Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2019, 10:19   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Perhaps you tried LED's quite some time ago when the technology had not advanced as much as it is now or the Philip's you used were for a specific application. The LED's coming now at least from the seller I buy are specifically made for replacing the normal halogen bulbs. Have a look at the link I posted earlier, it has details on how the bulb is designed.
No no, I used them for 1 year ending 1-August-2019. They were the current latest available Philips H7 LED bulbs.
In non-monsoon months also, I found the cut off to be too sharp. That meant the throw was with actual sharp shapes on all edges and it used to move about noticeably with car undulations. Halogens throw a vague sort of pattern that fades at edges and doesn't bother much in uneven road movements. The LEDs became a distraction due to this constant noticeable movement in pattern boundaries. Of course my reflectors would play a part in that too. But then they worked alright with halogens so weren't all junk either.

Indeed its the white temperature that renders them useless in monsoons. But then - we have intense rains for at least 4 months now a days. That was enough % of the year for me to start hating LEDs. Its not feasible nor the right thing to do - to change headlight bulbs just with seasons. Anyway - I sold off the car. In the Nexon, I'll be installing proper Osram HIDs in projectors to get good visibility in yellow temperature and all-year visibility.

If you are getting a good result & better visibility with LED over the stock halogens - we have to give it to Honda for coming with a good and versatile reflector design I believe.
Old 18th September 2019, 10:35   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
No no, I used them for 1 year ending 1-August-2019. They were the current latest available Philips H7 LED bulbs.
In non-monsoon months also, I found the cut off to be too sharp. That meant the throw was with actual sharp shapes on all edges and it used to move about noticeably with car undulations. Halogens throw a vague sort of pattern that fades at edges and doesn't bother much in uneven road movements. The LEDs became a distraction due to this constant noticeable movement in pattern boundaries. Of course my reflectors would play a part in that too. But then they worked alright with halogens so weren't all junk either.

Indeed its the white temperature that renders them useless in monsoons. But then - we have intense rains for at least 4 months now a days. That was enough % of the year for me to start hating LEDs. Its not feasible nor the right thing to do - to change headlight bulbs just with seasons. Anyway - I sold off the car. In the Nexon, I'll be installing proper Osram HIDs in projectors to get good visibility in yellow temperature and all-year visibility.

If you are getting a good result & better visibility with LED over the stock halogens - we have to give it to Honda for coming with a good and versatile reflector design I believe.
I agree, perhaps its the reflectors or maybe the H4 bulbs , guess we will never know for sure.

The cutoff is sharp no doubt but somehow it doesn't trouble me. The high beams are lovely and much brighter and longer travelling and the low beams have a very distinct cutoff pattern as per lighting standards. Overall I am quite satisfied. For rains I have the halogens fog lamps anyway and will use them when the rain Gods oblige.

There are yellow LED's also available although a little hard to find. I guess its the color temperature that makes a lot of difference for rainy and foggy weather visibility.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:10   #303
BHPian

Noticed something strange in my car after first service, there is a faint check engine light, dim, only visible during the night. I am 99% sure I did not see it before but the advisor said it is normal.

I even checked two other wrv's, one of another customer and one display car, both had this check engine light, dimly lit.

Can other owners please help?
is it the same in all the cars?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-lrm_export_235978063865496_20190922_110848404.jpeg  

Old 26th September 2019, 18:36   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
there is a faint check engine light, dim, only visible during the night. I am 99% sure I did not see it before but the advisor said it is normal.
Hi, can any fellow wrv owner please help?
Old 26th September 2019, 18:47   #305
BHPian

If that faint light comes up only on pressing brake pedal - the issue is with the earthing connection of rear lights. Probably a loose or rusted connection or similar. Solution: remove the rear light connectors and check, clean, spray wd 40. Connect back and it should be ok.
Old 28th September 2019, 01:44   #306
Senior - BHPian

Had a question for WRV owners. I recently used the windshield washer on the WRV for the first time. It sprays a fine mist on the windscreen. Unlike other cars that usually spray a stream or jets of water. Is this normal or does my WRV have any issue with the windshield washer nozzles.

The lower part of the windscreen seems to get the majority of the water sprayed on it while the middle and upper part get the mist.

Last edited by Traveler : 28th September 2019 at 01:46.
Old 28th September 2019, 10:10   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Had a question for WRV owners. I recently used the windshield washer on the WRV for the first time. It sprays a fine mist on the windscreen. Unlike other cars that usually spray a stream or jets of water. Is this normal or does my WRV have any issue with the windshield washer nozzles.

The lower part of the windscreen seems to get the majority of the water sprayed on it while the middle and upper part get the mist.

Yes, this is how it is in my WRV as well. I am not very happy with the windshield washer, esp the front one.
Old 1st November 2019, 12:41   #308
BHPian

Brought home a Honda WRV last week in exchange of Palio MJD 2008 that has run 254000 km. I opted for WRV I-Dtec V version that was introduced a couple of months ago. Compared to the top end VX version, V version misses out on Sunroof and leather wrapped steering wheel. I think for those who are not gung ho about sunroof, V version is ideal. The listed on road price is 11.85 lakhs in Hyderabad. There's an offer going on. You get free insurance (one year comprehensive and 3-year third party) and an exchange bonus totalling Rs 45000. Apart from these you also get a total of 5 year warranty and two year Road Side Assistance. Warranty is for unlimited Kms. I chose lunar silver metallic colour. The vehicle came with some Goodyear tyres that I promptly exchanged for Michelin Primacy of same dimensions. The exchange for 4 tyres cost 17k.

Features like reverse camera with sensors, auto locking of doors at 15kmph and electrically folding ORVMs are very good.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd November 2019 at 09:59. Reason: its i-dtec and not idtech
lejhoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:38   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Brought home a Honda WRV last week .

Congratulations on the new car. I wish you many many happy miles.

Quote:
There's an offer going on. You get free insurance (one year comprehensive and 3-year third party) and an exchange bonus totalling Rs 45000. Apart from these you also get a total of 5 year warranty and two year Road Side Assistance. Warranty is for unlimited Kms.

These are nice offers. I mean when I bought my WRV 11 months back, there wasn't any offer on WRV.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 23:07   #310
BHPian

I am impressed with the milage of this iDTec car. After driving around 650 km purely on the city roads with AC on I got 18.5 kmpl. The display showed 19.6 kmpl. I haven't slotted the gear into 5 and 6 yet because there was no opportunity.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 09:41   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I am impressed with the milage of this iDTec car. After driving around 650 km purely on the city roads with AC on I got 18.5 kmpl. The display showed 19.6 kmpl. I haven't slotted the gear into 5 and 6 yet because there was no opportunity.
Actually your driving style deserves as much credit as that sweet i-DTec. Your style is very much in harmony with the ECUs map by the looks of it. The engine must be thanking you with every stroke.
Old 20th January 2020, 16:31   #312
BHPian

I have faced a peculiar situation (I am not calling it a problem yet) with my fuel gauge in my diesel WRV. I usually tank up when the fuel gauge shows 2 lines. This time, since my car was due for service, I wanted to fill only 5 litres. And when I did fill 5 litres, the fuel gauge to my dismay, displayed only 1 line and the low fuel indicator lit up. I mentioned this to my SA before the service and he said that the fuel gauge was working fine. Not sure if this problem will repeat again. My ownership over the last 20 months and 18k+ kilometres has been very peaceful otherwise. Has anyone faced such an issue?
Old 20th January 2020, 17:43   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
I have faced a peculiar situation (I am not calling it a problem yet) with my fuel gauge in my diesel WRV. I usually tank up when the fuel gauge shows 2 lines. This time, since my car was due for service, I wanted to fill only 5 litres. And when I did fill 5 litres, the fuel gauge to my dismay, displayed only 1 line and the low fuel indicator lit up. I mentioned this to my SA before the service and he said that the fuel gauge was working fine. Not sure if this problem will repeat again. My ownership over the last 20 months and 18k+ kilometres has been very peaceful otherwise. Has anyone faced such an issue?
I wouldn't worry about this. It seems you filled in the fuel at the exact moment when the fuel gauge was about to drop to 1 bar and filling in 5 liters was not enough to bring it back to 2 or higher bars.
Old 21st January 2020, 07:28   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
I have faced this problem in Jazz VTEC too. I notice that particularly if level is zero bars and I fill it for Rs 500. The indicator doesn't show the newly added fuel level, and 1st time I thought the fuel pump cheated me. However, after couple of days, it miraculously showed around 2-3 bars. Has happened couple of times and I now know its a quirk. Never complained to service station though as I usually forget to mention during service.
Old 25th January 2020, 10:05   #315
Senior - BHPian

Already posted this in the Roof Carrier thread. Thought I will cross post here as well.

Mods please delete if this is not okay.

I need some advise for a roof carrier for my WRV. Is it even possible to install one in the WRV? I have the Diesel VX model that comes with roof rails.

I checked the roof rails and did not find any provision on them to fix a roof carrier. I think they are probably for aesthetics only.

Has anyone installed a roof carrier on the WRV, and if yes then which brand and how is it installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks