Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:24   #376

Re: Honda WR-V Discontinued?

Just took a test drive this morning in Indore...I hope they're not discontinuing it anytime soon :P
RahulC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:13   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Honda's sub compact SUV WR-V to be axed in 2023.

To be replaced with the Gen. Next Compact built on the updated version of the Amaze's platform.

Link (Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV)

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th May 2022 at 11:14.
Old 4th June 2022, 15:53   #378
BHPian

Looks like the WR-V is also getting a comprehensive facelift after the Venue and Brezza. Here's the link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SsoQZR7VhAiNln
Let's see what can it do. The front has a very aggressive looking face. Hope Honda can do it this time
Old 28th August 2022, 13:50   #379
BHPian

Friends,

I have a Honda WRV i-DTECH (2019). It has run close to 50k. One major grouse I have about the vehicle is the inadequate light of the headlamps. I was debating the options like IPH M617 LED fog lamps and Fahren H4 LED bulbs 60W, 12000L (Amazon.in, approximately Rs. 7500). I was not sure where to procure the former because there are many warnings about fake products. The latter is imported and sold by Amazon. It has good reviews in many sites.

Then I happened to read a post by BHPian ais on "Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review thread" where DHC LED lamps are mentioned. I contacted the company and was directed to a dealer in Hyderabad. I went to Minister's Road and got them fixed.

It was a 5-minute fix. There is definitely much improvement in the light output. At least it gives confidence to drive in the night. Honda WR-V : Official Review-16616730860471823984567.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-1661673201565541917859.jpgI haven't yet driven on a highway.

I was a bit wary of 6500k light. That's the reason I preferred 4200k bulbs. The light spread and reach of the beams are quite appropriate for WRV.

I'll update this thread after a highway trip as well as a drive in the rain.
lejhoom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:08   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I was a bit wary of 6500k light. That's the reason I preferred 4200k bulbs. The light spread and reach of the beams are quite appropriate for WRV.
Are these true 4300k LEDs? Is it possible to share photos of the light output?

I've April, 2017 iDtec VX and since 2018 I'm using HID projector for the highway runs without any issues. Got them from AliExpress along with proper couplers and fuse. It was a DIY.

I've used Philips Xtreme series halogen bulbs but life is way too short on those bulbs so eventually went back to stock bulbs.

Btw here's something for WR-V owners

Honda WR-V : Official Review-umling-la-lokender-pilaniya.jpg

This was my third and longest trip to Ladakh, a total of 32 days from Jaipur to Jaipur.
Above picture I shot when I was returning from Demchok last year on 4th Oct. It was -6°C at that time and this is a blend of 3 shots, one for milkyway, one for light painting and one for me holding the torch. All done by myself while keeping the camera at same place.

Last edited by LokiPilaniya : 9th September 2022 at 16:18.
LokiPilaniya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 08:39   #381
BHPian

See the lights.

I have taken the photos in the day because my phone camera seems to adjust light in the dark and the photos may not give accurate description.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-only-drl-08.30.49.jpeg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-only-fog-light.jpeg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-headlight-low.jpeg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-headlight-high.jpeg  

lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 08:40   #382
BHPian

The order from bottom:
Only DRL
Fog lights
Headlights Low
Headlights High

Hope this gives a comparison of the lamp colour.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 19:50   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
That's the beauty of having small cars - a C-SUV (Duster) tyre (215/65 R16) cost start from 8k. How is the performance after upgrade - especially ride quality, steering grip (
Ride quality is superb, esp highway coasting… it feels like gliding. I just got my 45K service done (50Kth one) …. Loving the 20+Kmpl mileage in Bangalore ORR. What more can one ask for… worry free ownership of 4+ years . Great to hear the upcoming upgrade. Hope they give it the looks of HRV…. Makes one go weak in the knees. With time, I appreciate this beast with Diesel engine and its extreme frugality even more. It’s like having the cake and cherry on top and eating it too!!!
ownerofazkaban is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 21:19   #384
BHPian

In order to complement the LED headlights, I decided to change the fog lamps too. I chose IPH BI-LED fog lamps from Blaze India. (Contact Mr. Amit 9560040916). They have two kinds of LEDs: M617 3-color and M617 Bi-LED. Quoted prices were Rs 8200 and Rs 6900 respectively. Interestingly, Carhatke was selling the 3-color for only Rs.6499. But they offered no warranty. Blaze India said they would give one year warranty. Having read about them on Team-Bhp, I decided to buy from them, but not the 3-color LED. I thought it would be an overkill for a vehicle mostly plying in South India. Mr Amit was very prompt in sending me courier details etc. soon after the payment was done. He even sent a picture with the lamps switched on. The item was delivered in couple of days through DTDC. The packing was very good and the contents came without any damage.

I had asked Mr Amit about the person who could fix it on the vehicle. He shared the name of Mr Pasha here in Hyderabad. I contacted Mr Pasha and went to fix the lamps at Minister Road one evening around 7.

Mr Pasha is adept in his work. He is a freelancer. He claims that Blaze India and Azoom recommend him for fixing their lamps. He has a YouTube channel names z r production (all lower cases) where he showed off his skills. He charged Rs 1000. He also concurred with the point that 3-color LEDs are not the best because, one, it's a pain to recycle through all the steps to get the desired lamp colour for it always switched on in yellow and two, it's rather difficult to make the proper alignment of the beam after fixing the lamps.

The fog lamps were fitted in under an hour. Since they have about 5000k, they go very well with the LED lamps. In contrast, DRLs of the car are much whiter. After fixing them, he did the focussing and that was done fantastically. The low beam has a very clear cut-off line that will not affect the on-coming driver. The high beam works in tandem with the high beam of the headlight. Pasha had to splice a wire each from the fog lamps to the wires towards the headlamps to trigger the high beam action. These two wires are tucked in well so that they are not easily visible.

As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating, four days back I completed a 3500 km one week drive covering MH, UP, JH, WB, OR, AP and back to Telangana. I encountered most driving situations except fog. The lights performed exceptionally well whether it was raining or it was pitch dark. On the deserted, dark road to Deoghar all I had to flip the light to high beam and change the headlight leveller position to 2 and everything was visible crystal clear. On the city roads, I don't even need to switch on the headlights. Fog lamps in low beam with DRLs do the work. I believe money is well spent on upgrading the lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-_20221006_193646.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-_20221006_193750.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-_20221006_193955.jpg  

lejhoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 19:55   #385
BHPian

Went to buy an Alto K10 2022 came out with a Pre loved WRV

Prelude : Thought about buying a new car this year, my very first and the budget was 6L max 6.5L all inclusive

Predominantly this vehicle would serve as a get around town vehicle
Wanted to travel with the family and constant rains were a pain to use the two-wheelers
Mom - A car with easy ingress and Egress !
Dad - Just buy one you can afford to maintain easily !
Wife - Just buy a car !!

Initial ideas :
A new car
A used car
Pimp out a Bajaj Quite

Idea #3 was discussed many times, with 3 people opposing and yours truly trying to convince them that it's a great idea, however 3 against 1 is a sure loss and though i still thinkit would be a great idea, the family feels I've lost my mind

Idea #2 to buy a used car was always something I was willing to consider, i had heard that you can find great deals and great cars, i searched for many months but without avail
Either the cars had a lot of KM's on the odo and too old, the low mileage vehicles were either cars i didn't like it were out of my budget
All in all nothing quite got my attention but that was about to change soon(more on this below)

Idea #1 then became the defacto choice and the hunt began
Brands considered
Maruti Suzuki - Top contendor - Was not a fan due to zero importance given to safety
They were budget, practicality, maintenance was affordable
Models considered : Alto K10 (2022) & New Celerio
Mom like the Celerio and i the K10

Hyundai - Santro and i10 Nios - Didn't like these ones at all, I've read many stories about how Hyundai as dropped quality

Honda - Out of Budget

Tata - Horror stories I've read here about after sales support made me not even think about this and Out of Budget

Mahindra - Out of Budget

Nissan - Magnite - Impressive variants and price made me consider stretching the budget a bit and finally didn't decide to go with the Magnite

Renault - Kwid and Kiger - Not a fan, dropped

I was about to book the Celerio / Alto ( mostly the Celerio)
When casually browsing i came upon Honda Auto Terrace and there I saw this pre loved WRV 2018 built
Was a Top end VX model
Clean body and interior ( as much as i could judge from the pics)
Was a bit out of budget
Was ONLY 6.1KM driven - factor that led me back to idea #2 and had a hunch to check it out once, just to satisfy myself that if something is too good to be true it mostly is

When we went to check it out we actually found
The body was super clean, no rust or major damage anywhere
Few scratches here and there spoke of its origin

Interior - quite good, needs some cleaning but nothing had deteriorated, seat covers were new, sun visor still had factory plastic covers, plastics all around were quite new
None of the panels had any scratches, Digipad had it's plastic, there was a sunroof ( i didn't know this till the 2nd check out visit)

Engine bay was clean
No rust anywhere
Wheel weels were clean, no rust
Very very Slight rust on the front discs
Boot was clean
Spare wheel was never even taken out

Everything felt like it was in its place and overall dad and I were quite impressed
Test drive was good, everything was tight, no squeals and squeaks
No unwanted engine or brake sounds

I was now seriously considering this one and so was my dad
We gave one offer to the Honda dealership which was a good 75K lesser than the quoted price and left because the deal didn't seem to work out because of a 25K difference
Along the day this car was on my mind and i called the sales person and tried speaking to him, we arrived at 15K difference and I blocked it

Next i was apprehensive of only one question
Was this an untampered 6K car or am I missing something here
Next 3 days were spent in searching for a 2nd hand car inspection service
Go mechanic was booked but they acted up and didn't arrive
Finally one of our contacts who was in the car business agreed to check it out and gave a green light
Some of my friends told me to blindly buy this one as they thought it's a rear opportunity
A 6.1K driven Honda was a new one for all practical intents and purposes

Finally we bought our pride and joy home
And ofcourse i had to stretch my budget, my mom likes the ingress and egress, she loves the sunroof, dad has a twinkle in his eye everytime he drives, the wife is happy
And I feel content that they are all happy

More miles to go more smiles to see
More to learn about cars, more memories to be made
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20221030_094843__01.jpg  

tc89 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 09:53   #386
BHPian

Congratulations for your first car

Honda WRV is a very underrated car. It has a classy interior along with best in class cabin space. Strangely Honda did not give it the 1.5 ivtec and there is no AT as well

One of my close friends was looking for a sub compact SUV and did not like any of the options available in the market because each of the cars had shortcomings which proved to be a deal breaker. that's when I asked him to check the WRV and his family loved it instantly. He has absolutely no complains in his 2 years and ~30K kms of ownership.
TheVegabond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:05   #387
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My wife's colleague has a WRV and swears by the car. I was a little reluctant to go with his views till I drove it for a decent distance. It is a fantastic car. One can have solid fun in the city. If this had the 1.5 vtec, it would have been havoc!
rajeevsulu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 12:30   #388
Senior - BHPian

There are lot of one sided reviews about WR-V that it lacks power and torque, people who have not driven this car may think that it needs the 1.5L i-vtec engine. This is really a fantastic car to drive if one has good driving skills.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 17:46   #389
BHPian

Congratulations. I was looking for Honda WR-V and couldn't find one last year.

The Honda quality however watered down is better than others.

Discussion about under powered and 1.5 NA not given is all euphoria built by enthusiasts. Practical purposes of ticks and small foot print is a boon for city errands.
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:02   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There are lot of one sided reviews about WR-V that it lacks power and torque, people who have not driven this car may think that it needs the 1.5L i-vtec engine. This is really a fantastic car to drive if one has good driving skills.
The front door of WR-V feels as heavy as that of an Ecosport, BR-V on the other hand feels light.

I have driven the BR-V and WR-V back to back, They are not that different in terms of kerb weight I felt , perhaps within the limit of a 100 kgs, but the 1.5L engine in the bigger vehicle was better to drive in comparison to the 1.2 in the smaller vehicle.

On its own the engine is okay for a Brio.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks