileage is not so high so as to warrant a diesel. Any idea on Honda launching a WRV CVT?
Old 6th October 2018, 19:54   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
I'm hoping for a CVT variant, even if in the 1.2 avatar. I think WRV is a great car, with just CVT missing. Any idea on Honda launching a WRV CVT?
Quite agree. A petrol WR-V with CVT, like Jazz, would have been a game changer in this segment -even an AMT sells Brezza. You can look at the Amaze if that fits your requirements.

During Auto Expo 2018, President of HCIL said that while the demand for automatics has grown, it's not big enough for Honda to introduce a CVT in the WR-V !!.

I do hope Honda gets serious about their dark horses after the hugely successful Amaze, and do something about WR-V and the iconic City. I would buy either one, if they removed the deficiencies in their product design.

Last edited by MBstoTBs : 6th October 2018 at 20:22. Reason: Blanks in paras
MBstoTBs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 22:54   #236
BHPian

Honda should launch the 1.5L CVT for WR-V, just like Ford did with the new Aspire.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 21:59   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post
During Auto Expo 2018, President of HCIL said that while the demand for automatics has grown, it's not big enough for Honda to introduce a CVT in the WR-V !!.
I've long delayed the purchase of my next car, but it is getting to the point where I need to take a call. While Jazz is also a great car, I find WRV more appealing. But since CVT is a must for me, I may just go ahead with the purchase.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 20:47   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
While Jazz is also a great car, I find WRV more appealing. But since CVT is a must for me, I may just go ahead with the purchase.
I drive daily along the dreaded ORR stretch between silk board and Marthahalli. The WRV-D drives like a automatic. Take a test drive during peak hours and experience the Honda EarthDreams diesel. It's really a Wow-RV. You will be a convert. Not to mention the fuel economy.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 3rd November 2018 at 20:49.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 05:23   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I drive daily along the dreaded ORR stretch between silk board and Marthahalli. The WRV-D drives like a automatic. Take a test drive during peak hours and experience the Honda EarthDreams diesel. It's really a Wow-RV. You will be a convert. Not to mention the fuel economy.

I agree. You can drive the i-dtec with just your left leg in traffic. So much so u can even pick up in second gear from a standstill without the slightest dab on the accelerator.
R.Daroga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 19:12   #240
BHPian

There is a new WRV Alive edition and comes with cool features on top of 'S' variant.
- Seat covers
- steering wrap
- reverse parking camera plus sensors
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed