Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2018, 12:26   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
As Per TL(Team Leader) of SA at Honda Showroom, WR-V Edge edition is just a small upgrade (Specifically reverse camera and Sensors) of WR-V S variant. They can sell their existing inventory of S variant with camera and sensor as Edge Edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
There is a new WRV Alive edition and comes with cool features on top of 'S' variant.
This is the same gimmick like WRV Edge Edition. WR-V Alive edition is based on the S trim but gets additional comfort, convenience and safety features.

1. An Ugly Badge of Alive Edition (pasted on the car at dealer workshop).
2. Diamond-cut alloy wheels.
3. Parking Sensors.
4. Rear Camera with IRVM display.
5. Seat covers with Alive edition logo.
6. Steering wheel cover.
7. Honda Connect with the first-month subscription free.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 21:07   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
WR-V Alive edition is based on the S trim but gets additional comfort, convenience and safety features.

1. An Ugly Badge of Alive Edition (pasted on the car at dealer workshop).
2. Diamond-cut alloy wheels.
3. Parking Sensors.
4. Rear Camera with IRVM display.
5. Seat covers with Alive edition logo.
6. Steering wheel cover.
7. Honda Connect with the first-month subscription free.

All additions at an additional cost of only 23K. Awesome Honda
Old 28th January 2019, 21:23   #243
BHPian

Last 10 tank fills, all from the same pump station, I have got consistent 15.5kmpl variation of .25 kmpl max (about ~15 kms odo difference). This is 100% crazy bellandur traffic Mon to Fri, with net avg speed of 10-14 kmph. I stay away from car during weekends. So this records for pure office commute.
Old 28th January 2019, 21:51   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Last 10 tank fills, all from the same pump station, I have got consistent 15.5kmpl variation of .25 kmpl max (about ~15 kms odo difference). This is 100% crazy bellandur traffic Mon to Fri, with net avg speed of 10-14 kmph. I stay away from car during weekends. So this records for pure office commute.
Is this on a petrol car or diesel?
Old 29th January 2019, 09:15   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Is this on a petrol car or diesel?
It is WR-V diesel variant, the petrol version too gives amazing fuel efficiency.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 17:11   #246
BHPian

Is a facelift around the corner for the WR-V with so many back to back 'Special Editions' being introduced? If so, I hope they come up with rear split seats with adjustable headrests. That is probably the main thing missing, in my opinion, in this otherwise impressive car.

Last edited by GTO : 5th February 2019 at 07:40. Reason: Post fixed on request.
T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 09:42   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post
I don't want to buy a diesel vehicle at this time with BS-6 sword hanging over my head.
Friends,
Am planning to buy a diesel wrv and this BS-VI thing just came to my mind while reading this thread. I checked with the Honda guys and they said that they are still selling the BS4 vehicles coz they haven't got anything officially in writing from any govt authorities. I don't know about what other brands are upto.

What should be the way forward for any individual who is planning for a diesel vehicle currently?

Don't know if this is the right thread for this query. Request MODS to pls check on the correct placement of my query.

Thanks and regards,
yo222
Old 7th February 2019, 14:24   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo222 View Post
Am planning to buy a diesel wrv and this BS-VI thing just came to my mind while reading this thread. I checked with the Honda guys and they said that they are still selling the BS4 vehicles coz they haven't got anything officially in writing from any govt authorities. I don't know about what other brands are upto.
Honda is lacklustre in India and i say that after owning 3 hondas.

Diesel BS 6 expect it in Jan 2020 especially when norms will come into effect in March - April.

Costs will also increase for it. If you need the car now just get the BS 4 it will run fine on BS 6 diesel

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2019 at 07:00. Reason: trimmed quoted post
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 14:51   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
If you need the car now just get the BS 4 it will run fine on BS 6 diesel
Thanks for this imp piece of info but then I heard that BS6 would also mean an upgrade or re-tuning of the BS4 engines and that may be a big enough cost.

That's just hearsay and overheard kind of info.

Let's see if there are others who can shed some light on this BS4-BS6 thing.
Old 8th February 2019, 00:26   #250
BHPian

Was in Whitefield Honda (BLR) today, to drop our 6.5 year old Brio for the 50,000 km service.

While waiting, I was really hooked by this lovely looking WR-V. Fit and Finish looked great to my casual eye.

An eminently sensible car and i was quite impressed by the overall quality. Lovely comfy seats too and the feeling of spaciousness was great.

If Honda had offered the 1.5L petrol & 6 speed manual with this car, we would have happily upgraded from our Brio!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_1795.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_1796.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_1797.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_1798.jpg  

Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 10:21   #251
Senior - BHPian

I have a a few queries on petrol WRV.

1. Does the engine lag in pulling being a 1.2litre motor?
2. How is the ride quality on highways and the pulling power in ghat sections?
3. What is the real world mileage in city traffic (e.g. Bangalore) with AC on?
4. How much does it offer on highways with AC on?
5. What is the service cost? I assume the schedule is every 10K KMs or one year.
6. How is the spare part availability?
7. Is it a VFM deal?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2019, 05:54   #252
Senior - BHPian

There is enough torque in lower rpm to pull the vehicle, fuel efficiency in city with AC is around 11kmpl, on highways, you can get a FE of 15-16kmpl. The car is stable within legal speed limits. I have driven this vehicle in Charmadi ghat extensively, no issue with lack of torque or stability. The spare parts are easily available because there are no mechanical changes to the i-VTEC engine. This is the most spacious car in its segment. The service cost is around 6K.

Last edited by deehunk : 2nd May 2019 at 05:58.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 09:59   #253
BHPian

Hello Friends ,

I am in the market looking for a car with the best rear seat confort . I am buying this for my wife whose daily commute is in the range of 70-80 km for work . We have a driver so rear seat confort and comfortable /stable ride quality is must .

Yesterday we went to check out Hyundai Venue and found rear seat cramped . We also looked at Verna and i20 .

Just wanted to check the opinion on this forum is you would suggest BRV for my requirement and if yes then which model ?

We would go to check out Baleno , Honda Amaze and Swift as well today .

She had been using 2006 Swift Lxi so far .

Thanks in advance for your advise .

Regards
Old 29th May 2019, 12:33   #254
Senior - BHPian

Honda WR-V and Amaze have the best in class rear space, the seats are very comfortable. I am 5'10", with me on driver seat, my 8 year old daughter sits on the floor at rear side and uses the seat as her table. Experience the rear leg room personally. Baleno too has good rear seat comfort.

Last edited by deehunk : 29th May 2019 at 12:35.
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:26   #255
BHPian

I got a Honda WRV iDtec VX on September 24,2018. I have now driven 17,500 KM in it.

I bought this car after test driving many vehicles in and around the segment. The previous car I had was an Amaze bought in early 2014, and I had done 1,10,000 KM on it and though it was still running very very well, I wanted a change. I did not want to go back to the same engine initially and the Honda's I could afford - the WRV and the City, had the same power plant. So I contacted dealers and told them that was a serious buyer who spent a lot of time on the highways and I that I wanted to test their cars on a highway with at least 50-75 km drive. And almost all agreed since I live anyhow on the start of the ECR in Chennai.

I was really keen to buy the Compass and would have stretched my budget for it, but upon test driving it, I decided against. I somehow did not like the feel of the car and thought the rear seats and legroom were a joke. I am now glad I did not, a few friends who have bought it are facing serious service issues. I then proceeded to try the Duster, Captur, Brezza, Baleno, Verna, Creta, Ciaz, XUV 500, City, Yaris . . and finally back to Honda and the WRV felt like the best fit for me. And the engine, though it is the same plant I had on the old Amaze, felt quite different yet familiar and the added 6th gear was fabulous.

Almost 10 months since, it is a decision that I am most happy I made.

I think this is a really, really, really good vehicle. Many people who sit in the car for a while a say "Wow, this quite a good car man, and its spacious isn't it?" and almost everyone who drives it go "Oh oh, why did I not buy this car?"

For the mileage conscious the mileage on this car is insane and can be squeezed to give crazy figures. I drove with the cruise control on from near Ranipet towards Bangalore at 80 KMPH and over a 100 km, it actually averaged over 31 KMPL. I've lost the photo but should be able to dig it up or hey, I can just do it again. With the cruise control set to 60, I've experienced 37+ KMPL on the ECR over 30 km. If you were to drive the car normally on the highway - speeds of 100 -120 KMPH, expect the car to return 22-24 KMPL. In the city, I average 17-19 KMPL, but I do avoid rush hour traffic as much as possible. In Bangalore, I've experienced 15 KMPL. It is such a pleasure to drive in Bangalore with its fast flowing traffic and polite and courteous road users, is it not?

The DigiPad and the speakers I got with it were a joke of course, though Honda makes a hue and cry of it. But that said, I am a bit of an audiophile and have spent a lot of money and time upgrading my music systems. I've achieved near perfect studio quality sound in the WRV hence and a detailed post regarding that will follow. I also made a deal with the showroom to take the DigiPad back and give me an additional Rs 10,000 discount for the vehicle. This was done after poking and prodding the salesperson to sing glorious songs about the system, and how it was worth well over Rs 30,000 and then going "WOW, that's awesome. It IS really as good as you say it is no? Alright, I'll tell you what, YOU keep it and give me Rs 10,000 for it." It actually worked after a brief tussle.

As for the drive quality, I think it is fantastic. First of all, the front seats are extremely well designed and you do not experience much fatigue in them over long drives. When I do long drives which is quite often - 5-8 hours, I prefer to just go instead of taking breaks. Of course anything over 6 hours will warrant a brief food break. In my previous Amaze, or the older cars the family has had/have since I could drive - the Santro, iKon, Getz, Scorpio, Swift, i20 I would almost always get a sore back after long drives. It is also worthwhile to note here that I do often go on long trips spread over 10-20 days with stops in different places for 1-4 days, and those trips come to 1500 - 2000 + KM return. This was a bit of an issue with the Amaze as my back would start complaining, but this just does not happen in the WRV.

I personally think the engine is very good. Again, coming from an Amaze iDtec and having driven it well over a 1,10,000 KM, It's an engine I am familiar with. With the addition of the 6th gear and to fit the WRV, it has been tuned differently of course. I personally think its quite a peppy engine with a good amount of power when you need it and you can also juice it to give you crazy mileage. Neither me nor anyone who has driven the car feel it to be under-powered in the least. I've read some complaints about how the car is horrible to drive on the ghats and I think that that is utter bullshit written by inexperienced drivers. I have family/friends in Ooty and Masinagudi and go up and down the Kalahati ghat frequently. And the WRV has been to Kodaikalnal, Munnar, Valparai. I personally feel the car performs extremely well on ghats. You do need to slot it to the first gear on a steep climb, but this engine can swallow any ghat with ease.

On the highway, the car feels stable even at high speeds. I am not scared to floor the accelerator, but that said, no one has ever said I am a rash diver (at least in the last few years) I have pushed the car to touch almost 180 on the speedo. 160+ is a breeze for the car to touch and you'll get there very quickly. But of course it is awfully silly to be driving over 120 unless there is a clear and long stretch, and at normal driving conditions on a highway; 80-120 KMPH the car has loads of reserve power, is extremely stable. Braking feels good and control is always yours. On the whole, this feels like a good and safe car to be in, and I can easily get away with doing 120 even with my mum in who usually starts palpitating at speeds in excess of 80 KMPH in other cars unless she has her eye on the speedo. I've come across people complaining about body roll in forums and reviews, but I think that that's rubbish again. I've taken corners at higher speeds than I would normally to test and I have not experienced any high body roll. Overall ride quality and suspension set up is excellent.

Rear leg room is fantastic - much more than many other larger cars. But the rear seats do not have head rests, and that to me is a bit of a bummer. But I hardly ever sit in the rear, and passengers who have sat there over long distances have not complained about that. Neither have the complained about the vehicle not having rear ac vents even in weather exceeding 42 C.

The boot has loads of space. And if you fold the rears, you can fit Yokozuna (may he rest in peace) in there.

I am used to Honda service and over the years I have found Sundram Honda to provide the best and most reasonable care, and will continue to go there.

All in all, I think this is a fantastic car and buy.

The only grouse I have is that the front wipers - the passenger wiper will leave some water where its motion ends towards the driver side, and when the wiper is off, the water will trickle down to leave a smear.

After market upgrades done on the car till date:

3M CR 70 on all windows, front and rear wind shield. (Rs 29,000)

Do I recommend it?

Yes in hot and sunny places with infrequent rain. Definitely a BIG NO in places where it rains often/fogs. More here on the CR 70 on the Front windscreen post: (Front windscreen sunfilm?)

3M Nomad Mats (Rs 7000)

Do I recommend it?

No. Not the Nomads since they don't seem to last to justify their cost. Perhaps cheaper mats of the same design.

3M PPF on front and rear bumpers (Rs 15,000)

Do I recommend it?

Yes

Osram Xenon HID 6000 K (Rs 11,000)

Do I recommend it?

Yes, but you have to keep the beam Low and be sensitive to oncoming traffic. Do not change the color of the fogs to white if you change the head lights to 6000k white, you need them to be yellow or you wont see a thing in thick fog.

Complete and extensive ICE overhaul to achieve studio quality sound

Do I recommend it?

HELL YA! Details of this in a new post. (Rs 150,000 +)

The WRV

Do I recommend it?

OH YES! I think its a much better buy than every car in its segment!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd July 2019 at 20:33. Reason: 2018
thirdmainroad is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks