Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

I will be taking delivery of Honda WRV (1.2L i-VTEC, S variant) probably today or on Saturday. After driving 4 different diesel cars during last 70K km's, right from the crank, I was at home while doing the TD of petrol version. The refinement was butter smooth, did not miss the torque at lower rpm while driving in city traffic with 4 people on board. I will come up with an ownership report very soon.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:08   #77
BHPian

Looking forward to your Ownership report. This thread seems to have dried off. I'm surprised more people in our community aren't excited about this wonderful vehicle.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I will be taking delivery of Honda WRV (1.2L i-VTEC, S variant) probably today or on Saturday.
Congrats! Dad too will be taking delivery of his WR-V petrol S variant sometime in the next few days. Which colour have you opted for? Though I won't be the primary user of this car, I will try to share my views in this thread itself. I won't be in a position to write a full fledged ownership review as such, at least in the immediate future as I will be spending very less time with the car.
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

I have selected Golden Brown, also agree that this thread has dried off. But I don't comment till I drive any car myself, it is because of layback attitude of Cauvery Ford that I am buying this. I visited Magnum Honda on Monday morning and all loan formalities were completed the same day, what else do you expect from a dealer when buying a car. I had to choose between diesel and petrol and they had 3 cars in stock. I opted for Petrol since I don't drive much these days with 5 people (less than 400km per month).
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:02   #80
BHPian

WR-V caters to a very niche set of customers, who wants ground clearance and affordable sunroof. Hence the thread and the product as such may not see much of an activity. Perhaps addition of CVT transmission + 1.5 ivtec can bring some excitement to WR-V. As of now, not many may be opting for this over the Jazz to be honest.
Old 23rd June 2017, 05:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle came home yesterday; I took it out for a drive inside the city and on the NICE road covering 150Km. The car never felt underpowered and the overall average FE was 15.4 kmpl with AC. The average FE reached as high as 17.4 kmpl when driving around 2000rpm on the NICE road. Sharing few photos here.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20170623_055258.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20170623_055322.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_20170623_055347.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 23rd June 2017 at 06:09.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:10   #82
BHPian

Congratulations deehunk on the new arrival. Wishing you a million miles with your steed. Please post a pic of your ride as well. Once again congratulations on this momentous occasion.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 10:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

Dad got delivery of his WR-V S MT i-VTEC this weekend. We chose Premium Amber Metallic, which best suits the WR-V in our opinion. The booking & delivery experience at Regent Honda, Thane was flawless. 10/10 to them. We reached the showroom 30 minutes prior to the promised delivery time, and the car was already ready for delivery with all documentation! A short pooja was performed followed by delivery ceremony which included us unveiling the car followed by handover of keys, a box of chocolates & a Ganpati idol. We were out of the showroom before the promised delivery time

I have driven the car only for a few kilometers, with 5 people on board. Some observations from the short time:
  • The car is spacious! 3 in the rear seat was a breeze
  • Frontal visibility was good. Rear visibility a bit hampered due to size of windscreen
  • Raised stance is intantly apparent
  • Exterior claddings are of high quality
  • Interior plastics a grade below Hyundai
  • Thankfully Honda has provided fully equipped instrument cluster & MID even on the base variant
  • Econometer light which glows green when driven in an efficient manner is cool
  • Clutch felt very light
  • The engine is reported to have poor low end, but even with 5 on board the car was easily cruising in 4th gear at 35 kmph
  • S variant gets a meek single horn
  • Gearshifts are hard (compared to Xcent & old Swift). Specially 1st & 2nd gears
  • Ride quality is good.

Some pics:

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_6334.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_6333.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg
Wheel cap design is not bad.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_6419.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img_6418.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th June 2017 at 13:27.
AkMar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 11:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Dad got delivery of his WR-V S MT i-VTEC this weekend.

I have driven the car only for a few kilometers, with 5 people on board. Some observations from the short time:
  • The car is spacious! 3 in the rear seat was a breeze
  • The engine is reported to have poor low end, but even with 5 on board the car was easily cruising in 4th gear at 35 kmph
  • S variant gets a meek single horn
  • Gearshifts are hard (compared to Xcent & old Swift). Specially 1st & 2nd gears
  • Ride quality is good.
Your observations are correct, I have covered 500km so far, went for a long drive on Sunday on a curvy road with a lot of bad patches, the car is easy to drive in the city because of good response at lower rpm and never feels underpowered in higher gears provided you are changing gears at the right time. The car has delivered an average FE of 16.9kmpl with AC so far. Rear leg room is best among the class when compared with Duster, Ecosport, and Brezza. The ride quality is better than Ecosport and Brezza. I expect the gearshifts to improve after the run-in period. Sharing the pictures of my car here.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-presentation1.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 27th June 2017 at 11:50. Reason: Add photo
deehunk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 00:15   #85
BHPian

@deehunk and @AkMar, Congratulations to both of you for bringing home your new steed.
I have personally seen the top end versions on road and I must say the car looks handsome.
From the pictures posted by both of you I understand that the car is wearing 175 mm tyres instead of 195 mm seen on the VX models. Is it true? The Tyre seems to look puny for this handsome car. Could you also share how is amount the grip level and traction provided by these tyres.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 12:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
From the pictures posted by both of you I understand that the car is wearing 175 mm tyres instead of 195 mm seen on the VX models. Is it true? The Tyre seems to look puny for this handsome car.
No, the tyre size is same for both S and VX variant, i.e. 195/60 R16. Our car has Bridgestone Ecopia OEM tyres. It is too early to comment on grip levels right now.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 13:00   #87
BHPian

If not for how it looks to me and the exorbitant pricing, I would have chosen WR-V over my new Jazz. Also, if not for WR-V, Jazz would have got all these features and new engine later this year instead of currently rumored mid 2018. I just couldn't like WR-V even after the test drive which was not much different from Jazz's.

I don't think this car is going to meaningfully compete wit Vittara Brezza and Ecosport.
Old 8th July 2017, 05:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

My WR-V crossed 1000km mark yesterday on the way to Tiruvannamalai, was able to drive through some worst patches without any issues. The average fuel efficiency during the 900km drive was 16.8kmpl, suspension and seat comfort is definitely better than EcoSport.
Old 9th July 2017, 21:20   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw brand new Jazz and WRV side by side & Jazz would certainly be my choice if I were to buy. No right or wrong here of course. Just my point of view.

1. The GC may be high but the seating position in the WRV certainly isn't that significantly high. This car is certainly not comparable to the Ecosport like its being done here. Its more of a Cross Polo,. I20Active. So one real usp of the urban suvs is not that significantly felt.

2. Jazz certainly looks much more urban and sober. The WRV is simply overdone in my opinion.

3. Unless the ride and handling is something galactically better than what the Jazz offers, I don't see what exactly justifies the premium.

4. Majority of these pseudo SUV customers buy it for the butch street presence. Ecosport, Brezza have it. WRV does not. (Comparing since this is the comparison that seems to be happening.) The Honda build does not come anywhere near the Ecosport.

The Jazz itself is an extremely competent and well rounded car. So hard to see how WRV really goes beyond that.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 17:12   #90
Senior - BHPian

My vehicle crossed the 1.5K km mark, it has been a good experience so far. Today I took the car for the first service and it was a happy experience. A whistling noise from the door beadings was fixed promptly by the service guys. The nearest service center of Magnum Honda is near Yeshwanthpur, it is a big place and all the staff are very friendly. The average fuel efficiency has stabilized around 16.7 kmpl.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed