Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2017, 22:20   #136
Senior - BHPian

Any WRV owner got the rear parking sensors installed by the dealer. We are being offered 4 sensor system with a 4.3 inch screen that displays a car graphic with the distance being shown in a big number on the top right. There is also a male voice that keeps prompting "STOP" once the distance becomes too less. The dealer says its a Honda approved system from Nippon. Any pictures folks can share of reverse parking setups will be great.
Old 29th December 2017, 23:43   #137
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Just got similar type sensor on my Jazz today as part of delivery. The voice is super annoying and I realized that with the rear camera being pretty good, the sensor is mostly redundant. Plus if it's the type that clips on your rearview mirror, you lose the dimmer feature on it.
Can't believe Honda approved something as annoying as this.
Old 30th December 2017, 00:27   #138
Senior - BHPian

The one we saw has a small lcd screen mounted on the dashboard. Did you happen to notice the make. Is it Nippon. The only reason I am getting this is because I think it will be reliable and Honda will support it. Do confirm the make and model if you know.

Last edited by Traveler : 30th December 2017 at 00:30.
Old 30th December 2017, 13:26   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The one we saw has a small lcd screen mounted on the dashboard. Did you happen to notice the make. Is it Nippon. The only reason I am getting this is because I think it will be reliable and Honda will support it. Do confirm the make and model if you know.
No. Mine's not Nippon, some other Chinese name. For yours if it's the kind that does not fit over the rearview, that's definitely better. Mine is also Honda approved, which is why I got it installed. I made the mistake of not asking for a demo.
I would recommend trying to see a demo if the voice announcement is acceptable for you. If not, the ones that only beep may be available.
Old 30th December 2017, 13:50   #140
Senior - BHPian

c
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun.r View Post
No. Mine's not Nippon, some other Chinese name. For yours if it's the kind that does not fit over the rearview, that's definitely better. Mine is also Honda approved, which is why I got it installed. I made the mistake of not asking for a demo.
I would recommend trying to see a demo if the voice announcement is acceptable for you. If not, the ones that only beep may be available.
Thanks for your reply. I am uploading the picture of the unit they are offering to me. The display is quite clear and the male voice speaks the distance and finally says "Stop" when the distance becomes too less.

Also uploading Video of the unit in action. The voice is loud and I think will be helpful for seniors who may not be able to always view the screen or see the measurements on the LCD Screen.

Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-img20171229wa0015.jpg  

Last edited by Traveler : 30th December 2017 at 14:00. Reason: Uploading Video
Old 18th January 2018, 21:16   #141
BHPian

What is the possibility of the WRV Automatic being launched.

A few blogs have mentioned in that past that "sources confirm that Honda will be offering these new features and also an automatic for its buyers".

A fully loaded 1.5 CVT variant would be a treat or is it too much to expect from Honda.
Old 18th January 2018, 21:54   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbraju View Post
A fully loaded 1.5 CVT variant would be a treat or is it too much to expect from Honda.
It's sitting right in front of their face. They have the 1.5L engine, they have the CVT box which is one of the best boxes.

Yet they are letting Ford, Tata and Hyundai get away with sales which could be theirs.

A 1.5L CVT W-RV is kind of like the perfect option but looking at how they never got it for Jazz, it's too much to expect from Honda.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 22:09   #143
Team-BHP Support

If Honda ever do a 1.5 Petrol version, I bet they'll feel entitled to price it alongside the Creta and Compass petrol automatics!
Old 18th January 2018, 22:53   #144
Senior - BHPian

^^*They can't, because wrv automatic 1.5 cannot cross brv automatic 1.5 which costs around 13L ex showroom.
Old 19th January 2018, 06:49   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's sitting right in front of their face. They have the 1.5L engine, they have the CVT box which is one of the best boxes.

Yet they are letting Ford, Tata and Hyundai get away with sales which could be theirs.

A 1.5L CVT W-RV is kind of like the perfect option but looking at how they never got it for Jazz, it's too much to expect from Honda.
Won't this move simply murder their "legendary" City? After all who would buy the VX variant when the same features can be bought at a lesser price?
Old 1st February 2018, 10:59   #146
BHPian

Planning to replace our 10 year old Santro with a bigger car . Primarily we are looking for :

1) High Ground Clearance
2) Rear seat space and it should accommodate 3 people
3) Driver's car (As I am going to drive and I'm 5 11)

We did test drive of Brezza and WR-V. Brezza, We felt the rear seat is more upright and interiors are not so great and rear space is lesser than wr-v. Ecosport we did not tried as it wont fit 3 adults in rear seat.

WR-V, Overall we were really impressed with the ride quality, Rear seat comfort, Suspension and all the other features (We test drove Diesel high end model and the sound was comparatively more and less pickup in the first gear when compared to Brezza). We were told petrol engine is butter smooth But Demo car (petrol) is not available and as per the sales person, Petrol (Demo) car may not be available in near future too.

All Reviews on WR-V ends with 1.2 litres petrol engine lacks punch/ power is not sufficient and I am confused on what exactly it means on Road ?!

In our 10 year old santro, We were able to make hill trips, long trips with 5 people on board with full luggage and never it struggled to climb up in steep hilly terrain. I normally drive at maximum 70-80 kms and I touch 100-110 in highways sometimes.

Please share your feedback on:-
1) Whether WR-V petrol can take 5 people + luggage and climb up the hills ( Say Kodaikanal,ooty,munnar)
2) Whether it can reach 120 kms speed in highways.

I never drove diesel till now and I want to remain with petrol engine only.
Thanks in advance for your inputs
Velu

Last edited by pmvelu : 1st February 2018 at 11:13.
Old 1st February 2018, 11:37   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post
Planning to replace our 10 year old Santro with a bigger car . Primarily we are looking for :

1) High Ground Clearance

WR-V, Overall we were really impressed with the ride quality, Rear seat comfort, Suspension and all the other features (We test drove Diesel high end model and the sound was comparatively more and less pickup in the first gear when compared to Brezza). We were told petrol engine is butter smooth But Demo car (petrol) is not available and as per the sales person, Petrol (Demo) car may not be available in near future too.

All Reviews on WR-V ends with 1.2L petrol engine lacks punch/ power is not sufficient and I am confused on what exactly it means on Road
Your observations are right; WR-V diesel car is noisy compared to Brezza but it does not suffer from turbo lag like Brezza. I own a petrol variant and have never felt any need for more performance, this opinion is derived after owning a 1.6L TDI Rapid, 1.5L dci Duster and 1.5L TDCi Ecosport. I am not exaggerating the performance of WR-V but it is not as bad as people have written about it. Quoting high speed values is not allowed on the forum, but it does the job if required. I have clocked 12K kms in 6 months and have driven on all kinds of roads.

Last edited by deehunk : 1st February 2018 at 11:40.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 12:39   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post

1) High Ground Clearance

Velu
I would say try Nexon 1.5 Diesel. its an awesome car which satisfies all your criteria.

Its a different matter if you are brand conscious.

Just my thoughts.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 12:54   #149
Senior - BHPian

My father just bought a WRV and he is thrilled. The rear seat is so spacious and comfortable.. He also just did an uphill trip with full load of 5 people and was all praises. No lack of power going uphill. He says the engine sound is pretty much okay although this is his first diesel car. He was driving a Baleno old model earlier. The best part is the mileage. It returned 20 kmpl on the hills. I would say WRV is the way to go.

Last but not least both front seats were all the way back and my cousins who are both tall had no problem in the rear seats. In fact they had a good 4 to 5 inches left between their knees and the front seats. Plus three people in the back were not squeezed at all. They were very comfortable.

Last edited by Traveler : 1st February 2018 at 12:59.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 14:15   #150
BHPian

Honda WRV diesel can comfortably cruise at 100 km/h and that too at just 1800 rpm in sixth gear . Uphill climbing is very easy and better than Vitara Brezza and diesel ecosport. I am yet to drive tata nexon uphill but have used extensively Honda WRV diesel in the hilly region of Arunachal Pradesh. The most important feature of Honda WR V is bullet proof reliability. If you have a heavy usage no other crossover can come even close to it.
koushik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks