Old 4th March 2020, 18:59   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Honda WRV BS6 Coming Soon

Name:  IMG_20200304_185652.png
Views: 9811
Size:  628.0 KB

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20200304_185708.png

Honda Cars India is readying new updated WRV for Indian market.

The new version will have BS6 compliant Petrol and Diesel engines on offer. There is chance of CVT making it this time but it is unconfirmed.

Along with BS6 updates, the WRV will get some feature additions and design tweaks. These include LED Projector Headlights with Integrated DRLs, LED Fog Lights, New LED Tail Lights, Digipad 2.0, etc to name a few.

Honda will launch the updated and BS6 ready WRV in coming weeks. It has to be noted that the WRV has not recieved any updates since it's launch back in 2017.

Source - Honda Car India
CarguyNish is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 20:57   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Honda WRV BS6 Coming Soon
I so wish they equip the rear seats with adjustable headrests. The integrated ones are absolutely useless for me. That's one thing which is keeping me away from it. Otherwise a very competent product, specially in its diesel avatar.
Old 5th March 2020, 10:12   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Honda WRV BS6 Coming Soon.

There is chance of CVT making it this time but it is unconfirmed.
This indeed is quite possible as Jazz's second inning in India is almost over. They no more need to reserve CVT for Jazz sales.

If WR-V had the CVT last year, that would have been my choice over the Jazz for the extra ground clearance. Hope they now equip the WR-V with both diesel and petrol CVT. Space-wise(both seating & boot) its probably the best in the segment. The smooth gearbox is a pleasure to use in city traffic. Rubberband effect does bother you on highways but then you have paddle-shifters which are fun to use. CVT would be a segment first & the gearbox is frugal as well as more reliable compared to the AMTs or DCTs. And ofcourse rear adjustible headrests. The small fixed ones are useless if you are above 5.3 feet in height.

These small changes can give a much needed shot in the arm to WR-V sales. Its a very under-rated vehicle & its high time Honda goes all out equipping it in order to stand out in its segment.

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th March 2020 at 10:38.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 10:51   #319
Team-BHP Support

Now that Maruti has the 1.5L engine in Brezza with an automatic and Honda is not planning on updating the Jazz to BS6; plus the new City is coming soon and will be premium, can we atleast expect Honda to wake up and smell the coffee and also bring the 1.5L i-VTEC engine in the Jazz with the CVT.

They will have a huge gap between the new City and old W-RV and a 1.5L variant will atleast help bring a product in that gap and give buyers an option over the Ecosport 1.5 and Brezza 1.5.

Honda were the first to have this option of plonking in the 1.5L engine in the W-RV (it was being exported in Jazz). Other competitors realised the potential of bringing in the larger engine and Ford got the Dragon 1.5 followed by Maruti getting the K15.

Ford and Maruti are taking away the sales when Honda is yet to wake up and still wondering why sales are not going up with their 1.2L manual.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th March 2020 at 10:53.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 15:07   #320
BHPian

As per Autocar India, "The new WR-V will come with BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engine options in the form of a 1.5-litre diesel good for 110hp and a 1.2-litre petrol that delivers 90hp." That's quiet a step up for the Diesel! And as per my knowledge, the City, WRV and the Amaze shared the diesel engine so that should also give us a fair idea about the upcoming City's Diesel powertrain as well!
aenkay91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 14:02   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
.....and Honda is not planning on updating the Jazz to BS6.....

Can you confirm this!! I am keenly looking forward to the BS6 Jazz, and was hoping for some more updates alongwith -- headrests, service interval, headlights, etc. If what you're saying is indeed true then perhaps I'll have to look elsewhere. I was under the impression the Jazz's bonnet will have to be changed to meet pedestrian safety norms (possibly to the same as WRV), which was the main reason for the delay.
Old 6th March 2020, 14:56   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I was under the impression the Jazz's bonnet will have to be changed to meet pedestrian safety norms (possibly to the same as WRV), which was the main reason for the delay.
Current gen Jazz is already compliant on the Pedestrian Safety system.

Below is from our own forum

Quote:
The car did well in whiplash protection assessment and pedestrian protection was found to be acceptable as well. The hatchback scored at total of 36.58 points out of a possible 37.
Source
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 15:29   #323
BHPian

Right from its launch, I have always felt that WRV was a half hearted attempt by Honda people.
They had a chance to make the WRV even more appealing to the end customers.

Though it was a hatch on stilts, it had some good things by its side(in comparison to it's hatch sibling), like better ground clearance, sunroof, bigger tyres etc. Better cabin and boot space in comparison to few competitors.

But, still they missed out in adding certain main features like 6 airbags, Auto transmission etc.
(Also never understood why the petrol variant did not got a push start feature, while the diesel variant had it! )
And even the sales team were least bothered to sell this.
In 2 of the instances they forced my friends to go for Jazz or Amaze instead.

Again, have seen many people in my close circle, who were prospective customers for WRV, changed their minds to i20, Figo, Jazz. Because of some reasons like unavailability of 6 airbags, No auto transmission etc.

So coming to the main point,
With the BS6 WRVs on cards, the least Honda could have done was, to offer :
1. 6 airbags
2. The 1.5 iVtech engine from Honda City
3. CVT transmission (mated with 1.5L petrol as in City or atleast with 1.2L petrol as in Amaze and Jazz)

So with above add ons, I don't see a reason, on why the WRV can't increase its sales figures. May be Honda feels our expectations are too high!
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 14:08   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Are we sure that the 1.5 iDTEC is going to be BSVI compliant any time soon? There are random statements doing rounds on reputed media portals (as usual, unsubstantiated/without citations) saying the WR-V / City will be petrol only in BSVI era. At least for near future. The ARAI certification for the new City and WR-V also seem to be only for gasoline engine models for now.
Old 16th March 2020, 15:16   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Are we sure that the 1.5 iDTEC is going to be BSVI compliant any time soon? There are random statements doing rounds on reputed media portals (as usual, unsubstantiated/without citations) saying the WR-V / City will be petrol only in BSVI era. At least for near future. The ARAI certification for the new City and WR-V also seem to be only for gasoline engine models for now.
The Honda website lists WRV Petrol and Diesel BS6 already.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 15:11   #326
BHPian

*Bug found with Key*

If you keep the key in cup holder on driver side, car can lock-itself and it has happened!

Kid playing in car during Covid-19 lockdown. Am in different city, so the duplicate key is not accessible.
Old 2nd May 2020, 07:58   #327

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20190817_121149__01min.jpg

Well presenting here the story of one of my family members,It’s been some time since this boy has been a part of the family and has done some decent kms so that I can share my experience with it. I am not a blogger or writer but trying to pin down my story in the simplest and easiest language possible.

The Buying Decision

Well giving you a little background before directly coming to the buying decision. Our family has always kept 2 vehicles and all the ones that have been purchased have been a Pre-Owned vehicle as it makes more sense in terms of value for money and lesser depreciation for a short term usage of around 2 years. All of a sudden a thought rose in mine and my dad’s mind to replace the innova for something good for a city run around as we are a family of three and with almost one or two outstation trips a year where there might be 5-6 people travelling all the other within the city were with maybe 2-3 people in the car so it made sense to think of an hatchback or a compact sedan. I know replacing a Toyota Innova is not an easy thing and finding a replacement who can come close to its reliability, space, comfort is not an easy task. So in the month of July we were able to find a buyer for the Innova (Honestly selling an innova is one of the easiest task as you have too many buyers available there in the market).

The Humble Innova that was replaced

Honda WR-V : Official Review-1544594987432min.jpg

Now a thought came in my mind that why not consider buying a new vehicle for once in life, I had two main motives with this thought

a.Giving my parents the experience of taking delivery of a new car. (Working in the Automotive sales industry and seeing people take deliveries often I always wanted my parents to experience that as buying a used car you don’t get that experience).

b.Always wanted to have a choice number on the vehicle.

So after a lot of convincing we decided to go for a Hatchback or Compact Sedan Preferable Diesel and Automatic.

Options Considered

1)Volkswagen Polo GT TSI: - One of my Favourite cars and that’s the only reason to consider it, dad was not a fan of the vehicle. Loved the peppy engine, the quick DSG Gearbox and love the dated yet elegant look.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-new2014volkswagenpolotsi11600x399.jpg

Pros
-Engine, Drive

Cons
-Space, Gearbox Reliability

2)Hyundai I 20:- Honestly I am not a fan of Hyundai cars, but as my dad wanted to consider this vehicle we had a look into this vehicle. Only the diesel engine was considered here. The car overall was a good package but somehow did not appeal to me.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-hyundaielitei20car500x500.jpg

Pros
-Feature Rich, Good Driveability of the Diesel Engine

Cons
-Rear Leg Space, Ride Quality

3)Honda Amaze:- Honda had launched the new Amaze just a month back, considered this option as the shape of the vehicle had been improved from its earlier generation. The Diesel engine had a CVT Automatic available.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-hondaamazeexterior142350.jpg

Pros
-New Shape, Diesel Engine Driveability, Leg Space

Cons
-Not as feature rich as the Hyundai I 20, the CVT Gearbox was not something that suited my driving style specially after being used to a ZF.

4)Honda WRV :- Well honestly not an option considered at all as I have not seen much of these cars on the road, plus the shape of the car is a love or hate shape.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-hondawrvwhite.jpg

Pros
-Shape (I found it Unique), Diesel Engine Driveability, Leg Space, Top End was Feature Loaded.

Cons
-No Automatic Option Available

So basically we decided on choosing between these 4 vehicles, we did not consider Maruti Vehicles as we have used almost most of them in the earlier phase of life so the new ones were just cosmetic differences so we wanted to purchase something that we have not kept earlier. Ford was also not considered due to some bad experience of owning a Ford ikon and Figo in the past so dad did not want to consider it.

So after a lot of thinking and discussion the decision was between the Hyundai I20 and the Honda Amaze. But the only drawback was the amaze being new the vehicle had a wait of almost 2-3 months and honestly did not want to wait that much as I wanted to take delivery of the car in August first week for my dad’s birthday. So then it was finalized to go with the Hyundai I 20 Asta Variant. Just when we were about to give the booking for the I 20 we received a call from the Honda dealership and told us to also consider the Honda WRV once as there were some good offers on the vehicle. So we had a look at the vehicle once again along with the Hyundai I20 and found it pretty good enough and feature loaded. With the discount offered by Honda both cars were very close in terms of pricing. Still as dad was keener towards the Hyundai so were thinking of finalizing the vehicle. But here comes the twist, my friend told me on a dealership of Honda which was going to shut down and they were offering better deals then the official discount to clear their inventory. So with curiosity to see what the deal was I went ahead and sat across the table unfortunately they had just 2 colors left in the Diesel top end Carnelian red & Alabaster Silver. The deal offered was a lot more tempting with a good marginal discount over the other dealer. So considering the Deal and overall feature advantages we finalized on the Carnelian red Honda WRV VX I-Dtec.

The Money was paid and the delivery was set on my Dads birthday which was after 15 days leaving me with some time to decide on the choice number. Now staying in the Mumbai Central RTO where maximum cars are sold the availability of a good number at a decent price was difficult. So I wanted a number which totaled to 9 as well as looked special. After a lot of scanning and after some dejection I was about to finalize a number, but that’s when one of the most influential family in Mumbai came to my rescue. The Family wanted a Single digit 1 for their new vehicle and they opened up a new series of number and releasing a complete series to choose from. So finally settled for the number 27 which was my birth date and a total of 9.

Delivery Experience

Well this was the most important thing for me as I wanted my parents to experience this, so after coordinating with the GM of the dealership who was pretty understanding and helpful, got the setup ready. So the vehicle was covered with balloons inside. A Cake had been organised for the delivery as well as the for my dad’s birthday. So on reaching the showroom, the documentation was done post which the unveiling of the car, puja, cake cutting and then the delivery. It was perfect as per what I had planned.
[center]
Name:  ezgif.comgifmakermin.gif
Views: 4802
Size:  3.84 MB

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20180802_145347.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20180802_145415.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20180802_145725.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20180802_145543.jpg

Some Images of the Car post delivery

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20181111_100725__01min.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20181111_100745min.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20181111_100804min.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20181111_100841min.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20190317_103858.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20190317_103924.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20190317_103934.jpg

A lot has been written in other forums about the vehicle on team bhp as well as other forums, having driven the vehicle for 20k kms now I will just put down the points that I like about the vehicle and dislike about the vehicle ownership till date.Trying to keep it as simple as possible

Looks & Interior

-One of the thing about this vehicle is the unique looks, even though this vehicle is based on the Honda Jazz platform it no way looks the same like the Hyundai I20/Hyundai I20 Active or the Toyota Etios Liva/Toyota Etios Cross. So it does stand out. Especially in small villages and in rural places it does manage to get some looks.

-The Interior is good with the fit and finish of the plastics and the material used is pretty solid.

-The Dashboard Layout is well organised with the Touchscreen Head Unit and the touch screen Climate Control System. The Steering Wheel feel and grip is great with some functions that be controlled from the steering wheel.

-The best part about this vehicle is the space, being a sub 4 meter hatchback the leg space in the car is something that can put many sedans to shame. There have been times when 5 full size adults with a kid in the lap have been able to travel from Mumbai to Pune in comfort.

-The Boot Space of the vehicle is decent enough to carry 2 big suitcases with one or 2 hand bags. In fact the time when we were travelling to Pune with 5 Adults and a kid, we stopped in between and loaded the boot with household items like buckets, groceries and honestly I was surprised with the amount of luggage we could carry.

-The Air Conditioner is good enough to cool the cabin in about 5 mins during normal climate, however during summers it can take upto 7-10 mins.

-The vehicle is loaded with features like Sunroof, Cruise Control, Touchscreen head Unit, Touch Screen Climate Control, HDMI Port, Navigation etc

Engine & Driveability

-The Engine, this is something where I had heard that Honda engines are pretty noisy but honestly shifting from an Innova I found the NVH to be a lot better than the Innova. Its only when you cross 2.5k RPM is the sound really audible.

-The Drivability of the engine is perfect for the city and decent for the highway, I won’t expect much from a 100bhp/200 Nm vehicle. On Highways the car manages triple digit speeds with ease and the vehicle built quality does give a bit of confidence also.

-The Six Speed Manual gearbox is smooth to use.

-Fuel Efficiency, well it’s this car that has literally made me forget what visiting fuel stations is like. Being Used to the single digit Fuel efficiency from my Innova and even the BMW here it is difficult to get single digit figures no matter how hard you accelerate or no matter in how much traffic you drive the vehicle. In the City under normal conditions the car gives a fuel efficiency of around 14-16 kmpl and on highways it gives a fuel efficiency of 18-22 kmpl. I managed a full trip from Mumbai – Goa –Mangalore – Mumbai around 2400 kms with a fuel efficiency of 19 kmpl.

Some Images Clicked Enroute the Journey

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-7.15.49-pm.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-7.15.49-pm-1.jpeg

-The Ride Quality and Suspension of the car is just amazing. Takes the Bumps and Rough roads with ease. There is minimal body roll in the cabin but manageable.

-Another thing I like about the Vehicle is the ground clearance, I have literally driven the car on most rough roads some places even suitable for soft off roading and the car till date has not touched or scraped anywhere. Infact on one of the trips to Daman there were 5 people in the car and there were 3 in the Swift Dzire Following us. The Dzire did scrape at certain places but this car did not scrape anywhere. Infact I remember enroute to one of my friend’s farmhouse in Lonavala where my Innova Front bumper use to scrape the WRV manages to go with ease.

Dislikes & Problems Faced

-The Horn, the first thing I requested the Honda people was to change the horn of the vehicle. They did not have the Aftermarket ones but I got them one before delivery which they replaced it before the delivery of the vehicle.

-The Music System touchscreen, this is one of the most common problems of the Honda Music System head units where it all of a sudden stops working or the touch does not function. Got the Head Unit replaced twice under warranty but then got fed up as the Honda people did not have a solution and manged to install an aftermarket Android head unit without tampering the wiring system.

Images of the New Android System, Its an Chinese Unit but good quality of sound and screen

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.01-pm.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.02-pm.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.02-pm-1.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.02-pm-2.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.03-pm.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.04-pm.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.04-pm-1.jpeg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200426-1.48.05-pm-1.jpeg

-Another thing which I faced was uptil my 3rd service at 10,000 kms or which was actually my first service for fluid and filter change the car drank a lot of oil which was around a ltr or every 2-2.5k kms so till my first fluid change service I had already topped up the car with around 4 ltrs of oil which as per Honda was very common. I have kept Innova, Swift, Swift Dzire and few other diesel and had not faced this problem with those. Yes my beemer does drink about a ltr every 1-1.5k kms but then that car is doing about those many horses and is driven to its limit. Luckily post the first fluid change the oil consumption has dropped drastically so in the last 10k kms it has just drank around a ltr of oil. The next service can be only done post lockdown.

-Alloys (This dislike is a personal opinion) I was not too happy with the Alloy design of the vehicle so after about 15 k kms and about a year managed to change them with some good aftermarket alloys.

Some Pictures After the Alloy change

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20190705_070937__01.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20190705_071008__01.jpg

-On Sunny days the dashboard reflection does come on the windscreen causing a bit discomfort while driving.

Work Carried Out On the Vehicle till Date

-Horn Update mentioned earlier in the dislike section, updated to the trumpet horn by Roots Company.

-Garware Sunfilm on the Windows with 70% Visibility and Mirror Finish, Front Windscreen with 70% Visibility but light grey finish.

-Alloy Wheels Upgraded.

-Music System Upgraded From the Original Honda Touchscreen(7 Inch Screen) to the Aftermarket Android Touchscreen (9 Inch Screen).

-As the Screen was getting upgraded so I did add on the Front Door Speakers with JBL Component Speakers, Rear Door With JBL Door Speaker, Kicker 4 Channel Amplifier and Kicker Bass tube.
sandykudva999 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:17   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-Music System Upgraded From the Original Honda Touchscreen(7 Inch Screen) to the Aftermarket Android Touchscreen (9 Inch Screen).

-As the Screen was getting upgraded so I did add on the Front Door Speakers with JBL Component Speakers, Rear Door With JBL Door Speaker, Kicker 4 Channel Amplifier and Kicker Bass tube.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It is a great feeling to gift something to your parents. I bought this same car for my father around 2 years back and he is quite happy.

I then purchased another for myself last July. So we have two WRV IDTEC's at home. I love the space and the very compliant ride quality and the very direct steering. It almost like a GoKart

Please share the model and brand of your Headunit and from where can it be procured. I would also like to consider it.
Old 19th May 2020, 21:02   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 BS6 Honda WR-V Spied In Stockyard : Gets lower fuel efficiency.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-wrvbs6honda2020.jpg

Quote:
Mileage has seen in a significant drop in BS6 petrol and diesel engines. Petrol is now rated 16.5 km/l (previous 17.5 km/l) and diesel is rated at 23.7 km/l (previous 25.5 km/l). The transition to BS6, as expected, has brought down the numbers of fuel economy
Quote:
Changes on the back have been revealed and there is change to the illumination of the tail-lamps by a subtle margin and they are LED. There is a sunroof, projector lights on offer along with cruise control is part of the package. These are details that are being shared on the website.
Honda WR-V : Official Review-02.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-01.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-04.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-03.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-05.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th May 2020 at 21:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 21:24   #330
Senior - BHPian

Electric sunroof and cruise control were already present in the BS4 IDTEC VX model. So only change I see the Front grille and LED head and tail lights. Plus of-course the reduced mileage.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks