Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 17:35   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The assumption that 1.2L i-VTEC engine is not powerful is a myth, I have done enough trips with 5-6 occupants in last 3 months, the car has never let down even once. I think it is the driving skills that matter most rather than the 1.2L engine.
Driving skills do matter but then not everyone is a driving expert. If you need expert driving skills to call WRV powerful, then I fear it is not powerful for general audience. Take an example, road to my nephew's house is treacherous, slippery with slush and quite a steep climb. He drives Celerio and manages to drive to his home with rather quite ease. That does not make a Celerio an off-roader , or does it?

1.2 iVtec feels powerful in the Brio, but felt average in the Jazz. Same with Hyundai 1.2 Kappa, It feels powerful in i10 but mediocre in i20. That said not everyone needs powerful engine .
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 18:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Now 16.5 in City that too a city like Bangalore does'nt seem believeable at all, are you calculating it wrong?
Actually a lot depends on which pocket of Bangalore. I commute on Begur-Road -> Jigani Link road-> Electronic city around 25kms one way and the only place where I encounter true B2B bangalore traffic is once i enter EC(4-5kms). But I am still driving in Bangalore. Although mine is a humber 1.0L Estilo I end up getting 16.5-17kpl and on NICE ROAD anything between 19-20kpl. But if I start driving on ORR or Bannerghata road I will come down to 11-12kpl that you mentioned. So maybe that too should be factored in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
1.2 iVtec feels powerful in the Brio...

About WR-V can't speak much, but in our BRIO back home(in kolkata) that 1.2iVtec is pretty frugal & powerful as well at higher revvs. We get ~15 in city and highway mileage around 17-18 atleast. But then WR-V being heavier 19kpl is amazing :

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th February 2018 at 18:15.
Old 27th February 2018, 20:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have never claimed the numbers for city driving, it is a mix of highway and city driving, predominantly highways. The other member "Traveler" has claimed an FE of 19 kmpl for a diesel variant. I have never called WR-V as a powerful vehicle but just said that it does the job when needed. Please read the posts before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by deehunk : 27th February 2018 at 21:09.
Old 27th February 2018, 22:07   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have never claimed the numbers for city driving, it is a mix of highway and city driving, predominantly highways. The other member "Traveler" has claimed an FE of 19 kmpl for a diesel variant. I have never called WR-V as a powerful vehicle but just said that it does the job when needed. Please read the posts before jumping to conclusions.
Yes you are right,it does the job well more than required.

I took the delivery of my wrv petrol silver vx variant today,it was bumper to bumper traffic on the way home,i reset the avg fuel consumption before driving off from the showroom,i got a fuel efficiency of 11kmpl.drive was around 20kms from showroom till my home.Car was driven in just 1st gear to second gear most of the time and occassionally third gear with rpm between 1200rpm to 1600rpm as there was peak traffic,i didn't have to throttle hard to pick up pace with the traffic,and the engine wasn't revved beyond 2000rpm.
The Best part about this engine is you are completely cut off from the outside noise.Its super silent and vibration free inside the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V : Official Review-20180227_190003.jpg  

Honda WR-V : Official Review-20180227_203907.jpg  

vineetg84 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:26   #170

Got the WRV a few month. The suspension is very soft and there is a significant amount of body roll.

It gives me nausea. My Honda City handles far better and I repent this decision to some extent.

Other than the suspension, everything is wonderful.
anujgarg1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 12:55   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujgarg1 View Post
Got the WRV a few month. The suspension is very soft and there is a significant amount of body roll.

It gives me nausea. My Honda City handles far better and I repent this decision to some extent.

Other than the suspension, everything is wonderful.
Yes the suspension is soft and there is lots of body roll at low city speeds.
vineetg84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 16:25   #172
BHPian

All hopes of Honda getting the 1.5L iVTEC engine and A/T option in the WR-V seem to be fading away. Its been more than a year since the car was launched and Honda seems to be "happy" with the modest sales figures.

I remember a post from member RavenAvi about the possibility of 1.5 iVTEC and A/T combo coming up around July last year. I have been keenly following this thread for further updates on that. And the wait still continues.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 27th March 2018 at 16:26.
fuel_addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 16:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

Are these messages true? or they are just to create urgency. After registering my inquiry for a Jazz or WRV at my local Honda dealer, I received more than ten messages talking about the price hike.

Name:  11.png
Views: 5947
Size:  49.4 KB

By the way, today I booked WRV Edge Edition Petrol. I updated price and other details at the "I Booked my Car" thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...hread-259.html

Last edited by SJM1214 : 29th March 2018 at 16:05. Reason: Minor Change.
Old 9th April 2018, 10:43   #174

Hi there, expecting my Diesel WRV to be delivered later this week - Does anyone have any opinion on the Bridgestones that come with the vehicle? I'm not so hung up on mileage as i am on braking and surefootedness in the wet.
Old 9th April 2018, 10:53   #175
Senior - BHPian

Unless you plan to do very high speed runs in the wet your Bridgestone should be just fine.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 12:38   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
All hopes of Honda getting the 1.5L iVTEC engine and A/T option in the WR-V seem to be fading away. Its been more than a year since the car was launched and Honda seems to be "happy" with the modest sales figures.

I remember a post from member RavenAvi about the possibility of 1.5 iVTEC and A/T combo coming up around July last year. I have been keenly following this thread for further updates on that. And the wait still continues.
I have been waiting for an AT in WRV as well. We have an 8 yrs old i10 AT, and like to move only to another AT. We never had a Honda, and thought of waiting for this one. Seems to be never happening.
Old 9th April 2018, 12:56   #177
Senior - BHPian

Personally I don't think that is going to happen. Jazz has an AT and apart from cosmetic changes it is the same car. Have a look at the Jazz.
Old 9th April 2018, 16:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

I just completed PDI of my new WR-V. The car is in good condition. VIN decoded and it shows March 2018. Delivery is scheduled on 11/04/2018.

I wanted to check the reverse camera but it wasn't installed in the car. I inquired about it with SA. As per him, they will install reverse camera and sensor at the local workshop. He also showed me a sperate box lying in the car itself, containing the reverse camera and sensor assembly.

Isn't it strange? I mean reverse camera and sensor are not additional accessories. They are inbuilt features of WR-Edge Edtion variant. Shouldn't they come pre-installed from OEM?
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 11:48   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Isn't it strange? I mean reverse camera and sensor are not additional accessories. They are inbuilt features of WR-Edge Edtion variant. Shouldn't they come pre-installed from OEM?
Ok, this question didn't let me sleep. I approached one of the senior at Honda Showroom with this query. As Per TL(Team Leader) of SA at Honda Showroom, WR-V Edge edition is just a small upgrade (Specifically reverse camera and Sensors) of WR-V S variant. They can sell their existing inventory of S variant with camera and sensor as Edge Edition. They don't even have the badge of Edge Edition on the car. He invited me to remain present (effect of Team-BHP keychain), during the installation of camera and sensor.

TL's explanation sounds logical, Isn't it?
Honda WR-V : Official Review-wrv...jpg
Source : https://www.carwale.com/comparecars/...5608&source=13

All is well, we are ready to take the delivery of the car tomorrow evening.
Old 10th April 2018, 13:43   #180
BHPian

This makes sense as I took delivery of my WRV VX Diesel last week. The car came factory fitted with all the gadgets.

Most Viewed