Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2017, 17:22   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My vehicle crossed the 1.5K km mark, it has been a good experience so far. Today I took the car for the first service and it was a happy experience. A whistling noise from the door beadings was fixed promptly by the service guys. The nearest service center of Magnum Honda is near Yeshwanthpur, it is a big place and all the staff are very friendly. The average fuel efficiency has stabilized around 16.7 kmpl.
Thats quite good FE. So the whistling was fixed by replacing the beading? Or just removal and reattaching it?

By the way considering your WR-V has now done 1st service, its about time you changed your signature. There's a misfitting entry in the brands to be tried section .
Old 14th July 2017, 18:02   #92

Reinhard, appreciate your point of view. But looks are really subjective. For example, you might find that WR-V lacks the butch appearance, whereas others prefer its cross-hatch like appearance. I agree with you that it is more of cross-hatch like Cross-Polo rather than a mini-SUV and that it lacks Ecosport's ride height. But people do find it as a good option riding and handling wise compared to the competition. Many also prefer its cross-hatch-ish stance over Jazz's MPV-ish stance. The difference between top end WR-V and Jazz is just 60k in my city - hardly a mammoth premium to pay for extra features like Sunroof, high GC, cruise control,bigger wheels etc.

However, its good for Honda that some like you prefer Jazz over WR-V. Jazz has enough things working for it to be desirable - the Magic Seats (which I desperately wanted to be in WR-V but alas) and the CVT. So, all iz well for Honda I guess.

Cheers.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
Old 14th July 2017, 18:36   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzalez View Post
Reinhard, appreciate your point of view. But looks are really subjective. For example, you might find that WR-V lacks the butch appearance, whereas others prefer its cross-hatch like appearance. I agree with you that it is more of cross-hatch like Cross-Polo rather than a mini-SUV and that it lacks Ecosport's ride height. But people do find it as a good option riding and handling wise compared to the competition. Many also prefer its cross-hatch-ish stance over Jazz's MPV-ish stance. The difference between top end WR-V and Jazz is just 60k in my city - hardly a mammoth premium to pay for extra features like Sunroof, high GC, cruise control,bigger wheels etc.

However, its good for Honda that some like you prefer Jazz over WR-V. Jazz has enough things working for it to be desirable - the Magic Seats (which I desperately wanted to be in WR-V but alas) and the CVT. So, all iz well for Honda I guess.

Cheers.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
Hey sure! I'm not trying to say WR-V is not a good car. Just don't see where it fits.

Like you said, better handling and height compared to competition. What exactly is supposed to be the competition? Hatchbacks right?

Jazz - I don't know why everyone keeps saying it looks like an MPV. I somehow fail to see it. It looks like a sporty low slung supermini hatch to me.

60k is not an "only" amount for a poor guy like me .
Sunroof & Cruise control = perhaps in your part of the country these 2 things are actually usable. In mine - they are as useful as the business-card holder in the glove-boxes that some cars offer .

So to me it really becomes 60k for higher GC and larger wheels.

Again - I'm not saying its not a good car. Just don't see why its that far better than a Jazz thats all.

Overall - the pseudo SUVs are all doing the same - asking for a premium when sibling cars offer lot more features at same or lower prices (CRETA / Verna for example). So nothing specifically different than others being done by Honda either.

Cheers!

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th July 2017 at 18:37.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 20:19   #94

Respect your opinion. My family and I liked WR-V more than Ecosport and hence booked it. Brezza was out of question cuz we needed the car quickly and it takes ages to be delivered. Didn't mean to state that 60k is a small amount. It is not!! I meant that I personally felt that paying the extra amount more for WR-V was worth it given the features we are getting in return. I'm sure you may disagree..
SpeedyGonzalez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 22:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thats quite good FE. So the whistling was fixed by replacing the beading? Or just removal and reattaching it?
By reattaching it, I observed at the service station that there is an inconsistent gap between the front quarter glass and beading in the WRV's.
Old 18th July 2017, 11:08   #96
BHPian

It is interesting to note that WR-V owners dont seem to find the 1.2 petrol to be under-powered and appear satisfied with low-end torque.

On our Brio - we find the car to be sluggish straight off the line - it judders on inclines where more throttle needs to be given.

Performance on the move is perfectly acceptable though.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Brio petrol and WR-V or Jazz petrols?

Is the state of tune same for the 1.2 petrols across Brio and WR-V/Jazz?

Had driven a Jazz many years ago and found it to be similar to the Brio in terms of driving performance.
Old 18th July 2017, 12:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
It is interesting to note that WR-V owners dont seem to find the 1.2 petrol to be under-powered and appear satisfied with low-end torque

Is the state of tune same for the 1.2 petrols across Brio and WR-V/Jazz?
They seem to have tuned the gear ratios. Quote from their website:
Quote:
The all-together new, higher weight category transmission is adapted for WR-V petrol version to deliver the punchy performance.
I wish this is done in the Jazz as well. A well tuned transmission can bring out the best performance of an engine and effectively mask its weak points. That said, I'd love to know from someone who has tested both Jazz and WR-V back-to-back on how much difference this updated transmission makes.
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 08:50   #98
BHPian

My friend has a WR-V Diesel VX variant and facing issues on Audio quality while taking calls in car. The car is pairing up Bluetooth without issues and recipient voice on car speakers is good, but audio quality to the other person is very low. It seems as it talking from inside a well. It looks like the bluetooth mic is in on the centre-top near the Sun-roof switches and does not look blocked as such.

Wanted to check if anyone else facing this issue and any suggestions before checking with service center? Thanks!
Old 21st July 2017, 12:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Drivespark reports that Honda is increasing production of WR-V to bring down waiting period.

Quote:
Honda launched the WR-V crossover in March 2017. The company received over 23,000 bookings for the WR-V; however, it was able to deliver around 16,000 units till date. The WR-V was launched in India to counter the popular Maruti Brezza and the Ford EcoSport, although the Honda WR-V does not look anywhere close to a subcompact SUV.

Currently, Honda produces 3,400 units of the WR-V, and the company wants to increase it to 5,000 units a month, this indicates the growing demand for the WR-V in the Indian market.

Honda wants to cut down the waiting period and has, in turn, increased the production of the WR-V to meet the demand. "The model is doing well, and we still have a substantial waiting period of up to two months currently for the vehicle," HCIL Senior Vice President Marketing, and Sales Jnaneswar Sen told. He added, "So we have initiated the process to ramp up the production of the model from the current 3,400 units a month to around 5,000 units a month."
Old 21st July 2017, 17:16   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
My friend has a WR-V Diesel VX variant and facing issues on Audio quality while taking calls in car. The car is pairing up Bluetooth without issues and recipient voice on car speakers is good, but audio quality to the other person is very low. It seems as it talking from inside a well. It looks like the bluetooth mic is in on the centre-top near the Sun-roof switches and does not look blocked as such.

Wanted to check if anyone else facing this issue and any suggestions before checking with service center? Thanks!
Have been using the bluetooth call services via my diesel WR-V. No such significant change in voice quality for the recipients of the calls. Maybe your friend need to get his car checked out?
SpeedyGonzalez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 11:23   #101
Team-BHP Support

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...t-here/774772/

The article discusses why the Honda WRV is a success in the market as compared to the failures of the earlier RV branded cars from Honda (CRV, BRV).

The prime reason they quote is that Honda has retained all the needed practicality in the WRV, while making it more frugal having "ditched the less economical 1.5L petrol".
Old 24th July 2017, 11:59   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
It is interesting to note that WR-V owners dont seem to find the 1.2 petrol to be under-powered and appear satisfied with low-end torque.

Had driven a Jazz many years ago and found it to be similar to the Brio in terms of driving performance.
I test drove both Jazz and WR-V and WR-V did seem little more peppier in the low end for lack of a better word. But the difference was not massive IMO. It was only the SA and me in both test drives so not sure how it would perform with 3 more in the back and A/C on full blow which Jazz absolutely struggles with.

Eventually, I went with Jazz over WR-V mainly because that I didn't prefer WR-V's claddings and wannabe SUV looks.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 24th July 2017 at 12:18.
Old 24th July 2017, 13:05   #103
BHPian

Can someone confirm if Honda is not going to release Automatic version of WRV.

One of my friend is looking for a car in Compact Sedan/Compact SUV range. He has so far shortlisted Ecosport,WRV and Dzire(All Petrol). His family wants to buy WRV but lack of Auto trim is a big mental block for him.The sales guy is very confident that Honda will never release auto trim as long as Jazz is in production.
Appreciate if any have news/suggestion/scoops!
Old 24th July 2017, 14:05   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...t-here/774772/

The article discusses why the Honda WRV is a success in the market as compared to the failures of the earlier RV branded cars from Honda (CRV, BRV).

The prime reason they quote is that Honda has retained all the needed practicality in the WRV, while making it more frugal having "ditched the less economical 1.5L petrol".
Isn't it bit premature to talk about success or failure of a product that has not been in the market for even 4 months? Guaging the product reception is impossible within this time frame. This looks to be some sort of paid news for me, I may be wrong here. When WR-V does not even get what Jazz has ( like Magic seats, adjustable headrests, most importantly a CVT), what makes them claim that WR-V has all the practicality that one wants? The only thing that goes for WR-V is sunroof. It is still terrible to drive in traffic because of the 1.2 petrol and added kerb weight.
arunramaswamy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 23:18   #105
BHPian

Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Isn't it bit premature to talk about success or failure of a product that has not been in the market for even 4 months? Guaging the product reception is impossible within this time frame. This looks to be some sort of paid news for me, I may be wrong here. When WR-V does not even get what Jazz has ( like Magic seats, adjustable headrests, most importantly a CVT), what makes them claim that WR-V has all the practicality that one wants? The only thing that goes for WR-V is sunroof. It is still terrible to drive in traffic because of the 1.2 petrol and added kerb weight.

I read somewhere that the WRV has 23000 bookings and till now Honda is able to deliver only 16000 units. In fact they are now increasing their WRV production. From this it is quite evident that the WRV is a silent hit. The sunroof and other differentiators wrt the Jazz has worked in Honda's favour. I have started to see new WRVs on road.

On the power front it seems people aren't bothered too much given the numbers i20 petrol does (way more than i20 diesel) and that engine is worse than Honda's 1.2 IMO. No offense meant to owners. I just want to point out that this is a result of a sound market research done by the manufacturers that power doesn't seem to be an important criteria for this segment's clientele.

Last edited by Waspune : 25th July 2017 at 23:27.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks