Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 20:33   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

I kind of upgraded my stock tyres to Goodyear Assurance with ArmorGrip tech (205/60R16 92H FPTL). Total cost (4) - 23,600/- at Millivision (install, balancing, alignment, new valves). Old tyres gone bad due to lot of lockdown parked car.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 1st March 2021 at 20:58.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 14:03   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
2. Average service cost is 2.5 to 3.5k per service including oil change. The service is straightforward and no attempt at fleecing.
The Honda service calculator itself mentions the service cost of around 6-7k.
Even I paid around 6500 for my 20k service.
Can you please explain how are you paying so less for your wrv's services?
Old 7th March 2021, 14:40   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
1. Not sure if some have driven VW diesels, but they are also not the most refined in terms of noise
2. How are the regular interval (10K kms) service costs on an avg.? Do the service center try to fleece money like VW/ Skoda ones (my 15 K kms service cost on an avg has been approx 12K)
3. Has anyone encountered issue with fixed headrests in back seats? In my case these will be occupied by elderly and / or kids who are at max 5 ft 7 in.
4. Does the boot space suffice for small family trips with say - 2 full size suitcases, 1/2 full size skybag and 1/2 laptop bags?
5. Does the rear suspension sag under full load?
6. The design of rear wiper - i have seen in showroom that it does not perform a full sweep but rather only covers till 3/4th of rear glass - how has it been in rains?
7. Request team members if the OEM infotainment system is good - as i do not like to fiddle much with these equipments and only go for top end. In last few posts, have seen some issues highlighted with the system
8. How has been the parts cost which come with high run of diesel engine like timing belt, clutch assembly, engine oil etc.?
1. My previous car was a swift petrol, bought wrv in 2019. Have driven it for 20300 kms. The diesel engine is definitely a bit loud but has never been loud enough to disturb me or distract me while driving. Also, if I play music at medium loudness, I do not even notice the engine noise.

2. Even service, 20k 40k etc, costs somewhere between 6500 to 7500. Odd service costs somewhere between 5k to 6k.
You may also check the service cost on Honda's website. It is exactly what you pay at the service centre. Service advisors never try to fleece you, if they every try, you always have the service calculator to compare the cost.

3. Backrest is definitely an issue for my family of 6 footers, for your people with height 5'7, it should be fine.

4. Do not know, what size suitcase you are talking about but I can tell you about my recent trip to the hills.
One trekking bag of 85 litres, 1 full size suitcase of 80 cms, 2 small bagpacks, 1-2 cloth bags carrying snacks etc. Boot was full with all this, and I had to remove the parcel tray.

5. No, I do not think it sags, my car was fully loaded and it did not cause any problems on my trip, even when the roads were in bad condition.

6. Not sure about 3/4th movement but I used it once or twice on my trip, it does the job to improve visibility, but not great at it.

7. I think my wrv has digipad 1, it is extremely laggy but does not bother me because since I play music through bluetooth on my phone, I just use steering mounted controls for music. For navigation I use my phone. Sound quality is very good for oem standards.

8. Cannot say about cost of parts because mine has run only 20k kms, front right wheel bearing has started making noises, so that will be replaced under warranty.
But definitely disappointed to see a part like wheel bearing, that should be fine for atleast 80-90k kms, give up so soon. Hope it is a one off issue.

Overall I would say, if you want a practical no nonsense car for travel with loads of space, wrv is a very good option. Just that it does not have a wow factor, specially considering the price.

I got a good deal because I opted to buy a car manufactured in April 2019, I bought in august 2019.
Since wrv is a slow mover, you can definitely bargain for a good amount, specially if you are happy to buy a car manufactured 3-4 months ago.
Hope my post helps you in deciding.
Old 8th March 2021, 13:59   #364
BHPian

Guys, as mentioned in my previous post, right side wheel bearing gave up. My wrv has run 20k kms.

Off lately I felt vibrations and car shuddering while braking hard, even the brake bite was missing, brakes would only come into effect when the brake pedal is pressed completely.

Honda ass is saying brake pads and disc brakes need to be changed and they are obviously not covered under warranty. total cost including labour will be around 7500.

My question is, do brake pads and disc brakes give up so early? I do see unevenness on the disk brake and the thickness of pads is also less.

Should I first get the wheel balancing done to see if things improve because wheel balancing and alignment is also due.

Cannot get them changed from outside because my car is under extended warranty and it is only 17 months old.

Last edited by Aksthedreamer : 8th March 2021 at 14:00. Reason: added more info
Old 19th March 2021, 19:43   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
Guys, as mentioned in my previous post, right side wheel bearing gave up. My wrv has run 20k kms.

Off lately I felt vibrations and car shuddering while braking hard, even the brake bite was missing, brakes would only come into effect when the brake pedal is pressed completely.

Honda ass is saying brake pads and disc brakes need to be changed and they are obviously not covered under warranty. total cost including labour will be around 7500.
I have changed disc pads at 30k. It all depends on usage. It was done as part of std service.
Regarding vibrations, please check if tyres have had latent damage due to lockdown parking of cars. It shows up as varied issues- uneven wear, uneven air pressure retention, out of shape, steering vibration etc. mine was so bad, was forced to replace tyres.
Old 4th June 2021, 12:56   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
In my opinion, the Jazz with the CVT, is way better. What you are paying for, in the WR-V, is essentially more ground clearance & pretend SUV looks. The drivetrain is essentially the same.
Yes but what about a manual? I am on the fence here. About to get one. Is it really worthwhile to get the WRV petrol manual? I believe space & mileage are both better in the jazz. Also the top spec manual can be got under 10 lakhs on road. Am I wrong? Experienced members ?
Old 6th July 2021, 17:17   #367
BHPian

Is most definitely brake pads and may be brake discs also.

I was on a 400km trip to southern tamil nadu from chennai a couple of weeks back in my Honda WRV diesel(35000kms on the odo). I was on NH45 nearing trichy and as i reached ulundurpet(200km from chennai) braking at speeds higher than 120kms was causing a vibration and metallic noise. i suspected the pads and disc and slowed down and reached trichy. The capital honda dealership is on the highway in trichy but seemed awfully crowded. In the current times, i did not want to go to a crowded place and continued off nh45 towards rameshwaram and then realised this metallic noise/brake vibration was appearing even during slow speed braking. Fortunately there was a capital honda workshop in pudukottai(50 km from trichy) which is a small town. i called them and stopped by and was very impressed with the mechanics there who replaced my pads and discs in 40 minutes and was back on my way. I spent INR 8200 for the replacement.

Brake pads and discs are wear and tear parts and are subject to type of usage and given their critical nature to the car, i think it makes no sense to delay the change.
Desmodromic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:34   #368
BHPian

I'm looking at pre-worshipped diesel WRV and did a test drive - WRV diesel was way smooth compared to Jazz diesel - not sure how and why. Potholes were handled better compared to Jazz which begs for tyre upsizing.

I've a query to owners here, the driver footwell seems bit too constrained - foot was hitting something in back,

1. Is it due to seats mounted on some projections from the well ?

or

2. Due to floor mats with holes on either end ? TD vehicle mats weren't fastened to well - rang my fingers on foot well and found there were projections available but not exposed.

Did anyone else observed these ? Or these are issues faced just by me. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2021, 19:11   #369
BHPian

The front seats of WRV are fixed on a kind of platform. While sitting on those seats if you pull your feet back towards you, the platform will hit the heels. Many cars have empty spaces below the seat where on can fold back the legs. Not in WRV. While migrating from another car, it's a sore point initially.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 02:48   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
I'm looking at pre-worshipped diesel WRV and did a test drive - WRV diesel was way smooth compared to Jazz diesel - not sure how and why. Potholes were handled better compared to Jazz which begs for tyre upsizing.

Did anyone else observed these ? Or these are issues faced just by me. Thanks in advance.
WRV has two projections or rather points in the floor below the heal of your foot that need to be fixed with buttons for holding the foot mat. Usually these are not fixed and you have to get them fixed when you buy the mats which have holes to fix them. Probably that’s what you felt.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th September 2021 at 06:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:55   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
The front seats of WRV are fixed on a kind of platform. While sitting on those seats if you pull your feet back towards you, the platform will hit the heels. Many cars have empty spaces below the seat where on can fold back the legs. Not in WRV. While migrating from another car, it's a sore point initially.
Thanks for sharing this info - I checked my Ritz and even it has seats mounted on a platform but wasn't a problem at all like in WR-V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
WRV has two projections or rather points in the floor below the heal of your foot that need to be fixed with buttons for holding the foot mat. Usually these are not fixed and you have to get them fixed when you buy the mats which have holes to fix them. Probably that’s what you felt.
Yes the mat has holes with pvc border around the holes - it was hindering movement especially with shoes. Thanks for sharing the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I kind of upgraded my stock tyres to Goodyear Assurance with ArmorGrip tech (205/60R16 92H FPTL). Total cost (4) - 23,600/- at Millivision (install, balancing, alignment, new valves). Old tyres gone bad due to lot of lockdown parked car.
That's the beauty of having small cars - a C-SUV (Duster) tyre (215/65 R16) cost start from 8k. How is the performance after upgrade - especially ride quality, steering grip (Ritz had heavy steering after I upgraded around 45k - was okay with it given that ride quality improved a lot)

So many questions as I've quote for 2019 WR-V Diesel. Was considering Duster but narrow lanes and traffic filled Bengaluru begs to have small and nimble car. Also hard plastics of Duster is a trade-off. But magic carpet will be sorely missed though.
Old 28th September 2021, 19:37   #372
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I went through this thread and 2 test drives before we finalized the WRV Petrol for my 70 year old father.

Our requirements were:
1. A slightly higher car (Mother has bad knees)
2. Extreme reliability
3. Petrol (preferably with some punch but you cant get everything)
4. Wide doors (we love to eat and are tall as well)
5. Manual gearbox (not comfortable in learning to drive a manual)
6. Good visibility
7. 10-11 Lacs on road in Noida

We test drove the Magnite (bouncy and not so appealing interiors), Kushaq (reliability and after sales issues) and the WRV. We did not consider Hyundai, Kia & Maruti.

Can someone summarize some known long term issues with the car so that we are mentally prepared? As far as i could analyze, there seems to be no such issue(?)

PS - Headrest at the back are missing but in all possibility we wont need them for more than 30 mins at a stretch.
Old 30th October 2021, 00:01   #373
BHPian

One of my friend reported malpractice done while getting his car serviced at Whitefield Honda, Bangalore. Post service he travelled to Jamshedpur (~1800 KM) by the same car. He was not aware of the fact there is somethig wierd that would come up.

He got bill including an item of synthetic engine oil change @1700+Tax. After 2-3k km of run post his service the engine oil level was below the prescibed levels. At some point of time he happen to check his engine oil level and found that the levels of engine oil were bwlow minimum mark. He consulted a local mechanic who mentioned that the engine oil level is below the standard mark with very poor viscousity. Later he consulted Narbheram Honda Jamshedpur who concurred the concerns raised by the local mechanic. My friend ended up refiling the engine oil once again after emptying it.

Clearly, my friend is of the opinion that he became the victim of the frauds done at the service centers. Which is rampant in the city like bangalore.

Post lodging a complaint with Honda India, Mr Magesh at whitefield honda is calling him after months to visit the service center so that he can investigate the car for the above mentioned fraud.

It was pathetic service by Whitefield honda (as per my friend). Beware guys...they are there to make money (by hook and crook). They really dont care abour your convinience and safety as well.

Riches don't care, Middle class hardly know it, others would find it difficult. This is why service centers like whitefield Honda thrive...just like the popular maruti case wherein the car was just washed and handed over to the customer (in the name of service) and everhthing was recorded in his dash cam !!!
Anupam1024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 18:04   #374
BHPian

Honda WR-V Discontinued?

Saw a couple of Honda showrooms while moving around, and realized that None of them have the WR-V On display anymore.

Has the production been stopped? There are High chances of it due to it doing just a few 100 units a MONTH.
No official Announcement from Honda Yet. Will Update it here as soon as any Announcement comes in.

What's Your take on this?

Name:  2017hondawrv01.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  119.7 KB
Old 7th March 2022, 13:37   #375
Senior - BHPian

After seeing this post, I spoke to a Sales person whom I know in Magnum Honda. There is no news about discontinuing WRV and they required at least 1 month for delivering a diesel variant. I suspect a face lifted version with CVT may be on the cards.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th March 2022 at 13:40.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks